Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police (34221 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Welcomed By Kano Residents While On Condolence Visit (Photos) / Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' / Statement By Kano Government About The Woman Murdered For Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 25, 2016
Ikechu12781:

I don't defend sluts so I'm not even going to waste my time defending an ashawo to you. Like I said earlier: na her family, na her life. It no fit concern me. If you want to throw her away and push the blame to her mother, na your own headache.

Why then don't you apply the same philosophy to us?
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by noblegrex: 7:51pm On Mar 25, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

LOL! little smooth friend, i assure you the distance i have travelled in search of knowledge or otherwise is enough for a few lifetimes, so dont lecture me about "exposure".

And what in the name of the wee man does this mean?

[s]"As for my structures, grammer and choice of words in English, bring your entire life to me. I'll teach them."?[/s]
if your sense or reasoning and your comments are what you called search for knowledge and exposure,then I'm afraid.I think I have to find another words for knowledge and exposure.

1 Like

Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Ikechu12781: 7:52pm On Mar 25, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

how is it forcing any christian to follow? has there been any case of that? again, these girls were arrested, not prosecuted!

Sharia policing shouldn't be there. They already have a government sponsored police so why add a religious one. Abeg, are you telling me if a Christian was observed doing stuff that's goes against sharia law, that person would be left alone and not prosecuted. If you say no, I'll provide you a direct articles of southerners getting arrested in North for selling beers...beer ooo.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by glossy6(f): 7:54pm On Mar 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Kano Hisbah police? This is like operating a parallel police outfit. I think something is wrong.

We have laws, our law grants freedom of movement, why should a group of young ladies be arrested by an illegal police outfit simply because they were seen in a hotel?

I think the Sharia code of Northern Nigeria need to be reviewed to align with our constitution or the country should grant full powers to regions to regulate their societies.

Release the young ladies...

Were they reading for WAEC in the hotel rooms?
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by mozele(m): 7:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
flexshop:
When would Christian states have Christian police? So anyone doing ablution in public places would be arrested? undecided angry

is ablution now a crime or you're just being sentimental?
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by akigbemaru: 7:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
sharia police
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
noblegrex:
if your sense or reasoning and your comments are what you called search for knowledge and exposure,then I'm afraid.I think I have to find another words for knowledge and exposure.

I said i was searching for it, still am, never said i found it.

But then again do we ever?

Yet there are basic things even the freshest of students can understand.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Ikechu12781: 7:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Why then don't you apply the same philosophy to us?

Again..which of your philosophy did I speak against? I said una should respect the Christians and other religious groups in that state by removing something that also goes after them despite they don't follow the law they are enforcing. How is that going against your philosophy?

Or is it me talking about northern girls being slutty too? As i said earlier all iwas passing out is thar..una need to stop the whole passing blame to southern tribes. We all know the Northerners are just as slutty as South girls. No question about that. I was addressing that comment to the dude that blamed yorubas women using an article that's completely different from what the OP posted
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
KanoAbiaBabe:
The surprising thing is that most prostitutes in kano are hausa girls and 70% are of their customers are indigenes of the state especially in Abadie,Sanyolu and Sanigiwa streets all in sabongari . The shari'a Guys did what they know how to do best. Kudos to them

What is your problem: prostitutes; whether Hausa, Igbos or Yoruba; Muslims or Christians were arrested and cleared off the streets; and we are happy because we don't want them - why do you sound a bit offended?
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by mozele(m): 7:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
Princewill1:
I thought they said that Nigeria is a secular state?

nothing about Nigeria is secular! Her citizens are only suffering from over-open-eyerism.

You just got scammed!
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 25, 2016
Ikechu12781:

Sharia policing shouldn't be there. They already have a government sponsored police so why add a religious one. Abeg, are you telling me if a Christian was observed doing stuff that's goes against sharia law, that person would be left alone and not prosecuted. If you say no, I'll provide you a direct articles of southerners getting arrested in North for selling beers...beer ooo.

Yes, beer has been banned in our states. this is the consensus agreement of the majority of people living there so i think if you want to conduct your businesses or what not you must respect the people playing host to you and that respect will be reciprocated. The religious force is there because its unfair to use the resources of the Country on muslims alone. The police is not dormant in these states, they are also active for those who seek their help.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by HaneefahAde(f): 8:00pm On Mar 25, 2016
The only question I have is, were there no men found patronizing them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by sevule(m): 8:00pm On Mar 25, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

I appreciate your comments Sir but I would appreciate it even more if you can stop referring to me as ignorant

You are once again showing the ignorance that I had already mentioned; the constitution comfortably accommodates Sharia under freedom of rights to religion because Sharia is a way of life for Muslims and Muslims are constitutionally guaranteed to practice their religion.

Until you can show where our constitution explicitly allows Sharia, I stand by what I earlier said that there is no provision for Sharia in our constitution hence it is unconstitutional. However it could also be argued that the constitution does not prohibit Sharia.

Secondly, you are also wrong to presume that Sharia is being applied on everybody because Sharia as practiced in Nigeria exclusively applies only to Muslims - non-Muslims are not affected.

Please read the article again. The Sharia police arrested the women and did not ask if they were muslim before they sentenced them. Let us not pretend that non muslims are NOT affected by Sharia

Thirdly, you forgot that every state is empowered to make additional laws through it's HOA for the common good of its citizen which once passed becomes binding on all residents within its jurisdiction, irrespective of culture, religion etc, provided that such law does not contradict the constitution.
For example; the current law in Kano against the sale and consumption of alcohol was legitimately passed through the above process but non-Muslims ignorantly or mischievously assumed it was as part Sharia in the state.
You may recall same prohibition laws were passed in many states in the USA in the 1930s to curb the problem of alcoholism and its attendant issues.

This is the first time that i am hearing that the ban on alcohol was passed before Sharia was implemented. I am not sure what the law states so I cannot comment on this

Lastly, there is nowhere in Nigeria where prostitution is legal, the arrest of prostitutes in Kano is therefore legally and morally correct - irrespective of who were arrested, whether Christians or Muslims.
Moreover, the approach was commendably humane, more correctional than punitive because only those whose parents refused to claim them were to be prosecuted.

I completely agree that prostitution is illegal but the ONLY authority empowered to make an arrest in Nigeria is the Nigeria Police Force. Hence the Sharia Police CANNOT and SHOULD NOT arrest non muslims. They can draw the attention of the police to the women in question and let the police handle the arrest.

It is important that we keep morals separate from the law because they are 2 different things. Your morals as a muslim is different from the morals of an African traditional worshiper but we are all governed by the law of the land
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

What is your problem: prostitutes; whether Hausa, Igbos or Yoruba; Muslims or Christians were arrested and cleared off the streets; and we are happy because we don't want them - why do you sound a bit offended?
Offended ke. You are sounding pained because I said the truth.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by COvo(m): 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

If you are soo narrow minded and dim witted to use one country as an example then you have no business airing issues with me. What about Ethiopia which has a christian majority but still has Sharia for Muslims? What about Lebanon? If you can't accommodate or respect the beliefs and respects of others then that's your problem to deal with. We are not Egypt, nor are we Egyptians. You can go and rear whatever brand of prostitutes in your states you please. Not in ours. It seems even western education can't save you animals from being animals because you don't know what to do with it. I reiterate your statement, if you can't respond intelligently then do what you should have done in the first place, shut the fvck up!
Blind Muslim Monkey

1 Like

Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 25, 2016
Ikechu12781:

Again..which of your philosophy did I speak against? I said una should respect the Christians and other religious groups in that state by removing something that also goes after them despite they don't follow the law they are enforcing. How is that going against your philosophy?

Or is it me talking about northern girls being slutty too? As i said earlier all iwas passing out is thar..una need to stop the whole passing blame to southern tribes. We all know the Northerners are just as slutty as South girls. No question about that. I was addressing that comment to the dude that blamed yorubas women using an article that's completely different from what the OP posted

lol! no, northerners are not just as slutty as southern girls, northerners being promiscuous are isolated cases while in your areas its the norm. so there is a question about it. Please, how many of your women get married as virgins for instance?

Why shouldnt they follow these basic laws? how about you go to india and eat a cow and see what happens to you. tell them you dont follow their laws.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by ATajur(m): 8:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
Adaowerri111:
Lol, so prostitutes still dey kano, no wonder they keep adopting and converting, no decent gals remaining over there
all d gals that arrested is igbo gals not hausa
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
COvo:

Blind Muslim Monkey

wow! your intellectual genius is unrivaled.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by noblegrex: 8:11pm On Mar 25, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

I said i was searching for it, still am, never said i found it.

But then again do we ever?

Yet there are basic things even the freshest of students can understand.
well, you'll only learn when you decided not to see life as jaundice. Open your mind and free it up. You can't learn when you don't want to learn and think you've got all what it take to be wise...wisdom is SWEET even if you have to be foolish to be wise.its good and that's why I like to EXPLORE. Exploration is one good way to enlightenment.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
noblegrex:
well, you'll only learn when you decided not to see life as jaundice. Open your mind and free it up. You can't learn when you don't want to learn and think you've got all what it take to be wise...wisdom is SWEET even if you have to be foolish to be wise.its good and that's why I like to EXPLORE. Exploration is one good way to enlightenment.

Good for you. I think this conversation has run its course.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Adesiji77: 8:21pm On Mar 25, 2016
What about the men who patronized them? Do they want us to believe that those girls are gays? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by suyamasta(m): 8:22pm On Mar 25, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Yes, beer has been banned in our states. this is the consensus agreement of the majority of people living there so i think if you want to conduct your businesses or what not you must respect the people playing host to you and that respect will be reciprocated. The religious force is there because its unfair to use the resources of the Country on muslims alone. The police is not dormant in these states, they are also active for those who seek their help.
Just imagine that beer banned Why was cigarette not also banned? You cant say Kano is hosting non-Muslims thats implying all kano indigenes are Muslims which is very incorrect!
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 25, 2016
suyamasta:
Just imagine that beer banned Why was cigarette not also banned? You cant say Kano is hosting non-Muslims thats implying all kano indigenes are Muslims which us very incorrect!

99% are muslims, the rest are pagans. Cigarette wasn't banned because no one ever smoked a cigarette and went streaking naked, cigarette doesn't make you high or drunk.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by dumodust(m): 8:28pm On Mar 25, 2016
Maybe the customary courts in the south should start arresting wandering cattle herders that wade into farms

1 Like

Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by flexshop(m): 8:29pm On Mar 25, 2016
mozele:

is ablution now a crime or you're just being sentimental?

Ablution was used as an analogy. I didn't want to use abusive characteristics to qualify any religion.
Since you asked should christian police arrest peadophilic moslems engaged in underage marriages?
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Amazing4grace(m): 8:33pm On Mar 25, 2016
from sheria court to sheria police.......... what NEXT
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by dayowunmi(m): 8:33pm On Mar 25, 2016
Does being In a hotel automatically mean you are there to have sex? I don't get all these nonsense. And if they are there to have sex, so far as they are adults, what da heck! All these self righteousness yet we are one of the most corrupt and perverse nations.

1 Like

Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 25, 2016
dumodust:
Maybe the customary courts in the south should start arresting wandering cattle herders that wade into farms

Cattle herding is an occupation. If you can admit prostitution is your occupation then maybe we'll make provisions for you. Besides, you can set herding laws if you want, we'll follow them. We are law abiding people.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by suyamasta(m): 8:38pm On Mar 25, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

99% are muslims, the rest are pagans. Cigarette wasn't banned because no one ever smoked a cigarette and went streaking naked, cigarette doesn't make you high or drunk.
That cannot be correct! and how many people drink and go naked ? if cigs dont make you high then why do smokers see it as a fun activity ? I can see your self righteous positing leading to your conclusion of religious supremacy!
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 25, 2016
suyamasta:
That cannot be correct! and how many people drink and go naked ? if cigs dont make you high then why do smokers see it as a fun activity ? I can see your self righteous positing leading to your conclusion of religious supremacy!

People smoke for the same reason they drink coffee. Don't get me wrong, they're both very bad addictive habits but they don't mess with your senses. I'm just saying alcohol gets you drunk and drunk people do all kinds of things. They're not in their senses afterall.
Re: 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police by kelvee(m): 8:58pm On Mar 25, 2016
#BRINGBACKAWAGIRLS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader / 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM / Emmanuel Eze, Igbo Trader Kidnapped In Kano – Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.