Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce (49621 Views)

Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird / Ben Bruce Reveals “Smartest States” In Nigeria / ''The North Is A Poverty Trap'' - Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Ephemmm: 6:56pm On Mar 14, 2016
3xtr6r:
[s][/s]

IPOO minion, it's time you checked the functionality of your brain...

Summary please?
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by sinistermind(m): 6:57pm On Mar 14, 2016
Without prejudice to th original post, I beg to differ. The southern part of Nigeria which includes the south west, south south and south east are capable enough to produce food in commercial commodity but most don't want to go into agriculture. And to say the southerners are dependent on the north is just how Sen. Ben sees it. The south has more fertile soil for large scale commercial farming and can even survive without food supply from the north but can the north survive without the oil from the south?

2 Likes

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by EasternActivist: 6:58pm On Mar 14, 2016
sinkhole:
of course grin Mind you I am not from the north but I am currently at the north central! Beleive me, in terms of food, I dont see how these people will depend on the south! They farm here all year round and the people of the south are already becoming very lazy, they do not really farm in the south again!

Judging from your confession all i see are people who are suffering...
We Southerners are too enlightened to embark on crude farming...
The world has left the northern famers behind. In south here we have farms whose companies practise mechanized faming with good preserving and packaging mechanisms that its output is readily available for food consumption and export.

Who still uses hoe?
Guy I think you really need to wake yourself to reality on ground and stop shaming us with your backward mentality.

Meanwhile. A day sell of oil in Nigeria can buy up those farms with it's product even with the farmers and their families and relations.
Oil is a resource that's why is a free gift. Agriculture is for those that has no mineral resources other than arable land.

And I will always choose mineral resources over arable lands, anytime any day. Is never laziness like you term it but being advanced

3 Likes

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by atoleybaba(m): 6:58pm On Mar 14, 2016
medpren:

i DON'T NEED YOU. IF YOU YORUBAS NEED THE HAUSA, FINE AND GOOD. BUT THE EAST DON'T NEED YOU BOTH. YOU BOTH SHOULD FUCCCK OFF AND ENJOY YOUR MARRIAGE WITHOUT THE EAST.
Lol OK Na. But hope u sha know that in God's kingdom whether u like it or not we will all live together....y can't we learn to live together in peace and harmony now so it won't look like a burden when God kingdom comes
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Cekpo34(m): 6:59pm On Mar 14, 2016
edoyad:

Now whose argument should I support, that of Bruce, successful business man and senator who employs over a thousand people, or you, anonymous poster on NL?

Only sycophants place such premise in justifying their trash! As a rational being, you know the truth but you choose to be indifferent because u are beclouded by that thing that beclouded Lugard, Mary Kingsley, Richard, Littleton, and ur 1st Republic elites.

1 Like

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by codemaniacs: 7:00pm On Mar 14, 2016
sinistermind:
Without prejudice to th original post, I beg to differ. The southern part of Nigeria which includes the south west, south south and south east are capable enough to produce food in commercial commodity but most don't want to go into agriculture. And to say the southerners are dependent on the north is just how Sen. Ben sees it. The south has more fertile soil for large scale commercial farming and can even survive without food supply from the north but can the north survive without the oil from the south?

check nairaland agriculture section.. there are many youths that are into farming in southern Nigeria... Most are already into agriculture.... northern labor is cheap.. so some southerners use northerners to sell their agric products.
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by omolola15(m): 7:00pm On Mar 14, 2016
amuokuko:

Which kind drop out you be
I gave example of UAE that was formerly desert, ask anyone there what is the cheapest thing in UAE and see if they wont yell FOOD!!!..

Now ask urself if they farm those produce. Give me ur answer to disprove my 1st question...

Na wah for nairalanders ooooo. So asking a simple question makes a drop out abi. Almost everything imported into UAE are subsidized. And i don't know if food is the cheapest because I've never been there. You can't compare our economy to UAE's economy. One USD is over 3 dirham. I think that should answer your question.

1 Like

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by jomoh: 7:00pm On Mar 14, 2016
kettykin:
But my question is that if the North is independent of the south east and south south then why this angst and trepidation about biafra

because the biafra struggle started after the 2nd coupe(by northerners) which was a retaliation of the 1st coupe (by the easterners against other regions)

because the 1st coupe carried out by the easterners against the rest of nigeria reversed the fortunes of this once great nation

because the 1st coupe carried out by the easterners against the rest of nigeria started a negative precedence of coupe and counter coup in the history of this great nation

because the 1st coupe carried out by the easterners against the rest of nigeria destroyed the independence of each region of the country when the regional form of government was abolished by the coupe plotters making us a single "UNUNITED" entity instead of regions.

because the 1st coupe carried out by the easterners against the rest of nigeria introduced the interference of military in the ruling of this country

If the 1st coupe had not happened, the biafra struggle would have succeeded because the easterners, westerners, northerners would be in control of their regions instead of it being under the control of the federal government.

If the 1st coupe had not happened, the eastern region wouldve been the richest in the country with oil but the lack of foresight on the the part of the greeedy coup plotters didnt allow them to see the good in the region

If the 1st coupe had not happened, the whole country wouldnt have been oil dependent only the eastern region wouldve owned the oil

If the 1st coupe had not happened, the self determination that the biafra agitators base their arguments on would have been much easier to achieve.

The rest of Nigeria is angry because the easterners destroyed this country by staging the coupe

The rest of Nigeria is angry because the easterners plunged this country into its first ever war.

The rest of Nigeria is angry because the easterners are trying to repeat the same thing they did some 40years ago

The rest of Nigeria is angry because we are tired of the easterners dragging us back in history with their selfish and unnecessary interference in the unity and progress of this country.

The rest of Nigeria is angry because people forgive but history dont.

1 Like

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Ephemmm: 7:03pm On Mar 14, 2016
EasternActivist:

Your ability to comprehend is below par and should be properly diagnosed.

I said. That if all the cocoa money should be invested in Abeokuta alone it can never transform the brown roof village to a city even if given 1000 years.

Now compare the ideology like you did earlier to the oil states of Nigeria... Will you tell me it won't turn the region to sensible city with the shortest period of time...

I have no interest in ondo or is it osun that is feeding on 55 million a month. What good will come from such interest. I doubt anything good.

You don't have right to blame anyone for your inability...
I know Ibadan expressway media so well and how they brandishes fantasies and wishes.
You only wish you have resources except cocoa. Lol.
You have nothing to offer to Nigeria, nothing.

How has the discovery of oil transformed Abeokuta from brown roof to golden roof if I may ask? It seems you lack deeper mental horizon. Was your region generating to Federal treasure more than SW before the discovery of oil? Deepen your research and you will find out that majority of those countries thriving well now do not depend on oil you have been shouting on.

Besides, Oil does not belong to SE, no wonder you want to achieve Biafra and taking SS oil as trophy. People from SE rely much on other tribes to survive, yet their hatred for others is stinking.
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Standing5(m): 7:03pm On Mar 14, 2016
MrEverest:
You still do not get it, what is the value of their economy without oil proceeds? have you seen how most parts of Nigeria became grounded just because of reduction in allocation & what do you think will happen to the northern economy the moment allocation entirely stops going to them?? How successful are countries like Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Chad, Mauritania, CAR etc that lie approx on the same lattitude with Northern Nigeria?? The South will have more oil income to go round & remember that ECOWAS made free movement of goods posible which means that Northerners will still try to bring their goods down here to make more profit. U guys should be grateful to the South!!!
You are the one not getting it here, you are talking of the 10% who depend on direct earning by relation or self from the government. They are mostly farmers and artisans and engage in production of things that are most crucial to survival. Without patronage from oil money they could have exported their product to Europe and Asia. The North is easily 10 times better than the south.
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by darqly(m): 7:11pm On Mar 14, 2016
kingzizzy:
The South does not depend on the north for anything, if there was no Northern Nigeria, us in the South would buy food from other countries like Cameroon,Benin Republic, Ghana etc and life would go on. But if there was no Southern Nigeria, only God knows what would have happend to the North by now.

It's obvious you've NEVER been to any of these countries you intend to 'import' from. Cameroon ke? We sell our extra rice to Cameroon. And Benin cannot sell what they don't have, no matter how many barrels you promise them. Another scenario- Imagine the present scarcity of forex, compounded with shortages of staples and basic commodities. How much would you buy a measure of imported beans?
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by sinistermind(m): 7:13pm On Mar 14, 2016
codemaniacs:

check nairaland agriculture section.. there are many youths that are into farming in southern Nigeria... Most are already into agriculture.... northern labor is cheap.. so some southerners use northerners to sell their agric products.

Like I said large scale commercial agriculture. An average southerner prefers building or selling hi piece of land instead of going into agricuture. And besides most youth in the south go into agriculture cos of lack of "whit-collar" jobs, I stand to be corrected.
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Okeikpu(m): 7:20pm On Mar 14, 2016
May Amadioha strike dat ur mouth for mentioning dat useless contaminated food..... Most of ds nwambeciles on ds NL don't even know where's river niger. IN their sick head we dont grow food in D SE
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by amuokuko: 7:20pm On Mar 14, 2016
omolola15:

Na wah for nairalanders ooooo. So asking a simple question makes a drop out abi. Almost everything imported into UAE are subsidized. And i don't know if food is the cheapest because I've never been there. You can't compare our economy to UAE's economy. One USD is over 3 dirham. I think that should answer your question.

Guy, u be real Uwa Mmebi dude..

If UAE that an ordinary mango tree cant grow can ve cheap foods, of what essence would the northerners food be if my Biafran crude will make us great like Abu Dhabi...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by MrEverest(m): 7:21pm On Mar 14, 2016
Standing5:
You are the one not getting it here, you are talking of the 10% who depend on direct earning by relation or self from the government. They are mostly farmers and artisans and engage in production of things that are most crucial to survival. Without patronage from oil money they could have exported their product to Europe and Asia. The North is easily 10 times better than the south.
So tomatoes, onions & the likes will provide enough money to pay civil servants, build roads & flyovers, import cars, petroleum products etc. Why are they not exporting now? The 10% are even the ones feeding the poor talakawas & almajiris. How big is your IGR which is a pointer to how big your GDP is. The North is simply a baggage of liability weighing us down!
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by EasternActivist: 7:22pm On Mar 14, 2016
Ephemmm:

How has the discovery of oil transformed Abeokuta from brown roof to golden roof if I may ask? It seems you lack deeper mental horizon. Was your region generating to Federal treasure more than SW before the discovery of oil? Deepen your research and you will find out that majority of those countries thriving well now do not depend on oil you have been shouting on.

Besides, Oil does not belong to SE, no wonder you want to achieve Biafra and taking SS oil as trophy. People from SE rely much on other tribes to survive, yet their hatred for others is stinking.

I will neglect others. At the bolded, is it the same oil that the SE has? Lol.
This divide and rule tactics is just getting dumber day by day.

So you think SS and SE are not one eastern region?
Like I said earlier. SE has gas in abundance, dangote in one of his project with IPP will be laying gas pipelines from SE states to his company in Lagos. Do you know the revenue it will generate the SE states internally?

Is only the Yoruba's and the parasitic north that wants SS all because of oil.
I believe the SS are watching this ingrates. This ingrates don't wanna see you prosper, they teamed with the hungry power mongers to terminate Gej presidential appointment. They supported the killing of innocent people in ogoni in the name of killing vandals. They fight against autonomy of states just to make sure none of the ports in SE and SS is not functioning.

Hope you are seeing their demonious, evil and wicked act. These are people that should be your fellow country men who tell you how you should believe in one Nigeria.

I pity the gullible ones that doesn't get these divide and rule antics of these wicked mofos.

1 Like

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by 3xtr6r: 7:25pm On Mar 14, 2016
jomoh:

because the biafra struggle started after the 2nd coupe(by northerners) which was a retaliation of the 1st coupe (by the easterners against other regions)

because the 1st coupe carried out by the easterners against the rest of nigeria reversed the fortunes of this once great nation

because the 1st coupe carried out by the easterners against the rest of nigeria started a negative precedence of coupe and counter coup in the history of this great nation

because the 1st coupe carried out by the easterners against the rest of nigeria destroyed the independence of each region of the country when the regional form of government was abolished by the coupe plotters making us a single "UNUNITED" entity instead of regions.

because the 1st coupe carried out by the easterners against the rest of nigeria introduced the interference of military in the ruling of this country

If the 1st coupe had not happened, the biafra struggle would have succeeded because the easterners, westerners, northerners would be in control of their regions instead of it being under the control of the federal government.

If the 1st coupe had not happened, the eastern region wouldve been the richest in the country with oil but the lack of foresight on the the part of the greeedy coup plotters didnt allow them to see the good in the region

If the 1st coupe had not happened, the whole country wouldnt have been oil dependent only the eastern region wouldve owned the oil

If the 1st coupe had not happened, the self determination that the biafra agitators base their arguments on would have been much easier to achieve.

The rest of Nigeria is angry because the easterners destroyed this country by staging the coupe

The rest of Nigeria is angry because the easterners plunged this country into its first ever war.

The rest of Nigeria is angry because the easterners are trying to repeat the same thing they did some 40years ago

The rest of Nigeria is angry because we are tired of the easterners dragging us back in history with their selfish and unnecessary interference in the unity and progress of this country.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi-elombah-com.111348/[/color]

Battle Between Awolowo, Akintola Led To 1966 Coup- Yakassai - https://www.nairaland.com/2867045/battle-between-awolowo-akintola-led

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S0F_5ma4lM

Culled:

"It was the break up of the AG that sparked off the Western Regional crisis, which became a major factor facilitating the violent military overthrow of the First Republic. To argue, as others have attempted to do that it was the disloyalty of Chief Akintola is definitely not a sufficient answer. To even argue that it was the NPC, or the NCNC, or both of them combined to instigate Chief Akintola is in itself an indictment of the leadership of Chief Awolowo, who had been an active politician since 1938, on the platform of the Nigerian Youth Movement. Chief Awolowo knew the Nigerian political terrain very well, and the personalities, inside out, yet he played a key role in the break-up of the AG.

As if this was not enough, Chief Awolowo got himself dragged into an attempt to change the Federal Government by violent means, at a time when he was leading the fastest growing political party in the country, with a decisive national spread, and considerable support in all the three regions. 

As one of the leaders of the AG who was also a leading actor, deeply involved in the conspiracy with Chief Awolowo and Chief Enahoro, late Mazi S. G. Ikoku, stated in a conference held in Kaduna in 1993, that they were planning the overthrow of the government by force. This confession of S. G. Ikoku has been published in a book titled, Inside Nigerian History, edited by Drs. Bala Usman and George Kwannashie and was published by the Presidential Panel on the History of Nigeria Since Independence, Ibadan, under the chairmanship of Professor Tekena Tamuno. This is how on Monday 7th June 1993, S. G. Ikoku responded to a question on the civilian coup attempt led by Chief Awolowo in 1962 in which he too was actively involved:

“All I can tell you in all honesty is that we were fed up with the way the Nigerian system, the Nigerian state and the Nigerian government were operating, we were deeply committed to a change of government and we saw that waiting for elections would not produce any solution to the problem… 

This is what we did. We started preparations for it and the preparations had gone very far and I believe we would have pulled it off. But unfortunately for us, our leader [Chief Awolowo] was so kind to the Nigeria Police that he had a police informant among his planners and so the police knew every move we were making. And so it was easy to trip us up. Well, after the act, people have been saying, there was no coup because we went to court, there was no plan to overthrow the government. Naturally, if you catch me over a coup plot and take me to court, I have to enter a plea of not guilty, I did not do it. This is normal. But then the whole thing has blown over. We served our term. We have been granted pardon, we have been rehabilitated, our leader even became the number two citizen in the country. I felt it was time to tell the country the truth, so that our history would be correct. So, all I am saying is that, yes, there was an attempt to overthrow the government. Yes, I took part in the attempt. Yes, it failed. ” (Inside Nigerian History, pp. 43-44)

No one, including Chief Anthony Enahoro, has come out to deny this confession by S. G. Ikoku
"

https://www.nairaland.com/1073512/names-1966-coup-plotters.judge-self

N.B: The essence of this information is mainly to expose the lies of the notorious history distortionists and wicked propagandists who insult and malign others continually with lies and falsehood, and shout and make much noise on every available media. This a tribe that is after all well known for being loose cannons. Uncouth, uncivilised and disrespectful set of people who made a career out of abuse and slurs.
The same treacheerous beings who precipitated the January 1966 coup and the 1967-70 civil war with their bloody 'Operation Wetie ' in the SW. They start trouble and heat up the polity only to run cowardly to hide in their evil Soka forest when the jungle matures.

Disciple of hate and propaganda, here are the members of Yoruba tribe that participated in the January 1966 coup:
(See Ben Gbulie: ‘Nigeria’s Five Majors.’).

*Adewale Ademoyega is the most prominent Yoruba participant in the coup, there were other Yoruba officers who were involved at the dangerous execution stage of the coup. One of them is:

*Second Lieutenant Olafimihan, an officer serving under Madiebo in Kaduna. He was sent by the plotters to gauge his commander’s loyalty. (See Madiebo pp.17-18).

*Another is Lieutenant (some books refer to him as a Captain) Fola Oyewole. He, like Ademoyega, went on to fight for Biafra and wrote a book on his coup and wartime experiences. The book’s title is ‘Reluctant Rebel.’

*There is also Captain Ganiyu Adeleke who became an instructor in the Biafran Infantry School. For confirmation, see the list of coup plotters detained by Ironsi’s regime in Ademoyega pp.106-108, and this quote from Nowa Omoigui’s online account: ‘Mid-Western Invasion of 1967’: ‘Captain Ganiyu Adeleke, who had taken part in both the January 15 coup and the Mid-Western invasion before becoming an instructor in the Biafran School of Infantry was released at a later date after his co-plotters had been freed.’ Omoigui’s work is significant because, though he exhibits a high level of professionalism in his research, he has no sympathy for the January 15 coup. If his facts corroborate Ademoyega’s they are worthy of attention.

Lying propagandist, take a look at the list of the January 15 1966 coup plotters and get some knowledge:

1. Major Chukwuma Kaduna
Nzeogwu(Delta Igbo)
2. Major Adewale Ademoyega
(Yoruba) author of "Why we
struck"
3. Capt. G. Adeleke(Yoruba)
4. Maj. Ifeajuna(Igbo)
5. Lt. Fola Oyewole(Yoruba)
author of "The reluctant rebel"
6. Lt. R. Egbiko(Esean)
7. Lt. Tijani Katsina(Hausa/
Fulani) 8. Lt. O. Olafemiyan(Yoruba)
9. Capt. Gibson Jalo(Bali)
10. Capt. Swanton(Middle Belt)
11. Lt. Hope Harris Eghagha
(Urhobo)
12. Lt. Dag Warribor(Ijaw)
13. 2nd Lt. Saleh Dambo(Hausa)
14. 2nd Lt. John Atom Kpera (Tiv).

For personal studies consult the following sources of my posts: 
[color=#550000]
*http://www.naijastories.com/2013/04/the-facts-and-fiction-of-the-january-15-1966-coup/

*https://www.nairaland.com/334770/famous-aburi-conference-full-minute/3

* Nowa Omoigui’s online account: ‘Mid-Western Invasion of 1967’ - where he mentioned ‘Captain Ganiyu Adeleke, who had taken part in both the January 15 coup and the Mid-Western invasion before becoming an instructor in the Biafran School of Infantry.

* ‘Why We Struck’ - a book by  Adewale Ademoyega, a full blooded Yoruba army officer, who was deeply involved in the planning and execution of the January 1966 coup.

* Max Silloun (the military historian) landmark online article - ‘The inside story of Nigeria’s first military coup Parts 1 and 2

* 'Nigeria’s Five Majors’ - book by Ben Gbulie

* Major General Alexander Madiebo - excerpts from his interview with National Mirror
http://elombah.com/index.php/special-reports/13104-blame-gowon-and-awolowo-for-biafra-genocide-general-madiebo

* ‘Reluctant Rebel’ - a book by Captain Fola Oyewole, who went on to fight for Biafra just like Ademoyega 

* See the list of coup plotters detained by Ironsi’s regime in Ademoyega pp.106-108

* Sanusi Lamido's writings, "Afenifere: Syllabus of Errors" published by This Day (The Sunday Newspaper) on Sept 27, 1998. 

* Sanusi Lamido's writings/publication in the weekly Trust entitled " The Igbo, the Yoruba and History" (Aug. 21, 1998)

* Sanusi Lamido's paper presented at the “National Conference On The 1999 Constitution” Jointly Organised By The Network For Justice And The Vision Trust Foundation, At The Arewa House, Kaduna From 11th –12th September, 1999.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi-e

Get the books and published papers and acquire some useful knowledge that can help you make informed decisions, and unravel the lies and propaganda being peddled in the public domain by the criminal 'sophisticated' tribe, even in this age of information technology.

1 Like

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Okeikpu(m): 7:27pm On Mar 14, 2016
EasternActivist:

Hahaha!!! Is my region not south again??
Is it now north?? Lol.
South have been feeding the north time immemorial, thanks for blowing your own cover the more...

I don't wanna go down towards eastern region because in 19's they hold the fastest and the strongest growing economy manly because of palm oil and coal proceedings... But let's not go there.

You have been enjoying free money from the south, and since has been feeding fat without contributing essentially nothing to Nigerians purse...

How dare you northerners now turn around to say that north feeds the south. Are you all that ungrateful.?

Saying that north feeds the south is just a very big slap to the southerners faces. You lofts keep insulting us but the day of reckoning is coming and we shall know how far.

Rubbish.
Don't my dem,they thought ds poo gonna go on forever.
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by edoyad(m): 7:27pm On Mar 14, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

No, he doesn't employ thousand people tongue undecided

Well either Bruce or you is lying, guess who I'd rather believe? wink

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by AmenRa: 7:27pm On Mar 14, 2016
E don tey wey I know say this my contriman dey take style and commonsense dey eye Aso Rock Villa. "......we need each other...." Oya, 2019....
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by EasternActivist: 7:36pm On Mar 14, 2016
Okeikpu:
Don't my dem,they thought ds poo gonna go on forever.

Bro I just doubt they know.

1 Like

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by 3xtr6r: 7:37pm On Mar 14, 2016
jomoh:

Lying propagandist, this message is for you and your cohorts:

1* “We do not want our Southern neighbours to interfere in our development. We have never associated ourselves with the activities of these
people. We do not know them, we do not
recognize them, and we share no responsibility in their actions. We shall demand our rights when the time is ripe. If the British quit Nigeria now at this
stage, the Northern people would continue their uninterrupted conquest to the sea”. - Sir Tafawa Balewa (1947)

2* “We the people of the North will continue our stated intention to conquer the South and to dip the Koran in the Atlantic ocean after the British leave our shores.” - Sir Ahmadu Bello (1957)

3* "The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grand father, Othman Danfodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We must use minorities in the North as willing tools and South as conquered territories and never allow them to rule over us or have control over their future" 
- Sir Ahmadu Bello, October 12,  1960

Ahmadu Bello, arrogantly uttered the aforementioned statement in a multicultural and multi-religious country and got away with it, and many bigots still hold him in high esteem and even shove it down the throats of other people.

4* 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WSosECbcmM

5*...barely six months after independence, Sir Ahmadu Bello was able to say with confidence in the Daily Times of May 3, 1961, the following:
“I’m set and fully armed, to conquer the Action Group, AG, in the same ruthless manner as my grandfather conquered Alkalawa, a town in Sokoto province, during the last century.”

6*...sometime in 2010, when upon the demise of President Umaru Y'Ardua, indications emerged that his erstwhile deputy, President Goodluck Jonathan, may contest the 2011 presidential election, a prominent chieftain of this same ACF, Lawal Kaita, who was a former Governor of old Kaduna State,threatened that the North would make Nigeria ungovernable, should Jonathan or anyone from the South win the 2011 presidential election, claiming that such would amount to denying the North it's birthright of ruling Nigeria.

7* It is in the same North barbaric statements like this were uttered in 2011: ”BABOON AND DOG WILL BE SOAKED IN BLOOD”. And what was the outcome - carnage and murder of many Southerners and Christians in the North, including many Youth Corps members when Buhari lost the 2011 presidential election?

8* That true to that threat, upon the victory of Jonathan from the 2011 presidential election, massive violence was unleashed from the North by a group which called itself Boko Haram and which repeatedly took responsibility for unending mayhem which began with the killing of Youth Corp members who worked ad-hoc for INEC in that election.

9* As the barbaric killings and destructions reigned, especially with the attack by Boko Haram on the UN Building and Force Headquarters in Abuja, the Lower Niger Congress publicly posited that the nexus between the aforementioned threat by ACF's, Lawal Kaita and the Boko Haram's bloody campaigns summarily destroyed any prospects for keeping the Nigeria Union.

10* "It was, therefore, no surprise that in October 2013, following the bold announcement by President Jonathan, presenting the sudden prospect of revisiting the master-servant constitutional arrangements of Nigeria infuriated the warmongering born-to-rule Caliphate whose cause was championed by the same ACF, and who, supported by their allies from the renegade wing of the Yoruba Southwest,  launched a vicious, frontal attack on the initiative, teaming on the floor of the Conference into a majority, and driving the Conference into its first major decision, i.e. NOT TO DISCUSS THE TERMS OF NIGERIA'S UNITY. The rest of the Conference was a jamboree that provided a luxurious platform for the North/SW Alliance, parading itself as a new political party named APC, to fine-tune their violent March to the do-or-die 2015 general elections."

11* Oba of Lagos Threat on Igbos Over 2015 Governorship 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87u255UM6Ro

damosthottest post:
THIS WILL SHOCK MANY, A MASTERPIECE WRITTEN BY A NIGER DELTAN FROM URHOBO:

Thank God this is coming from a Deltan, which will also shock many who thinks that Igbos and Niger Deltans are not United, as they have tried to Divide us by State and Geo-political zones - Chike Michael.

Ena Ofugara from Urhobo wrote:

More On How A People Have Thrived in Adversity.
Four years into independence, three years before civil war, see how Nigeria was treating IGBOS
Now for you who may not understand why Igbos tried to leave the union, listen to parliamentarians.... Law makers in 1964 and tell me if it is your tribe you will not be like Ojukwu. Why would you want to be in a country where people treat you like this? Read for yourselves.
"Northern House Of Assembly Proceedings, February-March 1964
Below is an extract from the proceedings of the Northern Region House of Assembly between February and March 1964, less than four years after Nigeria’s independence from the British. I have nothing to add.

Read and judge for yourself:
Mallam Muhammadu Mustapha Mande Gyan:
On the allocation of plots to Ibos or allocation of stalls, I would like to advise the Minister that these people know how to make money, and we do not know the way and manner of getting about this business. We do not want Ibos to be allocated with plots. I do not want them to be given plots...

Mallam Bashari Umaru:
I would like (you), as a Minister of Land and Survey, to revoke forthwith all Certificates of Occupancy from the hands of the Ibos resident in the Region... (Applause).

Mr. A. A. Agogede:
I’m very glad that we are in a Moslem country, and the government of Northern Nigeria allowed some few Christians in the region to enjoy themselves according to the belief of their religion, but building of hotels should be taken away from the Igbos, and even if we find some Christians who are interested in building hotels and do not have money to do so, the government should aid them, instead of allowing Ibos to continue with their hotels.

Dr. Iya Abubakar (Special Member, Lecturer, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria):
I am one of the strong believers in Nigerian unity, and I have hoped for our having a united Nigeria, but certainly if the present state of affairs continues, I hope the government will investigate first the desirability and secondly the possibility of extending Northernisation policy to the petty traders. (Applause).

Mallam Mukhtar Bello:
I would like to say something very important, that the Minister should take my appeal to the Federal Government about the Igbos in the post office. I wish the numbers of these Igbos be reduced…. There are too many of them in the North. They are like sardines and 1 think they are just too dangerous to the Region.

Mallam Ibrahim Musa:
Mr. Chairman, Sir. Well first and foremost, what I have to say before this Hon. House is that we should send a delegation to meet our Hon. Premier to move a motion in this very Budget Session that all the Ibos working in the Civil Service of Northern Nigeria, including the native authorities, whether they are contractors or not, should be repatriated at once...

Mallam Bashari Umaru:
There should be no contracts either from the government, native authorities, or private enterprises given to Ibo contractors (Government Bench: Good talk and shouts of “Fire the Southerners”). Again, Mr. Chairman, the foreign firms too should be given time limit to replace all Ibo in their firms by some other people.

The Premier (Alhaji the Hon. Sir Ahmadu Bello, K.B.E., Sardauna of Sokoto):
It is my most earnest desire that every post in the region, however small it is, be filled by a Northerner (Applause)

Alhaji Usman Liman:
What brought the Ibos into this region? They were here since the colonial days. Had it not been for the colonial rule, there would hardly have been any Ibo in this region. Now that there is no colonial rule, the Ibos should go back to their region. There should be no hesitation about the matter.
Mr. Chairman, North is for Northerners, East for Easterners, West for Westerners, and the Federation is for us all. (Applause)

The Minister of Land and Survey (Alhaji the Hon. Ibrahim Musa Cashash, O.B.E.):
Mr. Chairman. Sir, I do not like to take up much of the time of this House in making explanations, but I would like to assure members that having heard their demands about Ibos holding land in Northern Nigeria, my ministry will do all it can to see that the demands of members are met. How to do this, when to do it, al1 these should not be disclosed. In due course, you will all see what will happen. (Applause).
Culled from M. O. Onyenakeya, Igbos in Nigerian Politics, pp.30-32

https://m./426888550813216?view=permalink&id=466671230168281

https://www.nairaland.com/2791382/history-igbo-massacre-across-northern
teufelein post:
History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria

MASSACRE (City/Town and Year)

1. Jos 1945
2. Kano genocide 1953
3. 1966 pogroms- over 60,000 civilians were killed
4. May 29th 1967- over 200,000 civilians were killed.
5. 1967-70 – over 3,100,0000 killed during the bloody civil war (Including the Asaba Genocide).
6. Kano 1980
7. Maiduguri 1982
8. Jimeta 1984
9. Gombe 1985
10.Zaria 1987
11.Kaduna & Kafanchan 1991
12.Bauchi & Katsina 1991
13. Kano 1991
14. Zangon-Kataf 1992
15. Funtua 1993
16. Kano 1994
17. Kaduna 2000
18. Kaduna 2001
19. Maiduguri 2001
20. Jos Maiden Crisis-Setember 2001
21. Kaduna 2002
22.Jos-November 2008
23. Beheading of Gideon Akaluka in December of 1996 in a POLICE STATION in Kano
24. Saint Moritz killed December 2001
25. Post April 2011 Presidential Election: 10 youth-corps men & women and numerous citizens murdered because a Christian Southerner was elected.
26. Jos Christmas Eve 2010
27. Madalla Christmas day 2011
28. Mubi January 6 2012
29. The many Igbo deaths caused by boko haram(which of course has the full backing of the northern elites).

And the list goes on...
The situation is getting out of hand and the Nigerian government has shown that it lacks the will and the capability to protect the life and property of Igbos in Nigeria.

http://www.may30.org/history-of-igbo-massacre-across-the-northern-nigeria/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by ringi82(m): 7:38pm On Mar 14, 2016
mu2sa2:
And oil cannot be imported easily? ****
Funny enough more than 60% of our oil (PMS) consumption is imported.
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Okeikpu(m): 7:38pm On Mar 14, 2016
BEN BRUCE WHERE WERE U WHEN D BRTISH TOLD THOSE CATTLE IN DA NORTH IN D 60S DAT IF BIAFRA GOES THEY...ALL DIE smiley) DS PPLE SEF cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by omolola15(m): 7:40pm On Mar 14, 2016
amuokuko:

Guy, u be real Uwa Mmebi dude..

If UAE that an ordinary mango tree cant grow can ve cheap foods, of what essence would the northerners food be if my Biafran crude will make us great like Abu Dhabi...

Continue with your nightmare because this your vision is too good for your dreams. Can't you male your point without calling me names? Earlier i was a drop out. Only God knows what I am now. Can you please translate that for me?
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by 3xtr6r: 7:43pm On Mar 14, 2016
jomoh:

Lying propagandist,

AGUIYI IRONSI DID NOT DISSOLVE THE REGIONAL GOVERNMENTS OR RESOURCE CONTROL; GOWON WITH THE COLLUSION OF AWOLOWO DID! 

A few months afterwards, an Igboman Emeka Ojukwu spearheaded the Aburi agreement in which fiscal federalism and even confederation was adopted, but the other Nigerian, including Awolowo and Enahoro kicked against it. That is why fiscal federalism has not been experienced in this nation since then.

In 1972 Gowon and Awolowo proceeded to enact and enforce the Indigenization decree which led to the collapse of the Nigerian economy.
To add insult to the festering injury Olusegun Obasanjo promulgated the Land Use Decree (now Land Use Act) in 29th of March, 1978.

By the provision of the Land Use Decree of 1978, the inhabitants of the oil producing communities were turned into squatters in their own ancestral homes, as land where oil is explored, produced, transported and stored were decreed to belong to the state long after political independence in 1960. The existence and application of the Land Use Act of 1978 contributed to the present state of neglect, under-development and the insecurity of the region.

And for the past 45 years, what have subsequent governments done to repeal the evil laws and entrench true practice of federal system of government? Absolutely nothing!

Ethnomusicolist Charles Keil, who was visiting
Nigeria in 1966, recounted:

"The pogroms I witnessed in Makurdi, Nigeria
(late Sept. 1966) were foreshadowed by
months of intensive anti-Ibo and anti-
Eastern conversations among Tiv, Idoma,
Hausa and other Northerners resident in
Makurdi, and, fitting a pattern replicated in
city after city, the massacres were led by the
Nigerian army. Before, during and after the
slaughter, Col. Gowan could be heard over
the radio issuing 'guarantees of safety' to all
Easterners, all citizens of Nigeria, but the
intent of the soldiers, the only power that
counts in Nigeria now or then, was painfully
clear. After counting the disemboweled
bodies along the Makurdi road I was
escorted back to the city by soldiers who
apologized for the stench and explained
politely that they were doing me and the
world a great favor by eliminating Ibos.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Civil_War

Here's actually an excerpt, albeit it was written by Emeka Esogbue but it is a direct summarization of Emma Okocha books.

"It was this battle that gave birth to Murtala, a “Local champion” called Ibrahim Haruna and Ibrahim Taiwo of the Nigerian Army. Africans first had the practical experience of the word “genocide” in Igbodo where hundreds of lives were lost in the Nigerian civil war. In Isheagu, the case was not different. It was here that the ulterior motive of the Nigerian troop clearly unfolded.

The people were now scampering for the safety of their lives having experienced what happened in Igbodo and some other places. In the Midwestern region, able bodied men went into hiding leaving women and children at the mercy of advancing soldiers. The people of Benin went identifying their Ibo-speaking neighbours from house to house for executions."...

Asaba Oct 7, 1967 Massacre:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEaX9lVVrCM
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by kingzizzy: 7:47pm On Mar 14, 2016
darqly:

It's obvious you've NEVER been to any of these countries you intend to 'import' from. Cameroon ke? We sell our extra rice to Cameroon. And Benin cannot sell what they don't have, no matter how many barrels you promise them. Another scenario- Imagine the present scarcity of forex, compounded with shortages of staples and basic commodities. How much would you buy a measure of imported beans?

All this talk is nonsense. My In-was involved in the importation of Rice years back from faraway Japan. The places to buy food will never run out, infact I think that if there was no Nothern Nigeria, the southern Nigerian Government would probably have used the percentage of Crude oil sales that would have gone to the north to invest into Southern Agriculture
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by codemaniacs: 7:55pm On Mar 14, 2016
sinistermind:

Like I said large scale commercial agriculture. An average southerner prefers building or selling hi piece of land instead of going into agricuture. And besides most youth in the south go into agriculture cos of lack of "whit-collar" jobs, I stand to be corrected.

I know southerners that have large scale farms and have over 20,000 chickens for sale of eggs and chickens.

just because u don't know doesn't mean southerners don't have large scale farms.
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by Standing5(m): 7:56pm On Mar 14, 2016
MrEverest:
So tomatoes, onions & the likes will provide enough money to pay civil servants, build roads & flyovers, import cars, petroleum products etc. Why are they not exporting now? The 10% are even the ones feeding the poor talakawas & almajiris. How big is your IGR which is a pointer to how big your GDP is. The North is simply a baggage of liability weighing us down!
Your ignorance is frigthening. With the rate oil earning is going down the north has it most critical needs met. The south has oil of which, when sold can't handle their feeding as well as the North can feed themselve. Before oil came didn't we tar roads, buy cars, build house and had more food? Oil can dry up anytime. Use ur mind and stop seeing the south as a source.
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by carinmom(f): 7:59pm On Mar 14, 2016
boluwatife66:
@carinmon,reply my PM now. ko kina haushi da ni ne?

Why would i? Bana Jin haushin ka, ya kwana biyu cheesy
Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by 0YorubaParapo0: 8:05pm On Mar 14, 2016
meccuno:
there are more igbos in zambia that your tribe put together in west africa. Even the presidential plane of gambia was orjo uzor kalus plane. Igbos are in every west african state doing business and they are doing just fine. Moreover fake products are for people like you who can't afford original products so deal with it.

There are many Igbos in Zambia....is that the lies radio biafra is telling y'all? grin

1 Like

Re: Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce by econity(m): 8:06pm On Mar 14, 2016
kingzizzy:
Ben Bruce makes me laugh with this postulation. Are the Notherners giving us this food for free? But the Northerers are taking the proceeds of oil for free in the name of 'one Nigeria'. The South does not depend on the north for anything, if there was no Northern Nigeria, us in the South would buy food from other countries like Cameroon,Benin Republic, Ghana etc and life would go on. But if there was no Southern Nigeria, only God knows what would have happend to the North by now.

What you forget is that you don't need foreign currency to buy from the North but if the reverse is the case you'll need foreign currency which is one of the cause of our problem now. Depending on import with less or no expert.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Ibrahim Babangida Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage (Throwback Photo) / Femi Kuti Tells Osinbajo: I Won't Support Buhari At Felabration / Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.