Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,683 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace (59721 Views)

Soldiers Take Over Arepo, Trace Militants To Badagry / Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi / Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by VirginFinder: 3:49pm On Mar 19, 2016
erusen:
who gives a Bleep what the white man learns,kindly Google the first Nigeria man to speak foreign language,you have seft esteem issues

Ode!
At least, you agree that Ogun and Orunmila that Binis worship belong to Yoruba.
I am more interested in the whites learning/speaking Yoruba than Binis learning/speaking English/Portuguese.
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by erusen: 3:50pm On Mar 19, 2016
VirginFinder:

Those Yorubas learnt Bini as a result of staying in Benin.
But there are Binis who didnt have to learn Yoruba in Yorubaland to speak it. It is a natural language to them. That's my point.
Binis bear Yoruba names e.g TOYIN Aimakhu, MODUPE Ozolua etc
Yorubas will NEVER bear Bini names.
my guy less than 1% of Bini speak Yoruba,like I say before u have not come to Benin,stop lying .Bini be obinna we you say binis are IBO's,the last time I check inter marriage is still legal in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by erusen: 3:52pm On Mar 19, 2016
VirginFinder:

Ode!
At least, you agree that Ogun and Orunmila that Binis worship belong to Yoruba.
I am more interested in the whites learning/speaking Yoruba than Binis learning/speaking English/Portuguese.
give me proof they are Yoruba deities,Wikipedia proof abeg,since white people have been your language as it helped you in any way in your life?,tell me the first nigerian to speak foreign language?
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by VirginFinder: 3:52pm On Mar 19, 2016
erusen:
my guy less than 1% of Bini speak Yoruba,like I say before u have not come to Benin,stop lying .Bini be obinna we you say binis are IBO's,the last time I check inter marriage is still legal in nigeria

You are losing steam already? hehehehe
The people I mentioned dont have any Yoruba parent.
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by gentleheart1(f): 3:54pm On Mar 19, 2016
VirginFinder:

Yorubas have NEVER wanted Binis.
The Western region gladly shed it's minority population and gave you MidWest region at a time the Eastern and Northern regions firmly held on to its own minority populations.
The truth is, Yorubas don't give a fcccck about Binis.

Thank you and you people should please stop disgracing yourselves here.

Leave bini thread and go look for yoruba thread, we dont need your insults.
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by VirginFinder: 3:56pm On Mar 19, 2016
erusen:
give me proof they are Yoruba deities,Wikipedia proof abeg,since white people have been your language as it helped you in any way in your life?,tell me the first nigerian to speak foreign language?

Ode!
Asking me to prove that Ogun and Orunmila are Yoruba deities is like asking me to prove that I am a Yoruba man. It is senseless!
That white people want to learn/speak Yoruba rather than Bini shows which language is more value to the international community.
That fact alone makes me feel good. cool
Ever heard of Susan Wenger?
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by VirginFinder: 3:57pm On Mar 19, 2016
gentleheart1:

Thank you and you people should please stop disgracing yourselves here.

Leave bini thread and go look for yoruba thread, we dont need your insults.

Like I said earlier, someone stepped on the cobra's tail in the first page.

1 Like

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by VirginFinder: 4:03pm On Mar 19, 2016
gentleheart1:

You dont need to explain to the yorubas, they are very daft people even if you teach them 100 times they will still go to another thread and display their stupidity.
Just ignore them.

Which Bini man dead or alive can measure up to Wole Soyinka?
In fact, aside the Oba and the Esama of Benin, mention any Bini person of international worth and acclaim?
All Binis have is the Oba(of Yoruba heritage). Period!

1 Like

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by erusen: 4:06pm On Mar 19, 2016
VirginFinder:

You are losing steam already? hehehehe
The people I mentioned dont have any Yoruba parent.
no am losing time,are do I even know this people exist,but I do know that Yoruba people speak bini language,should that make me mastubate like you are doing?
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by erusen: 4:13pm On Mar 19, 2016
VirginFinder:

Ode!
Asking me to prove that Ogun and Orunmila are Yoruba deities is like asking me to prove that I am a Yoruba man. It is senseless!
That white people want to learn/speak Yoruba rather than Bini shows which language is more value to the international community.
That fact alone makes me feel good. cool
Ever heard of Susan Wenger?
tell the first Nigerian to speak foreign language stamarer,so u still don't have proof about the gods,hmmmm,so u feel better because people your language,tell me the positive value it has added to your life,people learn languages in deferent part of the world,how did the European did business with Bini in the 15th century without learning the language?
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by gentleheart1(f): 4:16pm On Mar 19, 2016
erusen:
my "stories"are on Wikipedia which is far greater than ALL the source you know,why am I even talking to an inrelevant illiterate like you who claim to know more history than wikipedia,man Bleep off my mentions

Na wa for you o, wonder why you didnt ignore him.
80 percent of Yorubas are educated illiterate and they are displaying it here, the whole world is getting to know how stupid the yorubas are.

2 Likes

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by VirginFinder: 4:18pm On Mar 19, 2016
erusen:
tell the first Nigerian to speak foreign language stamarer,so u still don't have proof about the gods,hmmmm,so u feel better because people your language,tell me the positive value it has added to your life,people learn languages in deferent part of the world,how did the European did business with Bini in the 15th century without learning the language?

You are a dullard!
I've told you that it gives me joy seeing whites learn/speak my language. What else do you want me to say? People learn languages alright but not Bini.
The subservient Binis had to learn Portuguese in order to do business with them. Is that difficult for you to fathom?
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by VirginFinder: 4:20pm On Mar 19, 2016
gentleheart1:

Na wa for you o, wonder why you didnt ignore him.
80 percent of Yorubas are educated illiterate and they are displaying it here, the whole world is getting to know how stupid the yorubas are.

You are a dullard!
Which Bini man dead or alive can measure up to Wole Soyinka?
In fact, aside the Oba and the Esama of Benin, mention any Bini person of international worth and acclaim?
All Binis have is the Oba(of Yoruba heritage). Period!
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by codemaniacs: 4:20pm On Mar 19, 2016
gentleheart1:

Can yoy please stop, the bini kingom streched all the way to Lagos so what makes Ogun different?

You Yorubas have come with your complex problem again.

It never stretch to Lagos.
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by VirginFinder: 4:22pm On Mar 19, 2016
erusen:
no am losing time,are do I even know this people exist,but I do know that Yoruba people speak bini language,should that make me mastubate like you are doing?

Ode!
It disgusts me when someone speaks my language and bears my name;yet claims to be superior to me. It's daft!!

1 Like

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by VirginFinder: 4:23pm On Mar 19, 2016
gentleheart1:

A slowpoke will always be a slowpoke and that is what you are, it seems you slaves have forgotten who you are.

Answer my question, coward!
All Binis have is Oba!!
Shame!!!

1 Like

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by bokohalal(m): 4:35pm On Mar 19, 2016
VirginFinder:

Answer my question, coward!
All Binis have is Oba!!
Shame!!!
Yes!
Same Oba who is above any Yoruba personality.
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by erusen: 4:37pm On Mar 19, 2016
VirginFinder:

You are a dullard!
I've told you that it gives me joy seeing whites learn/speak my language. What else do you want me to say? People learn languages alright but not Bini.
The subservient Binis had to learn Portuguese in order to do business with them. Is that difficult for you to fathom?
come to Benin and see non Benin speaking bini,if that is what you want to hear,and who told you I give a Bleep who speaks who's language
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by erusen: 4:39pm On Mar 19, 2016
VirginFinder:

Ode!
It disgusts me when someone speaks my language and bears my name;yet claims to be superior to me. It's daft!!
nothing speaks your language, people learn each others language every day,look at my name,is a Yoruba name?you be small pikin
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by erusen: 4:41pm On Mar 19, 2016
VirginFinder:

Answer my question, coward! All Binis have is Oba!! Shame!!!
what do Yoruba have,emperor?dullard
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by codemaniacs: 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2016
bokohalal:

Dumb and dumber , there was no Yoruba before the 19th century. Yes , some Yoruba sub groups were under Benin Empire rule.

Then why are yorubas more than Bini people.
Why do they have more states than Bini people.
Why do Bini people have Yoruba names
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by bokohalal(m): 5:25pm On Mar 19, 2016
codemaniacs:

Then why are yorubas more than Bini people.
Why do they have more states than Bini people.
Why do Bini people have Yoruba names
Dumbest, why are Brazilians more than Portuguese?
Why are Americans more than the English?
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by NaijaCuzin: 5:26pm On Mar 19, 2016
while our politicians i.e Adams Oshiomole and his wife are visiting tourist attractions like great wall of China ,here is Great wall Of Benin City decaying sad

...f**king leaders everywhere

One can't even differentiate between Oba of Benin Palace and the commoners houses in the city while their governors are embezzling moneys and building mansions. Even the roads are bad

#whatWENTwrong
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by tpiar: 6:23pm On Mar 19, 2016
bokohalal:

Dumbest, why are Brazilians more than Portuguese?
Why are Americans more than the English?

because they are mixed populations.

yours was a wrong analogy btw.

1 Like

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by bokohalal(m): 6:47pm On Mar 19, 2016
tpiar:

because they are mixed populations.

yours was a wrong analogy btw.

Creole also mixed with Yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by Kagawa10: 7:01pm On Mar 19, 2016
opal4real:

You cannot find any trace of Yoruba in core Beninland, the Yoruba's always call on the Benin for military support ask Ogendegbe of Ekiti Parapo it was the benin soldiers among them that renders the invading Ibadan army useless and they never dare any Benin land.

Religion nada comon kid grow up! What religion? There was NOTHING like Yoruba when BEnin Empire existed and Oyo was a garrison of criminals who were slave raiders hence the reason for the Kiriji war. Tell me one town outside the Yoruba speaking region was conquered by Oyo?

Kids with no knowledge of their history trying to disrespect the tribe who made them.

We gave you Oduduwa, we united you all with our support of the Kiriji war without Benin there is no Yoruba!
You worship our idols though. Ogun, Obatala, Okun etc are Yoruba idols.
And don't dare say otherwise because we all know who do have those idol's names as the prefix of their names, e.g, Ogunseyi, Okunla etc.

1 Like

Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by Kagawa10: 7:18pm On Mar 19, 2016
erusen:
I know Yoruba's who speak Bini hear in Edo state in fact almost all Yoruba here,people speak other people tribes,some binis speak IBO ,so stop this stupidity
LOL!
Bini's language that's eroding as fast as a squirrel is the one being learnt by Yoruba?
In my yrs of stay in Uniben, hardly would you see a bini student speak in bini, only few of their adults do and when I say adult, I mean the old grannies.
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by Kagawa10: 7:20pm On Mar 19, 2016
gentleheart1:
Please all edos should ignore the comments made by any Yoruba, you can see they are our greatest enemies.

Ignore them and let them wallow in their stupidity.
Can you imagine this coming from an ipod loser!
Yeye!
Re: Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace by ariesbull: 7:21pm On Mar 19, 2016
What's the Yoruba obsession with the Benin people ..they said they ain't Yoruba . I think that should be respected

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Inspects The Removal Of Lekki Second Roundabout (Pictures) / "Because I' A Soldier, Born To Die" - Emotional Pic Shared By A Nigerian Soldier / Buhari's Disqualification: Court Orders Service Of Documents On Buhari, INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.