Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat (42347 Views)

My Ex Wants Me Back Because She Heard That I'm Now Employed / My Wife Complains That My Maid Only Ties Wrapper / I am 21 And My BF 24 Proposed; I Feel That I'm Too Young And It's Too Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by openmine(m): 7:54am On Mar 24, 2016
sas91:
Pls I need your honest opinion on this matter , i'm a lady with an average height and weighing 70kg, my fiance always complain about my weight and I know I'm trying my best working on it. But this time around he compared me with my friend and said my friend has a better body structure than I, that i'm not more beautiful as I used to be and that if I want to be his wife then I must Slim down. And so many things I can't even mention. He finally asked if I am ready to do all he wants.
my fear is did he truly love me? what if I Slim down now and even get fatter after giving birth to a baby, wld he then hate me so much? i'm confused and scared of going on with the relationship, Pls I need advice from experienced people.

There is absolutely nothing wrong if ur fiance advises that u lose weight...after all that's not wat he saw wen he met u the first time rite?

I tink its the way and manner he conveyed the information to you....i tink both of u have communication issues which is a necessity in a relationship and marriage....

Try to find time and talk to him,politely but firm,that his mode of conveying information to you is disrespectful and wrong.....

As for you pls cut out dose junk foods u usually take,Hit the Gym and work on that body of urs....after 2 months,U will b so proud of ur body structure,maybe yan-ger fit enter... cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by Youngpo413: 7:57am On Mar 24, 2016
sas91:

5 years
no wonder.
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by pweetychyka(f): 8:23am On Mar 24, 2016
DeeTus:
Lol. Not really. Fattness is pretty not okay. There's nothing like someone looking fit. It gives joy. I can't marry a fat woman.

Hi Dee,

Remember everyone has got their own choice wink wink
I have a friend who tells me he can't date me...dat I 'm too lean for his liking!
Dat alone let's me know dat he can't date slim chics

#onemansfoodisanoda'spoison cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by DauraDullard0(m): 8:28am On Mar 24, 2016
KashyBaby:
Ur man is only attracted with u physically...why he can't accept u juz the way u are? But anyway, juz do ur best to lose weight.. get motivated to all those negative things he had said, once u get ur ideal body weight plz punch him on his face.. cheesy jk...
See them! Fat Girls Club....

Please tell her to watch her weight. She probably looks like a bag of beans and you expect her boyfriend not to complain. The bobo sef get patience.
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 24, 2016
Oh blimey, all the fat birds have come out in defense of one of their kind? grin

If you ladies used this much energy in dieting, exercise, and restraint when eating four amala with five kpomo maybe we wouldn't have so many fat women everywhere.

I for one don't think there's anything appealing in a fat stretch mark laden, double chin having woman!

Don't exercise for any man, but do it for yourself!! You should Want to get in shape so you can live a healthy life!!

Curvy, big, bold or whatever politically correct term they call fat women now, It's all the same!! Fat is unhealthy!
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 24, 2016
NemzySeries:

aw tall are u? nice dp tho

5,'7"/8"
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by debbydee(f): 8:58am On Mar 24, 2016
Girl use your tongue to count your teeth.

The guy does not love you. Before i got married i was a size 8 after giving birth i became a size 12 not that i let go of my stature/body but some things are better left unsaid. I will advise you go for someone that loves you truly even with your fat body. Dont mind him oo he is just looking for an excuse to dump you. He no see say you fat before. Abeg leave the guy he does not deserve you.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by vivypretty(f): 9:02am On Mar 24, 2016
ireneony:
that is not the way she is...
you mean loving herself by keep eating like an elephant undecided
body shapes differ and there are people who naturally are fat (no matter what or when they eat) while some are thin no matter the amount of food they consume.
Dont u know that the way a man that claims he loves her and complains about her body to the extent of comparing her with her friend can make her hate herself n lose her self confidence because when she walks into a room n people stare at her she will think they are seeing how fat she is and they dont like it just like her boyfriend doesnt

she can only be happy n work on herself if she doesnt like how fat she is and that way her mind is set and nothing stops her from getting the best result

NB:i never said she should eat like an elephant

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 24, 2016
pweetychyka:

Hi Dee,

Remember everyone has got their own choice wink wink
I have a friend who tells me he can't date me...dat I 'm too lean for his liking!
Dat alone let's me know dat he can't date slim chics

#onemansfoodisanoda'spoison cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Hallo, that guy is funny. He probably doesn't know what he wants. He's blindfolded I guess. cheesy

You're not too lean but dark, slim and pretty. You look so sweet especially on jeans. cheesy cheesy

Let me stop here before these guys start thinking something else.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by pweetychyka(f): 9:17am On Mar 24, 2016
DeeTus:
Hallo, that guy is funny. He probably doesn't know what he wants. He's blindfolded I guess. cheesy

You're not too lean but dark, slim and pretty. You look so sweet especially on jeans. cheesy cheesy

Let me stop here before these guys start thinking something else.

Thanks for the compliment.... but remember he's got his choice wink
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by hope4charles(m): 9:22am On Mar 24, 2016
Adaeze003:

I weigh about 72 myself, I'm 5'10 and I'm more than content with my body. So any modern man that doesn't like me should shift na, plenty fish in the sea...

I still repeat that there are better ways to go about it if he truly loves her. Go jogging with her, register in a gym with her or find someone to go with her if he can't coz working out is fun when there's someone else and it'll serve as motivation. You don't motivate someone by kicking them down! I mean, they have been dating for 5 years, I'm pretty sure he knows her and what such words can do to her.

Imagine if your girl told you "see, your mates have cars and ya still jumping keke" as a modern man that you are, will you feel motivated?

I just don't want to give the op any advise before someone will say Adaeze ruined a relationship... but I know I can't even keep such people as acquaintances....
Adaeze wow, I get ur point, but u need to understand that the criticism here is supposed or intend to be a motivational one, that will spur her to start making or taking necessary steps to work on herself, some women can be obstinate sometimes, so a little coercing is important to keep her on her toes, if my girl tell me that my mates are riding cars I am into kekes I will take it as a challenge and improve, but remember we are talking about health here so she should maybe due to sabi sabi she has maybe stopped been beautiful and sexy the way she use to be, 5yrs, so don't blame the man much, the OP is old enough to know what she wants.
Besides you are quite healthy and trim despite that I haven't seen u, lemme speak my native language, Nne ebu spec nm. Lol

Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by Mikwus(f): 9:34am On Mar 24, 2016
You asked a question and you already answered it all by yourself.

Can you really handle it when you eventually give birth and add weight, then he finds a "barbie doll" out there?

What you cannot handle, do not try to manage, marriage is not meant to be endured and managed.

Loosing weight for him or for yourself, which will serve you best? What ever that does not empower you and make you feel good about yourself or have great self esteem, does not deserve to be in your life.

My 2 cents. Start feeling good about you and all things will fall in place.

sas91:
Pls I need your honest opinion on this matter , i'm a lady with an average height and weighing 70kg, my fiance always complain about my weight and I know I'm trying my best working on it. But this time around he compared me with my friend and said my friend has a better body structure than I, that i'm not more beautiful as I used to be and that if I want to be his wife then I must Slim down. And so many things I can't even mention. He finally asked if I am ready to do all he wants.
my fear is did he truly love me? what if I Slim down now and even get fatter after giving birth to a baby, wld he then hate me so much? i'm confused and scared of going on with the relationship, Pls I need advice from experienced people.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by glamour29557(f): 9:43am On Mar 24, 2016
hahahaha funny u, tanks 4 appreciating us anyway
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by Ugosample(m): 9:50am On Mar 24, 2016
hungryboy:
The time, were him been come chyk you, him no been see say you fat?,
Aunty, that ram is only looking for an excuse to dump you, maybe, him don already get another consignment sef were dey wait am for him warehouse,

O ti ye e
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by slowbreeze(f): 10:03am On Mar 24, 2016
sas91:

So many comments here..In as much as im not an advocate of being overweight,bt dear u jst myt begin to consider ur other "fans" cos d guy myt either av a crush on ur friend or simply luking for a way to dump u.
I av been in such a situation before...and wasnt surprised wen d rltshp fell apart,cos by d following month he got married to a fat lady(lol)!!! I was even skinnier than.bt well, watch ur weight as much as u can (fat no dey reign)keep other options in view(jst in case),and above all love ur body!!!
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by Heineken(m): 10:05am On Mar 24, 2016
Vinshu:
Go to the gym. Some guys don't like fat ladies.

Control your diet.

Avoid junk foods.

Do a lot of exercise. And if you give birth to a child still remain slim. It's not hard.

lol some guys? Most dear... Fat girls na issue mbok.
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by Heineken(m): 10:09am On Mar 24, 2016
hope4charles:

You all talking as if you guys don't understand the physic of a man, a man is moved by what he sees a woman is moved by what she hears, me personally I don't like fat women because it comes with a lot of its difficulties and side effects, I will first see ur features and lust after it and when I see ur characters and those inward good things I will then fall in love, so sister all those saying that the guy is after ur body are basically deceiving you, u better hit the gym and look trendy and trim, so that guy won't be shy working around with u, we all want the best.
man you're sharp. Take five Jor......I can't Marry fat girls o because I go shy to stroll with her sef.
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by Heineken(m): 10:11am On Mar 24, 2016
meelorlah:
grin I always look forward to seeing your comments, always sensible and really funny. Op, se looto ni pe eyin naa ma nfa bi igbin, e je watch wetii yin, ke de korajo
lol mm. Please what's the meaning of korajo and fa bi igbin. I understand the rest.
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by multicolored(f): 10:16am On Mar 24, 2016
He is tired of you,just looking for a reason to dump you.
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 24, 2016
I will advice you to lose the weight only because you want to not because he wants you to..A man who cannot accept you exactly the way you are doesnot deserve you...you think loosing weight becos he said so means he won't have another thing he won't complain about Honey, when you lose a certain amount of weight, your body changes, your once full breasts becomes flat becos the fat in them are gone, your body become a annoyingly soft , stretch Mark appears every where becos your skin is not as stretched as it used to be, so now that are very visible..trust me you won't look like all those slim models you see o..infact sometimes you will think it's better been fat ...the only way you will survive this is to lose weight because it is what you want, not because some one threatened you to.

You think he still won't complain about all this after loosing the weight??you are kidding
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by hope4charles(m): 10:41am On Mar 24, 2016
Heineken:
man you're sharp. Take five Jor......I can't Marry fat girls o because I go shy to stroll with her sef.
Thanks God someone gets the drift, ol boy na this kind case of fat girls way if we dey stroll I go dey back dey form call or text she go dey front think say na me and her dey. Lol shame sabi catch me oh
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by froxykiss(m): 10:53am On Mar 24, 2016
op pack ur load n push.... d nigga wan chop anoda fresh soup frm anoda pot.
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by Heineken(m): 10:54am On Mar 24, 2016
hope4charles:

Thanks God someone gets the drift, ol boy na this kind case of fat girls way if we dey stroll I go dey back dey form call or text she go dey front think say na me and her dey. Lol shame sabi catch me oh
hahahahah.. This thang happened to me just last week. The girl na my long lost friend. Mehn I saw her last wk and she Don fat.. As I go pick her na sense I use dey her back... She say make I come front na..as we reach house she start dey vex say me no want make people see us together..I say no be so.. I just York her since then I no call her.. Fat ke
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by hope4charles(m): 11:03am On Mar 24, 2016
Heineken:
hahahahah.. This thang happened to me just last week. The girl na my long lost friend. Mehn I saw her last wk and she Don fat.. As I go pick her na sense I use dey her back... She say make I come front na..as we reach house she start dey vex say me no want make people see us together..I say no be so.. I just York her since then I no call her.. Fat ke
Hahahahahahahahaha badt guy, serious I did the same thing last 2 months to a chic, long lost friend she come fat lose even shape come even dey tell me say she dey snore ohh, and that any man that will not accept her like that should leave, my guy after that day invitation, I no dey related well with am again, she come block me for what's app, unfriend me for Facebook, oly boy na so I come dey thank God say she use her hand run. Lol fat mbanu. If I marry u slim and u come fat when u born I go understand, but now u never born u come bloat like this ol boy when u born u go become bloatware then.
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by OILOFGLADNESS: 11:06am On Mar 24, 2016
my dear do not be decieved.
that man didint love you.
yes people might have standard for marriage.
but love will cover all.
i repeat!!! he didnt love you.
Normally we ladies never want to get fight.
we try on our own to slim and maintain nice shape
if he loves you, all he can do is to help you slim down.
did he register you with a gym center?
have he ever taken you to gym?
did he buy any of the gym facilities for you?
how many times have he taken you on early money road walk?
Only complain and complain,
yes there are women that naturally remains the way they are after birth and there are those that works hard to shade weight but ANY MAN THAT MAKES IT A LAW OR USE IT AS A THREAT FOR MARRIAGE>
BABY RUN BEFORE YOU ARE RUIN.
BUT ANY MAN THAT COMPARES YOU WITH ANOTHER AND USE IT AS A YARDSTICK TO MARRY YOU.
MY DEAR RUN AWAYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
DONT FALL SO SHEEP
EXCEPT IF YOU ARE A HUSBAND BEGGER.
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by Heineken(m): 11:17am On Mar 24, 2016
hope4charles:

Hahahahahahahahaha badt guy, serious I did the same thing last 2 months to a chic, long lost friend she come fat lose even shape come even dey tell me say she dey snore ohh, and that any man that will not accept her like that should leave, my guy after that day invitation, I no dey related well with am again, she come block me for what's app, unfriend me for Facebook, oly boy na so I come dey thank God say she use her hand run. Lol fat mbanu. If I marry u slim and u come fat when u born I go understand, but now u never born u come bloat like this ol boy when u born u go become bloatware then.
lol. She go become caterpillar na. Fat girls no dey sweet sef. I no know wetin do me during my service bro.. I enter one joint after I Don high I see this girl.... We enter truly she fat.. She opened ehn I swear my highness cleared sharply. Swag dem no get sef.
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by hope4charles(m): 11:37am On Mar 24, 2016
Heineken:
lol. She go become caterpillar na. Fat girls no dey sweet sef. I no know wetin do me during my service bro.. I enter one joint after I Don high I see this girl.... We enter truly she fat.. She opened ehn I swear my highness cleared sharply. Swag dem no get sef.
Lol, anyway, they should know that since they demand romance they should also stay trim so both will be better appreciated and work together.
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by MRBrownJ: 4:17pm On Mar 24, 2016
Youngpo413:
The truth is even if she do all these, the guy will still dump her, he is tired and looking for a way to bail... True true, one man's meat is another man's poison cos personally I love them FAT.

so what you are saying is that, if you are dating a fat woman, and she suddenly start to get slim, you will continue in this union without saying a thing?

@OILOFGLADNESS
so you actually believe that because of "love" we men become zombies and can never be HONEST again to our partners?!
honesty is one of the foundation of love and expecting someone to be fake and pretend that all is good, is NOT love. yes that man should help in the pursuit of slimmer figure but that doesnt change the fact that he MUST tell her what time it is, and what the consequences will be if she doesnt succeed. also there are criterias/reasons why we do fall in love, and when these criterias aint met any longer then the union must be re-evaluated. yes, we (men) know that women would rather that we love them unconditionally, but that is just in Disney fairy tales. everything that changes in your partner (or the r/ship you guys have) must warrant a re-evaluation.

also there are laws/threats made by partners in marriage all the time, example: i dont want you to work, i want the house cleaned and dinner ready as i enter the house, i dont want you to talk to stranger, you cant have any contact with your ex or former life, etc, and if the partner ACCEPT these sometimes crazy laws, then they have to abide by them. a woman cant say "ok" to her husband and then come on NL to biatch about these laws. she should have said NO (like an adult) in her partner's face, and suffer whatever consequences came with such action.

as for the comparison, we are ALL guilty of it. we dont mind when women compare our jobs/cars/house/wealth etc to that of the neighbours or whoever.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 25, 2016
pweetychyka:

Thanks for the compliment.... but remember he's got his choice wink
It's okay.
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by Bhella5(m): 11:55am On Mar 25, 2016
YorubaWoman:
Emi o gboyinbo o.

Ki la n ba ka undecided
Okunrin to ba nife eyan kosi gbogbo pe o ti sanra ju, lo reduce wetii e, mi sure pe ma ma mu o re ode
Ko tie ni wo nkankan rara, ki lan pe ni ife latokan wa undecided

Awa 84kg gan, won si nbe wa ka ma reduce. Awa ga na
Abi eyin na ma nfa bi igbin ni
E ma nro bi eni to ti dade ni joun cheesy
Abi ijewuru leyin na to je pe gbogbo mindinmindin le nda losi ona ofun
E gbera kan mo, ko sife larin yin

Your relationship is more of physical. No love!
Arabirin se looto ni npe 84kg le won lori oshunwo? To ba je be e dinku die o ti po ju. BTW Mo ma n gbadun yin gaan.
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by NemzySeries(m): 1:16pm On Mar 29, 2016
Oliviaarims:

5,'7"/8"
wao....u pwetty tall.....im tall as well but wunt mind settling dwn wit a taller lady
Re: My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 29, 2016
NemzySeries:

wao....u pwetty tall.....im tall as well but wunt mind settling dwn wit a taller lady

Lol. Goodluck with that. Ur kids will be quite impressionably tall.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

You Want To Call Your Lover & Your Phone Is Dead... / 2 Nigerian Boys Propose To Their Pretty White Girlfriends At The Same Time (vid) / Man Spends 21 Hours On His Knees Begging His Ex-Girlfriend To Take Him Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.