Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,093 members, 7,852,697 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:02 AM

Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? (38718 Views)

12 Ways To Make Up With Your Girlfriend And Show Her You Truly Care / 10 Commandments Every Girlfriend And Wife Need To Follow During The World Cup / Nigerian Men Are Hardworking, Respectful And Don't Cheat' - Ghanaian Lady Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 12, 2016
Rexhenrex:
just came across this on f.b this morning whats your take?? I don't care what name anyone might wanna call me but I strongly support the notion of this quote below .

if you indeed love someone at least you spending on them shouldn't be a problem no matter how small.some men even find it difficult spending on there wife's or fiance some guys its a taboo to give their girl friens money or buy her a gift truth has to be told.

what a post! If she's not my wife, why shud I spend on her, I b her fada? U know how Nigerian girls are, later dem go call u mugu, I can gift her on special occasions, na there e end.

3 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 12, 2016
A sane business man will look at the prospects of the business before spending big on it though.. The first question is, Will it be worth it?

2 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 12, 2016
ThuGnificenX:
Gold plated digger alert undecided
Its not gold digging its common sense , what would you call it when your father does it for your mum.

3 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by JossyTrini: 2:46pm On Mar 12, 2016
Suigeneris93:
Three ways a man shows he loves a woman: he provides, protects and professes- Steve Harvey

The bolded says it all
So If he doesn't have money!! he should go and steal ba? provide my a$$
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 12, 2016
Rexhenrex:
yes but ladies should also learn to appreciate tho

Its a big one o, I spoke with a Babe yday, if not we are in- laws I doubt we'd be talking, she stopped talking to a guy because he wasn't of use to her financially and uses guys to get things, I told her she's an horrible person. Deep down I pray she meeta someone that will pay her own coin. Not like I hate her but that entitled attitude damn annoying
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by ThuGnificenX: 2:47pm On Mar 12, 2016
pcguru1:

Its not gold digging its common sense , what would you call it when your father does it for your mum.
ps! They are not married yet. Understand the post before you quote me undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by JossyTrini: 2:49pm On Mar 12, 2016
pcguru1:

excuse me? they are "MARRIED" NOT "DATING"....diz is water lack of cold water can cause!!

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by lastpage: 2:50pm On Mar 12, 2016
Suigeneris93:
Three ways a man shows he loves a woman: he provides, protects and professes- Steve Harvey

The bolded says it all

Stop portraying women as "objects of easy virtue".
Even that phrase, "spend on her"... is derogatory! Any woman worth her salt, aside the broke-azz, material-minded ones, know what l am talking about.

My junior sister had a boyfriend (which she later married) but she insists that he cannot give her gifts worth more than she can give him... till they are married. Material things was never a factor in deciding if they would get married or not.
Infact, my sister likes to spoil him and the guy sef dey do shakara as he would refuse anything worth more than 5K from her.
He once asked her to return a birthday Wrist Watch that cost about 10K back then in 2001 ...unless she would agree that he re-imburse her.
Eventually they shared the cost between themselves....... and he found a way to spend the other half on her later.
That is how to build healthy relationship were one party is not a slave to the other.

That way, even if they broke up, he can never boast of "spending my money on her" (which is what and where it ends most time with guys), he can never regret "wasting his money on her", he can never have any sort of "hold" on her, plus it makes her walk wit her head high (dignity) and the guy knows she is with her, not for his money.

No wonder Nigerian girls dont want to go out with a poor, struggling guy.
Reminds me of Monica (Money and Car! )

On the other hand, we all preach emancipation of women, equality, respect, bla-bla-bla. How owuld a man respect you, if he already 'bought" you like a slave? angry angry
Why not flip things around and say "You are not with a Man/He is not your Man, ..if you cant spend money on him"?
See how ridiculous that sounds?

Relationships that are based on "how much you have to spend on me" are bound to make the receiving party (the woman) have LESS VALUED in the eyes of the one doing the paying (the guy).

I would rather we emphasize "SHARING" between Lovers

Come and see how my sister's husband respects her so much, even till today!

Well, l can understand for women from extremely poor background who see a Boyfriend as a "Meal Ticket" and ladder to good things of life!
"Gold-Digger" is a very, very bad insult for a woman.
God punish Poverty and lack of Dignity.

Lastpage!

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by NemzySeries(m): 2:50pm On Mar 12, 2016
Rubbish!!! D'll neva talk of doing sumfin 4 a man dat wud challenge him to surprise hiz woman every gud tin is directed 2wrds d woman's comfort & satisfaction even ordinary sex d'll neva contribute only to lie dwn & b observing abi taking attendance......make she kon comot d money frm ma pocket make I dey see na

3 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by tellwisdom: 2:51pm On Mar 12, 2016
Spend on which foolish gurl?? angry

4 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 12, 2016
JossyTrini:
excuse me? they are "MARRIED" NOT "DATING"....diz is water lack of cold water can cause!!
In the ideal sense ; at one point the guy will obviously give but not provide, because provide hints on responsibility and frankly in a relationship that is not marriage ,the guy is not bounded as in forced to spend. unless he wants to on his own accord , compared to marriage where you must provide . So we are saying the same thing. A man will obviously give something to his Babe but is he mandated to ; no he's not, but implicitly , spending does occur because come on she's someone you like. A lot of girls appreciate its only in nairaland where I hear women don't appreicate.
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by SycophanticGoat: 2:53pm On Mar 12, 2016
Suigeneris93:

The bolded says it all

How will you show love to me, a man, then? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 12, 2016
True. As a male, if you have that 'no spending' mentality,you have no business dating a miss independent or any other type of female. People who did not heed ended up having doomed relationships/marriage. It will never be acknowledged by God. Forget what your beer parlor friends tell you.

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 12, 2016
its a put off when a guy neva contributes anytin to d lyf of his gf, but same goes for girls. i feel fufilled when i buy stuffs 4 my husband no mata how small. may even be sometin to eat when i go out. make him understand dat i always think of him smileyits a put off when a guy neva contributes anytin to d lyf of his gf, but same goes for girls. i feel fufilled when i buy stuffs 4 my husband no mata how small. may even be sometin to eat when i go out. make him understand dat i always think of him

4 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 12, 2016
gloria34:
its a put off when a guy neva contributes anytin to d lyf of his gf, but same goes for girls. i feel fufilled when i buy stuffs 4 my husband no mata how small. may even be sometin to eat when i go out. make him understand dat i always think of him smileyits a put off when a guy neva contributes anytin to d lyf of his gf, but same goes for girls. i feel fufilled when i buy stuffs 4 my husband no mata how small. may even be sometin to eat when i go out. make him understand dat i always think of him

Exactly sometimes it doesn't have to be an expensive gift or it might, but something the person will love and cherish and that's what counts and the thought too counts.
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Arsenate(m): 3:04pm On Mar 12, 2016
repogirl:
[size=16pt]Tell all those stingy koko small boys, hoarding dia money as if dey will die and go to hell with it! CHEAPSKATES! angry tongue grin[/size]
broke asssss gold digger spotted here; whacked beggi beggi shameless way of life. We know your type and your psychological manipulation does not work on us tongue wink

5 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by JossyTrini: 3:10pm On Mar 12, 2016
pcguru1:

In the ideal sense ; at one point the guy will obviously give but not provide, because provide hints on responsibility and frankly in a relationship that is not marriage ,the guy is not bounded as in forced to spend. unless he wants to on his own accord , compared to marriage where you must provide . So we are saying the same thing. A man will obviously give something to his Babe but is he mandated to ; no he's not, but implicitly , spending does occur because come on she's someone you like. A lot of girls appreciate its only in nairaland where I hear women don't appreicate.
9ja girls ain't worth the stress bro!! their "olojukokoro" is highly rated...abeg tell me where i fit get fuel jare!

2 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by repogirl(f): 3:14pm On Mar 12, 2016
olarhtunji:

And tell the girls that are golddiggers that they can kum n svck my d!ck!!!
Arsenate:
broke asssss gold digger spotted here; whacked beggi beggi shameless way of life. We know your type and your psychological manipulation does not work on us tongue wink
LMAO! See them, by dia comments you shall know dem!

I throw a little crumb and predictably, like dogs, you came for it.

Hehehehe..... Y'all can use your money you don't have as gate fee into hell.
Cheapies!
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 12, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

How will you show love to me, a man, then? cheesy

By being loyal, giving you support (financial,moral etc) and of course the cookie. I'm still quoting Steve Harvey. I no know wetin dey work some nairaland guys undecided
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by kilokeys(m): 3:15pm On Mar 12, 2016
Overflogged topic..

To the guys... Provide, profess and protect

To the ladies... support, profess and stay out of danger.

Understanding is key.. Was broke this weekend cos i lost some money.. Bae sent me 10k.
Egotistically I been wan reject.. But what d heck.. Ill do d same for her.

No two relationships are the same. Mind ur business.. Go for what u think u want.. If u don't get it.. Move on..

Before u move on.. Download my song abeg.. And subscribe. Song in signature

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by nashtiri06: 3:16pm On Mar 12, 2016
I don't like Nigerian ladies especially my tribal ladies

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by marlockj: 3:16pm On Mar 12, 2016
Suigeneris93:

The bolded says it all

*modified*
I won't dignify your quoting me with a response especially if you don't have anything meaningful to say. I'm not dating you and I most likely never will, so save your breath or in this case your epistle undecided undecided

So Wat shuld a woman do den as a girlfrnd ohhh....Nt wife

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by AmAlbert(m): 3:21pm On Mar 12, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by olac21(m): 3:21pm On Mar 12, 2016
repogirl:
[size=16pt]Tell all those stingy koko small boys, hoarding dia money as if dey will die and go to hell with it! CHEAPSKATES! angry tongue grin[/size]

One of those ppl we talk abt has been sighted!now all said,are you ready to change for good?I mean a breakaway from that old poverty mentality?

2 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Tonymegabush1(m): 3:23pm On Mar 12, 2016
no body is against giving gift to dia babes I tink d problem is wen d lady in quote sees it as an avenue to milk d guy dry.... boyfriend no b ATM machines

4 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Krismart(m): 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
No probs with that if the girl should be loyal and appreciative.
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by repogirl(f): 3:40pm On Mar 12, 2016
olac21:

One of those ppl we talk abt has been sighted!now all said,are you ready to change for good?I mean a breakaway from that old poverty mentality?
Tahh! Shattap dia osiso, how much kobo do you have in your acct. dat you are making a noise?

Big boys don't make noise! All they say is 'Bebe spend ma money!'

So shattap and go make ya money! angry
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by kukl0(m): 3:40pm On Mar 12, 2016
ladies are sumtimes not content wt wat is given to dem. imagine taking a girl to eat n all she wants is a way to reck the guy either by making excess orders or inviting friends hu wer nt invited. ladies shud also len to assist their men in a relationship. it helps alot.
Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by ThatIgboBoy: 3:41pm On Mar 12, 2016
giving to your girlfriend is ok. But make sure she appreciates what you give to her. Sometimes it is also gud to deny them those things once in a while before they begin to see it as their rights and priviledges. It isnt.
Having issues with my bae. Got a text from her in february that i should provide her with upkeep money and money from transport to work. I laughed and didnt do that. Her friend got married last week and she demanded hair money from me. I refused too. I give her but i do so @ my own times. Girls love trying to push a man around to know what they can get away with. Not me. As far as ur still a bae,i give u when i feel like. Not when you want

6 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Churchillsaug(m): 3:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
Suigeneris93:

The bolded says it all

*modified*
I won't dignify your quoting me with a response especially if you don't have anything meaningful to say. I'm not dating you and I most likely never will, so save your breath or in this case your epistle undecided undecided
9ja girls mentality. Turning guys to office. Must a guy spend on you? If you spend on him, is it a taboo? Both of you are runing a relationship and you expects him to be doing you everything for you and if he doesnt, you tag him not being loving. What is your own contribution to the relationship? There is nothing wrong with a guy taking care of his GIRL friend, only if the girl is returning the favour too. Let nobody try to mention $exx in this case because they both satisfy each other in that aspect. It's 50/50. Beside that, what else does the girl has to offer? Girl friend is over rated, especial in this part of the world.

3 Likes

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 12, 2016
JossyTrini:
9ja girls ain't worth the stress bro!! their "olojukokoro" is highly rated...abeg tell me where i fit get fuel jare!

Omo na to park for filling station buy Sunday morning

1 Like

Re: Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 12, 2016
Churchillsaug:
9ja girls mentality. Turning guys to office. Must a guy spend on you? If you spend on him, is it a taboo? Both of you are runing a relationship and you expects him to be doing you everything for you and if he doesnt, you tag him not being loving. What is your own contribution to the relationship? There is nothing wrong with a guy taking care of his GIRL friend, only if the girl is returning the favour too. Let nobody try to mention $exx in this case because they both satisfy each other in that aspect. It's 50/50. Beside that, what else does the girl has to offer? Girl friend is over rated, especial in this part of the world.

Lol girlfriend in this day and age , I can understand courting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? / My Babe Is Too Clingy / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend With Lexus In Warri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.