Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

He Cares About Football More Than Me. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Cares About Football More Than Me. (2573 Views)

5 Simple Signs To Know When A Guy No Longer Cares About You: / Who Cares More About The partner's Look?, Ladies Or Guys / 5 Ways To Know He Cares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Cares About Football More Than Me. by SamMilla1(m): 8:52am On Jul 22, 2009
I’m in my twenties and live with my 30-year old boyfriend. He has a good job and pays almost all the bills. I work in a bank and work on Saturdays as well. On Saturdays, my boyfriend’s close friends come around to the house to watch sports and leave the flat looking like a dump.

When I arrived home last Saturday, they were all watching football and there were dirty plates, cigarette stubs and beer bottles all over the place. I lost my temper and switched the TV off and my guy got really pissed off.

He tried to grab the remote control and I ended up falling down in an unflattering heap on the floor. Then I started crying and they all left to go to one of the guys’ flat to continue watching the match.

We haven’t spoken to each other because of the incident and I don’t know where our relationship is going. I can’t put up with his unfeeling behaviour much longer.

Got this from somewhere. I believe its an interesting debatable topic.
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by justwise(m): 9:08am On Jul 22, 2009
I know many girls hate issue like this, but switching the tv off while all his mates are there is rude.

Talk to him after, ask him to clean up all the mess. take time out to do something u like as well,
while he is busy watching footy, go out with the ladies or something,
Its not just her house, both of them own it.

No need being bossy and nasty infront of his mates,
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by izeek(m): 9:17am On Jul 22, 2009
well i think ladies should know when to bring up issues like this.
dman! his friends were araound, dont taht count for something?
moreso, footie and girls just dont go along together, unless ur girl loves footie live crazy too.
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by spikedcylinder: 9:18am On Jul 22, 2009
Switching of the TV in front of his "mates" (especially while they were watching soccer) is like switching off his life support in front of his parents. His "mates" will NEVER like you and whether people like to admit it or not, its important that they like you at least fairly.

Point is, there are other ways to pass a message across.
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by Tracey121(f): 9:29am On Jul 22, 2009
Tough Situation that has been happening to my sister and I have never been able to pin down how to deal with it, I guess most guys turn to be monstors once they are comfortable around their women, I mean I cant handle that to my own sisters how do u handle it to ur BF or Husband coz those ppl tend not to listen and be stubborn, I think those kinda things requires both teams to sit down and talk about their concerns and how they can go about it but that isnt easy when the other party is as stubborn, guys can be a lot of work and stress at times and again some1 stands there and say get married so that u can be unhappy maybe? some things man just get out of hand, I mean my sister is been married to this guy for 10 yrs and he is been treating her like a queen and all of a sudden he changed to this monster that I dont even know myself

But Seriously now U shudnt have switched off the TV not in front of his buddies
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by SamMilla1(m): 9:36am On Jul 22, 2009
I was disappointed after reading this topic.
The girl might not like soccer but she must like something.
I wonder if she considered switching off something she likes.
Plus i consider it a gross insult to do that in front of his friends.
They will never like her again plus their next line of advice to the man would be to leave the girl.
That is just the plain truth. Imagine what those friends will be telling the guy if he shows up in their house to watch soccer.
It is obvious they wont go to his house to watch anything again.

Trust me if i were in the house watching the soccer as a friend, i would have confronted the lady for that insult.
Her house or not. Rubbish!!
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by justwise(m): 9:38am On Jul 22, 2009
Tracey121:

Tough Situation that has been happening to my sister and I have never been able to pin down how to deal with it, I guess most guys turn to be monstors once they are comfortable around their women, I mean I cant handle that to my own sisters how do u handle it to ur BF or Husband coz those ppl tend not to listen and be stubborn, I think those kinda things requires both teams to sit down and talk about their concerns and how they can go about it but that isnt easy when the other party is as stubborn, guys can be a lot of work and stress at times and again some1 stands there and say get married so that u can be unhappy maybe? some things man just get out of hand, I mean my sister is been married to this guy for 10 yrs and [b]he is been treating her like a queen and all of a sudden he changed to this monster that I dont even know myself[/b]But Seriously now U shudnt have switched off the TV not in front of his buddies

Maybe ur sister under-estimated him, she is used to been treated well, she failed to appreciate that, she might think its automatic to get those juicy treatment. He will not just switched off and start being nasty, something triggered it
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by Tracey121(f): 9:57am On Jul 22, 2009
justwise:

Maybe ur sister under-estimated him, she is used to been treated well, she failed to appreciate that, she might think its automatic to get those juicy treatment. He will not just switched off and start being nasty, something triggered it

And there is only one thing that change a man's behavior and that wud "He has or Got another pussy to Bleep" and trust me its always that or maybe he is hoping to get the new pussy soon so he is paving his way to a new pussy and now he wants his wife to be out of his case
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by Kelvinj(m): 9:59am On Jul 22, 2009
No mata wat d girl would have shown d guy sum respect in front of his friend atleast. Wat do u tink would be his bf friends advice 2 him. Dat is why wisdom is very important, cos if she waz wise she wnt do dat.
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by Kelvinj(m): 10:01am On Jul 22, 2009
No mata wat d girl would have shown d guy sum respect in front of his friend atleast. Wat do u tink would be his bf friends advice 2 him. Dat is why wisdom is very important, cos if she waz wise she wnt do dat.
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by IFELEKE(m): 10:02am On Jul 22, 2009
The height of it was when she switched off the t.v set in the middle of a crucial match,I really don't know what i will do(if it were to be me) because i don't joke with soccer.
@Poster,
The only thing she can do is to profusely apologise and hope he forgives totally(which i doubt).
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by izeek(m): 10:10am On Jul 22, 2009
@sista in-law saga
the problem with us guys is that from the onset of arelationship, we tend to treat our ladies like eggs.
not like amsaying its wrong, but this ladies get soo used to the idea of being handled as eggs, dey refuse to accept any other form of treatment.
ur sister must have been used to being handled like a queen, and now that he wants to handle her like the the ordinary lady she is,
she is feeling like he wants to maltreat her.

what i just feel is ladies should know that u dont get queely treatment at all times.
and hey when me dey watch footie, i dont like being disturbed.

and hey not every fight with the wife means paving way for another.
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by SamMilla1(m): 10:11am On Jul 22, 2009
Champions League Finale

Manchester United vs Barcelona.

Imagine your wife or girlfriend switching off the tele in the middle of the game,

Especially if you are a crazy supporter of Soccer,
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by justwise(m): 10:15am On Jul 22, 2009
Tracey121:

And there is only one thing that change a man's behavior and that wud "He has or Got another womanliness to mess" and trust me its always that or maybe he is hoping to get the new womanliness soon so he is paving his way to a new womanliness and now he wants his wife to be out of his case

Tracey maybe  u are right, it could be as well that ur sister pushes him away, he found a shoulder to cry on, it could be both ways,

Personally, when i'm hooked with one lady, nothing, i mean nothing will make me look elsewhere,
Just ask urself, why did him change? He has being treating her well for 10yrs, why the sudden change?
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by izeek(m): 10:17am On Jul 22, 2009
IFELEKE:

The height of it was when she switched off the t.v set in the middle of a crucial match,I really don't know what i will do(if it were to be me) because i don't joke with soccer.@Poster,
The only thing she can do is to profusely apologise and hope he forgives totally(which i doubt).

i guess this just runs with barcelona fans.  grin grin grin
imagine messi with the ball and she is asking me for a kiss! she go wait abeg.
even if nah babe wey i still dey runs. lol
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by galatico(m): 10:21am On Jul 22, 2009
That serves the Girl right!!! You know guys are passinate about soccer, so you don't have to disturb them when they are watching soccer, what she did by switching off the Tv only made the matter worse, what she should have done was to ignore all temptations and just walk in, then after the match she should be outspoken and tell her guy what she dislikes,
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by Tracey121(f): 10:27am On Jul 22, 2009
galatico:

That serves the Girl right!!! You know guys are passinate about soccer, so you don't have to disturb them when they are watching soccer, what she did by switching off the Tv only made the matter worse, what she should have done was to ignore all temptations and just walk in, then after the match she should be outspoken and tell her guy what she dislikes,
Guys U cant be angry and think at the same time, its as hard as a honey guy to use his brain when he is with a sexy lady, so ppl some emotions cant be tempered with other emotions at the same time, do u have any idea how it feels to find everything all over the place and the person who messed all that up is busy enjoying soccer, yeah she was so rude and inconsiderate to do that so was the guy but it does not justify her actions but sometimes we do things out of anger and we regret after, no crucifying hey
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by chiejik(f): 10:41am On Jul 22, 2009
gal your attitude in front of his triend is rude.there ways to tell him your mind.maybe she doesnt know,
1, afer making , you call him to order by that time he will listen.gal you have to appologise is wrong on what you did ok frankly is bad
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 22, 2009
always a bad idea to get between a man and his hobbies

while i'm not into sports and am a loner - i also get irritated when madam starts calling me when i'm in the middle of some great pc game / pc hack

women need to learn to accept that smiley

just as men learn to accept their wives hogging the tv to the E! channel

am trying to imagine mr spikey turning off her E! or TSN grin grin
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by spikedcylinder: 11:51am On Jul 22, 2009
I will use his head as football. angry grin
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 22, 2009
eh - i thot you'd just sit on it cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by izeek(m): 12:29pm On Jul 22, 2009
@spike, u sure u wanna do that! most especially when his team his loosing?

@op,
women only come second to football.
they shud know that by now.
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by IFELEKE(m): 1:02pm On Jul 22, 2009
Sam Milla:

Champions League Finale

Manchester United vs Barcelona.

Imagine your wife or girlfriend switching off the tele in the middle of the game,

Especially if you are a crazy supporter of Soccer,
Please, spare me the agony of imagining because i just can't!

izeek:

i guess this just runs with barcelona fans. grin grin grin
imagine messi with the ball and she is asking me for a kiss! she go wait abeg.
even if nah babe wey i still dey runs. lol
now let me divulge a little.
Armed robbers came to attack me at home during the champions league final between my Barcelona and Man Utd. I had my attention focused on the match(while on floor cooperating with them as they looted) through out the ordeal and i got injured when I vehemently resisted the disconnection of my decoder.
I didnt know where the courage came from but i successfully resisted it and saw the match to an end. . .a bitter-sweet experience it was.
Now Sam & izeek
What do you think i would have done if the distractions were to come from my girl?
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by izeek(m): 1:13pm On Jul 22, 2009
@ifeleke,
hope u dont have a gun!
can imagine real, barca and ur wife wants a back massage.
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by youngzeal1: 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2009
tracy no vas,  d guy done another get another pussy fu3king him so good
i didt meant say shit but i think dat is d koko
4 me i don lose more dan 4 girlz cause of ball. true talk
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by spikedcylinder: 1:20pm On Jul 22, 2009
oyb:

eh - i thot you'd just sit on it  cheesy cheesy cheesy

That's a thought. But then, will it still be considered as punishment? wink grin
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by whitelexi(m): 1:21pm On Jul 22, 2009
Rule number one: Make sure your wife/babe supports the same team u support
Rule number two: Ensure you both understand that the hierarchy must be as follows:

Football => Mates => Babe    

Or

Wife => Football => Mates
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 22, 2009
spikedcylinder:

That's a thought. But then, will it still be considered as punishment? wink grin

that would depend on how much weight of the famous ikebe you exert and er. . .er. . . how long your downtown trips take  lipsrsealed cheesy
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by sexybabes(f): 1:24pm On Jul 22, 2009
izeek:

@sista in-law saga
[b]the problem with us guys is that from the onset of arelationship, we tend to treat our ladies like eggs.
not like amsaying its wrong, but this ladies get soo used to the idea of being handled as eggs, dey refuse to accept any other form of treatmen[/b]t.
ur sister must have been used to being handled like a queen, and now that he wants to handle her like the the ordinary lady she is,
she is feeling like he wants to maltreat her.

what i just feel is ladies should know that u dont get queely treatment at all times.
and hey when me dey watch footie, i dont like being disturbed.

and hey not every fight with the wife means paving way for another.

That's why I always tell the guy upfront that "Dont do what u won't be able to till the end of this r/s" coz if he stops then that's when trouble comes.

Now back to the topic,
Her own is beta, my ex & hiz friends used to watch soccer and even play it on that play station which is more the same as the real soccer in terms of duration, it takes 90min as the real soccer & even have extra time if no1 scores. I didnt like it but I ended up playing it with him. You know what they say "If you cant beat them, join them".

IFELEKE:

now let me divulge a little.
Armed robbers came to attack me at home during the champions league final between my Barcelona and Man Utd. I had my attention focused on the match(while on floor cooperating with them as they looted) through out the ordeal and i got injured when I vehemently resisted the disconnection of my decoder.
I didnt know where the courage came from but i successfully resisted it and saw the match to an end. . .a bitter-sweet experience it was.
Now Sam & izeek
What do you think i would have done if the distractions were to come from my girl?
I can just imagine what you would have done, Lol!
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by spikedcylinder: 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2009
oyb:

that would depend on how much weight of the famous ikebe you exert and er. . .er. . . how long your downtown trips take  lipsrsealed cheesy

Beauty ikebe is in the eye of the beholder. tongue
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by IFELEKE(m): 1:56pm On Jul 22, 2009
izeek:

@ifeleke,
hope u dont have a gun!
can imagine real, barca and ur wife wants a back massage.
I applied for one(via the police) but yet to get presently,I make do with a big machete.
and by the way, there is nothing bad in treating our ladies like eggs, they are meant to be treated like that but it behoves on them to reciprocate that gesture with relative understanding when it comes to crucial issues like soccer and friends.

sexybabes:

I can just imagine what you would have done, Lol!
smileyYeah, it's better imagined than witnessed.
Re: He Cares About Football More Than Me. by sexybabes(f): 2:12pm On Jul 22, 2009
IFELEKE:

smileyYeah, it's better imagined than witnessed.
Lol, Why do u think i ended up joing the lying down on the mat wit ur tummy, bcz i ddnt wana witness what he would have done 2 me if disconnected the play station, Lmao!!!

(1) (Reply)

I Will Never Marry A Woman That Drink / Caught Ur Gurl Cheating! And She Says...what Will You Do? / Toasting A Nigerian Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.