Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,412 members, 7,815,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) (30669 Views)

PHOTOS: Fashola Visits Ambode / Raji Fashola Visits Governor Fayose (Photos) / Minister Of Power, Fashola Visits Aba (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by gretblue: 8:28am On Mar 14, 2016
amtaken:
Fashole you need to consult with the immediate paste Power Minister so he can put you through on how he made the megawatts to rise to 6k. Enough of this constant power failure.

And what has happened to 6k megawatts provided by your ex minister? Tribal bigot

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by wristbangle: 8:28am On Mar 14, 2016
amtaken:
Fashole you need to consult with the immediate paste Power Minister so he can put you through on how he made the megawatts to rise to 6k. Enough of this constant power failure.

Lol. Dear the highest power generation since independence is 5,075MW and it's under this administration some months ago.

Though I am not happy with the hike in electricity tariff and I cant imagine paying for something we don't have.

So let's give BRF time to figure out how things will turn up to be.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by terrence12(m): 8:28am On Mar 14, 2016
HungerBAD:
At last a worki[/s]ng mini[s]st[/s]er.[s]

Is this what the 16 Years of PDP left us?no wonder there is a problem of power supply.

Thank God this Government is working round the clock,to make sure there is a constant supply of power.
May d trailer of common sense collapse on u......

Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by terrence12(m): 8:31am On Mar 14, 2016
wristbangle:

Lol. Dear the highest power generation since independence is 5,075MW and it's under this administration some months ago.

Though I am not happy with the hike in electricity tariff and I cant imagine paying for something we don't have.

A clear denotee of buhari and his battalion of dullards...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 14, 2016
Scholes007:
@ Ferraricash jmichlins oji river thermal station stopped working years before 1999. It started failing in the early 80's
ok and they abadoned it?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by Nellybii: 8:34am On Mar 14, 2016
Adminisher:

He is looking at the dates of manufacture and maker on the body of a switchgear. Nairaland has too many children making comments. You always get that feeling of parochialism and complete ignorance.

Honestly you hit the nail on the head.
Too many lazy children here Too lazy and dumb to read and comprehend. I feel Nigeria is doomed if these are its future leaders. Shame

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by enigma2007(m): 8:36am On Mar 14, 2016
presentley:

Go and read it again, she said immediate past

and i meant that we achieved constant light under Bart Nnaji. Everything almost went downhill when he left and therefore, i would prefer Fashola ask Bart what he did differently...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by Scholes007(m): 8:37am On Mar 14, 2016
Ferraricash:
ok and they abadoned it?
am not in support of that, i am only trying to make a point that which is; nigerian rebuilding process started in 2007, and should be continued without this pdp this apc that. #iamnotafanofapc
Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by iamrealdeji(m): 8:39am On Mar 14, 2016
Oro dun,he's working at last,social media is effective
Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by UrbanMystique: 8:39am On Mar 14, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

6KMW was not enough. Nigeria needs 12000MW to have 24 hours light.
he is even lying.. The highest past government ever got's 4500mw.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by loomer: 8:40am On Mar 14, 2016
Oportunity to chop money don come. Make una scrap that place and build new one jare.
Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by anonimi: 8:41am On Mar 14, 2016
HungerBAD:
At last a working minister.

Is this what the 16 Years of PDP left us?no wonder there is a problem of power supply.

Thank God this Government is working round the clock,to make sure there is a constant supply of power.

Do you know if the working minister now signs cheques grin
16 years of APC in Lagos state yet we have this-

MathsChic:
Some days ago, I was at a secondary school in Surulere (across the bridge from the Island) in Lagos for a friend's event where he is educating secondary students about the perils of peer pressure. I honestly wasn't expecting what I saw as the state of this secondary school.
It left me wondering if this was a school or a dump yard. Why in heaven's name are Nigerian leaders looking the other way while the young ones study in this sorry environment?

The attached pictures are what I saw. This is no secondary school. It's a hopeless shanty. I hope this gets to front page and attracts the necessary attention.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124804_20151126164323_jpeg933998a57f8c28234ccaa665d2fefc46

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124836_20151126163829_jpeg3798e0f98a572b323f9b9ab93cf4eb74

Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by anonimi: 8:42am On Mar 14, 2016
loomer:
Oportunity to chop money don come. Make una scrap that place and build new one jare.

I think it's MAINTENANCE may be better depending on the expected life of the installation.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by enigma2007(m): 8:43am On Mar 14, 2016
jaymichael:
Ya, Lagos state has IPP plants that generates electricity that powers the secretariat, Street lights of the major highways and some public buildings, with plan to power all state hospitals, roads, schools and all public buildings in the state (within the limits permitted by law). they are gas powered and initiated by the BRF administration. By Nigerian law, only the FG can generate power for commercial distribution. States and private individuals can generate private piwers within a limited threshold which Lagos state had complied with. Generating above that threshold means you have to send the excess power to the national grid before commercial distribution which isn't favourable to the states and potential private power generators (investors)
Try to google or research Lagos state INDEPENDENT POWER PROJECT to learn more.

Thanks for that.. Some people just open their mouth anyhow without doing basic research!

Fashola even mentioned the IPP during his session with NA when he was a minister-designate

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by jaymichael(m): 8:43am On Mar 14, 2016
MadCow1:

I just learnt about this law indebt very recently when my Estate tried to install a Power generating plant with a very large generating capacity.

Omo na so dem come warn us not to try am or...... grin

But that law is rather stupid and limiting.
Ya, rather silly law. I remember when Bola Tinubu was in power, the OBJ administration stopped the Enron IPP Tinubu initiated which was to power Lagos 24/7

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by Brannyslim: 8:43am On Mar 14, 2016
Ratello:
This Administration is a huge joke.....even from the pix one can tell that Fashola the scammer is clueless about how power works just take a look at how he is staring at the equipment...... So so sorry for Nigerians. More irritating is when you now discover that it is still this same clown that is billing Nigerians with higher power tariff that is not working.

I guess it's time to implement the[b][/b] I AM NOT A ROBOT[b][/b] box for stuffs like this... Smh kiss
Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by gretblue: 8:46am On Mar 14, 2016
sainty2k3:

i don't think we need that kind of 6k that did not reflect in our homes.
What did you expect from his type.They rely on hearsay.Ignore him.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by anonimi: 8:47am On Mar 14, 2016
onatisi:
This is the only sensible working person in this government. Unlike some ministers who have turned the airport into their office.

Did you say Fashola is sensible?
Maybe sensible in stealing our money. Otherwise the man is ZERO apart from his sweet mouth effizy.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2973003_2972908img8889033575920jpegjpeg9806bd2153518397a591fad28c8bce09_jpeg2e10389c92476096a700ac3ee30d28e1

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2776311_borehole_jpeg6982552b3aa8ea67bec1da4c0172b398

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2776329_lagosprojects2_jpega666e650b9fc5a14f04fa6a8ba0d8a3d
Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by wristbangle: 8:48am On Mar 14, 2016
terrence12:

A clear denotee of buhari and his battalion of dullards...

The comment of a chronic slowpoke. Do u have difficulty to comprehend a simple sentence?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by anonimi: 8:49am On Mar 14, 2016
jaymichael:
Ya, rather silly law. I remember when Bola Tinubu was in power, the OBJ administration stopped the Enron IPP Tinubu initiated which was to power Lagos 24/7

Why have WE not amended our law in this regard?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by loomer: 8:51am On Mar 14, 2016
anonimi:

I think it's MAINTENANCE may be better depending on the expected life of the installation.
Honestly, look at that thing/place, it's better to torch it with fire and build new ones jare than waste money we don't have

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by miketayo(m): 8:51am On Mar 14, 2016
OgbonnaUbani:
But you cannot get constant power supply without the coal in the South east. Coal is the number one source of electricity in the world.

Where does egbin power plant gets its coal from
Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by jaymichael(m): 8:55am On Mar 14, 2016
anonimi:

Why have WE not amended our law in this regard?
Those responsible for that are the same people benefiting fro the rot in the system.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by IGBOPRINCE: 8:55am On Mar 14, 2016
Ratello:
This Administration is a huge joke.....even from the pix one can tell that Fashola the scammer is clueless about how power works just take a look at how he is staring at the equipment...... So so sorry for Nigerians. More irritating is when you now discover that it is still this same clown that is billing Nigerians with higher power tariff that is not working.
bro, you dey observe sth wella, how can a lawyer or a SAN become minister of power?

So expects him to look like dumdi cos he knows nothing about power and energy. Even undergraduate of UNN in engineering department would do better than fashola a SAN.

May God help nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by miketayo(m): 8:56am On Mar 14, 2016
gretblue:

And what has happened to 6k megawatts provided by your ex minister? Tribal bigot

There was never a 6kmw not even a 5kmw by past gov

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by amtaken(f): 8:57am On Mar 14, 2016
Not true. It was 6k before GEJ stepped down. Get your facts right.

wristbangle:

Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by hohafrank(m): 8:58am On Mar 14, 2016
neolboy:
I hope this visit will improve our power sector
Improve for where ?What does he know about electricity?A complete misplace of priority.
Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by amtaken(f): 8:58am On Mar 14, 2016
You ain't making sense.

gretblue:

Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by amtaken(f): 8:59am On Mar 14, 2016
Lol y'all come here and be quoting different figures. Ignorant is bad but displaying it is even worse.
UrbanMystique:
pathological liar.. The highest megawatt Nigeria ever produced under your dumb past ministers is 4500.. Stop spreading lies.
Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by amtaken(f): 9:00am On Mar 14, 2016
Engineered by who?

Ijaya123:

We have never had 6000 megawatts under any government. Stop spreading falsehood. The highest we have achieved is under this government.
Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by wristbangle: 9:00am On Mar 14, 2016
amtaken:
Not true. It was 6k before GEJ stepped down. Get your facts right.

I am so sure. Nigeria has never attain 6K power generation before.

Look dear let's leave sentiments aside, the past and present administration has not fulfil the expectation of Nigerians.

Meanwhile, I wan contest 4 presido. Will u vote for me? grin

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) by amtaken(f): 9:02am On Mar 14, 2016
Engirishioooo.
disloman:
I don't know who is more dumb between you and the word dumb?Why can't the past minister does that?M....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Visits To Buhari In London Cost N50 Million - The Guardian / Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival / GEN. ABUBAKAR KILLED MKO ABIOLA SAYS AL-MUSTAPHA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.