Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit (53178 Views)

GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC / Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller / Help Gtb Excessive Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Shams4real76: 10:02pm On Feb 29, 2016
nenergy:
Dear valued customer, have you called your bank customer care? You should only come online when they've made no attempt to resolve or "explain" the issue. Have a nice day!

I am sure you are one of their staffs right?

Gtb are only living on past glory... The are the worst bank now { my opinion dou}.

They make some illegal charges these days and makes banking with them disappointing.

Soon will close my account. Rubbish!!
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by frebor(m): 10:34pm On Feb 29, 2016
So Gtbank heard you want to sue and quickly released this?

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by einsteine(m): 10:38pm On Feb 29, 2016
Dishonest customers using a slight error as an opportunity to make unnecessary purchases. Go to court if you think you have a case, then you would be given a free lesson in corporate and business law.

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Nkemp(m): 11:08pm On Feb 29, 2016
einsteine:
Dishonest customers using a slight error as an opportunity to make unnecessary purchases. Go to court if you think you have a case, then you would be given a free lesson in corporate and business law.

Mr, u defending GTbank, if you well informed can we have the exchange rate for other banks and lets compare.
In all my cash withdrawal in the US for just thus brief break. I have been charged #300 -$1. Quite unfair

3 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Emmyk(m): 3:41am On Mar 01, 2016
And I was feeling depressed on Saturday, when I couldn't use my Gtbank MasterCard but used Skyebank @334 naira, only to come online and saw Gtbank was 199...

There is this Yoruba saying,... Eni nwa ifa, o nwa ofo. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by leuelliot(m): 5:48am On Mar 01, 2016
einsteine:

very myopic comment. a lot of people made transactions on Friday without knowing the rates went down. That's your understanding of dishonest

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Nobody: 5:51am On Mar 01, 2016
einsteine:

Yep.

I'm certain that there's a disclaimer tucked away in the account opening documents on the bank being always having the right to correct errors.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by twinskenny(m): 6:38am On Mar 01, 2016
einsteine:

you spoke my mind... am not sure any case will stand
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by andymofia(m): 8:19am On Mar 01, 2016
ManirBK:
pls can u link me to their address

cpd@cbn.gov.ng
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by dejavus: 8:26am On Mar 01, 2016
BoiledHead:

Excuse me you are taking it as if 199 is the rate. The rate is 299. What stop from calling the bank to confirm? After all just a few hours before then it was 299 and suddenly 199 and it's the only bank.. that should spark some suspicion. But because Nigerians are quick to play smart and try to exploit every opportunity they went to make bulk payments.

Now the bank has taken their money back they are calling Cbn as if it's not 299 that is the rate.

You say insurance? Insurance does not cover those kind of errors. The bank would bear the full loss which obviously they don't want to bear.

I knew the bank will take their money. Access bank did same thing they did not learn. Now they are calling cbn again. Lol

Actually insurance does cover these type of errors.

And I kid you not.

There was a time when an atm machine was dispensing £20 for every £10 requested, hence people were getting double their request. Guess what, the people didn't pay it back. Google it.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Azuwonder(m): 9:13am On Mar 01, 2016
Kirinwa:
Op fear God. You had #30,000 yet you made a purchase worth $500. Abi you wan scam GTB?

God don catch you.

That's the part I don't understand, did he mean 30k in excess of the transaction price or 30k period, if it's the latter then he really played himself cos as it's a salary account they'll def allow him to exceed his balance knowing tht wen his salary shows, they'll deduct it. But what was he thinking though? $500 @ ngn199/$ = ngn99,500. And gtb will also take a lil something off the top on the "loan" they gave the OP. Talk abt double wahala.
Lol!!!
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by bdavis: 5:23pm On Mar 01, 2016
dejavus:

Actually insurance does cover these type of errors.

And I kid you not.

There was a time when an atm machine was dispensing £20 for every £10 requested, hence people were getting double their request. Guess what, the people didn't pay it back. Google it.

https://www.facebook.com/enuf29jabanks
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Bazikd(m): 6:31pm On Mar 01, 2016
hi guys,Gtb have refunded my money and reversed the -33,227 debit on my acct.

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by AleAirHub(m): 7:37pm On Mar 01, 2016
Bazikd:

How!!!..
please explain
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Samunosuke(m): 8:01pm On Mar 01, 2016
All these people defending GTB here are irritating. I can't count the number of times GTB has double-debited me in the past 8 years. Sure, they reverse it but only after the end of the month and after they have used the money to do whatever they want.
These are DEBIT cards not CREDIT cards. The former only allows you to use your funds in the account while the latter allows you to use money you don't have. BIG difference.
If they made a mistake, they should kindly explain to the customer and offer options to resolve it and not putting people's account in the negative. No one is a child here, you own up to your mistakes not transfer the burden onto someone else. They are responsible for the integrity of their systems not the customer.
The banks make their workers - the tellers - pay for any imbalance in physical cash deposits because it's (you guessed it) THEIR FAULT.
I didn't participate in this knowing that the Nigerian system doesn't work and I don't want to get high BP over stupidity.

5 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Leopantro: 8:42pm On Mar 01, 2016
Bazikd:

What did you do to get it corrected,?
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Bazikd(m): 9:17pm On Mar 01, 2016
Leopantro:

What did you do to get it corrected,?
I did nothing bro,I just checked my acct bal via GTapp and discovered that they have rectified d mess they created on my acct.I advice that you check your acct to confirm yours too.I have decided to withdraw all my money first thing tomorrow to avoid another story ooo
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by bdavis: 10:16pm On Mar 01, 2016
Bazikd:

I did nothing bro,I just checked my acct bal via GTapp and discovered that they have rectified d mess they created on my acct.I advice that you check your acct to confirm yours too.I have decided to withdraw all my money first thing tomorrow to avoid another story ooo

Hmmm...maybe they noticed we are not joking this time around and the movement is gaining traction...

Please let's all lend our voice:

Social Media Handles:

FB: http://www.facebook.com/Enuf29jaBanks

Nairaland: https://www.nairaland.com/2963306/class-action-suit-against-gtbank

IG page and BBM channel being worked on and would be live shortly.

Heard a twitter handle is already live, so no need to recreate that, can the link be provided please?
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by rotimioceans(m): 12:17pm On May 01, 2016
Nkemp:

Mr, u defending GTbank, if you well informed can we have the exchange rate for other banks and let's compare.
In all my cash withdrawal in the US for just this brief break. I have been charged #300 -$1. Quite unfair

The banks are really taking advantage of the unstable forex situation for a while now. You can always check https://naijapricecheck.com/ to have an idea of daily rates.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by AishaB20: 10:17am On Apr 02, 2023
GTB just cleared my account too and leave it on negative - 44,221.92 and I'm not on any loan.

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by AishaB20: 11:48am On Apr 02, 2023
Timileyin:
They cleared my account and tired it to negative balance... fP pls we need to let this people knw that we are not fools.... Help I don die now it's -77,000 what is wrong with them

Same Gtb just did to my account. I was deducted the sum of 44,221.92 and o debit right now for transferring 44000 to the said GTB PLC ACCOUNT. To make matters worst, i am not on any Bank LOAN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Write A Business Proposal? / List Of Profitable Businesses For Small Capital Owners. / Scammers New Tactics (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.