Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,189 members, 7,811,485 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit (53188 Views)

GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC / Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller / Help Gtb Excessive Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by andymofia(m): 5:03pm On Feb 29, 2016
bigtt76:
Did you get a response? Emails to that department always bounces grin

maybe you have been sending to the wrong email. cpd@cbn.gov.ng
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by andymofia(m): 5:04pm On Feb 29, 2016
spencekat:
And the outcome was?

they acknowledged the email. I am still waiting for their response.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Infinitikoncept(m): 5:05pm On Feb 29, 2016
We can't just keep complaining. Nigerians its high time we stopped this daylight robbers. We have been bullied for too long yet they keep doing it because they know we are timid. They know we suffer underneath and smile on the surface. They know we have always accepted our fate like dummies. Let us for once rise against this bullying of bank scams.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by gbodimowo(m): 5:09pm On Feb 29, 2016
AleAirHub:

Mavinc4u
Don't Mind The Silly Creature That Called He/Her Self Bettercreature. People hard earn currency and you are tagging them thief even when the Gtbank Customer Care was called to know the rate....

You are really a hostage to humanity!!!....

rhat is how some people have been castigating rhosw of us who took d risk FYI if u know u r not bold to do something stay away and when d bold ones do it kindly keep quiet.
we il resolve this and the less bold ones il be put in their rightful place

by d way d class action thread is underserved at the moment lets give the thread a boost
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by gbodimowo(m): 5:11pm On Feb 29, 2016
chukel:
op, it's simple. These banks are rogues. They played a fast one on you. Play back. Change ur salary account and forget that account. U have already paid for goods or services bearing in mind exchange rate was 199. Change ur salary account and abandon that gt account immediately, let them bask in the loss of their treachery.

running away has never been an option for me we il have to see this to a logical conclusion
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by datigbogirl: 5:12pm On Feb 29, 2016
dailydolla4u:
Are you sure tha GTB of all bank will charge you 199 per $ ? Not even StandbicIBTC can you see 200 for $1 for online shopping! Anyways more info about it, or demand for reason of your account entering minus or details of your transactions, they will funish u with it. Morning .

How much Stanbic dey charge?
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by gbodimowo(m): 5:13pm On Feb 29, 2016
Rooneyboy:

Thank u very for this response , we are so quick to rush to the internet these days when we are unsatisfied with issues which is really nauseating.

The poster should only come here when he/she must have reported to GTB and still unsatisfied after visiting them ..

whats your proof a call wasnt made?
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by whisp3r(m): 5:16pm On Feb 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

My friend there's nothing you can do with just an account number in today's banking system without an internal job.

Hate to argue. You would be surprised
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by gbodimowo(m): 5:17pm On Feb 29, 2016
Igwe007:
I'm having the same issue right now. Called one of their representatives and spoke for about 30 mins. The guy sounded confused and said he was gonna send me my statement so I can compare my credits and debits. As for what I can conclude there was an error from their side which a dollar was charged at 199 on Friday/Saturday and right now are charging at 299 which is basically the rate. My advice for you op is to abandon the account since its your salary account and open a new one in another bank.

if there was an error we must not be the ones paying for it how many of our errors have they paid for
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by gbodimowo(m): 5:17pm On Feb 29, 2016
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by gbodimowo(m): 5:18pm On Feb 29, 2016
bdavis:

@Toluxa1: good you have a recording. We can certainly use that. Please join us on the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/2963306/class-action-suit-against-gtbank

others please join too
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by gbodimowo(m): 5:22pm On Feb 29, 2016
BoiledHead:
Abegi. .

This is Nigeria. A bank buy dollar at 285 and sell it at 299. In the cause of a system upgrade or error it become 199.

Who will bear the loss?

The bank? Seriously?

exactly my point . so d dude above you saying d customer needs to pay for the banks error is a clown
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 29, 2016
whisp3r:

Hate to argue. You would be surprised

Not an argument but a discussion.

Account numbers are routinely posted online to accept payments. It's safe because you can't transfer money out with just an account number.

Any dimwit that responds to an email Phishing solicitation from an alleged bank in 2016 has it coming.

You are wasting your talent online. If you're as good as you think then you should be working for a Fortune 500 company as a security analyst.

2 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by gbodimowo(m): 5:39pm On Feb 29, 2016
dejavus:

Yes Seriously. What do you think they have insurance for? Perhaps you dont know banks have insurances to cover for errors like this. It was their mistake so why should we pay for it?

you are on point we cant pay for their mistakes thats unacceptable
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by whisp3r(m): 5:45pm On Feb 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Not an argument but a discussion.

Account numbers are routinely posted online to accept payments. It's safe because you can transfer money out with just an account number.

Any dimwit that responds to an email solicitation from s bank in 2016 has it coming.

You don't need to respond b4 you're hacked.

Remember I can easily get your bvn from that screenshot.

Forget about those little scratches you did there.

Try reading up on phishing. There are some advanced phishing techniques that even a bank it staff would fall for.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by gbodimowo(m): 5:46pm On Feb 29, 2016
jidex89200:
GTB has to be one of the worst bank to do business with in Nigeria. This same issue happened to me about a year ago. I sell various apple products to several clients in Lagos, specifically computer village. On this specific day, I went to the Apple store in Atlanta, and made a purchase of $6000, this was when POS limit was $3000 per month. I used two GTB debit card on that specific day, my card and my younger brother's card. I made the purchase on a Thursday, i remember very clearly, they charged me about N190 to $1, which was surprising. I felt like, i made a huge gain on the purchase. The following Saturday, both account went down balance was -N220,000. I was shocked. I called them and explained everything but, all they could tell me was they were sorry. And i told them too that I am sorry, i am not going to pay them back their N220,000 on both accounts.
The banking industry in Nigeria seriously needs reform. There is no reason why a bank should charge close to black market rate.

join d petition
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by gbodimowo(m): 6:10pm On Feb 29, 2016
Are you all aware first bank had an issue on friday,sent an email with an alternative and sent an email to wxplain the peoblem and thanked those who stood by them?

so why il GTB claim to have a problem , yet not inform customers about itt instead come up with a conclusion and tell us to accept and pay for an error that isnt ours.

i say NO note abandoning the account is a No option as BVN il hold you back
this brazing act of rape and daylight robbery has to end and this has to be the case that il end it

i qant those accusing the bold ones to know this

when you call on weekends you get friday rates, i want you to know that according to the banks the rates are calculated by the software and not subject to manipulation

that last statement is a common saying if u call any of the customer care services

FYI i qant to put this up for the ITKs here to answer

how il u explain a paypal transaction done on a friday at 1pm and debited immediately at 270 only to be refunded by seller 3pm via paypal due to insufficient stock and your refund doesnt show up until 4 days in your bank at a rate of 228 remember the debit.n refund was same day on paypal 2hrs apart but d cash was taken immediately for debit n returned 4 days later

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Bazikd(m): 6:29pm On Feb 29, 2016
Gtb just did dsame to me

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by bdavis: 6:35pm On Feb 29, 2016
T
gbodimowo:
Are you all aware first bank had an issue on friday,sent an email with an alternative and sent an email to wxplain the peoblem and thanked those who stood by them?

so why il GTB claim to have a problem , yet not inform customers about itt instead come up with a conclusion and tell us to accept and pay for an error that isnt ours.

i say NO note abandoning the account is a No option as BVN il hold you back
this brazing act of rape and daylight robbery has to end and this has to be the case that il end it

i qant those accusing the bold ones to know this

when you call on weekends you get friday rates, i want you to know that according to the banks the rates are calculated by the software and not subject to manipulation

that last statement is a common saying if u call any of the customer care services

FYI i qant to put this up for the ITKs here to answer

how il u explain a paypal transaction done on a friday at 1pm and debited immediately at 270 only to be refunded by seller 3pm via paypal due to insufficient stock and your refund doesnt show up until 4 days in your bank at a rate of 228 remember the debit.n refund was same day on paypal 2hrs apart but d cash was taken immediately for debit n returned 4 days later

Don't mind them jare...my brother once had a case like that and they came up with all sorts of cock and bull stories to justify their action and why the refund is less than actual debit, one thing stanbic never does. Yes it might take time to post, but it's refunded at the same exact rate it was debited. After being on the phone for a while and several emails later with GTBANK not budging, I told him to copy CBN in his next mail to the bank, keeping the thread and guess what, when he copied CBN, this time around GTBANK didn't respond to his email but they credited him with the difference immediately!

Please join the below thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2963306/class-action-suit-against-gtbank#43363495
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by nenergy(m): 6:37pm On Feb 29, 2016
Rooneyboy:

Thank u very for this response , we are so quick to rush to the internet these days when we are unsatisfied with issues which is really nauseating.

The poster should only come here when he/she must have reported to GTB and still unsatisfied after visiting them ..
Na vex dey cause am grin

I worked 3 years in customer relations - Telecoms -, so I've seen it plenty grin
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by nenergy(m): 6:42pm On Feb 29, 2016
Brytawon:
How on earth can a Retired General buy Okada for the Army to fight insurgencies in this 21st Century? #WhereIsTheChange
Don't the insurgents use okada too? Okada can go to terrains a vehicle can't. Reason am well na!
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by spencekat(m): 6:51pm On Feb 29, 2016
andymofia:

they acknowledged the email. I am still waiting for their response.
Ok.All the best.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Halaz(m): 7:05pm On Feb 29, 2016
it happens to me once, but the issue resolved without contacting customer care.
sit back and relax mehn everything would be alright...
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 29, 2016
whisp3r:

You don't need to respond b4 you're hacked.

Remember I can easily get your bvn from that screenshot.

Forget about those little scratches you did there.

Try reading up on phishing. There are some advanced phishing techniques that even a bank it staff would fall for.

Why should I read up on phishing? You can't cheat an honest man.

You're not discussing with an average inept Nairalander here.

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 29, 2016
Brytawon:
How on earth can a Retired General buy Okada for the Army to fight insurgencies in this 21st Century? #WhereIsTheChange

You have complete internet access but you can't use it to expand your horizon past Nairaland. Sad.

Two wheeled cycles are part of the tools on hand for a modern military personnel.

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by donfrance(m): 8:41pm On Feb 29, 2016
I happened to me too. I paid for a transaction of 50USD on friday and i was charged 11,500 and something naira. Later on monday even they came back and re-charge my acct of extra 3400 naira with a statement of 50USD (N14950.98). So i guess it was around 295 or so that was their real bank charge last week friday.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by donfrance(m): 8:59pm On Feb 29, 2016
Gtbank sent an apology email.

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by whisp3r(m): 9:17pm On Feb 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Why should I read up on phishing? You can't cheat an honest man.

You're not discussing with an average inept Nairalander here.

Am not trying to cheat you. I'm only enlightening you.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 29, 2016
whisp3r:

Am not trying to cheat you. I'm only enlightening you.

I'm not accusing you of trying to cheat me Sir.

You can neither cheat nor enlighten me.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 29, 2016
donfrance:
Gtbank sent an apology email.

Is it apology email plus refund or just apology email with jar of Vaseline?

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by ManirBK: 9:54pm On Feb 29, 2016
andymofia:
same thing happened to me. I wrote to CBN Consumer Protection Department
pls can u link me to their address
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by bigtt76(f): 9:54pm On Feb 29, 2016
No its the correct one I use. I guess when they're in their elements, they allow the email box to get filled up and it starts rejecting emails grin common with many bankers

andymofia:

maybe you have been sending to the wrong email. cpd@cbn.gov.ng

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

List Of Profitable Businesses For Small Capital Owners. / How To Write A Business Proposal? / Scammers New Tactics (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.