Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? (38627 Views)

"What My Fiance Did For Me After Breaking My Leg In An Accident". Photos / A Facebook User Discovers His Ex-Girlfriend is HIV Positive After Breaking Up / My Fiance Is Leaving Me , Cause I Let Out My Painful And Biggest Secrets To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 23, 2016
I really like your theory. Plaudible. You made very valid points and observations.

ireneony:
I dont know why HIV is so rampant in subsahara Africa undecided the chance of getting hiv in europe is relatively low.
With the little time I have lived here, I have never come across hiv advert on tv the way it is publicised in Africa. The truth is black men like having multiple partners.
The reason hiv is high in africa is; for example a Nigerian man keeps many sexual partners and he continues to sleep with them at the same time or period without protection, the chances of him to spread and contract the virus is very high. Now, a white man can sleep with different women without condoms but he only sleep with them once and move to the next person, so the chance of him infecting and contracting is low. The truth is white and east asians are faithful to theirs partners that's why there is no hiv epidemic there like the way it is in africa.

this is just my theory#
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 23, 2016
SirAweezy:
In as much as she needs you right now... Stop giving her hope for marriage, don't say anything just be neutral, it's a phase it will pass on its own.

What are you trying to say?

The two can still get married and she still has years and years to live

Stop being ignorant. undecided
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by sunkieisland(m): 11:53am On Mar 23, 2016
If the hiv results is authentic and you've been intimately involving (indulging) in Jerusalem journeys, then we need to examine your gf if she's playing two leagues at the same time. If she's doing it somewhere else, be thankful you're not infected already.

Then come to my laboratory *winks, your blood might be d key to finding cure for HIV.

Na my scientific mind i take talk am o, before some ppl come to quote me unnecessarily

1 Like

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 23, 2016
ireneony:
I dont know why HIV is so rampant in subsahara Africa undecided the chance of getting hiv in europe is relatively low.
With the little time I have lived here, I have never come across hiv advert on tv the way it is publicised in Africa. The truth is black men like having multiple partners.
The reason hiv is high in africa is; for example a Nigerian man keeps many sexual partners and he continues to sleep with them at the same time or period without protection, the chances of him to spread and contract the virus is very high. Now, a white man can sleep with different women without condoms but he only sleep with them once and move to the next person, so the chance of him infecting and contracting is low. The truth is white and east asians are faithful to theirs partners that's why there is no hiv epidemic there like the way it is in africa.

this is just my theory#

The last time I checked sex is not the only way to contact HIV.

And I don't think Africans care about safety or sterilisation

In other words, stop painting our men black. It is very unattractive.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 23, 2016
Chukky86:
Please do not trust anyone... Most especially Ladies.. Dony be deceive by saying maybe she got cut by sharp object. Only her knows whats up. Girls can Lie just to look innocent. 70% of hiv+ got it unprotected sex. The only reason you still sticking with her... It because you pity her. With time you distances yourself. Please do not promise marrige. The best thing you can do is let her realise life goes on and it doesn't change anything.. She will take time to adjust.

You are stupid and ignorant

Why don't you just tell us how she got it through sex?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by RexTramadol1: 11:58am On Mar 23, 2016
Sée Shuga
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by shocker007(m): 12:01pm On Mar 23, 2016
A Cure has been detected few days back.
So try hold it in there till it gets circulated.

http://gizmodo.com/hiv-successfully-edited-out-of-immune-cells-1766413957
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 23, 2016
ireneony:

this is just my theory#
The discussion on here is not about where HIV is rampant and what makes it? Gain understanding! Subsahara africa is just a part of africa and not " africa " as a whole this does not agree with your assertion. There is no epidemic anywhere undecided
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Joshcoli(m): 12:05pm On Mar 23, 2016
Well... for me, I don't have the mind
I will run
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by lantres000(m): 12:05pm On Mar 23, 2016
sben2308:
Am still lost cuz how could she and u not have wen u been intimate .I suggest u go to another clinic for test cuz there maybe a mix up along d way .It may be d doctor or nurse mistake .

Very Possible. Though they say its always advisable that you go for another test after 3 months.
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by SirAweezy(m): 12:07pm On Mar 23, 2016
daretodiffer:

What are you trying to say?

The two can still get married and she still has years and years to live

Stop being ignorant. undecided

Madam I was a Journalist for 12 years, my first investigative story/Research was on HIV patients. I am sorry don't believe all this you can still marry thingy it's very risky. You need money to stay with an HIV infected partner.

I know there are drugs you take before intercourse and all that... but
Seriously the chances of you not being infected is slim.
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Chommieblaq(f): 12:07pm On Mar 23, 2016
Atlantian:
Hahaha there is 5 minutes test-kits in pharmacy everywhere though. Looks like pregnancy test-kit.

It's called Biosure, looks like pregnancy test strip n it's accurate.
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by sisisioge: 12:13pm On Mar 23, 2016
Omg! I'm so sorry to hear this. Be there for her but do not marry her o. I'm sorry. She wouldn't marry you too if tables were turned. It is well.
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 23, 2016
SirAweezy:

Madam I was a Journalist for 12 years, my first investigative story/Research was on HIV patients. I am sorry don't believe all this you can still marry thingy it's very risky. You need money to stay with an HIV infected partner.

I know there are drugs you take before intercourse and all that... but
Seriously the chances of you not being infected is slim.

Being a journalist does not mean that you cannot be a superstitious ignoramus

You cannot do it means you cannot do it. Don't force your unbiased opinion onto others. If you were so informed, you would know that you should give him the whole info not what you think however if you wanted him to do what you think, learn to make that perfectly clear.

They need to go to the hospital and to be educated on their options.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Dynamite02: 12:15pm On Mar 23, 2016
iSellUsedCars:

I insisted they took the test again. We've not been intimate for a month now. Thus, she probably just contracted it. I'll try another clinic in the morning however. Thank you
She should go to a very good lab and run a confirmation test. I've had similar experience the first rubbish test was positive the confirmation and others I've done till date is negative
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by ireneony(f): 12:17pm On Mar 23, 2016
daretodiffer:

The last time I checked sex is not the only way to contact HIV.

And I don't think Africans care about safety or sterilisation

In other words, stop painting our men black. It is very unattractive.
according to research, sex make up 80% why d virus is been transmitted. Among Africans is mostly through straight people while in the developed countries is mostly m2m sexual activities.

Becos I'm black I should sugarcoat the bitter truth? I'm tired of the stereotypes of Africans having diseases and famine.
We have to get our act right cos I don't like the way mama africa is been portrayed in the western world.
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by ireneony(f): 12:19pm On Mar 23, 2016
majekdom2:
The discussion on here is not about where HIV is rampant and what makes it? Gain understanding! Subsahara africa is just a part of africa and not " africa " as a whole this does not agree with your assertion. There is no epidemic anywhere undecided
well tell that to southern africa undecided
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by succyreal(m): 12:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
my advice is that u should increase your love towards her and make her believe u love her. then marry her immediately.
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 23, 2016
Europeans and asians are just as promiscuous as Blacks trust me....they do anyhow and are even less likely to use condoms unlike HIV wary blacks!

This is my theory: I suspect that Africa's higher rate of HIV has more to do with our physiology than behavior....men who have slept with white, black and asian women can bear me witness but I think black women have the narrowest or "tightest" vaginas.

They are thus likely to experience more pain and vaginal tears after sex which, unlike other races of women, leaves them exposed and VERY prone to contracting diseases. There was some study on African prostitutes somehow becoming immune to HIV after extended periods of sex work, only to become infected when they retired for a while and then returned to the business....this fits into a scenario where a woman's hole is stretched after having sex so many times that the risk of contracting diseases is minimal. Taking a break from constant sex gives her vagina time to shrink, increasing her risk.

This is the same reason why anal or gay sex is also risky...tight holes prone to bleeding.

ireneony:

this is just my theory#
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Noblepeace: 12:24pm On Mar 23, 2016
Is not easy bro! I have pass that road 11months ago when my wife to be was diagnosed of HIV while I was positive. I advised her to go for counseling and start taking her drugs but she refused and insisted that it was send to her by her enemies, for six months she refused to go to hospital for counseling and probably taking her drugs rather sh choose to go to churches for prayers. I even tell the parents to talk to her but even d parents made everything wose my saying that it is sugar that is her body. I even went to hospital back they take me that if she refuse to take drugs DT I should not marry her... Men when my family had of it that was d end. Is ur choice to make I tell u but d truth is that is not easy....I do text almost every month now and for me every woman is a suspect. I don't trust anybod...
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by SirAweezy(m): 12:25pm On Mar 23, 2016
daretodiffer:

You cannot do it means you cannot do it. Don't force your unbiased opinion onto others. If you were so informed, you would know that you should give him the whole info not what you think however if you wanted him to do what you think, learn to make that perfectly clear.

It's okay! REALITY comes with a choice "Unrealistic". It is well.
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 23, 2016
daretodiffer:

I just love you. no lesbo ooo.
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 23, 2016
Carry out another test in another clinic. There may b a mix up. Goodluck
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Noblepeace: 12:33pm On Mar 23, 2016
Bro by the time when you will distinguish between love and choice you will not seek for advise. I was on that road 11months ago. Doo my case is diff from your my wife to be refused to take drug's until I lost my love for her. Is ur life, is ur choice
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by prettyjo(f): 12:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

Finally a health practitioner, I watched a program me two months back on TVC Lagos or was it channels, can't quite remember but it was about a Ghanaian lady who got HIV through a suitor while she was younger, I think in her teens and he used to come to her school and all that, anyways he had the virus and wanted to spread, he got in in her after succeeding with 2 other ladies, now the point is, in the real life story about her life, she got the retroviral drugs and it made her lead a normal sickness free life but at the end of the programme she mentioned recently when she does her hiv tests, it comes off as negative, so presently she is negative, I thought that wasn't possible but looking at her on National TV and she has had to travel the world speaking of her stories, meeting school girls, meting health organizations and she is somewhat of a popular person now with a celeb status and she is very happy as her life started with getting hiv while being a nobody to now being free of it after years and again she is married with kids and none of her kids and husband have the virus, pls educate us more on this as I thought the disease had no cure and that won't have been possible so how is her case different.
her case was different because she started the medication earlier enough this made the viral load decrease thereby becoming detectable.Although this does not happen to everybody.She may still have the virus in her system but the load is now very small dats why her kids and husband are negative.

hiv does not kill any longer and you can live your normal life.people dread it because of its first approach via stigmatization .

to me the worst disease one can have is diabetes or kidney failure.because it kills faster than anything u can ever imagined.
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 23, 2016
SirAweezy:

It's okay! REALITY comes with a choice "Unrealistic". It is well.
Tell that to those who got married despite having an infected partner

You are a journalist, your job is to inform not assume.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by ireneony(f): 12:38pm On Mar 23, 2016
Lovesdaisied:
Europeans and asians are just as promiscuous as Blacks trust me....they do anyhow and are even less likely to use condoms unlike HIV wary blacks!

This is my theory: I suspect that Africa's higher rate of HIV has more to do with our physiology than behavior....men who have slept with white, black and asian women can bear me witness but I think black women have the narrowest or "tightest" vaginas.

They are thus likely to experience more pain and vaginal tears after sex which, unlike other races of women, leaves them exposed and VERY prone to contracting diseases. There was some study on African prostitutes somehow becoming immune to HIV after extended periods of sex work, only to become infected when they retired for a while and then returned to the business....this fits into a scenario where a woman's hole is stretched after having sex so many times that the risk of contracting diseases is minimal. Taking a break from constant sex gives her vagina time to shrink, increasing her risk.

This is the same reason why anal or gay sex is also risky...tight holes prone to bleeding.

the reason is our health system is quack.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 23, 2016
ireneony:
according to research, sex make up 80% why d virus is been transmitted. Among Africans is mostly through straight people while in the developed countries is mostly m2m sexual activities.

Becos I'm black I should sugarcoat the bitter truth? I'm tired of the stereotypes of Africans having diseases and famine.
We have to get our act right cos I don't like the way mama africa is been portrayed in the western world.
Non-use of condoms or having multiple partners? The former seem more plausible than the latter. Having multiple partners is not an African thing angry
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
Noblepeace:
Bro by the time when you will distinguish between love and choice you will not seek for advise. I was on that road 11months ago. Doo my case is diff from your my wife to be refused to take drug's until I lost my love for her. Is ur life, is ur choice
Your case is perfectly understandable
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 23, 2016
missbronze:
I just love you. no lesbo ooo.
Thanks
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
baebae:
1. Run
2. Do thanksgiving in your church
3. Do not marry this girl for any reason at all. Because you will live a life of regret..

I love your mentality.

So rigid, traditional and intelligent.

So all HIV patients live a life full of regret?
I never knew grin grin
Re: Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? by prettyjo(f): 12:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
most of the advice have seen here is better imagined than read and it shows how mentally backward nigerians truly are.

@op,regardless of people's opinions.The choice to either continue with her is yours to totally make and no other.but continue to support her emotionally cos its very necessary at this period

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Spiritual Husband:unknown Problems Of Women / South African Lady Weeps Over Her 3rd Ex Who Is Getting Married / She Is Choking Me With Love, Advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.