Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) (31166 Views)

Lagos Man Searches For A Light-Skinned Lady He Met In A Bus Yesterday / Neighbours Are Tired Of Our Moaning; Nigerian Man Shares Photos Of Oyinbo Babe / Guys Are No Longer Finding Dark Skinned Women Attractive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 22, 2016
Miggs:
what intelligence?who is deceiving you that you are intelligent?when did dilly-dallying start being categorized as intelligence?I don't believe you are intelligent because you simply haven't displayed any sort of intelligence on this thread.comot joooorrr
You did it anyway.
What reaction did you want from me when you typed this,yer insult up
Ain't much fer me ta do.
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by jayloms: 1:52pm On Mar 22, 2016
Chommieblaq:

U so right, we are to be blame for our insecurity, lemme digress small, most of the things we do, we do it for our fellow women, it's more like competition n tryna put each oda down, a man don't know the difference btw xpression n human hair, they just want u to be neat buh some even do many things to meet up to their fellow girl.

Back to topic, ma closest friend, once told me that am too dark, was advising me to tone up(till date, she still talk about it), that the cream I use is not working (Olay) , that I need to do something about ma color,. Now imagine that statement coming from a fellow girl, if I hadn't been confident about myself I would have heed her advise.
The guys contribute a little buh the main problem lies with the women.

Tanx babe, for vindicating us.
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by MrCork: 1:53pm On Mar 22, 2016
nikkypearl:
Black is beautiful!

Mrcork sey you hear I repeat, BLACK is BEAUTIFUL! tongue

...how is the fine babe in yorr picture profile sef? undecided
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by PUMPIN11(m): 1:57pm On Mar 22, 2016
LuveU2:
As funny as it may sound, there are things you should stop saying to dark skinned ladies and men. Stop the insensitivity.

Most times we hear people throw "good" and bad compliments at nonfair people without giving a thought to the psychological damage their statements can have on them and the nation.

In 2016, we should have learnt so many things from history. Come out from the cloak of willful ignorance and embrace truth.

Stop saying these to dark skin people:

1. You are dark BUT beautiful Wth. Most people say this without going through what they are saying. Why BUT and not AND? because they think dark skin is ugly! Simple. They are saying "well youve got a beautiful face and body but you are covered in ugliness." In other words, you are not so beautiful. Put it to them that this is what they imply, and they become self defensive.

But is dark skin ugly? The truth is dark skin is as ugly as fair skin just as fair skin is as beautiful as dark skin. And beautiful people come in all shades

2. You will be cuter if you were fair This is similar to the first but it carries with it such guts and certainty.

Like seriously? a beautiful 10 and a handsome 10 are brought before you and the only thing you can think of is "well they look good, but they will be better fair." Good enough, this statement only reveals the mental damage that you, the judge is suffering from.

The problem with this statement is that it denies reality. You are of the opinion that a beautiful dark skin lady will look better fair but reality says beautiful people look better always.

3. Light skinned people look better What now? Be jealous and hate yourself O ye dark people! Not only is this a lie it brings shame and disgrace to the entire continent. A lie has no good consequence.

An ugly fair man is called handsome and a handsome dark man is called average looking or some times ugly. O ye of poor taste and battered minds, you think like children and are short-sighted.

Again, reality says beautiful people look better always.

4. You are jealous and envious of light skinned people People who say this are so sure that non fair people are jealous and envious of them because they(dark people) have been made to feel lesser than them for a very long time now. In addition, many NOT MOST, dark people bleach their skins. So yea, they've got to be jealous of our "pretty" skin.

But are they right? Maybe. Some dark skin people get caught up in jealousy and envy not because fair skin is better but because the ground(system) is unlevelled and has put them at a disadvantage.

Almost all non fair people started with being comfortable in their skin not until some demons of division and deceit were let loose.

So dont pat yourself on the back thinking ye, we look better because we are fair. No, the demons of deceit are dealing with some dark people for now. Who knows whose turn it will be tomorrow.

5. Black is beautiful: Wow whats the problem with this statement? you say. Everything dear.
First, black connotes a people of a particular race. And this race has so many shades/complexions be it from extremely fair to extremely dark. They all form black. But you wonder why only a fraction is called black beauty. Are others white beauty, red beauty and so on.

If you say well you do not mean it by race but by skin shades. Then why is a chocolate woman called black beauty? Does she look black like black board? No you say. Why then do you not call her brown beauty? Fair doesnt look black. And brown doesnt look black too.

But thats not all, "black is beautiful" is a false statement because....simple, there are so many ugly black people and this alone renders it false.

You might think its a great compliment but dark skinned people are not moved because to them it is shallow and insensitive and non-problem solving. They can see through the lie.

Some even carry a mocking tone when it is said and only makes matters worse for some dark skinned people who have been battered mentally. No thanks.

At the end, dark skin is not the problem. You are.
You only form your opinions and preferencesfrom what you see on tv, magazines, in shows, etc. When you do a reality check up on yourself you will come to see dark skin for what it is. It is not ugly.

Dark skinned people will appreciate you question the lies in your head than make empty statements you do not believe yourself.

#Up next :5 things light-skinned people are tired of hearing# smileysmiley

so wot'z ur own stand?? cos i cant get dis.....dark skinned pple shld go n die or wot??
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by refiner(f): 1:59pm On Mar 22, 2016
shocked.....
make I just keep shut and watch!smiley
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by nikkypearl(f): 2:06pm On Mar 22, 2016
MrCork:

...how is the fine babe in yorr picture profile sef? undecided
undecided
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Chommieblaq(f): 2:08pm On Mar 22, 2016
jayloms:

Tanx babe, for vindicating us.

Just saying the truth bro, na we be our problem most times, in tryna to meet we end up buying wants rather than need, u see an acclaimed big girl wear n carry designers buh don't have common sanitary pad at home( am not saying we shouldn't look good) buh let's get our priorities right n confidence back.

I have lost friends n gain few great ones cos of this argument, if ur sile aim is to look attractive n sexy outwardly, we can't be friends, cos I don't wanna look sexy (it's an insult to me), I wanna be beautiful internally, spiritual, academically n physically.

And about black women complaining when a guy marries a white woman, hahahahaha na true o, we are like "after he use nkechi, Bola, and Aisha, he come go Marry oyibo or we go say na because of paper" , buh wen a lady marries a white guy, u hear great couple, they compliment each other.......... Lol **run out of thread**

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by innocent1(m): 2:10pm On Mar 22, 2016
I did not border reading everything. I just read only the headlines and I ask myself if I have evere prefared a light skinned person to a dark skinned person. The answer is NO. I think the op is writing based on his own imagination. The word "black" only means a Colour or evil to you. But to me its not. Black is beautiful to me! I adore dark skins because they are the true expresion of beauty. It never fades. You don't need any chemical or cream to keep it looking beautiful. The maintainance has be concluded from above. Black is beautiful just take it or leave it!

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by jayloms: 2:12pm On Mar 22, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Jayloms just because you've seen or experienced it does not make it untrue.
You overlooked the fact I pointed out that women are under pressure the more where beauty/appearance is concerned.
I can see you won't hear me.So goodday.

Babe, who places the pressure on you guys ??

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by MrCork: 2:12pm On Mar 22, 2016
nikkypearl:

undecided

whos the chick?
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by pennytration(m): 2:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
Every body has his/her preference. For me I cant date let alone marry a dark skinned lady. Not dat I hate dem, just my personal preference cos I dont find them attractive.
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Gmajor(m): 2:22pm On Mar 22, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
oshiomole wife grin
lol.
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 22, 2016
LuveU2:
Yes thats a lady that understands #High five#
smileywink
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by LuveU2(f): 2:39pm On Mar 22, 2016
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by nikkypearl(f): 2:40pm On Mar 22, 2016
MrCork:

whos the chick?
Question for the gods! I rep me,myself and only myself tongue
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Ladymay123: 2:43pm On Mar 22, 2016
Black is beautiful kiss
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by HaneefahRN(f): 2:45pm On Mar 22, 2016
Thanks for this piece OP.

Unfortunately there is so much self hate going on in Africa not just Nigeria. The hatred for the black skin. The hatred for their skin tone. Even the black Americans feel the heat. Women have been conditioned sort of to want compliments. But then we wonder why women especially Nigerian women bleach. Cos we have all been conditioned one way or the other to see dark skin as ugly. The media's standard for beauty is being white or fair. Everyone sees that white woman on screen, or she is beautiful, or a fair actress she is beautiful, a black artiste would attract she is dark but beautiful or she wld have looked better if she fair.
No one notices the black girl in a group of fair women. And when they do probably to comment about her she was probably forgotten in an oven or how she would have looked more beautiful if fair, or oh, she is too dark. This affects the person's psych. The oh, I'll marry a white person or fair person so my children can be beautiful. Blacks hate their skin because white supremacy runs deep.They see their own skin as unattractive

I read the diary of a black American girl from girlhood to adulthood, there was so much self loathing, so much hate for her skin, so much inferiority complex. She tried bleaching to feel better and beautiful but fortunately met a friend in College even darker than she is who was so confident of her skin tone who eventually taught her to love herself just the way she is. But most girls don't have that, they only have friends who'll tell them they are too dark and 'tone' - bleach to look beautiful.

Black celebs from Beyonce to Rihanna down to our own celebs here are actively whitening their skins. Most music videos use fair or white women in their videos so how do we want to tell the young minds, the feeble minds, those wt affected psychs that beauty comes in different skin tones, and their black is beauty? Why do we keep complaining when they bleach when we all have to change our orientations and outlook. A beautiful dark celeb once said she bleached to stop being ugly, can you imagine such mentality? That is how many people feel, cos we are being conditioned to see our skin tone as ugly and unattractive, and that is how it'll keep growing till, what?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by talkingood: 2:46pm On Mar 22, 2016
kramfonos:

Oh really? Then how come NIGERIAN women are said to purchase 77% of skin-lightening products coming into Africa? Which Nigerian woman doesn't have skin-lightening soaps and/ or creams?

Heck! You folks feel so inferior that you openly create threads to advise yourselves on how to successfully bleach your skins.

Here is one of such threads:
www.nairaland.com/1006056/reviews-best-skin-lightening-products

A 19-year-old girl once asked to use my phone to look up something on the internet. When I checked the browsing history, there were sites about skin-lightening products. 5 months later, I noticed she's light-skinned!

Tell your story to the birds!

Ƴöΰ re right bro
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Ladymay123: 2:50pm On Mar 22, 2016
Black is beautiful grin
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by focus7: 2:59pm On Mar 22, 2016
Op you opinion. Black people are never in anyway inferior to other colours, as a matter of fact black is beautiful and super.
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by darlenese(f): 3:03pm On Mar 22, 2016
Team black

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by LuveU2(f): 3:20pm On Mar 22, 2016
HaneefahRN

Thank you for your contribution. Everything you have said is true. And we all know. But they problem we are having is that we dont want to stress ourselves. We just want the easy way out of our troubles. In this case, we lighten up and encourage others to do so

Unfortunately, we are taking the deadly path. And the end is complete hatred for ourselves. We can see it, but we dont want to admit it.

Many people would run away now when they see discussions like this because they are guilty one way or the other, but time will not fail in its course.

There are many out there who are still indifferent or maybe unaware, these should be our main target. Let us becareful with what we say around them. Our compliments should be clear and honest.

We may have lost many to media conditioning but guess what more and more people prefer coming on social media platforms for information these days. This is where we should not fail in passing the message

And the good thing is...people are coming around of recent I e they are beginning to get educated about these things.

Once more, thanks for posting.

Peace
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Creamish(f): 3:26pm On Mar 22, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
I told him let's end it but He just keep quotin' me.
grin but I gotta say I'm begging ta enjoy the fight.

It'll never truly end.. even if it ends here, another thread will birth it again. Tis the Circle of Gender Beef. grin
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by Afroconnect: 3:27pm On Mar 22, 2016
This will only bother a kid...
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by HaneefahRN(f): 3:59pm On Mar 22, 2016
LuveU2:
HaneefahRN

Thank you for your contribution. Everything you have said is true. And we all know. But they problem we are having is that we dont want to stress ourselves. We just want the easy way out of our troubles. In this case, we lighten up and encourage others to do so

Unfortunately, we are taking the deadly path. And the end is complete hatred for ourselves. We can see it, but we dont want to admit it.

Many people would run away now when they see discussions like this because they are guilty one way or the other, but time will not fail in its course.

There are many out there who are still indifferent or maybe unaware, these should be our main target. Let us becareful with what we say around them. Our compliments should be clear and honest.

We may have lost many to media conditioning but guess what more and more people prefer coming on social media platforms for information these days. This is where we should not fail in passing the message

And the good thing is...people are coming around of recent I e they are beginning to get educated about these things.

Once more, thanks for posting.

Peace

U're welcome sis.
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by ShayGirl(f): 4:41pm On Mar 22, 2016
No one can compel me with words to make me feel bad about my skin colour cos sincerely, am Proud to be dark-skinned..
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by ShayGirl(f): 4:43pm On Mar 22, 2016
No one can compel me with words to make me feel bad about my skin colour cos sincerely, am Proud to be dark-skinned..

If only there is anoda word for it, i'll prove that "Black is beautiful" is even an understatement.cheesycheesy
Re: 5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) by love4blkwomen: 8:37pm On Mar 04, 2017
Truthfully I think dark skinned women are extremely gorgeous. The darker the woman the sexier she is to me. There is something about a dark skinned woman's complexion that it looks smoother and more radiant than other skin shades. Dark skin seems to accentuate the beautiful features of a black woman better. I love dark skinned women and will always profess my love and support towards them. Keep your head up women of color because one day people will see that the true standard of beauty is a very dark skinned woman.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hav U Fvk A Girl Tru Her Azz Before ? Share Ur Experience / 4 Well-kept Secrets About Womanizers / Lady Prepares Stew With N300, Advises Men Not To Marry Women Who Can't Cook Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.