Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men (15809 Views)

The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men / Shameful Photos Of Men And Women Caught Having Sexxx (photos) / The Hypocrisy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
cococandy: Attraction is a direct result of physical appeal. So it goes a long way even with fellow men.
Smaller men are self conscious in the presence of larger men. And ladies looove big guys.
First impressions can define how your fellow guys relate with you and your appearance can make you stand out among other men therebya creating the impression of 'bigger' man to female onlookers.
Ever heard of the basic requirement you need to have to be a good mating partner? 'Tall,dark,handsome?'
Go figure.

What I think? Good leadership is a combination of all those other points you noted in your post because a leader would really have to be balanced in all of those to make his followers follow willingly so you're right too.

Note that I also said depending on the social requirments of the time.
There was a time when all a man needed to survive was brawn. Stronger men were the toast of the time and could have harems of women because they had what it took.

Now physical strength may not even be on the list of what makes an alpha male since financial power is needed more in our own time.
Hence my etc etc.

I'm fine thank you.

darling? cheesy grin an NL guy is being nice to me for a change when I'd already given up on yous. There must be fresh air blowing around here.

Nd how does all these things you mentioned exclude women... These are all tips which make males more attractive to other women... The term Alpha male is first of all used in relation to women...
Besides, someone who is an Alpha to his women may be a nobody where his mates are concerned.... You are tall, dark and handsome... You think your male friends care about that sh1t?
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by cococandy(f): 12:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
Maybe it was too complex.
In simple terms. Not all men are alpha men.
It doesn't mean that if you're not alpha you can't be the leader in your home. You can if you have what it takes to head YOUR home. Simple.

Alpha male is a term used in comparison between males and not between males and females.

We women are in a world of our own when it comes to such comparisons. Pls don't be angry it's not too late for you to be an alpha male if you wish too.
You can work on it
njokusboy:

EVERY MAN IS AN ALPHA AS FAR AS HIS HOME IS CONCERNED EXCEPT WHERE THE WOMAN LEADS THE HOME.....

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by pickabeau1: 12:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
cococandy: Maybe it was too complex.
It doesn't mean that if you're not alpha you can't be the leader in your home. You can if you have what it takes to head YOUR home. Simple.

Alpha male is a term used in comparison between males and not between males and females.

We women are in a world of our own when it comes to such comparisons. Pls don't be angry it's not too late for you to be an alpha male if you wish too.
You can work on it

Good you accept your usage of the term was not relevant to the context

alpha male

noun
a male animal having the highest rank in a dominance hierarchy: Studies show that in spite of their high rank, access to females, etc., baboon alpha males experience a great deal of stress.

the most dominant, powerful, or assertive man in a particular group: the alpha male of investment bankers.
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by cococandy(f): 12:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
You can't be alpha male because you subdue your woman. Or dominate her as you put it.
You can only be alpha if you're bigger than other men in all the ways possible.
Stop being angry about that.
It's nature.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.traitsofthealphamale.com/77/25-traits-of-an-alpha-male/&sa=U&ei=qvXMU7q5NMG9OYuzgfgC&ved=0CCAQFjAH&usg=AFQjCNFxCm-f0FAoe9QAgB_TM_axG7mzCw

njokusboy:

Nd how does all these things you mentioned exclude women... These are all tips which make males more attractive to other women... The term Alpha male is first of all used in relation to women...
Besides, someone who is an Alpha to his women may be a nobody where his mates are concerned.... You are tall, dark and handsome... You think your male friends care about that sh1t?
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
cococandy: Maybe it was too complex.

You can work on it

Lolzzz, Alpha males is first of all used in relation to a man and his woman... Go do your research... Check out all the qualities of alpha males, most are in relation to women...

You obviously do not know me, I am the first speaker in my clique, I am not the strongest, I am easily the smartest... Do I think am an alpha where my friends are concerned.... Hell no... Do they think so, hell no
In my circus, we are all equals, no one bends to the will of the other... But hey, where my woman/women is concerned, I am the Alpha..... I hold all the cards....
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by cococandy(f): 12:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
So do you agree with njoku that alpha male is one who can dominate women as agaisnt who's the bigger male in the group?

And is every man alpha male?
Yes or NO
pickabeau1:

Good you accept your usage of the term was not relevant to the context
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by cococandy(f): 12:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
Alpha male is first used in relation to a man and his woman?
grin
I give up.
So even in a group where another bigger male dominates every other animal,the beta males are also alpha because they dominate their women in the bedroom?
Land of laughs.
Like it or not,not all males are alpha.

njokusboy:

Lolzzz, Alpha males is first of all used in relation to a man and his woman... Go do your research... Check out all the qualities of alpha males, most are in relation to women...

You obviously do not know me, I am the first speaker in my clique, I am not the strongest, I am easily the smartest... Do I think am an alpha where my friends are concerned.... Hell no... Do they think so, hell no
In my circus, we are all equals, no one bends to the will of the other... But hey, where my woman/women is concerned, I am the Alpha..... I hold all the cards....

3 Likes

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 21, 2014
cococandy: You can't be alpha male because you subdue your woman. Or dominate her as you put it.
You can only be alpha if you're bigger than other men in all the ways possible.
Stop being angry about that.
It's nature.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.traitsofthealphamale.com/77/25-traits-of-an-alpha-male/&sa=U&ei=qvXMU7q5NMG9OYuzgfgC&ved=0CCAQFjAH&usg=AFQjCNFxCm-f0FAoe9QAgB_TM_axG7mzCw

Lolzzz, no man is bigger than his peers in all ways possible.... I belong to a group of egoistic, thoroughbred go getters.... I am not bigger than they... I can't impose my will on them neither can they do same to me...
Your attempt to belittle me is too shallow... You may wish to try harder.... I am only an Alpha to those under my control....
First of all, admit an alpha male leads his unit... And dat unit includes his wife... When they say a lion is an Alpha, does it concern the entire jungle or just his pride.....

1 Like

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by pickabeau1: 12:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
cococandy: So do you agree with njoku that alpha male is one who can dominate women as agaisnt who's the bigger male in the group?

And is every man alpha male?
Yes or NO

As i noted earlier, the context was the problem which has led to this roundabout discussion

The term alpha male came from wolves or social animals where all the animals defer to one male

It could be linked to females as he has most of the ladies wanting to be around him but its actually more of leadership both among men and women.

Applications are to be found in the work place where u see that guy who is destined to be the manager etc

Not so sure in the domestic setting..

This will have worked many years ago.. but not so much now as human groupings are not as large

Also are u saying a short man cant be an alpha male
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by pickabeau1: 12:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
Alpha males can be found in a grouping of all males

That there is none u can relate todoes not mean it does not exist

However the issue here is the context which cococandy brought up...

njokusboy:

Lolzzz, no man is bigger than his peers in all ways possible.... I belong to a group of egoistic, thoroughbred go getters.... I am not bigger than they... I can't impose my will on them neither can they do same to me...
Your attempt to belittle me is too shallow... You may wish to try harder.... I am only an Alpha to those under my control....
First of all, admit an alpha male leads his unit... And dat unit includes his wife... When they say a lion is an Alpha, does it concern the entire jungle or just his pride.....
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
not my biz, if them like make dem hypocrisy themselves dia. when old age come, and akamu don soar, their eyes go open grin.

There is nothing wrong in falling in love. its an amazing experience that is necessary for one to pass through in this life. If it doesnt work, fall in love again, keep trying. Love is a beautiful thing.

Shout out to old single papas in the house.
I dey greet. smiley grin

3 Likes

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by cococandy(f): 12:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
And while we are on the topic of alphas,females can also be alphas depending on the species of organism in question.
But we are talking about male humans here.
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Greyworld: 12:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
well if yu are LUCKY 2 meet d gal dat drinks garri wif yu 2day wif anticipation of a beta 2morow den don't let her go.

Min while i tink its only natural for men and women 2 act d way dey do. Women naturally have higher threshold for emotional pain although yu see them weep most tyms but i stil trust d typical African Woman in handling certain tins... Just ma opinion anyway.

1 Like

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by cococandy(f): 12:31pm On Jul 21, 2014
A short man definitely can.
If anything I notice they are usually more aggressive(maybe to make up for what they lack in height)

That was in response to appolonius' post stating that looks aren't so important in what defines alpha traits.
For human females,look are inclusive in the whole package even though it doesn't take a top spot seeing as we are in a monetized world now.
pickabeau1:

As i noted earlier, the context was the problem which has led to this roundabout discussion

The term alpha male came from wolves or social animals where all the animals defer to one male

It could be linked to females as he has most of the ladies wanting to be around him but its actually more of leadership both among men and women.

Applications are to be found in the work place where u see that guy who is destined to be the manager etc

Not so sure in the domestic setting..

This will have worked many years ago.. but not so much now as human groupings are not as large

Also are u saying a short man cant be an alpha male
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by ProfGday(m): 12:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
Another woman wrapper has written long irrelevant epistle again.
You should ask ur kinsmen how many ladies out there are trust-worthy to take home to mama? B4 blaming men folks.

2 Likes

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by cococandy(f): 12:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
Chillisauce: not my biz, if them like make dem hypocrisy themselves dia. when old age come, and akamu don soar, there eyes go open grin.

Shout out to old single papas in the house.
I dey greet. smiley grin
After playing with their youth cheesy

1 Like

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 21, 2014
cococandy: Alpha male is first used in relation to a man and his woman?
grin
I give up.
So even in a group where another bigger male dominates every other animal,the beta males are also alpha because they dominate their women in the bedroom?
Land of laughs.
Like it or not,not all males are alpha.

My friend go and sleep, I never said all men are Alphas, I said a man who controls his home is an alpha as far as his home is concerned... Check one of my post, I also said if a woman dominates the home, than the man is no alpha....
It was you who said an alpha male is only in relation to other males and has nothing to do with women......
The first use of alpha males is in relation to a pack of wolves which is usually headed by the father.... Nd he can be overthrowned....

1 Like

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
pickabeau1: Alpha males can be found in a grouping of all males

That there is none u can relate todoes not mean it does not exist

However the issue here is the context which cococandy brought up...

An Alpha is wholly accepted as the leader... Nd leadership change in male groups.... Dat I am the chairman in my commitee of friends doesn't make me an Alpha among them.... Its only a matter of time before someone else take over.. Men are egoistic beings.... No man allows another lord over him.... You cannot be an ALPHA among ur peers... Except you relate with people that are fundamentally beneath you... Maybe only ur subordinates....
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
cococandy: A short man definitely can.
If anything I notice they are usually more aggressive(maybe to make up for what they lack in height)

That was in response to appolonius' post stating that looks aren't so important in what defines alpha traits.
For human females,look are inclusive in the whole package even though it doesn't take a top spot seeing as we are in a monetized world now.

Wait a second.... Let us understand ourself.... Isn't the bone of contention ur claim that Alphas is the dominant male among all the males as against the entire pack?
Is dat not what you said?
Note a female can also be an alpha even among males.. Shey u know ba?
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by pickabeau1: 12:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
cococandy: A short man definitely can.

You were the one who raised the issue of alpha male
Has no bearing to the topic which deals with men who dont want to commit
Money makes the world go round

njokusboy:
An Alpha is wholly accepted as the leader... Nd leadership change in male groups.... Dat I am the chairman in my commitee of friends doesn't make me an Alpha among them.... Its only a matter of time before someone else take over.. Men are egoistic beings.... No man allows another lord over him.... You cannot be an ALPHA among ur peers... Except you relate with people that are fundamentally beneath you... Maybe only ur subordinates....

And yes the concept exists.. very well
That you are in a group where there is no such does not mean it does not exist.. has nothing to do with relating with people below you..

Steve Jobs worked with millionaires and billionaires and yet was one,,

Broaden your horizons..
LEts leave it at that...

shes right.. alpha females exist

1 Like

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by artboll(m): 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
I think @MrWaters should go date a girl,love her,treat her right,maybe marry her,& if he ever gets saved from the HELL "women on top" would raise,he'd understand why wise men always have to be "in charge".I think @MrWaters should go date a girl,love her,treat her right,maybe marry her,& if he ever gets saved from the HELL "women on top" would raise,he'd understand why wise men always have to be "in charge".I think @MrWaters should go date a girl,love her,treat her right,maybe marry her,& if he ever gets saved from the HELL "women on top" would raise,he'd understand why wise men always have to be "in charge".
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by IMMUNO1(m): 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
You are here talking about male hypocrisy while 3 women out there are busy with babalowo over one man. Tell me something else.

2 Likes

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
cococandy:
After playing with their youth cheesy

cheesy cheesy.
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by pickabeau1: 12:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
IMMUNO1: You are here talking about male hypocrisy while 3 women out there are busy with babalowo over one man. Tell me something else.

PICS or ADONBILVIT!
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
pickabeau1:

You were the one who raised the issue of alpha male
Has no bearing to the topic which deals with men who dont want to commit
Money makes the world go round

And yes the concept exists.. very well
That you are in a group where there is no such does not mean it does not exist.. has nothing to do with relating with people below you..

Steve Jobs worked with millionaires and billionaires and yet was one,,

Broaden your horizons..
LEts leave it at that...

shes right.. alpha females exist

Steve jobs worked with millionaires and was among the front runners... Does dat make him an Alpha among them?? How then was he ousted.... The position of an Alpha is unquestionable, most times the younger one would have to find their own pack cos theycan never be Alphas in their fathers pack... Its mostly used in the family unit where a man leads..
A son would have to establish his family to lead..
Hence you can't be an Alpha in a male group if the males are all your peers.... There can't be two Alpha, your position is determined by those in the group, they can remove you and appoint someone else... Does that make you an alpha? Hell no.... The leader of an organisation is not the Alpha except he owns the organisation exclusively....
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
I dey come make I charge my phone
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by officerfudo: 1:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
tongue,for us men it is better safe than sorry
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by pickabeau1: 1:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
njokusboy:

Steve jobs worked with millionaires and was among the front runners... Does dat make him an Alpha among them?? How then was he ousted.... The position of an Alpha is unquestionable, most times the younger one would have to find their own pack cos theycan never be Alphas in their fathers pack... Its mostly used in the family unit where a man leads..
A son would have to establish his family to lead..
Hence you can't be an Alpha in a male group, there can't be two Alpha, your position is determined by those in the group, they can remove you and appoint someone else... Does that make you an alpha? Hell no.... The leader of an organisation is not the Alpha except he owns the organisation exclusively....

Steve Jobs was not among the front runners.. He was THE frontrunner
He was ousted because of control issues with the Chairman yet he was the same person who made Apple tick when he came back
They deferred to him

Implicit in your thinking is that leadership is always a function of position. This is a flawed premise
at times the leader of a group is not necessarily the highest placed

Lets leave it at that...
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by IMMUNO1(m): 1:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
pickabeau1:

PICS or ADONBILVIT!
8-)
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
pickabeau1:

He was ousted because of control issues with the Chairman yet he was the same person who made Apple tick when he came back
They deferred to him

Lets leave it at that...

Lemme quote the modified one...
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
pickabeau1:

They deferred to him

Implicit in your thinking is that leadership is always a function of position. This is a flawed premise
at times the leader of a group is not necessarily the highest placed

Lets leave it at that...

Bros, you said, there is an Alpha in most male groups and dat includes peers... I said it is a BIG lie.... I belong to several male groups and there is no Alpha among us... I can say I am an Alpha because I head my home, I head my organisation... I am the king of my own zone... An alpha is only the leader of his unit and.... But among my peers, we are equals... I don't control them... They don't control me...
Back to steve jobs, steve jobs was one among several share holders in apple.... He is not an Alpha, he is only one of several leaders...
Dat they could fire him and bring him back as they choose points to dat...
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by pickabeau1: 1:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
ok..

njokusboy:

Bros, you said, there is an Alpha in most male groups and dat includes peers... I said it is a BIG lie.... I belong to several male groups and there is no Alpha among us... I can say I am an Alpha because I head my home, I head my organisation... I am the king of my own zone... An alpha is only the leader of his unit and.... But among my peers, we are equals... I don't control them... They don't control me...
Back to steve jobs, steve jobs was one among several share holders in apple.... He is not an Alpha, he is only one of several leaders...
Dat they could fire him and bring him back as they choose points to dat...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Today Is Children's Day: Say Something To The Kids / Nigerian Lady Teaching Her Grandparents Some Dance Moves Is The Most Hilarious / Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.