Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,280 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) (31133 Views)

Lagos Man Searches For A Light-Skinned Lady He Met In A Bus Yesterday / Neighbours Are Tired Of Our Moaning; Nigerian Man Shares Photos Of Oyinbo Babe / Guys Are No Longer Finding Dark Skinned Women Attractive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by LuveU2(f): 9:18am On Mar 22, 2016
As funny as it may sound, there are things you should stop saying to dark skinned ladies and men. Stop the insensitivity.

Most times we hear people throw "good" and bad compliments at nonfair people without giving a thought to the psychological damage their statements can have on them and the nation.

In 2016, we should have learnt so many things from history. Come out from the cloak of willful ignorance and embrace truth.

Stop saying these to dark skin people:

1. You are dark BUT beautiful Wth. Most people say this without going through what they are saying. Why BUT and not AND? because they think dark skin is ugly! Simple. They are saying "well youve got a beautiful face and body but you are covered in ugliness." In other words, you are not so beautiful. Put it to them that this is what they imply, and they become self defensive.

But is dark skin ugly? The truth is dark skin is as ugly as fair skin just as fair skin is as beautiful as dark skin. And beautiful people come in all shades

2. You will be cuter if you were fair This is similar to the first but it carries with it such guts and certainty.

Like seriously? a beautiful 10 and a handsome 10 are brought before you and the only thing you can think of is "well they look good, but they will be better fair." Good enough, this statement only reveals the mental damage that you, the judge is suffering from.

The problem with this statement is that it denies reality. You are of the opinion that a beautiful dark skin lady will look better fair but reality says beautiful people look better always.

3. Light skinned people look better What now? Be jealous and hate yourself O ye dark people! Not only is this a lie it brings shame and disgrace to the entire continent. A lie has no good consequence.

An ugly fair man is called handsome and a handsome dark man is called average looking or some times ugly. O ye of poor taste and battered minds, you think like children and are short-sighted.

Again, reality says beautiful people look better always.

4. You are jealous and envious of light skinned people People who say this are so sure that non fair people are jealous and envious of them because they(dark people) have been made to feel lesser than them for a very long time now. In addition, many NOT MOST, dark people bleach their skins. So yea, they've got to be jealous of our "pretty" skin.

But are they right? Maybe. Some dark skin people get caught up in jealousy and envy not because fair skin is better but because the ground(system) is unlevelled and has put them at a disadvantage.

Almost all non fair people started with being comfortable in their skin not until some demons of division and deceit were let loose.

So dont pat yourself on the back thinking ye, we look better because we are fair. No, the demons of deceit are dealing with some dark people for now. Who knows whose turn it will be tomorrow.

5. Black is beautiful: Wow whats the problem with this statement? you say. Everything dear.
First, black connotes a people of a particular race. And this race has so many shades/complexions be it from extremely fair to extremely dark. They all form black. But you wonder why only a fraction is called black beauty. Are others white beauty, red beauty and so on.

If you say well you do not mean it by race but by skin shades. Then why is a chocolate woman called black beauty? Does she look black like black board? No you say. Why then do you not call her brown beauty? Fair doesnt look black. And brown doesnt look black too.

But thats not all, "black is beautiful" is a false statement because....simple, there are so many ugly black people and this alone renders it false.

You might think its a great compliment but dark skinned people are not moved because to them it is shallow and insensitive and non-problem solving. They can see through the lie.

Some even carry a mocking tone when it is said and only makes matters worse for some dark skinned people who have been battered mentally. No thanks.

At the end, dark skin is not the problem. You are.
You only form your opinions and preferencesfrom what you see on tv, magazines, in shows, etc. When you do a reality check up on yourself you will come to see dark skin for what it is. It is not ugly.

Dark skinned people will appreciate you question the lies in your head than make empty statements you do not believe yourself.

#Up next :5 things light-skinned people are tired of hearing# smileysmiley

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by onyee25(f): 9:23am On Mar 22, 2016
let them say all the want.Alll i know is that "black is beautiful"

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 22, 2016
Yes! This a wonderful piece.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Tallesty1(m): 9:32am On Mar 22, 2016
Who skin color don make rich?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 22, 2016
Tallesty1:
Who skin color don make rich?
oshiomole wife grin

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by LuveU2(f): 9:35am On Mar 22, 2016
[quote author=STFUareyouGod post=43996930][/quote]Thanks smiley
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by LuveU2(f): 9:36am On Mar 22, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Yes! This a wonderful piece.
Thank you smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by onyee25(f): 9:39am On Mar 22, 2016
kramfonos:

Oh really? Then how come NIGERIAN women are said to purchase 77% of skin-lightening products coming into Africa? Which Nigerian woman doesn't have skin-lightening soaps and/ or creams?

Heck! You folks feel so inferior that you openly create threads to advise yourselves on how to successfully bleach your skins.

Here is one of such threads:
www.nairaland.com/1006056/reviews-best-skin-lightening-products

A 19-year-old girl once asked to use my phone to look up something on the internet. When I checked the browsing history, there were sites about skin-lightening products. 5 months later, I noticed she's light-skinned!

Tell your story to the birds!

those ladies that bleach their skin have low self esteem

11 Likes

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 22, 2016
kramfonos:

Oh really? Then how come NIGERIAN women are said to purchase 77% of skin-lightening products coming into Africa? Which Nigerian woman doesn't have skin-lightening soaps and/ or creams?

Heck! You folks feel so inferior that you openly create threads to advise yourselves on how to successfully bleach your skins.

A 19-year-old girl once asked to use my phone to look up something on the internet. When I checked the browsing history, there were sites about skin-lightening products. 5 months later, I noticed she's light-skinned!

Yeah cause the constantly got folk spewing this trash the op listed at em undecided.
An they azoribed it an now want ta "fix" themselves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by LuveU2(f): 9:43am On Mar 22, 2016
McCarlito:

Instead of calling them; simply do the needful by adding a snake to the post with a nice caption then watch the magic happen...
Thank me later grin grin grin
LmaO cheesy No thanks tongue
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by LuveU2(f): 9:47am On Mar 22, 2016
kramfonos:

Easy you are talking of the effects, i am talking of the causes. Once the latter is dealt with we will have no issues with bleaching anymore. Thanks. smiley

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by McCarlito(m): 9:50am On Mar 22, 2016
LuveU2:

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by LuveU2(f): 10:03am On Mar 22, 2016
kramfonos thank you for sharing. This piece is meant to target the weak minded. We cannot bully others into being very confident if we do not encourage them esp when we are aware that most people are feeble and gullible.

I agree some people exhibit very high level of confidence but they are very few out there.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 22, 2016
Nawa oo hw dis one wan help us 4 dis country? Okay on a more criouz note, u guys should free dark skinned galz .....black is beautiful jorr
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 22, 2016
Kramfonos it's psychological
It messes with the psychi constantly hearing this.
Some folk are impressionable/followers
an only need hear/see someone else thinks dark ugly an aline their thinking to that.
Yer right up changes not the fact that those words do effect.

An dude why did you dog the lady above out fer sayin'
"Black is beautiful"
if you where gonna throw positive stories out
Does not the story you told me not show that their are women who are dark an proud an don't bleach?

Oh an I modified that other post,Yo browser quick.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by LuveU2(f): 10:07am On Mar 22, 2016
juhan:
Nawa oo hw dis one wan help us 4 dis country? Okay on a more criouz note, u guys should free dark skinned galz alone.....black is beautiful jorr
Thats what we are doing. Stop lying to them and start telling them the truth.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by octopusfreaky(f): 10:07am On Mar 22, 2016
LuveU2:
Pls rremove ds pixx.@McCarlito
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by chigoizie7(m): 10:09am On Mar 22, 2016
If u re not dark skinned, please stay away from me.

Else u want to just dash me ur pùssy for free.
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 22, 2016
upon sey I fair, no gurl don ever tell me "Captain you're handsome" unless I give dem money

6 Likes

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by LuveU2(f): 10:26am On Mar 22, 2016
chigoizie7:
If u re not dark skinned, please stay away from me.

Else u want to just dash me ur pùssy for free.
There are better ways to tell a woman you are not interested.

This is crude.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 22, 2016
TEAM DARK SKINNED kiss
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by chigoizie7(m): 10:32am On Mar 22, 2016
LuveU2:
There are better ways to tell a woman you are not interested.

This is crude.

These are my thoughts sis, never said that to anyone. I am not that stup!d to be blunt to people, u know?
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 22, 2016
Endorsed.

Guess what i cant even say black is beautiful because i will be lying.

Beautiful people in dark skin need to know the truth. Which is they are not any less beautiful than their fair counterparts.

Nice one Op.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 22, 2016
kramfonos:

[s] Oh really? Then how come NIGERIAN women are said to purchase 77% of skin-lightening products coming into Africa? Which Nigerian woman doesn't have skin-lightening soaps and/ or creams?

[/s]

OFF POINT

6 Likes

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by LuveU2(f): 10:45am On Mar 22, 2016
chigoizie7:

These are my thoughts sis, never said that to anyone. I am not that stup!d to be blunt to people, u know?
hmmmm okay then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Nairalanders Set To Tie The Knot On Saturday / Is It Right To Give A Lady Money After A Date? / Man Shares The Response He Got After He Gifted His ‘Love’ ₦20k On Her Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.