Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit (53182 Views)

GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC / Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller / Help Gtb Excessive Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by AleAirHub(m): 1:45pm On Feb 29, 2016
mavinc4u:

you must be sick to call someone that used his card with his hard earn money to make online transaction only to be robbed by a bank a thief. between the owner of the account and the bank who is a thief? i wonder why you didn't realised the case of black market rate coming down from N380 to N280; are people buying the dollars from them thieves since everyone is thief for spending their money.

Mavinc4u
Don't Mind The Silly Creature That Called He/Her Self Bettercreature. People hard earn currency and you are tagging them thief even when the Gtbank Customer Care was called to know the rate....

You are really a hostage to humanity!!!....
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by chukel(m): 1:46pm On Feb 29, 2016
Timileyin:
I heard 30k in that account but now negative.... Help now it's -77k in my salary account
op, it's simple. These banks are rogues. They played a fast one on you. Play back. Change ur salary account and forget that account. U have already paid for goods or services bearing in mind exchange rate was 199. Change ur salary account and abandon that gt account immediately, let them bask in the loss of their treachery.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Kirinwa: 1:48pm On Feb 29, 2016
Op fear God. You had #30,000 yet you made a purchase worth $500. Abi you wan scam GTB?

God don catch you.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Rooneyboy(m): 1:49pm On Feb 29, 2016
nenergy:
Dear valued customer, have you called your bank customer care? You should only come online when they've made no attempt to resolve or "explain" the issue. Have a nice day!

Thank u very for this response , we are so quick to rush to the internet these days when we are unsatisfied with issues which is really nauseating.

The poster should only come here when he/she must have reported to GTB and still unsatisfied after visiting them ..

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by whisp3r(m): 1:52pm On Feb 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

You're ridiculing him for doing the right thing?

Don't get me wrong. I was just saying my mind.

There are times I pay for softwares myself.

Thanks
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Cullinane: 1:57pm On Feb 29, 2016
Timileyin:
I made an online payment with my ATM to via my master card, and I was charged at the rate of 199usd to a naira and I felt it was the rate for the day cause there is no. Unofficial way in which they relate the charges to us. I made a transaction worth 500usd and now 24hours later my account is on debit, they keep removing my money and my accounts is suspended. They should relate this to us . Nigerian banks are really stupid
OP you have opened your yan$h wide for GTB and now they are banging you left and right, you are complaining
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by guiddoti: 2:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
Zoharariel:
GTBank is the 2nd most fraudulent bank in Nigeria after UBA.
first is first bank

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by meetmal03(f): 2:02pm On Feb 29, 2016

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by guiddoti: 2:03pm On Feb 29, 2016
Rooneyboy:

Thank u very for this response , we are so quick to rush to the internet these days when we are unsatisfied with issues which is really nauseating.

The poster should only come here when he/she must have reported to GTB and still unsatisfied after visiting them ..
what if the op had called?
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by mavinc4u(f): 2:03pm On Feb 29, 2016
Rooneyboy:

my dear is a general thing. it is not only op that is affected. check the thread you will see a lot of people making the same complain. almost all their customers.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by omonighoblessing(f): 2:04pm On Feb 29, 2016
u shld go your bank and make the complaint. .......if u can analyse your fact well then u create a show there in the banking hall.I know u will get the attention of the operation head(ops head) or the branch manager if there is any around.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Igwe007(m): 2:10pm On Feb 29, 2016
I'm having the same issue right now. Called one of their representatives and spoke for about 30 mins. The guy sounded confused and said he was gonna send me my statement so I can compare my credits and debits. As for what I can conclude there was an error from their side which a dollar was charged at 199 on Friday/Saturday and right now are charging at 299 which is basically the rate. My advice for you op is to abandon the account since its your salary account and open a new one in another bank.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by mavinc4u(f): 2:10pm On Feb 29, 2016
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Rooneyboy(m): 2:12pm On Feb 29, 2016
Kullant:
Confess your Banking Sins now !!! And stop accusing GTB of wrong debiting ! grin grin grin

Hehehehe grin cheesy
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by bdavis: 2:12pm On Feb 29, 2016
toluxa1:
This was a deliberate deceit and ploy by GTB to steal from their customers. After a steep decline in people using their card, they deliberately targeted a weekend to make this stunt, knowing that full deduction will not be made till the next business day and by then word will spread and more people will use their cards. I have a recording of the call I put through to GTBank customer care and the later said their current rate is 199. We should not let this go! About two of my friends in the UK made ATM withdrawals at $278/£, this morning they have cleared their accounts too.

Cc lalasticlala

@Toluxa1: good you have a recording. We can certainly use that. Please join us on the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/2963306/class-action-suit-against-gtbank
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Laredojohn(m): 2:15pm On Feb 29, 2016
Hmmm tot as much, the news filtered in Friday night/ Saturday morning that Gtb was charging 199naira per dollar, it was good news for we importers as all ceased the opportunity to buy goods online on ebay, amazon, and other sites that accept our Naira debit cards overseas, I also followed this bandwagon but did mine with sense, had the feeling it was a system error so just purchased a single item, guess the OP and many more with negative balance of huge figures took the opportunity to make bulk purchases, what I would suggest is you cancel some of ur orders that can be canceled so ur funds reverse back and clear some of the backlog of ur negative balance, i got mine too abt 2k plus

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by BoiledHead(m): 2:37pm On Feb 29, 2016
Abegi. .

This is Nigeria. A bank buy dollar at 285 and sell it at 299. In the cause of a system upgrade or error it become 199.

Who will bear the loss?

The bank? Seriously?

dejavus:

In the UK when such occurrence happens, the banks do not take the money back. Infact there was a friend of mine who had money paid into his account in error and he transferred the money somewhere else and the bank had to beg him to pay it back and he paid it back in installment. If you have spent it there was nothing the bank can do because it is their error.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by culcid(m): 2:39pm On Feb 29, 2016
Worst is that from calculation they have over charged me.

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by mrobruche: 2:43pm On Feb 29, 2016
Close all accounts with GTB they're fraudulent

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Jethrolite(m): 2:48pm On Feb 29, 2016
texaco1:

Let him resign from the job and open another account . grin
Very funny but I find it hard to enjoy the joke and really laugh.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by dejavus: 3:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
BoiledHead:
Abegi. .

This is Nigeria. A bank buy dollar at 285 and sell it at 299. In the cause of a system upgrade or error it become 199.

Who will bear the loss?

The bank? Seriously?

Yes Seriously. What do you think they have insurance for? Perhaps you dont know banks have insurances to cover for errors like this. It was their mistake so why should we pay for it?

2 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by skyhighweb(m): 3:12pm On Feb 29, 2016
Kirinwa:
Op fear God. You had #30,000 yet you made a purchase worth $500. Abi you wan scam GTB?

God don catch you.
ur head they there u are right because $500 dollars is 99500, guy it's ur fault n and error system
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by BoiledHead(m): 3:16pm On Feb 29, 2016
dejavus:

Yes Seriously. What do you think they have insurance for? Perhaps you dont know banks have insurances to cover for errors like this. It was their mistake so why should we pay for it?

Excuse me you are taking it as if 199 is the rate. The rate is 299. What stop from calling the bank to confirm? After all just a few hours before then it was 299 and suddenly 199 and it's the only bank.. that should spark some suspicion. But because Nigerians are quick to play smart and try to exploit every opportunity they went to make bulk payments.

Now the bank has taken their money back they are calling Cbn as if it's not 299 that is the rate.

You say insurance? Insurance does not cover those kind of errors. The bank would bear the full loss which obviously they don't want to bear.

I knew the bank will take their money. Access bank did same thing they did not learn. Now they are calling cbn again. Lol
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Snoolv360(m): 3:17pm On Feb 29, 2016
GTB ehn! i can't remember the last time i deposited money in that bank, even my last N500 left in the account i used it to buy recharge card.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by spencekat(m): 3:29pm On Feb 29, 2016
andymofia:
same thing happened to me. I wrote to CBN Consumer Protection Department
And the outcome was?
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by legundarybeans(m): 3:36pm On Feb 29, 2016
Sorry abt ur plight bro.lets hope dey do something abt it.but pls let's nt forget to observe #thenobanking day tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by ZN2: 3:37pm On Feb 29, 2016
Holyman3:

Who would be interested in account number with minus -28000?

With that account number, any smart person can get his full names and a lot more. Best to be safe than sorry.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by jidex89200(m): 4:08pm On Feb 29, 2016
GTB has to be one of the worst bank to do business with in Nigeria. This same issue happened to me about a year ago. I sell various apple products to several clients in Lagos, specifically computer village. On this specific day, I went to the Apple store in Atlanta, and made a purchase of $6000, this was when POS limit was $3000 per month. I used two GTB debit card on that specific day, my card and my younger brother's card. I made the purchase on a Thursday, i remember very clearly, they charged me about N190 to $1, which was surprising. I felt like, i made a huge gain on the purchase. The following Saturday, both account went down balance was -N220,000. I was shocked. I called them and explained everything but, all they could tell me was they were sorry. And i told them too that I am sorry, i am not going to pay them back their N220,000 on both accounts.
The banking industry in Nigeria seriously needs reform. There is no reason why a bank should charge close to black market rate.

3 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 29, 2016
whisp3r:

Ha! A lot o

For example if I were a hacker I'll send you a robust phishing email. Even GTB self will fall for it.

I could cause serious havoc with just that tiny details you think is nothing.

Never underestimate the power of technology.

Cheers.

NOTE: I'm an experienced network penetration tester that is why I'm giving you all these advice.

My friend there's nothing you can do with just an account number in today's banking system without an internal job.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by chuksmad(m): 4:36pm On Feb 29, 2016
I have the same issue with GTB. Infact i don't understand this their account balance.
I bought something online for 9$ and they deducted 2,688 naira which is 299/$.
And the charge is today.
Why the available balance is -193.60 naira? which is not suppose to be

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by MSItachi: 4:48pm On Feb 29, 2016
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by AleAirHub(m): 4:53pm On Feb 29, 2016
Useless Bank cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Write A Business Proposal? / List Of Profitable Businesses For Small Capital Owners. / Scammers New Tactics (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.