Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,361 members, 7,954,471 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:48 PM

To Date a Black American - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / To Date a Black American (5863 Views)

I Think Black American Men Are The Hottest Black Men And Men In The World! / Why Do I See Black American Men With Fat White Women So Much? / Why Don't You African Girls Like To Date Black-american Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Date a Black American by zeora(f): 8:24pm On Nov 12, 2005
i mean the ones that were born here. my parent won't accept they siad they'll never go to my house if ever married one, cuz they said they're very bad people. but i told in them everyplace they have good ones and bad ones. i don't know what to do
Re: To Date a Black American by WesleyanA(f): 8:55pm On Nov 12, 2005
my parents think the same too but i kind of agree with them. the good ones are extremely rare.

the only non black that was born here that i've dated is italian and he lived in Nigeria.
Re: To Date a Black American by Seun(m): 8:59pm On Nov 12, 2005
Initial reaction:
Don't mind your parents, joo. Unless they have more than 3-4 children they have no choice to accept whomever you marry. The main challenge is to find someone that you treasure and who treasures you. When you find such a person, whether black or white or pink or yellow, marry the person and after a lot of opposition they will draw you back in. Did you Vexxy's story?

Second Reaction:
Try to judge each person individually regardless of race or whatever. There are bad people everywhere, and good people too!
Re: To Date a Black American by WesleyanA(f): 9:04pm On Nov 12, 2005
i hang out with black/capeverdian guys too because they're nice. mixed blacks are nice. a lot of full blacks are nice too but..
Re: To Date a Black American by icingbaby(f): 10:43pm On Nov 12, 2005
Black  American are good to date, thank God my parent don't thank they are bad, my sister is married to black American, and too of my brothers, my step mom is black American. as much as is bad Nigerians so are black American. if you fine love any where you should go for.
Re: To Date a Black American by zeora(f): 11:21pm On Nov 13, 2005
please don't quarell oh, i just ask for an opinion. it's the same with my people too, they think all black a bad. but i've meet nice and christian oneas. but i think we can only judge a person when u know them or have been around them. to me color doesn't but our parent u know the real traditional. that's like a big taboo, u only have to marry your own tribe, which is bad. i ghtink some of them we're doing them a big favor by letting know even some african culture and where they're coming from. and i don't think is all of them are bad.
Re: To Date a Black American by fabian(f): 2:25pm On Nov 14, 2005
There's nothing wrong with dating an African-American....
Its the personality of that person that counts!
Re: To Date a Black American by allonym: 4:38am On Nov 15, 2005
WesleyanA:

i hang out with black/capeverdian guys too because they're nice. mixed blacks are nice. a lot of full blacks ar nice too but..

a lot of the full black america guys are usually "bad" according to nigerian standards and "my" standards. it's rare to find a good one. it's not like i'm looking for one anyways and it's not like my parents will be happy with me if i go out with one.

holy. . . WesleyanA . .you're joking right. You really mean to say that the good black person is the rare black person. . . that statement is a word beginning with rac and ending with ist.
Re: To Date a Black American by slowmind: 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2005
pure racist, nothing else , anyways Black brodas gat to keep pimping and do their thing
Re: To Date a Black American by rihanna(f): 4:14pm On Nov 15, 2005
i think like "em, i think i like 'em oh i think i like "em. i like "em black born here born anywhere" born in da hood born on da street i think i like "em. but shebi ma papa go kill me if i do dis kind ting.
Re: To Date a Black American by fabian(f): 4:20pm On Nov 15, 2005
Which Kain thing, Rihanna?
Re: To Date a Black American by rihanna(f): 4:27pm On Nov 15, 2005
fabian:

Which Kain thing, Rihanna?
i mean marry dem black americans
Re: To Date a Black American by fabian(f): 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2005
Don't you like em?
Re: To Date a Black American by allonym: 4:35pm On Nov 15, 2005
what are we black americans. . .some monkey for you'all to pet and like. . .ooh he's cute but can't take him home. .. ooh she's hot I can touch but go back to Nigeria when i'm serious. I'm starting to see why many black people have expressed that they feel africans look down on them.
Re: To Date a Black American by fabian(f): 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2005
*I have a weird feeling *  lipsrsealed
Re: To Date a Black American by slowmind: 6:39pm On Nov 15, 2005
allonym:

what are we black americans. . .some monkey for you'all to pet and like. . .ooh he's cute but can't take him home. .. ooh she's hot I can touch but go back to Nigeria when i'm serious. I'm starting to see why many black people have expressed that they feel africans look down on them.

thats a big point.
Re: To Date a Black American by rihanna(f): 8:24pm On Nov 15, 2005
fabian:

Don't you like em?
gurl i said i like "em but ma dad is not in support of me marryin' a blck american he said if i try he's not gonna come to ma weddin'
Re: To Date a Black American by WesleyanA(f): 10:36pm On Nov 15, 2005
allonym:

holy. . . WesleyanA . .you're joking right. You really mean to say that the good black person is the rare black person. . . that statement is a word beginning with rac and ending with ist.

Don't misinterprete my post allonym. i don't mean black generally.  I mean black as in "African Americans".
"good" is a general word too. everyone is "good". there's no completely "bad" person. but there are certain characteristics certain individuals see as "bad" like i do. so when i say: " "good" African Americans are rare", I was talking for myself.

there are some really nice "african american" guys but i think they are rare.
i'm talking about those that: don't smoke, talk ghetto, drink, get into trouble a lot, get bad grades,fight, swear a lot, are not loud.. .  see what i mean? they are rare! most of the ones i know are mixed even though a few are not.
Re: To Date a Black American by goodguy(m): 10:44pm On Nov 15, 2005
rihanna:

i think like "em, i think i like 'em oh i think i like "em. i like "em black born here born anywhere" born in da hood born on da street i think i like "em. but shebi ma papa go kill me if i do this kind ting.
I actually thought Rihanna was American.
Re: To Date a Black American by Seun(m): 10:52pm On Nov 15, 2005
I think she's an American with Nigerian parents grin
Re: To Date a Black American by allonym: 11:30pm On Nov 15, 2005
WesleyanA. . .I know exactly what you mean.

It still doesn't change anything I said.

WesleyanA:

Don't misinterprete my post allonym. i don't mean black generally. I mean black as in "African Americans".
"good" is a general word too. everyone is "good". there's no completely "bad" person. but there are certain characteristics certain individuals see as "bad" like i do. so when i say: " "good" African Americans are rare", I was talking for myself.

there are some really nice "african american" guys but i think they are rare.
i'm talking about those that: don't smoke, talk ghetto, drink, get into trouble a lot, get bad grades,fight, swear a lot, are not loud.. . see what i mean? they are rare! most of the ones i know are mixed even though a few are not.

my reply still stands:

allonym:

you can replace black with african american or whatever you want.

your statement is very demeaning, wrong, and hateful.
Re: To Date a Black American by WesleyanA(f): 11:50pm On Nov 15, 2005
call me whatever you want. do i look like i care?.
well the last time i checked, i didn't and guess what? i still don't . ha.

when i say "good", i mean "what's good for me" not "what's good for you".

"i'm talking about those that: don't smoke, talk ghetto, drink, get into trouble a lot, get bad grades,fight, swear a lot, are not loud"

when you compare the number of African American (not mixed and i'm not talking about 2nd or 3rd generation either even though a lot of them aren't.) guys that fit that criteria to those that don't, you'll see a HUGE difference.

what is good for you might not be for me and what's bad for you might actually be good for me. (we're talking about "dating african americans" here. if you say can i be friends with loud african americans, i'll say : "i already am" but if you say: "can i date a guy like that", i'll say "NO" it's not "good" for me.).

and tell me why :coughs: some blacks have to shout racist on everything?
any little thing, you hear RACIST!!. that's just stupid. I'm black but at least i don't go shouting racist on any white that comes my way. not to talk of saying it to a black like me.
Re: To Date a Black American by allonym: 1:26am On Nov 16, 2005
this is crap

I'm not one of those who cries racist at everything, I just say it when I see something racist.

Saying that the "good" african american is the rare african american is racist, no matter how you try to explain it. If you are truely not racist, you should find a better way to voice what you actually think. However, so far, your explanations have not deviated from what I would consider racist.

But let me give you the benefit of the doubt. . .let me look at your posts, and see if I can seriously interpret good to mean "good for WesleyanA". .

Hmm, there is almost enough to say, nah, she couldn't possibly have meant what she said the way I interpreted it. . . but let me think about my high school. . and middle school, and HBCU's I've visited, and the people I know. . . .and I'm too insulted. Even applying the filter of your standards - your statement still does not hold - the people who meet your standards are not rare. I'm guessing you are old enough to know this, so for you to still hold these ideas, there can be only one logical conclusion.
Re: To Date a Black American by WesleyanA(f): 1:30am On Nov 16, 2005
well it IS crap.
i apologize if my post affected you in anyway or form.

happy now?
Re: To Date a Black American by allonym: 1:31am On Nov 16, 2005
No. If we were both white, and you made a racist statement about blacks, even if I wasn't affected, I'd still not be happy with you.
Re: To Date a Black American by WesleyanA(f): 1:33am On Nov 16, 2005
cool.
Re: To Date a Black American by allonym: 1:34am On Nov 16, 2005
sorry, african americans - as a person who lives in the usa, the two terms are synonymous.
Re: To Date a Black American by slowmind: 1:35am On Nov 16, 2005
That wasnt funny any way , i hope you realize what you said ,

This stereotype is just like when some of me if there are atually Zebras evrywhere you go in Africa, would you blame them for asking no , all i did was to ask them to take a trip down there.
Re: To Date a Black American by WesleyanA(f): 1:41am On Nov 16, 2005
well i have african american friends and they're pretty loud and use swear words often.
and yes. i do realize what i said and i apologized.
Re: To Date a Black American by allonym: 1:43am On Nov 16, 2005
what wasn't funny? She isn't just some person who is ignorant about african americans. So I cannot just let it go based on that. There is only one time on this forum I've responded harshly to someone's ignorant comment w/o realizing their ignorance (due to their age). Otherwise, I think i've been pretty good at recognizing statements being made from a lack of information.
Re: To Date a Black American by allonym: 1:45am On Nov 16, 2005
I mean, her statement about african americans can be compared to statements people make like - most Nigerians are corrupt or thieves. I know that is crap, and though many people I've seen making that statement may not know much about nigerians, they should know that the actions of a few do not represent an entire people and thus they are being prejudicial.
Re: To Date a Black American by slowmind: 1:45am On Nov 16, 2005
allornmy , before you go off on me , i wasnt talking to you i was talking to Wesley , when i said that it wasnt funny

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's The Best Compliment You Have Ever Received After Sex? / Girls??? Is It Normal To Call Your Boyfriend "Dear"??? / Struggles You Would Understand If Your Beard Has Just Refused To Connect (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.