Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,741 members, 7,809,835 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening (186113 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (36) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Christogenesis3(m): 12:54am On Jan 14, 2017
Morning all.....I Am Emmanuel by name and I Am going for my Master of art in theology.... I have been denied visa twins and I have reapplied.

I have a problem... Which is, the date of my appointment is the Same as the date my school is resumming.... is it advisable to go for the interview or not?

Thank u....
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by kokoboy4life(m): 3:06pm On Jan 17, 2017
Hello There, A great job you people are doing on here by July this year will make it 10years that have applied for US Student visa and I was denied on two occasions. I need answers on these questions below

1. Staying 10years to reapply for another student visa hope that won't shorten my chances of been successful in my visa interview.

2. And having no travel experience hope this won't hinder my chances in getting the visa this period.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by eddieifeoluwa: 1:38pm On Feb 07, 2017
Hello VO,

Please i need urgent help me concerning my application,i completed and submitted my application yesterday without uploading a picture with a thought of going along with 2 photos as requested but unfortunately after getting the appointment confirmation in my inbox,it's stated that applicant without photo on their application will not be allow to do the interview,i am a lil bit worried now..Please what can i do?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Godbelove(m): 9:50am On Feb 09, 2017
Good morning VO,

I graduated 2013 with a degree in Psychology but I want to get an Associate degree in human resource management in a community college in US. My sponsor is in the US(citizen). My questions are:

Will my sponsor being a us citizen be contacted during interview?

Will my sponsor's account statement be needed during interview?

Does my work and travel history determines getting my F1 Visa?

Thanks in advance.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by guzzst: 2:58pm On Feb 23, 2017
Hello vo

I recently got an admission in the us,i have 10 yrs work experience and I have travelled to the us s times in the past and still with a valid visa. My wife is doing her masters in us now and my daughter who is an American citizen is with her in the state. How do I convince the vo that I would be returning after my studies since my home tie (wife and daughter) are in the United state of America. I want to further my education to be more relevant in the labour market.....kindly advise if I should say the truth at the interviw or otherwise.....
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by guzzst: 3:14pm On Feb 23, 2017
Hello vo

I recently got an admission in the us,i have 10 yrs work experience and I have travelled to the us 4 times in the past and still with a valid visa. My wife is doing her masters in us now and my daughter who is an American citizen is with her in the state. How do I convince the vo that I would be returning after my studies since my home tie (wife and daughter) are in the United state of America. I want to further my education to be more relevant in the labour market in nigeria.....kindly advise if I should say the truth at the interviw or otherwise.....
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by awoyinfa76: 1:31am On Feb 25, 2017
Dear Vo, Good day, please, ve been admitted to study intensive English program which will transit me to Master of Science in Educational Leadership but on my i-20 my school only indicate intensive English program. My fair now is I don't know what to say if consular ask what benefits this program will do to me. Thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 7:19pm On Feb 25, 2017
Hello guzzst. Your case will be determined comprehensively. The situation you describe is one of a person with strong US ties and of a household where no one has a job to pay for tuition and living expenses.

guzzst:
Hello vo

I recently got an admission in the us,i have 10 yrs work experience and I have travelled to the us 4 times in the past and still with a valid visa. My wife is doing her masters in us now and my daughter who is an American citizen is with her in the state. How do I convince the vo that I would be returning after my studies since my home tie (wife and daughter) are in the United state of America. I want to further my education to be more relevant in the labour market in nigeria.....kindly advise if I should say the truth at the interviw or otherwise.....
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 7:22pm On Feb 25, 2017
Hello awoyinfa76. Nigeria is a predominantly English-speaking country. You are left to explain why you would be paying very pricey tuition to learn something that is readily available at home for free.

awoyinfa76:
Dear Vo, Good day, please, ve been admitted to study intensive English program which will transit me to Master of Science in Educational Leadership but on my i-20 my school only indicate intensive English program. My fair now is I don't know what to say if consular ask what benefits this program will do to me. Thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by deWav: 7:47am On Feb 26, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello awoyinfa76. Nigeria is a predominantly English-speaking country. You are left to explain why you would be paying very pricey tuition to learn something that is readily available at home for free.

ON POINT

1 Like

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Jesusbabygirl(f): 10:00pm On Feb 26, 2017
Dear VO,

I like to seek clarification/your opinion about my situation...
I got admitted to a US school for FALL 2016, with research assistanship which covers about 50% of my tuition. However, because of depreciation in naira against the dollar, I had to defer the admission to FALL 2017 to save up additional funds to cover the other part of my tuition and living expenses.

My husband is currently studying in the US (I am attending his school as well because it is affordable). I applied for a b1 visa August 2016 but was denied (the VO opined that I should have applied for an F2 visa but I explained that I only wanted to visit for 2 weeks and return to my job).

For my study,I will be applying for a study leave if I get a visa. I like to inquire how the denied b1 visa can affect my F1 application. Also, do I need to present a document from my company showing that i will be on a study leave?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Byjerstyk: 3:23pm On Mar 01, 2017
Hello AbujaNIV,
Your assistance on here is prompt and awesome, more grease to your elbow.
I have a question, that i would be so happy is swift reaction can be given;
Pls what's the difference in processing Canada Students Visa and USA students Visa.
If their is more difference pls help me with any alternative way of commencing Canada visa or any referral link to know more of it.
Thanks.
God bless
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 1:36pm On Mar 06, 2017
Byjerstyk,

For assistance with Canadian visas, please look to the Canadian embassy. If you have a specific question about the U.S. student visa, please post it and we will be glad to respond.

Byjerstyk:
Hello AbujaNIV,
I have a question, that i would be so happy is swift reaction can be given;
Pls what's the difference in processing Canada Students Visa and USA students Visa.
If their is more difference pls help me with any alternative way of commencing Canada visa or any referral link to know more of it.
Thanks.
God bless
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 1:41pm On Mar 06, 2017
Jesusbabygirl,

Every time you interview you have a fresh chance to convince the interviewing officer that you meet the visa qualifications. You are not required to bring any documents besides for those required (for a student -- the DS-160, I-20, and SEVIS fee payment receipt) to your interview. Sometimes the interviewing officer may request them, and they may be helpful if you have them; however, most of the time they just detract from the time the officer has to speak with you.
Jesusbabygirl:
Dear VO,

I like to seek clarification/your opinion about my situation...
I got admitted to a US school for FALL 2016, with research assistanship which covers about 50% of my tuition. However, because of depreciation in naira against the dollar, I had to defer the admission to FALL 2017 to save up additional funds to cover the other part of my tuition and living expenses.

My husband is currently studying in the US (I am attending his school as well because it is affordable). I applied for a b1 visa August 2016 but was denied (the VO opined that I should have applied for an F2 visa but I explained that I only wanted to visit for 2 weeks and return to my job).

For my study,I will be applying for a study leave if I get a visa. I like to inquire how the denied b1 visa can affect my F1 application. Also, do I need to present a document from my company showing that i will be on a study leave?.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 1:45pm On Mar 06, 2017
Godbelove,

Your sponsor's account statement is not required, but may be helpful to have in case the interviewing officer asks to see it. More important is for you to be able to explain why this person is sponsoring you, and be able to answer generally how they have the finances to be able to do so. Work and travel history are both factors that officers use to help determine whether or not you meet the visa qualifications.
Godbelove:
Good morning VO,

I graduated 2013 with a degree in Psychology but I want to get an Associate degree in human resource management in a community college in US. My sponsor is in the US(citizen). My questions are:

Will my sponsor being a us citizen be contacted during interview?

Will my sponsor's account statement be needed during interview?

Does my work and travel history determines getting my F1 Visa?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Prince1980(m): 2:08pm On Mar 07, 2017
Hello AbujaNIV,
I have a question, that I would be so happy if swift reaction can be given;
I hold my second degree in Social Work (Professional Qualification) from one of the University in Nigeria, though can't pursue further qualification (PhD) with it, which I so much cherish to have. Subsequently, I applied for Masters in Social Work in one of the recognise University in USA, which the admission has been granted, resumption is Summer 2017. My inquiry, will having another qualification from same degree I hold have a negative impact on my visa application?
Secondly, my International Passport will expire in November 2017, my appointment with US Embassy is 5th May 2017, can I still make use of the same passport to process the visa or I should renew it before I go for interview? Note Please: Nigeria Government will allow a renewal of International Passport if it's less than six months before expiration.

Many Thanks.

God bless.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 2:18pm On Mar 07, 2017
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by harrycool(m): 7:01pm On Mar 07, 2017
Hi abujaniv,

I am currently in the US on an F1 doing an MS program. My wife and daughter are hoping to visit me come June this year.
I am actually confused on whether they apply for a B2 or F2. And these are my concerns:

1. Will she be required to provide proof of sustenance (like my bank Statement; BTW School has issued their F2s) for an F2 visa?

2. I have read some cases where a spouse is denied a B2 because she/he was supposed to apply for an F2, even when his/her intent is not to remain in the US with the spouse?

Thanks for the feedback.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Onedimple: 2:44pm On Mar 08, 2017
Good day @Abujaniv. Please, i have an existing B1/B2 Visa but i am considering applying for my masters in the US next spring, which implies that i have to apply for a F-1 visa. My question is: will the outcome of my F-1 visa application affect the validity of my existing B1/B2 visa? Thanks.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Theelectlady1: 3:01pm On Mar 16, 2017
Hello everyone, dear VO, pls I need your advice. My husband and I plan to go study in Fall 2017 in the US. We both have our admission letter and we also both got partial scholarship. We are attending the same school in New Jersey. so this means that we will both be applying for F1 VISA INDIVIDUALLY and not F1 and F2 visa. What do you advice we do? shd one person apply for F1 while the other apply for F2? or shd we both apply for F1? Do we apply together for F1? or shd we apply individually? What are our chances of getting student visa since we are both going to study.

Also I had my son 1yr and 4 moths ago in the US. My husband and I did NOT take medicare or is it medicade it is called. We pay monthly for my son bill since we gave birth to him but for the last 5 -6 months we have not been able to meet up monthly payment as I lost my job and my husband office has not been consistent with salary. What are our chances as we plan to go to the US embassy to apply for F1?

I have called the hospital several times to ask for a smaller payment plan as I cant meet the previous naymore but they keep saying that they cant help with a smaller fee.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 3:57pm On Mar 16, 2017
The typical educational progression is to go for higher and higher degrees. You are left to explain why you'd want to pursue what is essentially the same level degree in the same field. Passports need at least six months validity for us to put a visa in it.

Prince1980:
Hello AbujaNIV,
I have a question, that I would be so happy if swift reaction can be given;
I hold my second degree in Social Work (Professional Qualification) from one of the University in Nigeria, though can't pursue further qualification (PhD) with it, which I so much cherish to have. Subsequently, I applied for Masters in Social Work in one of the recognise University in USA, which the admission has been granted, resumption is Summer 2017. My inquiry, will having another qualification from same degree I hold have a negative impact on my visa application?
Secondly, my International Passport will expire in November 2017, my appointment with US Embassy is 5th May 2017, can I still make use of the same passport to process the visa or I should renew it before I go for interview? Note Please: Nigeria Government will allow a renewal of International Passport if it's less than six months before expiration.

Many Thanks.

God bless.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 4:00pm On Mar 16, 2017
Hello harrycool. If it's a short visit, the B1/B2 is usually the most appropriate. If they're going to live with you, then the F2 is more appropriate. Every applicant must qualify upon their own merits. Since you are a student and presumably not earning any money right now, it begs the question of how your family will afford their trip.

harrycool:
Hi abujaniv,

I am currently in the US on an F1 doing an MS program. My wife and daughter are hoping to visit me come June this year.
I am actually confused on whether they apply for a B2 or F2. And these are my concerns:

1. Will she be required to provide proof of sustenance (like my bank Statement; BTW School has issued their F2s) for an F2 visa?

2. I have read some cases where a spouse is denied a B2 because she/he was supposed to apply for an F2, even when his/her intent is not to remain in the US with the spouse?

Thanks for the feedback.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 4:01pm On Mar 16, 2017
Hello Onedimple. It is possible to hold more than one type of non-immigrant visa at the same time.

Onedimple:
Good day @Abujaniv. Please, i have an existing B1/B2 Visa but i am considering applying for my masters in the US next spring, which implies that i have to apply for a F-1 visa. My question is: will the outcome of my F-1 visa application affect the validity of my existing B1/B2 visa? Thanks.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 4:02pm On Mar 16, 2017
Hello Theelectlady1. If you both plan to be students, you both need F1 visas. If both of you are students and not earning money, it begs the question of who is paying for the education and living expenses for the family. We don't discuss chances on this forum.

Theelectlady1:
Hello everyone, dear VO, pls I need your advice. My husband and I plan to go study in Fall 2017 in the US. We both have our admission letter and we also both got partial scholarship. We are attending the same school in New Jersey. so this means that we will both be applying for F1 VISA INDIVIDUALLY and not F1 and F2 visa. What do you advice we do? shd one person apply for F1 while the other apply for F2? or shd we both apply for F1? Do we apply together for F1? or shd we apply individually? What are our chances of getting student visa since we are both going to study.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by omegainterior: 11:02am On Mar 17, 2017
Hello AbujaNIV, good job you are doing up here, God bless u richly. Pls here is my case: I was denied a visiting visa April 2016, and I'm now planning on studying interior designing course in d US to help my career. I have been working as an interior designer for 9yrs now, owing a registered company in the same field. Pls I will like to know if I can sponsor myself,using my company bank statement of account. A friend in the US is helping with the admission. Thank you in anticipation
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 12:03pm On Mar 17, 2017
Greetings omegainterior. Student visa applicants must demonstrate the same sort of ties to their home country that apply to B1/B2 applicants. We ask questions to ascertain the student's ability to fund their education, be it through scholarship, personal savings, or some other source. Proper business accounting would segregate the company's money and any due to the owners. A company's accounts typically go to pay salaries, buy inventory, pay taxes, etc. Does it make sense that all of those resources would be liquidated to fund one person's tuition?

omegainterior:
Hello AbujaNIV, good job you are doing up here, God bless u richly. Pls here is my case: I was denied a visiting visa April 2016, and I'm now planning on studying interior designing course in d US to help my career. I have been working as an interior designer for 9yrs now, owing a registered company in the same field. Pls I will like to know if I can sponsor myself,using my company bank statement of account. A friend in the US is helping with the admission. Thank you in anticipation
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by omegainterior: 5:17pm On Mar 17, 2017
abujaniv:
Greetings omegainterior. Student visa applicants must demonstrate the same sort of ties to their home country that apply to B1/B2 applicants. We ask questions to ascertain the student's ability to fund their education, be it through scholarship, personal savings, or some other source. Proper business accounting would segregate the company's money and any due to the owners. A company's accounts typically go to pay salaries, buy inventory, pay taxes, etc. Does it make sense that all of those resources would be liquidated to fund one person's tuition?

That's a very good point Abujaniv, thanks a lot for ur usual response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (36)

Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Adventure In Ireland / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.