Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? (38611 Views)

12 Ways To Make Up With Your Girlfriend And Show Her You Truly Care / 10 Commandments Every Girlfriend And Wife Need To Follow During The World Cup / Nigerian Men Are Hardworking, Respectful And Don't Cheat' - Ghanaian Lady Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Rexhenrex(m): 9:12am On Mar 12, 2016
just came across this on f.b this morning whats your take?? I don't care what name anyone might wanna call me but I strongly support the notion of this quote below .

if you indeed love someone at least you spending on them shouldn't be a problem no matter how small.some men even find it difficult spending on there wife's or fiance some guys its a taboo to give their girl friens money or buy her a gift truth has to be told.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 12, 2016
Three ways a man shows he loves a woman: he provides, protects and professes- Steve Harvey

The bolded says it all

*modified*
I won't dignify your quoting me with a response especially if you don't have anything meaningful to say. I'm not dating you and I most likely never will, so save your breath or in this case your epistle undecided undecided

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by firstking01(m): 9:28am On Mar 12, 2016
Rexhenrex:
just came across this on f.b this morning whats your take?? I don't care what name anyone might wanna call me but I strongly support the notion of this quote below .

if you indeed love someone at least you spending on them shouldn't be a problem no matter how small.some men even find it difficult spending on there wife's or fiance some guys its a taboo to give their girl friens money or buy her a gift truth has to be told.

cc:ebubey
farano
lalasticlala
me, i dnt have a problem spending on her, but let her be contented with the lil i give her and be loyal, point and blankundecided

136 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Mjshexy(f): 9:30am On Mar 12, 2016
Yes no matter hw poor u are, there is always something little u can do to put a smile on her face to compliment her beauty even if she is the one providing for the guy, it helps build your love life together. Some women won't even want the guy to spend a dime on her but he can always pull a surprise on her, she will ever appreciate him for that, not all women re money freaked... wink

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by myfantasies(f): 9:31am On Mar 12, 2016
Waiting for the female bashers to come nd bash dis thread
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 12, 2016
There's nothing wrong with spending on someone you love. The number one prove of love is giving. It's not limited to money alone though. It could be so many other non-material things and of course material gifts. The popular John 3:16 says: for God so loved the world that he gave. Love isn't selfish. Love actually considers the other person before himself.

The only problem here is that many ladies out there sees it as an obligation for any guy intending to date them or dating them. This is outright BS! It's not an unknown fact that some girls out there require their men to pay virtually all her bills. When spendings in relationships becomes something that you're coerced or 'required' to do, please cut it. It should flow willfully.

By the way, why is the emphasis on men spending in a relationship? Isn't the woman supposed to also 'spend' on the man as a sign of love?

Suigeneris93:
Three ways a man shows he loves a woman: he provides, protects and professes- Steve Harvey
The bolded says it all
Why is your emphasis on provides?
A man is only obliged to provide for his family. The best he can do for a girlfriend is to support when necessary.

142 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by myfantasies(f): 9:33am On Mar 12, 2016
Mjshexy:
Yes no matter hw poor u are, there is always something little u can do to put a smile on her face to compliment her beauty even if she is the one providing for the guy, it helps build your love life together. Some women won't even want the guy to spend a dime on her but he can always pull a surprise on her, she will ever appreciate him for that, not all women re money freaked... wink
For dese words u deserve a kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

9 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Rexhenrex(m): 9:38am On Mar 12, 2016
Suigeneris93:

The bolded says it all
yes but ladies should also learn to appreciate tho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Mjshexy(f): 9:39am On Mar 12, 2016
myfantasies:
For dese words u deserve a kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Thanks luv, u deserve more kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by ThuGnificenX: 9:40am On Mar 12, 2016
Suigeneris93:

The bolded says it all
Gold plated digger alert undecided

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by ThuGnificenX: 9:44am On Mar 12, 2016
NewSheriff:
There's nothing wrong with spending on someone you love. The number one prove of love is giving. It's not limited to money alone though. It could be so many other non-material things and of course material gifts. The popular John 3:16 says: for God so loved the world that he gave. Love isn't selfish. Love actually considers the other person before himself.

The only problem here is that many ladies out there sees it as an obligation for any guy intending to date them or dating them. This is outright BS! It's not an unknown fact that some girls out there require their men to pay virtually all her bills. When spendings in relationships becomes something that you're coerced or 'required' to do, please cut it. It should flow willfully.

By the way, why is the emphasis on men spending in a relationship? Isn't the woman supposed to also 'spend' on the man as a sign of love?

A man is only obliged to provide for his family. The best he can do for a girlfriend is to support when necessary.
Providing is not even the problem, the problem is that they don't appreciate, they make it look like a mandatory course that you must do
Every month.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Rexhenrex(m): 9:47am On Mar 12, 2016
firstking01:
me, i dnt have a problem spending on her, but let her be contented with the lil i give her and be loyal, point and blankundecided
that's nice
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 12, 2016
NewSheriff:

I'm not in the mood to type epistles, I was only agreeing with the op and if you're stylishly trying to correct what you feel is my blunder, check well I wrote he provides
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Dojupyo(f): 9:50am On Mar 12, 2016
No doubt, guys should spend for their babes.. But the ladies shouldn't be too demanding, she could also do some little (legal) things to make her own money

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by donbenedict(m): 9:51am On Mar 12, 2016
Rexhenrex:
thank u so much for this...

When a lady has ten mugus spendin on her, she will feel like a mammy water... and feel like it's nothing...

But someone who appreciates things Done for dem, much more will be given to dem

3 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Rexhenrex(m): 9:51am On Mar 12, 2016
ThuGnificenX:

Providing is not even the problem, the problem is that they don't appreciate, they make it look like a mandatory course that you must do
Every month.
it seems u are speaking from experience haha

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by donbenedict(m): 9:52am On Mar 12, 2016
Dojupyo:
No doubt, guys should spend for their babes.. But the ladies shouldn't be too demanding, she could also do some little (legal) things to make her own money
another beautiful comment from a lady.. I like it wen ladies comment wit wisdom.. it show there are sensible women out there

16 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by ThuGnificenX: 9:54am On Mar 12, 2016
Rexhenrex:
it seems u are speaking from experience haha
This females no longer want to do anything reasonable with their time.
Most of them see dating as a career path, put all their burdens on one innocent guy and make him pay from his nose.
Alas all they have to offer is their body!
Karashika...

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Rexhenrex(m): 9:56am On Mar 12, 2016
donbenedict:
thank u so much for this...

When a lady has ten mugus spendin on her, she will feel like a mammy water... and feel like it's nothing...

But someone who appreciates things Done for dem, much more will be given to dem
u are right about that when u appreciate little it makes one to strive to do more
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 12, 2016
ThuGnificenX:

Every month.
I repeat, a man is only obliged to provide for his family, he can only support his girlfriend when necessary. A man has no business been responsible for a girlfriend's basic and secondary needs. Except on few occasions where the lady in question is actually helpless. It's only right to come in and help in the best way you can.

Why should a lady make it mandatory to spend on her monthly like you said? To worsen it, doesn't appreciate your effort. Abeg dey date better people. There are many nice girls out there that'll make you think gold diggers exists only in the mouth of nairalanders. cheesy

34 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 12, 2016
Rexhenrex:

The last time I checked, I'm one lady can't speak for the rest undecided
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by ThuGnificenX: 9:59am On Mar 12, 2016
NewSheriff:
I repeat, a man is only obliged to provide for his family, he can only support his girlfriend when necessary. A man has no business been responsible for a girlfriend's basic and secondary needs. Except on few occasions where the lady in question is actually helpless. It's only right to come in and help in the best way you can.

Why should a lady make it mandatory to spend on her monthly like you said? To worsen it, doesn't appreciate your effort. Abeg dey date better people. There are many nice girls out there that'll make you think gold diggers exists only in the mouth of nairalanders. cheesy
You can't tell...
Their forehead is not engraved with *gold diggrr*
They come into your life pretending to be independent and not after any of ur business.
Fact is, they pretend more than chameleon, it's only a matter of time before they show u their real colour.

7 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 12, 2016
Suigeneris93:

I'm not in the mood to type epistles, I was only agreeing with the op and if you're stylishly trying to correct what you feel is my blunder, check well I wrote he provides
Because you can't provide for yourself?

If the proof of a guy's love is providing for you, what's the proof of your love for a guy?

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Rexhenrex(m): 10:01am On Mar 12, 2016
ThuGnificenX:
This females no longer want to do anything reasonable with their time.
Monster of them see dating as a career path, put all their burdens on one innocent guy and make him pay from his nose.
Alas all they have to offer is their body!
Karashika...
any Lady that does that doesn't love u but is just as a runs girl...at times we guys fall victim to this set of girls because we don't value the girls in our lives and love them as its due.

2 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by ThuGnificenX: 10:07am On Mar 12, 2016
Rexhenrex:
any Lady that does that doesn't love u but is just as a runs girl...at times we guys fall victim to this set of girls because we don't value the girls in our lives and love them as its due.
Bro fuvk that thing abeg... Just get ur space from them, make your self valuable and get all the money you want.
It's not a must to have a woman to be alive.
They distract you, wreck your finances, and waste your time. undecided

20 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 12, 2016
ThuGnificenX:
You can't tell...
Their forehead is not engraved with *gold diggrr*
They come into your life pretending to be independent and not after any of ur business.
Fact is, they pretend more than chameleon, it's only a matter of time before they show u their real colour.
There are always subtle signs to tell.
Trust me, there are many ladies out there in a relationship and don't wait for no man to pay their bills. They are responsible for their lives. The best their bf can do is to assist sometimes when things aren't smooth with her. Such a person wouldn't even need to ask before you come in.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by ThuGnificenX: 10:08am On Mar 12, 2016
NewSheriff:
There are always subtle signs to tell.
Trust me, there are many ladies out there in a relationship and don't wait for no man to pay their bills. They are responsible for their lives. The best their bf can do is to assist sometimes when things aren't smooth with her. Such a person wouldn't even need to ask before you come in.

when you find such a woman, do contact me.
I will compensate you well. grin

8 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Rexhenrex(m): 10:15am On Mar 12, 2016
ThuGnificenX:
Bro fuvk that thing abeg... Just get ur space from them, make your self valuable and get all the money you want.
It's not a must to have a woman to be alive.
They distract you, wreck your finances, and waste your time. undecided
not all bro there are still good ones that can Polish a man

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by ThuGnificenX: 10:19am On Mar 12, 2016
Rexhenrex:
not all bro there are still good ones that can Polish a man
I know what am talking about..
It's best to succeed alone, the hassle of dating this generation women fighting for equality is hard..

10 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Leriebloom(f): 10:29am On Mar 12, 2016
Rexhenrex:

cc:ebubey
farano
lalasticlala

Pretty true. As little as a gift wouldn't hurt. A guy who dates a woman and has never given her a gift (no matter how little it is) is stingy. He doesnt have to give her money,buy a houz or wateva it is for her to show her he rly cares bout her wellbeing. But the little things he does for her goes a big way. (not for all girls tho).

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Rexhenrex(m): 10:55am On Mar 12, 2016
Leriebloom:

Pretty true. As little as a gift wouldn't hurt. A guy who dates a woman and has never given her a gift (no matter how little it is) is stingy. He doesnt have to give her money,buy a houz or wateva it is for her to show her he rly cares bout her wellbeing. But the little things he does for her goes a big way. (not for all girls tho).
well said some guys brag amongst there peers how there g.f has never ate there money its actually a thing of shame even if she turns down the opportunity just surprise her that's how to win a woman's heart its not by the expensive stuffs but by the little things you give her with a happy heart indeed not all girls but a large percentage just want a guy to do little things that matters like buying her rose e.t.c
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Leriebloom(f): 11:01am On Mar 12, 2016
Rexhenrex:
well said some guys brag amongst there peers how there g.f has never ate there money its actually a thing of shame even if she turns down the opportunity just surprise her that's how to win a woman's heart its not by the expensive stuffs but by the little things you give her with a happy heart indeed not all girls but a large percentage just want a guy to do little things that matters like buying her rose e.t.c
Most guys dont reason this way which is pretty upsetting. Infact u deserve a hug.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Differentiate Between A Girl Who Wants You And A Girl Who Wants Marriage? / At Last, We Wedded / I Hate Men! Says This Lady Who Got Married At 19 (watch Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.