Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,851 members, 7,820,965 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men (15814 Views)

The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men / Shameful Photos Of Men And Women Caught Having Sexxx (photos) / The Hypocrisy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by apolonius(m): 4:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
shaybebaby:
Congratulations to you and your wife to be. She is one blessed person and I wish you every fortune, happiness and plenty of off springs. Your owe the world more mini- versions of you.
E pain me sha that I just returned from naija, otherwise I would gate crashed to come and chop rice, dance and celebrate with you.

Thanks. We sure have many years ahead to cross paths. Someday,somewhere and somehow we shall see and share joys.

1 Like

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 21, 2014
shaybebaby:
Then you most certainly are NOT an alpha male especially in your crib. An alpha male leads the pack of his kind, alpha- amongst other males not alpha- amongst females, geddit?

U need to do some readings though....
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
shaybebaby:
You just did ya know! Me that was expending energy doing housework as well as perusing NL. It's called multitasking and that is something only an alpha- female would understand cool.
But... First sensible thing you have said on this thread, the not engaging!

Lolzzzz, shayebebaby, go and continue doing housework... Stop insulting people... Am in one of those good moods....
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by shaybebaby(f): 4:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
njokusboy:

U need to do some readings though....
No I don't, not on your definition of alpha male.
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by shaybebaby(f): 4:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
njokusboy:

Lolzzzz, shayebebaby, go and continue doing housework... Stop insulting people... Am in one of those good moods....
Ok!* goes off to scrub bathroom*
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by apolonius(m): 4:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
Interesting piece,my response to some of the issues raised:

-he does not need to marry if it is for the sole reason of keeping his friends from raiding his quietude with their constant presence.

-more importantly,from my experience and all I know about men,the reason why a man with all it takes to marry won't marry is this: he wants to have his cake and eat it!

Many men who have all it takes to marry are staying as reckless and irresponsible bachelors.Yes,because for very many of them women are 'pleasure warriors' to be conquered.

-the whole ideals of the spouse/bride we want to fall in love with are delusions. Rarely does a man come with the complete package a woman wants and vice versa. The key and choice to the issue of marital dreams is to carefully watch out and fall in love with someone that tick the essential points and find fulfillment in it.

By the way,why do we take years preparing and searching for jobs and can't even make modest efforts to find the one we truly and happily can love?We just have to learn as men that you don't walk around for love,you work vigilantly for it!

6 Likes

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by shaybebaby(f): 4:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
apolonius: Interesting piece,my response to some of the issues raised:

-he does not need to marry if it is for the sole reason of keeping his friends from raiding his quietude with their constant presence.

-more importantly,from my experience and all I know about men,the reason why a man with all it takes to marry won't marry is this: he wants to have his cake and eat it!

Many men who have all it takes to marry are staying as reckless and irresponsible bachelors.Yes,because for very many of them women are 'pleasure warriors' to be conquered.

-the whole ideals of the spouse/bride we want to fall in love with are delusions. Rarely does a man come with the complete package a woman wants and vice versa. The key and choice to the issue of marital dreams is to carefully watch out and fall in love with someone that tick the essential points and find fulfillment in it.

By the way,why do we take years preparing and searching for jobs and can't even make modest efforts to find the one we truly and happily can love?We just have to learn as men that you don't walk around for love,you work vigilantly for it!

cry cry.. Beautiful, just beautiful! Mama and papa apolonius, una do well oooooo!
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by apolonius(m): 4:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
shaybebaby:

cry cry.. Beautiful, just beautiful! Mama and papa apolonius, una do well oooooo!

Thank you dear.smiley
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Ngokafor(f): 4:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
traware: A very nice pat on the back for you @apolonius.By the way,@Ngokafor since he is such 'a real/good man' why must he marry just a wife and not wives?Eh?Why should he limit himself to just one woman when there is always a steady stream of young,fresh faced women always available for men from age 18 to age 120?

....wives? ..no way!
..infact as the self-appointed 'guardian' of apolonius on this thread..i hereby decree that thoughts of multiple wives or polygamy shall not be his portion..Amen!!!..

..I want him to live long..hehe..

1 Like

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by apolonius(m): 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ngokafor:

....wives? ..no way!
..infact as the self-appointed 'guardian' of apolonius on this thread..i hereby decree that thoughts of multiple wives or polygamy shall not be his portion..Amen!!!..

..I want him to live long..hehe..

Amen,pearl Ngo.smiley
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Guidette(f): 5:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
njokusboy: Women, women.. Stop complaining.... Take the bull by the horn....
The relationship you just described is akin to a relationship between a man and his dog..
Alas, like most females, you blame everyone else but yourselves, instead of blaming women for being too needy and desperate, you blame the man for keeping them...
Was the woman bounded hands and foot?? A man cannot keep you against your will. This is why we consider you inferior, you blame us for all your woes, your life revolves around men....
Its no fault of ours, we hold all the cards, the ball is in our court, we woo the women, test drive them, pay or reject them... If you do not like it... Reverse the trend, WOO any man you like, bounce him if he doesn't satisfy you, go see his parents, marry him and bring him int ur home... STOP WAITING TO BE MARRIED, START MARRYING..
But then, we men were made Alpha, we are leaders of the pack, no sane man would subject himself to a womans jurisdiction.. We have standards...

Now imagine if a woman wrote what you are saying now on this thread. All of u nairaland 'alpha' males would have had her head. Women are a direct reflection of our society. You call us dumb and weak but isn't that what you want us to be? You don't want to be challenged by women, yet you say that all our problems are our fault because we are not strong willed. Is that not hypocrisy of the highest order? I am a strong woman and on many occasions i have been told that i wont get married because of my disposition by men. Now how will you blame this on me? I do not consider myself inferior, yet I am not marriageable. There isn't any pleasing you guys, is there?

4 Likes

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by pickabeau1: 5:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
Not related to this thread

I just checked your profile.. if u are theone there.. u are a pretty woman

Im finding it difficult to reconcile the image i have of u of an angry woman with that visage

Why would u think u are unmarriageable

Guidette:

Now imagine if a woman wrote what you are saying now on this thread. All of u nairaland 'alpha' males would have had her head. Women are a direct reflection of our society. You call us dumb and weak but isn't that what you want us to be? You don't want to be challenged by women, yet you say that all our problems are our fault because we are not strong willed. Is that not hypocrisy of the highest order? I am a strong woman and on many occasions i have been told that i wont get married because of my disposition by men. Now how will you blame this on me? I do not consider myself inferior, yet I am not marriageable. There isn't any pleasing you guys, is there?
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
Guidette:

Lolzzz, mama, no vex, I didn't say all those things... My reply was based on the 0ps write up...
Blame the Op
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Guidette(f): 5:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
pickabeau1: Not related to this thread

I just checked your profile.. if u are theone there.. u are a pretty woman

Im finding it difficult to reconcile the image i have of u of an angry woman with that visage

Why would u think u are unmarriageable

Actually marriage is the least of my problems ATM. I just want to finish med school, make money before settling down. And that might take 6 years from now. I don't think I am unmarriageable, it is what u NL men say when I argue on different posts. I wouldn't mind not getting married. But the way it is pushed on females heads like it is all I should live for is so irritating.

1 Like

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 21, 2014
Guidette:
Actually marriage is the least of my problems ATM. I just want to finish med school, make money before settling down. And that might take 6 years from now. I don't think I am unmarriageable, it is what u NL men say when I argue on different posts. I wouldn't mind not getting married. But the way it is pushed on females heads like it is all I should live for is so irritating.

You are not unmarriageable... You are in MED school, you want to make money That is an impressive cv.... If I can get a doc for a wife, I go happy... Abeg, nobody knows you here and nobody can determine whether you are marrigeable or not... U re a strong woman...

1 Like

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by pickabeau1: 5:44pm On Jul 21, 2014
Guidette:
Actually marriage is the least of my problems ATM. I[b] just want to finish med school, make money before settling down[/b]. And that might take 6 years from now. I don't think I am unmarriageable, it is what u NL men say when I argue on different posts. I wouldn't mind not getting married. But the way it is pushed on females heads like it is all I should live for is so irritating.

Firstly you should not take what some people say on this forum seriously as most of the posts are based on positions they will like to hold and not what the issue
A lot of people on some sections attack posters even without reading what the poster said

However before the tsunami, i remember I had some verbal jousting with you as I thought you came across as a lady who hated naija guys.
Maybe i was wrong.. maybe its just the way you came through with your points.

I think education and financial stability is key as more and more, marriages will become a union between matured adults and not the puppy love type you see around. So dont sweat it

Marriage is not the be-all and end-all. Thats the fact.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Guidette(f): 5:49pm On Jul 21, 2014
pickabeau1:

Firstly you should not take what some people say on this forum seriously as most of the posts are based on positions they will like to hold and not what the issue
A lot of people on some sections attack posters even without reading what the poster said

However before the tsunami, i remember I had some verbal jousting with you as I thought you came across as a lady who hated naija guys.
Maybe i was wrong.. maybe its just the way you came through with your points.

I think education and financial stability is key as more and more, marriages will become a union between matured adults and not the puppy love type you see around. So dont sweat it

Marriage is not the be-all and end-all. Thats the fact.

All the best

I do not hate Nigerian guys. Tbh, I would love to marry someone as close to my culture as possible. It is just the Nigerian mentality that gets to me. From both men and women. If I meet a man who has the same values as me and I love dearly, his race or nationality won't matter to me because it is irrelevant.
At least we agree on something. Today is a good day for me on NL. smiley
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by pickabeau1: 6:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
Guidette:
I do not hate Nigerian guys. Tbh, I would love to marry someone as close to my culture as possible. It is just the Nigerian mentality that gets to me. From both men and women. If I meet a man who has the same values as me and I love dearly, his race or nationality won't matter to me because it is irrelevant.
At least we agree on something. Today is a good day for me on NL. smiley

Well I like the culture too but at times life is short
If another culture provides it...its not so bad

My own is that infidelity is global so is spousal abuse or whatever peeps here like accusing us of.

Enjoy...
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by cococandy(f): 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2014
njokusboy:

Lolzzz, I never said all males are Alphas and you know it.... Atleast I never championed that course, my response to you clearly states that.... Abi no be me write am... I go quote am after this....

you said 'we men are born alpha and cannot be under the jursidiction of a woman'.
when I tried to tell you that not all men are alphas,you began to fret and here you are agreeing with me at last. It is well grin

Neither my first post or any other posts suggested that there are no female Alphas... Check my post again, I said, "if the woman runs the home, the male is no alpha"... Stop grasping at straws to score cheap points...

so since men can't be under the jurisdiction of a female according to you,who's the female alpha leading??

Your point was that alpha has nothing to do with women and an alpha is only dominant among males... And I told you, an alpha controls his unit, his unit includes his wife... So what is your point....

in simpler terms once more. What makes you alpha is that you superceed the other males available, then of course your leadership or dominance as we would put it in your unit(bedroom) won't be in question. But first, You can't be a weakling among men and then come home to claim alpha as if the comparison is between you and your wife.you can be the leader in your home no questions but it doesn't make you an alpha among other men.

No definition of alpha states that it is the dominant male in a group of males... An Alpha is the dominant male in his pack which consists of his wives and children.... A male is the Alpha in his home... An alpha is not the Top among men, he is the top in his unit.... A woman can also be an Alpha in a pack, does it mean, its only among the females.... Hell no....

since he's the dominant male in the pack the other males are definitely beneath him. Are they still alpha? Or they get the poor consolation of being alpha in the bedroom where their females are the only ones to contend with. Why are you shooting yourself in the foot. So there are two types of alphas? Those who are real alphas and those who try to use their women to shine in pseudo-alphahood cheesy .silly

What are you even talking about... You are veering off tangent... I don't understand "the shouting, the beating, and having what it takes to be the head".... Kindly elaborate...
I reiterate, An alpha as far as the human specie is concerned is one who handles his ShIT, is in charge of his home.... In my circus, I am an Alpha... Among my peers, I am only one of the hotheads... Am I an Alpha where they are concerned, no... We are all the same... When each goes to his home, he can become an Alpha....

lmao. Have it your way then. I can't believe something this simple is making you go round in circles
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by shaybebaby(f): 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
cococandy:

See weakling proclaiming alpha male. More like zeta in his case. Lmao!! grin grin
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
Why should I marry a woman because I have dated her for x number of years. Is that her "reward" for having dated me? And there are women getting moist by virtue of this faggit thread, and men talking all sorts of nonsense too?! Where are the balls of these so-called men? Do whatever because you want to not because that's what a woman wants or thinks she deserves. Women end relationships and break hearts on a daily basis without any jot of guilt, why should it be different for men? Do whatever the fvck you want gaddemit. Grow some balls.

2 Likes

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Cusan: 7:30pm On Jul 21, 2014
This is useless to me.!
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
cococandy:

Lolzzz, loretta oh.... Was all ur posts related to my first post alone?

I can't quote you like you did me, but you raised some funny points... I did say we men were made alpha males, dat was an offhand statement... When you said not all males were alpha males, did I argue I said all males were Alpha males in their own unit except the woman was the leader...
What a fraudulent way of looking at things, I didn't dwell on all those Sh1t you dug up from wikipedia about good looks, S'E'X. Appeal and other fvckery, did I? I corrected you and you cunningly said, maybe it was too ambiguous... As a sharp guy, I let you go... My point was already made....
Now u coming back to make it seem like I argued that every male was an Alpha is the height of deceit...
The main point of the argument thencefort was the opinion u dug out of ur a'r'se about Alpha males referring to only male relationships excluding women...

Dat other point which was still part of my first post said "most men" not all men, in dat case, the alpha female leads both the weakling/beta male and evry other person there... Stop trying to be smart....

You didn't simplify anything, do you know what a pack is... A pack of wolves is usually headed by the father, he is usually the Alpha, ofcourse, the other males which are invariably his sons are below him..other males can join the pack but they know it is his and don't question him.... If they wanna be Alphas, they gotta form their own pack... I related it to the family, a man is the alpha of his unit, his home.... A man is no Alpha among his peers... Only his subordinates.... So ur position that an Alpha is ahead of other men is null and void, an alpha rules only his pack... Simple...

Why don't you admit u goofed when you said an Alpha was only in reference to other males as against the entire pack and leave it at that...
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
Cusan: This is useless to me.!
Plain and simple!
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by troy20(m): 8:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
shaybebaby:
See weakling proclaiming alpha male. More like zeta in his case. Lmao!! grin grin
always too eager to let your tongue lose woman.calling someone a "weakling" and funny you describe yourself as an alpha female.whatever gave you that impression.you coudnt even just try a little to conceal the fallen values of your ilk in the argument.

2 Likes

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by shaybebaby(f): 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
troy20:
always too eager to let your tongue lose woman.calling someone a "weakling" and funny you describe yourself as an alpha female.whatever gave you that impression.you coudnt even just try a little to conceal the fallen value of your ilk in the argument.
Abeg teleport to another dimension and whilst you are at it, take a thesaurus with you and learn how to differentiate between lose and loose... Loser!
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
troy20:
always too eager to let your tongue lose woman.calling someone a "weakling" and funny you describe yourself as an alpha female.whatever gave you that impression.you coudnt even just try a little to conceal the fallen values of your ilk in the argument.

Lolzzz, dat young lady has been throwing jabs at me all day... I no sabi where she know me from.....
Free her,Two people no dey mad at the same time, when one person craze stop na there another person own dey start...
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by troy20(m): 8:40pm On Jul 21, 2014
njokusboy:

Lolzzz, dat young lady has been throwing jabs at me all day... I no sabi where she know me from.....
Free her,Two people no dey mad at the same time, when one person craze stop na there another person own dey start...
I realy tire.all d misandrist wey de nairaland.this one own bad sha.she no de even fit hide am for all her comment.e b like say her rank climb wel wel.

1 Like

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by shaybebaby(f): 10:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
troy20:
I realy tire.all d misandrist wey de nairaland.this one own bad sha.she no de even fit hide am for all her comment.e b like say her rank climb wel wel.
Ball bag!
Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by troy20(m): 3:18am On Jul 22, 2014
shaybebaby:
Ball bag!
really? i get it.call me all the filth you want but you cant stick a knife through me on nairaland.try to hide a little bit the shit you are full off ma'm.for someone full of male curse slang, you really seem not to know what you are do you, it even saddens me when you live with a husband and a son.

2 Likes

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by 5minsmadness: 3:21am On Jul 22, 2014
troy20:
really? i get it.call me all the filth you want but you cant stick a knife through me on nairaland.try to hide a little bit the shit you are full off ma'm.for someone full of male curse slang, you really seem not to know what you are do you, it even saddens me when you live with a husband and a son.
Some of them are just looking for where they can make mouth. In their homes they dare not behave like this.

1 Like

Re: Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men by 5minsmadness: 3:29am On Jul 22, 2014
Its obvious Mrwaters is either female or gay anyway.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Today Is Children's Day: Say Something To The Kids / 3D Wall Panel @4500 per square meter / Nigerian Lady Teaching Her Grandparents Some Dance Moves Is The Most Hilarious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.