Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,557 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace (59717 Views)

Soldiers Take Over Arepo, Trace Militants To Badagry / Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi / Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by bokohalal(m): 2:51pm On Mar 19, 2016
gentleheart1:

Can yoy please stop, the bini kingom streched all the way to Lagos so what makes Ogun different?

You Yorubas have come with your complex problem again.
No one wrote about a medieval "Yoruba " city in a foreign newspaper. My "sophisticated " neighbours cannot bear it. They do not understand that they have no recognized history to be told by others. They even made Oyo into an Empire. Oyo empire indeed. Oyoyo empire nko?

4 Likes

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by gentleheart1(f): 2:53pm On Mar 19, 2016
VirginFinder:
Ancient Bini people saw Yorubas as big brothers to be proud of.
It's the modern ones that are trying to rub shoulders unnecessarily.
What a shame!

There are Yoruba traces (dressing/language/religion) in core Benin.
But you can't find any trace of Benin in core Yorubaland.

Also, many Binis can relate to Yoruba language.

However, the larger majority of Yorubas dont even know what the Bini dialect sounds like.

Come on!!

Can you please stop, please create a yoruba thread and praise yourselves. This is about the bini empire and not about the unknown yoruba empire.

1 Like

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by VirginFinder: 3:00pm On Mar 19, 2016
opal4real:

What a comical fellow.

yoruba is not spoken in Benin, agbada is not benin traditional wear neither is it yoruba's ask the northerners more about agbada and there i no ifa in benin but IHA OGUEGA and yoruba is not used as in ifa corpus mind you most ifa words are not even yoruba beg for more info and i will enligthen you were you parents couldn't.

Ogboni was a political tool used by the awolowo action group in the 50's and helped instead by the obaseki who was at logger head with the benin throne we all knew how he died.

You are a pathetic semi-literate ignoramus. Agbada is a Yoruba word. Hausas call their own attire Babaringa. Ifa is 95-99% Yoruba. Only very little Nupe traces exist. Dont forget, Nupe used to be under Oyo.
Binis are well-versed in Ifa. Dubi Imevbore came to Your View on TVC recently to enlighten everyone on Ifa. He is strong Ifa adherent and Bini.

Binis are proud Ogboni members. Whatever grouse you have with Obaseki is your business.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by VirginFinder: 3:02pm On Mar 19, 2016
gentleheart1:

Can you please stop, please create a yoruba thread and praise yourselves. This is about the bini empire and not about the unknown yoruba empire.

Go to the first page and read where one poster drew Yoruba into this. Go and deal with him/her.
If Nigeria split today, Binis will beg to go with Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by VirginFinder: 3:07pm On Mar 19, 2016
5starmilitant:

You're a buhari (dead brain). The Benin kingdom is the most supreme. The Yoruba history is not authentic. I stay at Ibadan, and believe me when I say I've heard like 3 different story about the Yorubas.

You are a dullard!
That's why you cant take time to research on Yorubas in this time and age where information is everywhere and easy to access. Rather, you rely hearsay.
Yorubas are big brothers to Binis. Period!
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by VirginFinder: 3:11pm On Mar 19, 2016
erusen:
Jesus Christ,wentin concern Bini man concern. agbada,IFA worship in Benin? my friend wake up,just travel to Benin city and stop saying rubbish,the deities in Benin tradictions are [b]Ogun(iron god),oromila,ailala,[/b]do u know am a Bini person I have no clue on single sentence in Yoruba means,we Neva know our language finish na Yoruba we wan go learn,which kind inferiority complex dey worry you

Bros, you dull gan o!
All the deities you listed are of Yoruba origin. So what's your point?
Dubi Imevbore, a devout Ifa worshipper, came to Your View on TVC to talk about Ifa sometime in February, 2016.
That you cant speak Yoruba doesnt mean some Binis cant. Many Binis speak Yoruba as a second language.

2 Likes

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by Faith111: 3:14pm On Mar 19, 2016
After going through this, i felt like crying.
The whites have never loved us and have always looked for ways to crush our efforts in Arts, Medicine or whatever.
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by VirginFinder: 3:16pm On Mar 19, 2016
tbaba1234:

There is enough literature from westerners who visited the Benin kingdom. They attested to its greatness. It is not even a subject for debate. All you need to do is read.

"The King of Benin can in a single day make 20,000 men ready for war, and, if need be, 180,000, and because of this he has great influence among all the surrounding peoples. . . . His authority stretches over many cities, towns and villages. There is no King thereabouts who, in the possession of so many beautiful cities and towns, is his equal."

— Olfert Dapper, Nauwkeurige Beschrijvinge der Afrikaansche Gewesten (Description of Africa), 1668

These are unsubstantiated claims. Did the Dutchman visit other kingdoms/empires before coming to a conclusion? Rubbish!
Benin is great no doubt, but it is overhyped.

2 Likes

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by gentleheart1(f): 3:24pm On Mar 19, 2016
VirginFinder:

Go to the first page and read where one poster drew Yoruba into this. Go and deal with him/her.

Nope we wont go with the Yorubas, we will rather stand alone than go with Yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by erusen: 3:27pm On Mar 19, 2016
[quote author=VirginFinder post=43916344o
Bros, you dull gan o!
Dubi Imevbore, a devout Ifa worshipper, came to Your View on TVC to talk about Ifa sometime in February, 2016.
That you cant speak Yoruba doesnt mean some Binis cant. Many Binis speak Yoruba as a second language.
[/quote]shut up lie,binis don't speak Yoruba,una don start to the lie again, second language ke,binis know esan,ibo,urhobo, languages before they know Yoruba,which kind broad day light lie be this,those deities are not Yoruba origin,kindly do a wikipedia research on ogun,oromila.wentin concern ifa concern Bini,don't turn into a tribalist,u didn't see any other tribe so blow this low for im head

1 Like

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by gentleheart1(f): 3:28pm On Mar 19, 2016
VirginFinder:

These are unsubstantiated claims. Did the Dutchman visit other kingdoms/empires before coming to a conclusion? Rubbish!
Benin is great no doubt, but it is overhyped.

Bad belle the Europeans visited all African kingdoms, they even met with some of your mosquito obas, Oba kosoko.

1 Like

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by VirginFinder: 3:29pm On Mar 19, 2016
gentleheart1:

Nope we wont go with the Yorubas, we will rather stand alone than go with Yorubas.

Yorubas have NEVER wanted Binis.
The Western region gladly shed it's minority population and gave you MidWest region at a time the Eastern and Northern regions firmly held on to its own minority populations.
The truth is, Yorubas don't give a fcccck about Binis.

1 Like

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 19, 2016
dis City is suppose to be d most planned place naturally on earth . if u go to ring road then u will know it is suppose to be d best place on earth.. d way d roads were network to connect all parts of d capital & d state

it has lost 99.99% of it's City value & tourist potential

Why do we lack maintenance culture in dis zoo of Nigeria?

Time to split Nigeria & develop faster. tribalism is a curse to dis country. don't tell me you yorubas typing with ur leprosy infested fingers & tribalism infested brains are christians /muslims. so much for hypocritical people.

am sure d yoruba goons have taken over d thread.as usual . runs out of thread for d Yoruba kids as usual. Damn!

2 Likes

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by gentleheart1(f): 3:30pm On Mar 19, 2016
VirginFinder:

Bros, you dull gan o!

Its time you all put a stop to your claims, edos dont speak Yoruba and never will.

2 Likes

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by VirginFinder: 3:32pm On Mar 19, 2016
erusen:

Please tell me who owns Ogun, Orunmila,etc if not Yoruba.
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by erusen: 3:32pm On Mar 19, 2016
VirginFinder:

You are a pathetic semi-literate ignoramus. Agbada is a Yoruba word. Hausas call their own attire Babaringa. Ifa is 95-99% Yoruba. Only very little Nupe traces exist. Dont forget, Nupe used to be under Oyo.
Binis are well-versed in Ifa. Dubi Imevbore came to Your View on TVC recently to enlighten everyone on Ifa. He is strong Ifa adherent and Bini.

Binis are proud Ogboni members. Whatever grouse you have with Obaseki is your business.
binis are proud ogboni member,u are a very stupid,binis are hardcore Christians,ogboni is even a secret cult with about0.5% population if not less,abeg Google Bini traditional entire and deities save your seft from ignorance see mofo
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by erusen: 3:33pm On Mar 19, 2016
VirginFinder:

Please tell me who owns Ogun, Orunmila,etc if not Yoruba.
Google search it abeg
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by VirginFinder: 3:34pm On Mar 19, 2016
gentleheart1:

Bad belle the Europeans visited all African kingdoms, they even met with some of your mosquito obas, Oba kosoko.

Yet the 'great' Binis had to drop the ogiso title for Oba, a Yoruba word.

Was the same Dutchman that visited all African kingdoms. Did they all give the same report?

1 Like

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by erusen: 3:34pm On Mar 19, 2016
gentleheart1:

Its time you all put a stop to your claims, edos dont speak Yoruba and never will.
I wish I can see him face to face,correct slap for him face,the mofo have Neva been to Edo in its entire life,nor be him fault

2 Likes

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by VirginFinder: 3:36pm On Mar 19, 2016
erusen:
Google search it abeg

There is nothing to google search. Nothing is more Yoruba than them. They even make up Yoruba language curriculum in the higher institution.
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by erusen: 3:37pm On Mar 19, 2016
VirginFinder:

shut up abeg,binis are relative with esan and ekpoma people,there are also close to urhobo,bendel state was edo and delta before it was split,if Nigeria divide na south south straight
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by VirginFinder: 3:38pm On Mar 19, 2016
erusen:
I wish I can see him face to face,correct slap for him face,the mofo have Neva been to Edo in its entire life,nor be him fault

I know Binis who speak Yoruba naturally as a second language.
Once met an Edo boy back in school who told me they all speak Yoruba at home.
And yes, I have been to Benin.

3 Likes

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by gentleheart1(f): 3:39pm On Mar 19, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Yeye people, don't mind them. Benin that couldn't spread its tentacles wide like great Oyo empire that spreads all the way to Dahomey and Togo.
The great Oyo empire is the greatest empire in Nigeria, one of the greatest in Africa.

We don hear but please do us a favour go and create a thread about your Oyo empire and salivate there ok.

This is about bini empire not Nupe created Oyo empire.
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by erusen: 3:40pm On Mar 19, 2016
VirginFinder:

There is nothing to google search. Nothing is more Yoruba than them. They even make up Yoruba language curriculum in the higher institution.
shut up joor,making claims without proof since 1234AD,all languages are taught in the university,go to uniben and say that rubbish who gives a Bleep about Yoruba language,the name of the university of Benin says it all k,Yoruba language is valuable in Yoruba land.
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by VirginFinder: 3:40pm On Mar 19, 2016
erusen:
shut up abeg,binis are relative with esan and ekpoma people,there are also close to urhobo,bendel state was edo and delta before it was split,if Nigeria divide na south south straight

Yorubas gave you all independence from the western region as midwest region.
We NEVER wanted you all from the onset.
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by erusen: 3:42pm On Mar 19, 2016
VirginFinder:

I know Yoruba's who speak Bini hear in Edo state in fact almost all Yoruba here,people speak other people tribes,some binis speak IBO ,so stop this stupidoty

2 Likes

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 3:42pm On Mar 19, 2016
gentleheart1:

We don hear but please do us a favour go and create a thread about your Oyo empire and salivate there ok.

This is about bini empire not Nupe created Oyo empire.
Go sleep
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by VirginFinder: 3:42pm On Mar 19, 2016
erusen:
shut up joor,making claims without proof since 1234AD,all languages are taught in the university,go to uniben and say that rubbish who gives a Bleep about Yoruba language,the name of the university of Benin says it all k,Yoruba language is valuable in Yoruba land.

Am I talking about language here or the fact that Ogun and Orunmila are Yoruba deities?
Even then, which Nigerian language is a white man likely to learn or speak? Yoruba or Bini? Answer!
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by erusen: 3:43pm On Mar 19, 2016
VirginFinder:

I know Yoruba's who speak Bini hear in Edo state in fact almost all Yoruba here,people speak other people tribes,some binis speak IBO ,so stop this stupidity
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by VirginFinder: 3:45pm On Mar 19, 2016
erusen:
I know Yoruba's who speak Bini hear in Edo state in fact almost all Yoruba here,people speak other people tribes,some binis speak IBO ,so stop this stupidoty

Those Yorubas learnt Bini as a result of staying in Benin.
But there are Binis who didnt have to learn Yoruba in Yorubaland to speak it. It is a natural language to them. That's my point.
Binis bear Yoruba names e.g TOYIN Aimakhu, MODUPE Ozolua etc
Yorubas will NEVER bear Bini names.

1 Like

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by erusen: 3:47pm On Mar 19, 2016
VirginFinder:

Am I talking about language here or the fact that Ogun and Orunmila are Yoruba deities?
Even then, which Nigerian language is a white man likely to learn or speak? Yoruba or Bini? Answer!
who gives a Bleep what the white man learns,kindly Google the first Nigeria man to speak foreign language,you have seft esteem issues
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by gentleheart1(f): 3:48pm On Mar 19, 2016
Please all edos should ignore the comments made by any Yoruba, you can see they are our greatest enemies.

Ignore them and let them wallow in their stupidity.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Terrorists Attend Secret Meeting With Nigerian 'Officials' / Sanwo-Olu Inspects The Removal Of Lekki Second Roundabout (Pictures) / "Because I' A Soldier, Born To Die" - Emotional Pic Shared By A Nigerian Soldier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.