Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening (186130 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (36) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by visionphemy: 6:26pm On Aug 07, 2017
thanks abujaniv,
i want to know if i can use my ds160 with abuja as the embassy choice in lagos embassy where i just want to do the interview.what can i do if no is the answer.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by visionphemy: 7:09pm On Aug 07, 2017
abujaniv please reply.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by visionphemy: 7:58pm On Aug 07, 2017
lagosniv please comment thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by visionphemy: 8:48pm On Aug 07, 2017
Can I use ds 160 where I chose abuja embassy to attend an interview I scheduled in lagos consulate
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by herrlicher: 11:24am On Aug 08, 2017
Hello VO
I am an f1 applicant. Did my interview at the US embassy Lagos consulate on 1st of August 2017.
Was handed a white paper which was marked "administrative processing". The VO told me I will be contacted in due course.
I was surely contacted 2says after with series of security questions which I was told in the email to answer with proofs attached before further adjudicating my visa application.
I did answer with required proofs and later got another mail the next day that my mail was received and forwarded to CGI for processing that I will be contacted once they are done..
My concern is that my lecture is resuming next week 16th August and am yet to get their feedback.
Any hope of getting their response in other to meet up with my program.
I am travelling for a graduate certificate program at Arkansas.
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 10:13pm On Aug 08, 2017
Hello herrlicher. We can not give any timeline for how long administrative processing will take. We obviously try to resolve it as soon as possible, especially for students. In this situation, you held off getting a visa until very late in the process, so now you will have to deal with the consequences of that. We always advise prospective travellers to start the visa process well in advance, say three months, of their travel date. You may have to get a revised I-20 or a letter from the school authorizing late entry into the US.

herrlicher:
Hello VO
I am an f1 applicant. Did my interview at the US embassy Lagos consulate on 1st of August 2017.
Was handed a white paper which was marked "administrative processing". The VO told me I will be contacted in due course.
I was surely contacted 2says after with series of security questions which I was told in the email to answer with proofs attached before further adjudicating my visa application.
I did answer with required proofs and later got another mail the next day that my mail was received and forwarded to CGI for processing that I will be contacted once they are done..
My concern is that my lecture is resuming next week 16th August and am yet to get their feedback.
Any hope of getting their response in other to meet up with my program.
I am travelling for a graduate certificate program at Arkansas.
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by man105(m): 2:47am On Aug 09, 2017
Good morning, abjniv...my enquiry goes thus: pls can u explain to me on terms and conditions of the extension letter from the school,I need clarification pls...thanks.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by justsaypie: 11:30am On Aug 09, 2017
Hello AbujaNIV

I have a question to ask, is it possible that your visa is denied after you have gotten the white paper and asked to come back in 3 days to pick your passport?
I was chatting with a friend last night and he was explaining to me that someone he knows was denied after getting the white paper from the embassy, reason was that the 'VO/Embassy checked the documents he submitted with the school during his application and discovered that he submitted a fake account statement'...
I have a hard time believing this but I need to be sure and confirm if this possible/true.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 1:41pm On Aug 09, 2017
Hello justsaypie. Yes, it is possible, and it does happen. If at any time fraud or some other misdeed is discovered, the visa can be denied or revoked. The US visa process is not focused on documents, but when we ask for them, we do check into them. If they are discovered to be fraudulent, the application will be denied, and the applicant may have a permanent ban applied to them for misrepresentation.

justsaypie:
Hello AbujaNIV

I have a question to ask, is it possible that your visa is denied after you have gotten the white paper and asked to come back in 3 days to pick your passport?
I was chatting with a friend last night and he was explaining to me that someone he knows was denied after getting the white paper from the embassy, reason was that the 'VO/Embassy checked the documents he submitted with the school during his application and discovered that he submitted a fake account statement'...
I have a hard time believing this but I need to be sure and confirm if this possible/true.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 1:43pm On Aug 09, 2017
Hello man105. This is between you and the school. The bottom line is that you can not enter the US after the start date on the I-20.

man105:
Good morning, abjniv...my enquiry goes thus: pls can u explain to me on terms and conditions of the extension letter from the school,I need clarification pls...thanks.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Fenix: 2:10pm On Aug 09, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello man105. This is between you and the school. The bottom line is that you can not enter the US after the start date on the I-20.

Please in the event your visa was approved but you will not be able to travel until after the start date on your I-20, would you have to request a new I-20 and apply for a new visa?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by oslove: 7:48pm On Aug 09, 2017
Hello sir I want to know how can i pay my SEVIS fee with receipt been given because I was told by some person's that I can not pay SEVIS from Nigeria? Pls sir educate me on what to do. Thank you.

Alot of person's are saying I cannot pay SEVIS FEE from Nigeria. Pls sir educate me on what to do and how to go about it?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Simeonarome: 8:28pm On Aug 09, 2017
Hello Niv
I just went for an f1 visa interview and I applied together with my dad who applied for a b1/B2 visa and we were supposed to attend the interview together . The thing is my dad was not able to attend because the Barcode on the appointment form had an error. Anyways, I attended the interview alone I answered the questions well, and gave truthful answers but I was denied. I just want to ask 2 things
1. Is it possible to be denied because I didn't come with my dad who was to sponsor my education and accompany me to the trip. Because the consular asked who my sponsor was and where he works which I answered, but he didn't ask for evidence
2. Or could it be because I finished secondary school in 2014 and when he asked what have been doing the past three years I told him that I have been applying to Nigerian schools but I didn't get my desired course. (which is very true)
Please I want to know if it's possible for an applicant to be denied based on this circumstances
Thank you...
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 10:19pm On Aug 09, 2017
Talk to your school. You may request that they issue you another I-20 with a later date or a letter authorizing a late start. If you show up for a visa interview on, say, Aug. 11 and the start date of your classes is Aug. 12, we are not going to issue the visa. There is no way you can make it in time, and you'll likely be turned around by CBP. That's not good for anyone.

Fenix:

Please in the event your visa was approved but you will not be able to travel until after the start date on your I-20, would you have to request a new I-20 and apply for a new visa?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 10:24pm On Aug 09, 2017
Hello oslove. Your school should really be walking you through this process. If it isn't, then it probably is not very strong at accommodating international students. We process dozens of student visas everyday in Nigeria, so clearly the SEVIS payments can be made from this country.

oslove:
Hello sir I want to know how can i pay my SEVIS fee with receipt been given because I was told by some person's that I can not pay SEVIS from Nigeria? Pls sir educate me on what to do. Thank you.

Alot of person's are saying I cannot pay SEVIS FEE from Nigeria. Pls sir educate me on what to do and how to go about it?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 10:35pm On Aug 09, 2017
Hello Simeonarome. It is possible to be entirely truthful in an interview and still be denied a visa. But at least you will not be disqualified in future applications for dishonesty--which unfortunately is all too common. We're not going to get into the specifics of your case or any others on this forum.

Simeonarome:
Hello Niv
I just went for an f1 visa interview and I applied together with my dad who applied for a b1/B2 visa and we were supposed to attend the interview together . The thing is my dad was not able to attend because the Barcode on the appointment form had an error. Anyways, I attended the interview alone I answered the questions well, and gave truthful answers but I was denied. I just want to ask 2 things
1. Is it possible to be denied because I didn't come with my dad who was to sponsor my education and accompany me to the trip. Because the consular asked who my sponsor was and where he works which I answered, but he didn't ask for evidence
2. Or could it be because I finished secondary school in 2014 and when he asked what have been doing the past three years I told him that I have been applying to Nigerian schools but I didn't get my desired course. (which is very true)
Please I want to know if it's possible for an applicant to be denied based on this circumstances
Thank you...
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Simeonarome: 10:53pm On Aug 09, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Simeonarome. It is possible to be entirely truthful in an interview and still be denied a visa. But at least you will not be disqualified in future applications for dishonesty--which unfortunately is all too common. We're not going to get into the specifics of your case or any others on this forum.

OK so please can you give the minimum amount of days interval that must be between the appointment date and the schools resumption time so as not to get denied
PLS an estimate would do
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by man105(m): 11:03pm On Aug 09, 2017
Ok..thank u for the response, so u mean wen issued a visa,and has already gotten an extension letter from the school,one can't still go with the new date on the extension letter? Keeping the i20 as back up....pls I need an advice based on this.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by visionphemy: 6:36am On Aug 10, 2017
please be informed that if you fill a ds 160 location as abj you can use it book for interview in lagos i have leant the hard way. i don't want any other to fall into the pit. i asked the niv but no response i guess they were too busy.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 7:38am On Aug 10, 2017
We always advise applicants to seek their visa well in advance of their intended travel. Many wise students interviewed in May and June so they had their visa already settled before starting classes in August. In the best of circumstances, it takes two-three working days to print and return a visa after a successful interview. If some administrative processing is required, it can take longer.

Simeonarome:

OK so please can you give the minimum amount of days interval that must be between the appointment date and the schools resumption time so as not to get denied
PLS an estimate would do
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Amakyzuu: 10:31am On Aug 10, 2017
Good morning VO.
My sister (15) just had her interview in Lagos. Her visa application was neither approved nor denied. The white sheet states that they need to do some administrative processing. The VO returned her passport to her. From her visa status online page it says she will be contacted if there is a decision. Is is possible to get an approval without her passport since the VO handed it back to her?
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 4:12pm On Aug 10, 2017
Hello Amakyzuu. Don't focus on the color of the paper; read what the letter says.

Amakyzuu:
Good morning VO.
My sister (15) just had her interview in Lagos. Her visa application was neither approved nor denied. The white sheet states that they need to do some administrative processing. The VO returned her passport to her. From her visa status online page it says she will be contacted if there is a decision. Is is possible to get an approval without her passport since the VO handed it back to her?
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Simeonarome: 9:09pm On Aug 10, 2017
Hello Vo
Please can an applicants sponsor use landed properties as an evidence of ability to meet the financial needs.
I mean land documents for land that us about to be sold pending the approval of visa
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by WillyWest: 1:08pm On Aug 11, 2017
Dear Sir,

I went for my F1 VISA interview on July 13th (13/7/2017) and was handed a yellow paper to come back with some additional documents as my application requires ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING. I submitted the requested documents along with my passport at the DHL pickup point on July 21th (21/7/2017). I still haven't received a reply from the Embassy as regards my visa.

Meanwhile orientation and Class starts 18th and 21st August respectively which is barely a week away.

Please what are the chances of me getting my VISA before start of classes and what advice will you give me regarding this issue?

Case Number - AA00722A6E

Thank you in anticipation of your reply.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
Hello Simeonarome -

You just need to prove the ability to pay for school. I leave it to you to determine how you want to provide that proof. Bear in mind that if you intend to use something other than readily available funds to make that proof, you'll also need to convince the VO that you'll be able to convert the asset into readily available funds.

Simeonarome:
Hello Vo
Please can an applicants sponsor use landed properties as an evidence of ability to meet the financial needs.
I mean land documents for land that us about to be sold pending the approval of visa

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 11, 2017
Hello WillyWest -

We get through administrative processing cases as quickly as we can. Sometimes they can be resolved in a few days, sometimes they can take much longer. I apologize that I am not able to offer any firm estimate as to when your case may be adjudicated.

WillyWest:
Dear Sir,

I went for my F1 VISA interview on July 13th (13/7/2017) and was handed a yellow paper to come back with some additional documents as my application requires ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING. I submitted the requested documents along with my passport at the DHL pickup point on July 21th (21/7/2017). I still haven't received a reply from the Embassy as regards my visa.

Meanwhile orientation and Class starts 18th and 21st August respectively which is barely a week away.

Please what are the chances of me getting my VISA before start of classes and what advice will you give me regarding this issue?

Case Number - AA00722A6E

Thank you in anticipation of your reply.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Fenix: 5:22pm On Aug 11, 2017
Dear VO.

I was also informed that my application had to undergo administrative processing. However i was not told to bring any documents to back up my application, only that it was undergoing administrative processing. Is this unusual? Should I have asked the VO if she needed additional proof?

Thank you!
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 11, 2017
Hello Fenix -

Applications can be refused under 221g for many reasons, sometimes it is used when we need the applicant to provide further information or documents, sometimes it is used when we need to do additional administrative processing at the Embassy or Consulate. Pay attention to the portions of the 221g letter which were marked by the VO who gave it to you. We use the same letter no matter what the reason is for the 221g, and we mark the reasons which are applicable to your case. If your letter does not direct you to provide additional information then none is required from you.

Fenix:
Dear VO.

I was also informed that my application had to undergo administrative processing. However i was not told to bring any documents to back up my application, only that it was undergoing administrative processing. Is this unusual? Should I have asked the VO if she needed additional proof?

Thank you!
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Fenix: 7:37am On Aug 13, 2017
LagosNIV:
Hello Fenix -

Applications can be refused under 221g for many reasons, sometimes it is used when we need the applicant to provide further information or documents, sometimes it is used when we need to do additional administrative processing at the Embassy or Consulate. Pay attention to the portions of the 221g letter which were marked by the VO who gave it to you. We use the same letter no matter what the reason is for the 221g, and we mark the reasons which are applicable to your case. If your letter does not direct you to provide additional information then none is required from you.

Hello.

Thank you for your response. I guess what worries me is the length of time it might take to complete the process. My passport was not returned to me and on the sheet of paper given it states that the process can take up to 60 days. This is of concern to me, to have my passport held for that amount of time.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 13, 2017
Fenix -

We get through administrative processing cases as quickly as we can. Sometimes they can be resolved in a few days, sometimes they can take much longer. I apologize that I am not able to offer any firm estimate as to when your case may be adjudicated. If you need your passport for other travel while your application is undergoing administrative processing, please contact lagosNIV@state.gov and we can likely return it to you. If your application is ultimately approved then you will need to submit your passport again for the visa to be printed.

Fenix:

Hello.

Thank you for your response. I guess what worries me is the length of time it might take to complete the process. My passport was not returned to me and on the sheet of paper given it states that the process can take up to 60 days. This is of concern to me, to have my passport held for that amount of time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (36)

Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Adventure In Ireland / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.