Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

When You Do Not Love Him Enough - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When You Do Not Love Him Enough (28683 Views)

Female Pastor In UK: "I Am Marrying A Nigerian Because Of Money, Not Love" / Ladies Must Stop Doing These Things It's Abomination Not Love / I Love Him But He's A Barber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by olac21(m): 7:05am On Mar 16, 2016
pinkpebbles:
Hes not cute. Buh he is nice

Dnt mind that fool!is being cute a pre-requisite for marriage?ask yourself maam and do not be misled by the unwholy pieces of advice you get here!my take is you should give him more time!
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by olac21(m): 7:14am On Mar 16, 2016
pinkpebbles:
Hmmm, abi sad

My intuition tells me that you do not love the guy cos he isn't cute!guess am right?but again,do not follow that girls stupid advice.she's being running her mouth here of recent.
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by tunex11(m): 7:22am On Mar 16, 2016
pinkpebbles:
If you do not love a man enough to marry him, can you go ahead and marry him hoping you would love him later or u shud call it quits?

¢¥€ ©®® <|¬«¢{÷\ ¥¢¤¤ ¶¬«» ™<¿
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by pinkpebbles(f): 7:31am On Mar 16, 2016
Lol. Ok. I wont follow her advice. Thnks smiley
olac21:

My intuition tells me that you do not love the guy cos he isn't cute!guess am right?but again,do not follow that girls stupid advice.she's being running her mouth here of recent.
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by AfroKnight: 2:50am On Mar 31, 2016
Smellymouth:
I think love is overrated undecided.  If I share the same faith with her, she is homely, a great mother ,we love many of the same things, share the same views about the direction of our future, have the same goals, etc. 
A great woman makes a great partner. I dont know how many times I have seen men put up with CRAP simply because, "I love her." "What do you love about him?"  "I dont know, I just love him."  Love is not needed for marriage.  But respect is.  Also I recommend men marry women on their intellectual and motherly level.

Word. It couldn't have been said any better.

2 Likes

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by Smellymouth: 6:52am On Mar 31, 2016
Lalasticlala, pls come and share your views grin
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by dyn1800: 9:57am On Mar 31, 2016
You're the best person to advice yourself......just follow your heart

pinkpebbles:
If you do not love a man enough to marry him, can you go ahead and marry him hoping you would love him later or u shud call it quits?
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by Arsenate(m): 9:57am On Mar 31, 2016
Op is a kid. Probably in her early twenties. Nativity and indecision written all over her posts

2 Likes

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by sheunsheun(m): 9:58am On Mar 31, 2016
Yea, provided the man really loves you. I will always say, it is better for a lady 2 marry a man who loves her than d oda way round, in time you will love him. cool

3 Likes

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by sod09(m): 9:58am On Mar 31, 2016
No...i will never let any lady marry me outta pity or intention of growing in love
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by braxjay(m): 10:01am On Mar 31, 2016
OP answer these questions
is he rich ?
does he spend on you freely ?
does he love you ?
does he make you happy ?

if yes MARRY O before Nkechi take over. many are waiting to be called MRS since 1970 to date. ( love can Grow over time)

BUT have it at the back of your mind THAT ..............

most men cheat at least 90% (marriage wont change that ) just pray he respects you well enough to hide it
there are always girls out there to hustle for your hubby ( in this world, men will run out of money chasing women, but never run out of women chasing men with money)
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by emmykk(m): 10:02am On Mar 31, 2016
pinkpebbles:
love grow everyday...normally it should be that you ought to like him,it is little by little that you later love him.

young people talk of love in the sense that he should be handsome.

go ahead and marry him,provide r he lives you
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by Acidosis(m): 10:02am On Mar 31, 2016
The danger of marrying someone you don't love enough is that you will easily cheat on them. smiley

Of course, two people, (acquaintances) can live together for 1000 years without necessarily "loving" each other, but you need total love to survive some storms.

When he goes broke, ahaha! You'd freely walk away! A woman who loves her man won't. See I have seen true love (the type they call Ruth Abobaku! This type of woman can give her life for her hubby).

Without love, I won't marry. It is better to love yourself only and remain single, than move in with a man you don't love or admire (at least). That's a big disaster.

I envy the lucky man you'd end up falling in love with after marrying this nice man to escape spinster-hood.

Do you want to spend the rest of your life calling and thinking about another man while eating and making love with your hubby? Don't do it! Challenges would come, and you need LOVE to overcome such.

3 Likes

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by corporate2016: 10:02am On Mar 31, 2016
[quote author=pinkpebbles post=43795211]If you do not love a man enough to marry him, can you go ahead and marry him hoping you would love him later or u shud call it quits?[/quote pls don't marry him
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by femi4: 10:04am On Mar 31, 2016
pinkpebbles:
i ll go ahead if we are compatible, beauty fades and love can grow with time

2 Likes

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by MadCow1: 10:04am On Mar 31, 2016
pinkpebbles:

FRANKLY SPEAKING: Don't do it..

Its possible for love to grow afterward if both parties are willing to make it work and put in the effort to be sensitive towards each others emotions.

But where that does no happen, you are stuck. The love would die out fast. You will find yourself in a constant state of unhappiness and may get depressed fast. This can lead to so many bad things including assault, divorce and even murder. The role of love and friendship in a marriage can never be understated.

1 Like

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by valeno(m): 10:04am On Mar 31, 2016
police question!!!!!!
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by Lexusgs430: 10:04am On Mar 31, 2016
pinkpebbles:

Love and marriage are complimentary inputs. Without initial Love, why marry?
Is the marriage out of desperation or biological clocks battery about to run out or other reasons?
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by Mekzmoney(m): 10:05am On Mar 31, 2016
U don't manage a man or woman in marriage, or u wud end up in divorce or cheating.... So beta beware.
LuveU2:
I can manage him if he is cute
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by jericco1(m): 10:05am On Mar 31, 2016
pinkpebbles:
Thnk you for your very meaningful response. I would take it into advisement
take it into advisement at ur own peril
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 31, 2016
LuveU2:
What is character without beauty

Nahh, What's beauty without character :-)

1 Like

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by mrkel(m): 10:07am On Mar 31, 2016
Funny you!!

LuveU2:
I can manage him if he is cute
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by danjay22: 10:07am On Mar 31, 2016
pinkpebbles:
Luv isn't somtin u fake.Go wit ur heart,know where ur heart lies else u wil regret ever getting married.
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by demarc001: 10:07am On Mar 31, 2016
pinkpebbles:
Thnk you for your very meaningful response. I would take it into advisement

Lol "into advisement" (the tyrant)
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by byvan03: 10:07am On Mar 31, 2016
No, I will not marry him and hope to love him later. I have to be drunk in love to promise for better for worse. If it doesn't feel right, don't do it. Get married to the one you really want to be with.
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by Waskolo(m): 10:07am On Mar 31, 2016
pinkpebbles:
Love grows, it depends on how you water it

1 Like

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by Patented: 10:08am On Mar 31, 2016
the 1st part of your statement contains the key to answer to your question na!! na quit
pinkpebbles:
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by awesomeboi(m): 10:12am On Mar 31, 2016
u can talk to him by letting him knw wat u like and doing it for u
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by Mekzmoney(m): 10:13am On Mar 31, 2016
always be optimistic and don't be persimistic, miss.... Help urself.
pinkpebbles:
Yeaa, I would giv it time. Buh If I dont feel dt fire, shud I leave?
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by Mekzmoney(m): 10:13am On Mar 31, 2016
always be optimistic and don't be persimistic, miss.... Help urself.
pinkpebbles:
Yeaa, I would giv it time. Buh If I dont feel dt fire, shud I leave?
Try n build d love.

1 Like

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by atuanso: 10:13am On Mar 31, 2016
Smellymouth:
I think love is overrated undecided.  If I share the same faith with her, she is homely, a great mother ,we love many of the same things, share the same views about the direction of our future, have the same goals, etc. 
A great woman makes a great partner. I dont know how many times I have seen men put up with CRAP simply because, "I love her." "What do you love about him?"  "I dont know, I just love him."  Love is not needed for marriage.  But respect is.  Also I recommend men marry women on their intellectual and motherly level.

apologies for quoting u. all though we need someone who is compatible with us, we should not forget that this too is quiet hard to find. think about it this way, everyone who is tired from a days jobs , wish they can come home to a nice cooked meal ready. however sometimes, we just have to get to the market and prepare our meal over. my point is that everyone must increase their capacity to tolerate and accommodate one another in other to maximize each others potential. we cant always expect things to be ready as when we want.

and NO love is not overrate.
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by yemicoal(m): 10:14am On Mar 31, 2016
pinkpebbles:
Before love comes in Mutual respect and trust comes first. Once this two are present in your relationship trust me hun you are good to go. There is nothing called 'Love enough' Love is Love

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Funny Photos: Val Escape Plans / Men, Why Do You Cheat On Your Partner? / Will She Kill Me If I Dont Marry Her? 9yrs No Be Beans O!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.