Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

When You Do Not Love Him Enough - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When You Do Not Love Him Enough (28682 Views)

Female Pastor In UK: "I Am Marrying A Nigerian Because Of Money, Not Love" / Ladies Must Stop Doing These Things It's Abomination Not Love / I Love Him But He's A Barber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by Mekzmoney(m): 10:15am On Mar 31, 2016
They are 2 difrnt tins dear.
LuveU2:
What is character without beauty
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by Jacko01: 10:17am On Mar 31, 2016
If he has money give him a try.... B4 u get old oh
Many ppl are in marriages that there is no love between lik dat.... And funny enough their marriages work
Its good if love is the foundation ..... But hey if you must get married weigh the pros n marry

1 Like

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by rudebouy: 10:17am On Mar 31, 2016
pinkpebbles:
Yeaa, I would giv it time. Buh If I dont feel dt fire, shud I leave?

You dont marry based on how you feel. You marry based on what you KNOW abt the other person. So, wot do you know abt the fellow dat wants to marry u?

1 Like

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 31, 2016
VickyRotex:
I'm a Nigerian. So I'm answering your question with a question.

How do you know the quantity of love "enough" to marry a Man?

PS: I learnt it takes morethan loving a Spouse to say
"I do"

When every other thing is available except enough money to make the love really quantifiable. undecidedjust saying
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 31, 2016
pinkpebbles:
If you do not love a man enough to marry him, can you go ahead and marry him hoping you would love him later or u shud call it quits?
really don't make a mistake you will regret soon but from experience you could court him for like a year to see how it grows(love).
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by Dom2020: 10:19am On Mar 31, 2016
it's not all about love, but understanding and trust

1 Like

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by AdeniyiA(m): 10:20am On Mar 31, 2016
When they're still below 26 they'd be playing cards and picky with settling down until they get to desperate age bracket... undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by chimauk(m): 10:20am On Mar 31, 2016
Make me sef mumu small... Today is my bday. Show a brother some love with likes grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by tiredface: 10:21am On Mar 31, 2016
LoveU2, WHAT A CHILDISH RESPONSE, THAT JUST SHOWS YA REAL AGE, NOT TALKING ABOUT YA CHRONOLOGICAL AGE.
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by guyXander(m): 10:22am On Mar 31, 2016
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by schumastic(m): 10:23am On Mar 31, 2016
LuveU2:
I can manage him if he is cute

make fine boys no kill u o
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 31, 2016
Smellymouth:

The very thing that ignites passion is friction and instability. Once again, look at your past. Passion is usually brief, intense and rocky. Comfort, on the other hand, tends to be softer and more nurturing.

Comfort, therefore, is not nearly as exciting, but it tends to last longer. Studies say that passion usually dissipates in 18-24 months. Which is why people who expect their passion to last for 40 years, in essence, are trying to defy the laws of nature.

In marriage, you’re not making a decision for the next six months. You’re making a decision that’ll last the next 30 years. And just like one might choose different career paths for passion or comfort, people choose partners for similar reasons.

Your advice isn't so smelly. Great advice by the way

1 Like

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by skylowlow: 10:25am On Mar 31, 2016
If you can't love me now
Don't love me later
When my later is much greater
It only proves that she love di paper
My paper
If you can't love me now
Don't love me later
When my later is much greater
Cuz me nuh want no impersonator
For my paper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpwIfdDDcGU
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by yunnyp(m): 10:32am On Mar 31, 2016
pinkpebbles:
Hes not cute. Buh he is nice
Don't follow LuveU2 advise ooo...
i think u know what is better for your future....
#bewisemydear
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by yunnyp(m): 10:33am On Mar 31, 2016
pinkpebbles:
Don't follow LuveU2 advise ooo...
i think u know what is better for your future....
#bewisemydear
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by yunnyp(m): 10:34am On Mar 31, 2016
LuveU2:

Please lady, can u tell me what is beauty?
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by alizma: 10:39am On Mar 31, 2016
pls move aside and let him choose someone else.
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by eeewise(m): 10:42am On Mar 31, 2016
What the heart doesn't long for my dear don't force on the body.that u are on this forum is a proove there is something amiss . stay long with him to see if d fire develops else DONT FORCE IT!
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by ayusco85(m): 10:43am On Mar 31, 2016
Smellymouth:
I think love is overrated undecided.  If I share the same faith with her, she is homely, a great mother ,we love many of the same things, share the same views about the direction of our future, have the same goals, etc. 
A great woman makes a great partner. I dont know how many times I have seen men put up with CRAP simply because, "I love her." "What do you love about him?"  "I dont know, I just love him."  Love is not needed for marriage.  But respect is.  Also I recommend men marry women on their intellectual and motherly level.

Whr the meme to support ur comment? I bet u ve ran out of memes grin
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by Wowzer(m): 10:45am On Mar 31, 2016
The only true love is unconditional love. That from God to man. Agape Love. Doesn't exist between men, in relationships or marriages.

Any other "love" is conditional and not true love. This type is common between men...in marriages, relationships and within families.

If a woman or man says: " I just love him for no reason" that's a big fat lie. Deep down there is a reason.

Sometimes people mistake bonding for love or when they are fond of someone. Often times, most so called love is infatuations.

In summary, Love between two persons is conditional love. Subject to fade at anytime or wax stronger. Meaning it fluctuates. Love is overrated.

Op: Love shouldn't be the main criteria for marriage. Cos what you think is love might not be love.

2 Likes

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by vickie1900(f): 10:49am On Mar 31, 2016
are any of you advising her even Married? pinkpebbles, don’t marry a man you dont love hoping love will grow In the marriage.... love might not grow In marriage 50% of the time.... instead you will get irritated with your husband anytime you see him... when you get Married, reality sets In... your eyes will become wide opened and you will ask yourself 'who send me message'.... It’s the love you had for him before marriage that will keep you going..... #talkingfromexperience....

1 Like

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by andyanders: 10:49am On Mar 31, 2016
pinkpebbles:
If you do not love a man enough to marry him, can you go ahead and marry him hoping you would love him later or u shud call it quits?

Listen, the taste of friendship is not the taste of marriage.

From your statement, ' If you do not Love a man enough to marry him' is something that is very deep in the sense that love cannot be built on management. Let me manage him and see if I can manage to develope love is just the worst thing anybody can do. Never marry out of sympathy because of what he was doing for your in the past.
You can see a man and love him because of his looks or money without considering so many other vital issues that relates to having to spend the rest of your life with this person at the back of your mind.

You love this handsome man but he has very bad attitude in terms of his anger of his unfaithfulness and you still want to manage those aspects of his life wouldn't help you.

Never marry a man you never loved because of the help he has given you in the past. Never marry a man because of his looks and money.

Only establish love first, consider the aspect of his weakness you can handle, consider if both of you can build a life based on your financial status, consider the kind of background he is coming from if your family and his can accept you guys based on our African culture.

Consider the above first, before accepting to say 'I Do'

1 Like

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by Smellymouth: 10:52am On Mar 31, 2016
ayusco85:

Whr the meme to support ur comment? I bet u ve ran out of memes grin

Bros check again

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by omoharry(f): 10:57am On Mar 31, 2016
pinkpebbles:
Yeaa, I would giv it time. Buh If I dont feel dt fire, shud I leave?

certain things will make you know if you are likely to love him later or not..

Are you happy in his presence?
Do you miss him when he is not around you?
Calling him; is it like a kind of duty to you or you cant help but hear his voice
Do you get irritated easily by him over little things he does
In your mind; Are you at peace with yourself and him in future?
Is he the first person you always inform about event in your life?
when he kisses you..do you endure the kiss or you enjoy it..
These and many more will make you know if you like the person before you can start talking about love which usually comes as times goes by.

1 Like

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by Mbkite(m): 10:57am On Mar 31, 2016
pinkpebbles:

My dear Love is a decision. Decide to Love him.... QED!

1 Like

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 31, 2016
pinkpebbles:
Again, I see ur reasons. And as a young lady that wants to get into marriage, you guys are ar confusin me. sad

If you have doubts then you shouldnt be getting married to him simple.

How would u feel or behave to ur partner if you find out he is just managing you.....

Why do u think women cheat too? U think you wont cheat on him if after marriage u find a man who sweeps u off ur feet?

Just let the guy know that you dont love him enough and you cant deny it.... Marriage is not by force madam. Even those people with the "fire" loose it after living together for long talkless of that which didnt have any to start with.
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by neocortex: 11:03am On Mar 31, 2016
Ray360:

Bro, Do you know that passion-seasoned love is actually the rationale behind some people sticking with a partner despite the partner's many shortcomings? When you love someone passionately, infinitesimal wrongs and even mammoth wrongs are played down and overlooked. Not because the person is too fragile to walk away, but because there is a deeper part of that person that is rooted in the other party. the passion you described that fades in month is mere infatuation. when it comes to true and refined love, The passion burns like an inferno which cannot be tamed easily.

Passion is temporal , that is a fact.

Only pragmatic consideration counts for long term relationship.

One will think couples who are "in love" with each other and
have being together for years before getting married will have
the greatest stability in marriage, but that appears not to be
the case in reality.

1 Like

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by slam7000(m): 11:06am On Mar 31, 2016
pinkpebbles:
Again, I see ur reasons. And as a young lady that wants to get into marriage, you guys are ar confusin me. sad

Ask yourself this, have you ever quarrelled with him? Have you ever had intense disagreement with him? How did you react? How did he react?How did you make up? How long did it take for you to make up? Who initiated the making up?

Do you see him as someone you are very comfortable to be with? If he loses his job or struggles financially, how would you see him? Are your visions in line with his? How aggressive is he? If he shouts, can you calm him down? If you shout or bang the phone in him, how does he react? Are you comfortable with his family? Is he comfortable with yours?

Are you two sexually compatible?

Don't accept any marriage proposal out of sympathy. If you don't love him, don't accept that engagement ring.

1 Like

Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by Firstlieutenant(m): 11:10am On Mar 31, 2016
LuveU2:

Na the good character itself be the beauty. Coconut head!
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 31, 2016
pinkpebbles:

Has he 4k you before ?
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by Youngpo413: 11:18am On Mar 31, 2016
pinkpebbles:
What stops the lady from marrying the man she loves? I don't think its a big deal.
Re: When You Do Not Love Him Enough by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 31, 2016
Arsenate:
Op is a kid. Probably in her early twenties. Nativity and indecision written all over her posts

you deserve one crate of orijin! cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Gets DM From The Girlfriend Of Man Who Uses Her As His Screen Saver / Funny Photos: Val Escape Plans / Men, Why Do You Cheat On Your Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.