Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today (32139 Views)

FRSC Officials Return N27M Recovered After Deaths Of 8 Edo Indigenes. PICS / a / Lady Stikes A Pose As Airport Officials In Lagos Stare - .Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 10, 2016
The man sef angry
Just follow them quietly na wahala.
He just wanted to create a scene.
None of the police.men said he's a criminal, he's screaming he's not a criminal.
Senseless stubborn act...smhhh.
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 10, 2016
justwise:

I'm sorry but i don't see the point you are trying to make in this case, ttmacoy is right.

Whether that Nigerian is innocent or not does not matter, don't resist an arrest simple.

The police will definitely tell you why they are arresting you and then say: "I am arresting you for [They crime they committed ].
You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence. Do you understand?

That Nigerian was just being typical Nigerian trying to play race card

Spot on. He deserved to be treated the way he was.
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by justwise(m): 5:49pm On Mar 10, 2016
Siena:

Spot on. He deserved to be treated the way he was.

Boss nice to see you in this section again after how many years of leave of absence? grin grin
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 10, 2016
justwise:

Boss nice to see you in this section again after how many years of leave of absence? grin grin

Mr J, I trust you and the family are doing great. You're doing a great job here too. wink
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
MIPNIG:
Come back brother... In Nigeria you can't be treated like this.
you funny o. no be here dem de matchet ppl anyhow, straw bullet, gun down by police and army,brutalise because you compliment female soldier?

1 Like

Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by justwise(m): 6:03pm On Mar 10, 2016
Siena:

Mr J, I trust you and the family are doing great. You're doing a great job here too. wink

Thanks bro, I'm trying.

1 Like

Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by stevedre: 6:05pm On Mar 10, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin
IYANGBALI:
That is why I always advice people to always carry African jazz for body. Beat me and drop dead
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by ManTiger(m): 6:13pm On Mar 10, 2016
That's a subway. Most likely the man boarded for free to that destination and was arrested.

What he could have done. Smartly submit to them even when he hasn't done anything obvious.

He though this is Naija where you can be shouting at police to attract people's sympathy and probably be released when one chief/old men come to your air cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 10, 2016
AjayiWrites:
The UK police today maltreated a Nigerian citizen, though the reason was not unknown, but the police was caught hitting and slapping him while the man was saying why are you hitting me, I am not a criminal...

Please watch and share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J50l7STb1hM

lolz...d man is funny tho...he's not a criminal when his president personally went to London to inform that all nigerians are criminals...Is he not a Nigerian? abi is he a Biafran?
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 10, 2016
wen u refuse to obey d police. does his country matters? if na naija dem go run mouth
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by MadamT(f): 6:42pm On Mar 10, 2016
The British Transport Police issued statement over the incident.

http://www.itv.com/news/london/2016-03-10/police-issue-statement-over-officer-hitting-man-with-baton-at-st-pancras-station/

IMO, statement did not address hitting the man with a baton. But I'm sure all will be thoroughly looked at in due course.
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by spiralwedge(m): 6:48pm On Mar 10, 2016
NaijaSecForce:
What did he do before we comment?

He didn't buy train ticket. Usually you pay a fine and if you don't have the fine on the spot, they get your details and send you a bill and add you to transport law offenders. They can also sue you to a special court. If you are a foreigner, you can be deported especially if you have issues with your papers.
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by justwise(m): 6:58pm On Mar 10, 2016
MadamT:

http://www.itv.com/news/london/2016-03-10/police-issue-statement-over-officer-hitting-man-with-baton-at-st-pancras-station/

IMO, statement did not address hitting the man with a baton. But I'm sure all will be thoroughly looked at in due course.

As many suspected here he dodged paying for train ticket but had the gut to say he is not a criminal and resisting an arrest.

Of course you are a criminal bruv.
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by Rhemmymatician(m): 7:01pm On Mar 10, 2016
Elzends:
Have you blamed Buhari 2day?
Are you asking the folks that don't have light? Or you are asking those that can't access Fuel to power their generators, OH! Perhaps us the Shifted that were murdered you directed the question at, or the people of Agatu, or the parents that will watch their children drop out or miss a year (Buhari isn't included, has he pays his children's school fees with manna from heaven)
GTFOH
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by UKBobo(m): 7:01pm On Mar 10, 2016
Strong broda. Oyibo use stick like it was made from bubble wrap.

He don forget fufu make african limb thick like iroko.

He asked a good question, "Why do they want him on the floor?"

Dem no fit answer. I know....Na Jimmy Saville wahala dem wan carry!
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by erico2k2(m): 7:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
justwise:

You are wrong, police do if you resist an arrest.
They dont.if you have done management of violence and aggression yoy wo t say that.the police are trained to use restraining tactics. None of them involve the use of a weapon unless the suspect is percieved to be violent. They can grab him. Hold his hands backwards put him on floor and handcuff him then get him up..
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by erico2k2(m): 7:22pm On Mar 10, 2016
justwise:

As many suspected here he dodged paying for train ticket but had the gut to say he is not a criminal and resisting an arrest.

Of course you are a criminal bruv.
Let's be objective. Is fare dodging a criminal offence?bro u of all person should know this or yoy just joking?
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 10, 2016
erico2k2:

Let's be objective. Is fare dodging a criminal offence?bro u of all person should know this or yoy just joking?

Bro, fare dodging IS a criminal offense. You can earn a criminal record for fare dodging, there are posters all round train stations, on trains AND buses.
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by erico2k2(m): 7:33pm On Mar 10, 2016
Siena:

Bro, fare dodging IS a criminal offense. You can earn a criminal record for fare dodging, there are posters all round train stations, on trains AND buses.
Agreed but on specifics ie forgery. Using someone else's pass etc.I understand what U saying bro, but sometimes the PCs are a wee bit heavy handed.
I wrk with dem day in day out .u need to see and hear what they come out with.
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by Daresh(f): 7:35pm On Mar 10, 2016
The guy is clearly refusing arrest, that is in itself a crime. They can use force to subdue him. He's lucky he's not in the US or by now e for dey 6 feet under.
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by stonecoldcafe: 7:36pm On Mar 10, 2016
MIPNIG:
Come back brother... In Nigeria you can't be treated like this.

LIAR!
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by justwise(m): 7:36pm On Mar 10, 2016
erico2k2:

Prosecution for fare evasion

The Railway Byelaws make it an offence to travel without holding a valid ticket and being able to show it on request. A breach of this byelaw is punishable in law and, if found guilty, you would be subject at present to a fine of up to £1000.

An operator can also prosecute for ‘intent to avoid a rail fare’ under the Regulation of Railways Act 1889, s.5 (3) and you may be fined or sentenced to imprisonment for up to three months. Transport Focus may be able to help or advise you if you have received a court summons. However, we recommend you also seek legal advice if you are being prosecuted

The industry introduced in May 2013 a Code of Practice on dealing with passengers who either have no ticket at all or whose ticket is invalid.

http://www.transportfocus.org.uk/faqs/ticket-inspection-penalties/what-can-happen-if-i-am-on-a-train-without-a-valid-ticket
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 10, 2016
erico2k2:

They dont.if you have done management of violence and aggression yoy wo t say that.the police are trained to use restraining tactics. None of them involve the use of a weapon unless the suspect is percieved to be violent. They can grab him. Hold his hands backwards put him on floor and handcuff him then get him up..

Eric, this guy was resisting and struggling enough to break his own arms. The police officers DID try getting him on the ground to cuff him. He was flailing his arms, and that becomes threatening.

All he had to do was comply. If he had at least paid for his ticket, accepted he was wrong since he failed to purchase a valid ticket, or pleaded, things would not have escalated the way they did. He IS a criminal, and was thus treated as one.
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by justwise(m): 7:40pm On Mar 10, 2016
erico2k2:

Even with all the evidences posted here and online you are still arguing about this? Bro you need to refresh your browser because I don't know where you get your material from
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 10, 2016
erico2k2:

Agreed but on specifics ie forgery. Using someone else's pass etc.I understand what U saying bro, but sometimes the PCs are a wee bit heavy handed.
I wrk with dem day in day out .u need to see and hear what they come out with.

The term "criminal" is pretty broad, and covers a multitude of offenses. If you are prosecuted for ANY criminal act, you COULD end up with a criminal record. The only aspect that is weighed upon the gravity, is the sentence handed down.
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by erico2k2(m): 7:53pm On Mar 10, 2016
justwise:

Prosecution for fare evasion

The Railway Byelaws make it an offence to travel without holding a valid ticket and being able to show it on request. A breach of this byelaw is punishable in law and, if found guilty, you would be subject at present to a fine of up to £1000.

An operator can also prosecute for ‘intent to avoid a rail fare’ under the Regulation of Railways Act 1889, s.5 (3) and you may be fined or sentenced to imprisonment for up to three months. Transport Focus may be able to help or advise you if you have received a court summons. However, we recommend you also seek legal advice if you are being prosecuted

The industry introduced in May 2013 a Code of Practice on dealing with passengers who either have no ticket at all or whose ticket is invalid.

http://www.transportfocus.org.uk/faqs/ticket-inspection-penalties/what-can-happen-if-i-am-on-a-train-without-a-valid-ticket

I get that but re read what yoy posted there must be an intent to avoid paying
Ie using freedom paSS. Jumping the gates.using someone else's ticket all these are pre meditated.if yoy look at the last paragraph that's what the narrative says.It's a civil law and death as such u till it could be proven that you deliberately dodged the fair.
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by erico2k2(m): 7:55pm On Mar 10, 2016
Siena:

The term "criminal" is pretty broad, and covers a multitude of offenses. If you are prosecuted for ANY criminal act, you COULD end up with a criminal record. The only aspect that is weighed upon the gravity, is the sentence handed down.
Yeh bro I get that bit.the only way they will prosecute is if you
1 fail to pay the fine
2 deliberately avoid paying for travel.
This is the reason ticket inspectors are not police.
Same way we havee CEO on street.no parking offence is criminal except the last code.
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by erico2k2(m): 8:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
justwise:

Even with all the evidences posted here and online you are still arguing about this? Bro you need to refresh your browser because I don't know where you get your material from
An operator can also prosecute for ‘intent to avoid a rail fare’ under the Regulation of Railways Act 1889, s.5 (3) and you may be fined or sentenced to imprisonment for up to three months.

Check it says *Intent to avoid a rail fair*
This is the only situation when it becomes criminal.
The narrative in this is traveling pre meditated not to pay .mayB with dodgy pass.freedom pass frm ur Dad etc.
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by Excuzeme: 8:54pm On Mar 10, 2016
ttmacoy:
Really, there are escalation levels for getting handcuffed? Really?

There are escalation levels for dealing with different levels of suspects I agree [/b]e.g. if the suspect is armed more force will be used, but it is basic for suspects to be handcuffed to protect both the police and the suspect. [b]The police do not have to handcuff a suspect, but they are within their rights to do so based on their judgement and will not negotiate with you on not being handcuffed simply based on please don't handcuff me I will follow you.

We do not know what transpired before the video started so we are speculating about the cause but if the police have reason to arrest you and want to handcuff you do not really have the right to say no. the procedure is you obey, follow them to the station, give your statement, you have the right to call a lawyer and defend yourself.

Thanks for the insult btw, shows you can conduct a mature conversation doesn't it?

Just read what you wrote and how you keep contradicting yourself......... just to argue for argument sake!
Re: UK Officials Manhandle A Nigerian Today by Excuzeme: 9:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
MadamT:

Ofcourse, that never happened, he was "resisting arrest"! ...unfortunately, we live in an era of 'phone-to-video'. undecided

Officers attended the station following reports from staff of fare evasion, and a man, aged 40 and from Thamesmead, London was subsequently[b] arrested[/b] on suspicion of fare evasion and two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm (ABH).

The man has since been bailed to Sunday, 13 March pending further enquiries.

We all saw the Video and we know he never touched the officers....yet he is being charged for Assault and occasioning bodily harm (to the officers!)

See, it sis not only Naija Police that can lie, British Police sef too lie against darky people!

He just needs to get a good Lawyer and counter-sue them so that both cases are heard simultaneously
Video evidence is there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians In Czech Republic How Life / FRSC Officers Cause Accident In Ibadan, 3 Dead (Photos) / 10 Features Of Akwa Ibom New International Airport Terminal Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.