Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,051 members, 7,810,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit (53174 Views)

GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC / Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller / Help Gtb Excessive Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by asumo12: 1:08pm On Feb 29, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3448665_quickmemo201602291128401_jpegbc8ad3363b75ce14be32a9c7db406ebb

your account will soon be reversed!!!

why?

your Book balance show et all bro...

No Fear!!!

Fearless Timileyin!!!
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Brytawon(m): 1:10pm On Feb 29, 2016
efilefun:
yw but next time weigh the advantage of things before condemning it, that was how a dude called barricading of railway tracks and planting of trees and flowers waste.

But why does it seems like you're pained
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by mavinc4u(f): 1:10pm On Feb 29, 2016
is like CBN is sleeping on duty; ICPC should wake up. the corrupt practices you preach against is what gtbank is committing on their customers at the moment.

The breeze has finally blown today and it has exposed the fowl buttocks.

The message below was extracted from gtbank transaction so i wonder why they are doing the opposite.

While funding your account for transactions, kindly take note of the following:

The exchange rate at the time of the transaction

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by adepiero: 1:14pm On Feb 29, 2016
Is there no regulatory body one can report this bank to? they keep debiting my account and yet the purpose is not stated on my balance statement. If you call them, they will waste your time, if you tweet at them, they will DM stupid messages and if you goto their office, their CS are as clueless as they look grin

Am tired of these thieves

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Ymodulus: 1:17pm On Feb 29, 2016
Sezuo:
Nkan ti o le. Close the account once u get what you ordered for. BTW why didn't you buy #made in Naija to grow the naira?

You can't close a negative account.

3 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Tonason: 1:17pm On Feb 29, 2016
All these Banks are sucking us dry, I renewed my Norton Internet Security on Saturday with my ATM which is $54 but my bank Access took 16,771.95. Which means at the rate of =N=310.5 per dollar. It is outrageous. CBN hear our humble cry.

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by efilefun(m): 1:18pm On Feb 29, 2016
Brytawon:

But why does it seems like you're pained
lmao pained? I only get on here when am less busy to feel that "Nigerian spirit"
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by adewasco2k(m): 1:18pm On Feb 29, 2016
i had same problem about a year ago, and i left it that way and my account is still active, i dont use it again only my domiciliary account.

im waiting for the day they will charge my dollar account....heaven will fall

2 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Dyt(f): 1:20pm On Feb 29, 2016
That was what this orange bank did to me sometime too
I did a transaction like 4am, was even surprised I was charged lower, only for me to start seeing a different debit alert from the one I got earlier

Smh
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 29, 2016
toluxa1:

I called GT connect before making my transaction. The lady confirmed to be that presently they are charging 199. I have a recording of that call.
Then what are you waiting for.
Pls make sure u fight this to the end.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Brytawon(m): 1:21pm On Feb 29, 2016
efilefun:
lmao pained? I only get on here when am less busy to feel that "Nigerian spirit"

"One Nigeria" my brother. grin
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 29, 2016
bettercreature:
Serve you right! the fact still remain you guys are THIEFS i saw the post on nairaland during the weekend and i realised it must be an error
i refused to buy the dollar until this morning

you have no right to call anyone a thief here. i bought 10usd item on a site, charged at 199 rate and got debited at 199 rate. called their customer care to be sure it wasn't a mistake,put me on hold for over 5 mins and later said it was not a mistake that once u are debited at any rate, then its valid, u decided to try to get more thinking the rate has been reduced ( if i can get a debit at 199, why can't i try again), how will u now call me a thief for that?

the other transactions were also put on hold at 199 but were not debited like the 10usd transaction on friday. only for them to debit this morning at 299. do u know some people that bought dollars frm gtb on Thursday had their money put on hold at 299 rate but got debited at 199 on friday, will you call them a thief?

5 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 29, 2016
[quote author=ifyalways post=43354791]
Not GTB trust me, Access and UBA are the worst. [/qu ote]
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 29, 2016
ifyalways:

Not GTB trust me, Access and UBA are the worst.
Now i know better

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Shakitibobo: 1:28pm On Feb 29, 2016
Hi, call their GTConnect Line (014480000) and let them know. 2. You can also visit any GTBank branch and discuss with customer care or the BM to provide you with the details of your banking transaction. 3. Remove your account number from this post as you just succeeded in exposing yourself more to fraud
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by mavinc4u(f): 1:28pm On Feb 29, 2016
bettercreature:
Serve you right! the fact still remain you guys are THIEFS i saw the post on nairaland during the weekend and i realised it must be an error
i refused to buy the dollar until this morning

you must be sick to call someone that used his card with his hard earn money to make online transaction only to be robbed by a bank a thief. between the owner of the account and the bank who is a thief? i wonder why you didn't realised the case of black market rate coming down from N380 to N280; are people buying the dollars from them thieves since everyone is thief for spending their money.

7 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by dejavus: 1:28pm On Feb 29, 2016
BoiledHead:
Lol

Did you guys really think gtb won't take the money back? I knew it was a system error.

In the UK when such occurrence happens, the banks do not take the money back. Infact there was a friend of mine who had money paid into his account in error and he transferred the money somewhere else and the bank had to beg him to pay it back and he paid it back in installment. If you have spent it there was nothing the bank can do because it is their error.

2 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by whisp3r(m): 1:29pm On Feb 29, 2016
Tonason:
All these Banks are sucking us dry, I renewed my Norton Internet Security on Saturday with my ATM which is $54 but my bank Access took 16,771.95. Which means at the rate of =N=310.5 per dollar. It is outrageous. CBN hear our humble cry.

Still paying for renewal when there is crack.

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Stylz69(m): 1:30pm On Feb 29, 2016
This may not help your current situation but I advise that you should sign up on the gtbank portal for a virtual Mastercard. They'll issue you the card number, expiry date, Security 3 and pin online. You transfer the exact funds to this virtual card online and make your transactions. This way, you will not fall victim to such deductions. I had such happen to me so I just blocked the card and now use a virtual Mastercard for any online transaction

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by diva90: 1:34pm On Feb 29, 2016
Too many issues with GTB, stopped banking with them cos their wahala plenty
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by whisp3r(m): 1:35pm On Feb 29, 2016
adewasco2k:
i had same problem about a year ago, and i left it that way and my account is still active, i dont use it again only my domiciliary account.

im waiting for the day they will charge my dollar account....heaven will fall

Hello bro,

Never share a screenshot of your account details online even after covering the important detail's.

People that are techy can easily still remove those red brush and view all your account info

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by mavinc4u(f): 1:35pm On Feb 29, 2016
ColtPython:

Don't mind them....

That 419 scam is present in majority of Nigerians' blood

grin grin grin

another sick fellow. did you see the part where Gtbank customer care was called to confirm the rate and they confirmed the rate as N199 so why the noise. it is people like you that have made Nigeria banks what they are today.

My grand mother used to say that when one escapes from been killed by an evil spirit, an evil human would kill; that is exactly what gtbank is practising. people ignored keeping their money at home for fear of been attacked by robbers and decided to deposit in the bank where it would be safe but the bank that is suppose to protect you would turn and rob you off.

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by ican2020: 1:36pm On Feb 29, 2016
GTB is better than Access Bank, at least they billed you below 300 in all
I made a payment of $500 with Access Bank PLC Visa Card and I was debited N152, 000 amounting to 302 for each dollar when dollar has fall below 300.
See detail here
https://www.nairaland.com/2962321/how-much-nigeria-banks-charge
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by texaco1: 1:36pm On Feb 29, 2016
Jethrolite:
Salary account? This is really scary and the month has ended.
Let him resign from the job and open another account . grin
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by dazzlingd(m): 1:36pm On Feb 29, 2016
op which kind level, u ve an issue, meet your bank first befr coming online
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 29, 2016
Tonason:

In all sincerity were you hoping that they'll charge you @ N19x?
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 29, 2016
whisp3r:

Hello bro,

Never share a screenshot of your account details online even after covering the important detail's.

People that are techy can easily still remove those red brush and view all your account info

And then do what with the numbers?
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 29, 2016
whisp3r:

Still paying for renewal when there is crack.

You're ridiculing him for doing the right thing?
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by whisp3r(m): 1:43pm On Feb 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

And then do what with the numbers?

Ha! A lot o

For example if I were a hacker I'll send you a robust phishing email. Even GTB self will fall for it.

I could cause serious havoc with just that tiny details you think is nothing.

Never underestimate the power of technology.

Cheers.

NOTE: I'm an experienced network penetration tester that is why I'm giving you all these advice.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by muller101(m): 1:43pm On Feb 29, 2016
ZN2:
Hide your account number on that screenshot. You're exposing yourself there.
lol. We don see am already.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Gabbyking(m): 1:44pm On Feb 29, 2016
GTB Charged Charged me 211 to 1 USD when I withdrew through ATM in Texas last week, I decided to try swiping my card after shopping at Walmart, I was charged 199 to 1USD same day with my Master card. I was like WOW!! When I went grocery store the next day, I was charged 299.10 USD to 1 USD, WTF shocked, thought something went wrong somewhere. Went back to withdraw 200USD maximum GTBank limit through ATM the next day and was also surprised to see GTBank charged me 299.10 while black market is selling at 220. Which kind Country be this where someone will wake up and decides to wipe your account? undecided. This is terrible.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Write A Business Proposal? / List Of Profitable Businesses For Small Capital Owners. / Scammers New Tactics (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.