Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? (18774 Views)

Wrong! 3 Lies About 'unconditional Love' That KILL Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by jess(f): 12:42pm On Nov 17, 2006
Hi guys,
            the issue of broken relationships during NYSC isn't only a female thing. the guys are also guilty of "falling into temptation" too, so please stop making it sound like we ladies are the "devils" here. For me, i believe that anyone in a relationship should know the meaning of faithfulness, commitment and love. When you say you love someone, it means that you are faithful and commited to that person irrespective of distance. Anyone who uses distance as a basis to break a relationship was never in love in the first place.
            Let's not blame NYSC for anything, but rather try to strenghten our relationships by building it on a firm foundation. Pray to God to give you the grace to be faithful to each other at all times because none of us is immune to temptation on our own. My Fiance and I have had distance between us that most times when we get back it's like we are starting afresh. I have had temptations, but when i remember our promise to ourselves and the fact that i'll be hurting him by my actions, i overcome with the grace of God. Let us work on ourselves and our existing relationships before we go on NYSC and we'll be able to reduce the rate of broken relationships as long as we truly love our spouses, boyfriends or girlfriends. Thats my opinion. Chao guys.

1 Like

Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by ghengis(m): 12:56pm On Nov 17, 2006
abeg!!! which one be koko factor again? de kin new words wey i don hia since i enta N/R na wa!!

@Jess
Actually, no one is blaming the only the ladies, just that the stats say its more common with you guys.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Bolarge(m): 2:08pm On Nov 17, 2006
[             the issue of broken relationships during NYSC isn't only a female thing. the guys are also guilty of "falling into temptation" too, so please stop making it sound like we ladies are the "devils" here.

@ jess

Sorry if it sounds like we're indicting the ladies alone.Didn't mean it that way.
Y'see the spotlight's on d ladies simply because they're the ones subjected to societal constraints @ home esp where sex is concerned.Guys are allowed to give vent to their sexual cravings by the same society dt frowns at ladies doin' likewise.The liberty dt the NYSC service year bequeathes to ladies therefore brings out a more marked response/change in their hitherto prudish/'born-again"/"good-girl" attitudes. 
 The same rule applies to people restricted by their religious affiliations @home.
There are n' will always be exceptions of course.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by cuddle(f): 7:04pm On Nov 17, 2006
there's really something evil abt NYSC,my 6yr old relationship crashed during mine & my girlfriends also hv d same experience.i vote dat d scrap up dat shit!! NYSC SUCKS!
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by orekelewaa: 9:37pm On Nov 19, 2006
ive not gone for mine so i dunno wot will happen but i think its too bad not to be able to wait. Well maybe its d freedom and wide range of ppl and no familiar ppl to cautn u. Just pray both u n ur partner stand.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by osegwu(m): 7:53am On Nov 20, 2006
We kept saying girls, girls. What about boys? It takes two to tangle.
Anything those girls do out there in the camp, know that they have an
accomplice, and most often than not they are always boys except the few gays.
personally, i am an open minded person and i have been there and seen it all.
The Copper i was lusting after was busy lusting after another person that she did not
even have the time to notice me. I am actually trying to say is
that the world is corrupt but withing this corrupt system there are still some decent
ones who you can confidently take home to mother. We have good people
and we have bad people even among the people Master Jesus selected himself
someone still betrayed him. This is the true fact of life. And like i said earlier it
has nothing to do with NYSC.

Still me
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by freddie1(m): 12:34pm On Nov 20, 2006
i think the scheme affords the bad ones to mess up for the last time probably, not knowing it was going to blow up in their faces.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by iice(f): 2:46pm On Nov 20, 2006
@Topic, isnt it expected? Not many people can handle long distance relationship that well and lets face it, not everyone can resist temptation no matter how we wish it.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by ObaMan(m): 5:16pm On Nov 20, 2006
[color=#000099][/color]
Hey, NYSC makes u decide the way forward in ur life, it doesnt spoil relationships. I think almost everyone who goes 4 the scheme, is matured and should define the way forward for him or herself. It's just a way to interact with others from around the country. Dont Blame NYSC, blame urself.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by jus500tin(m): 3:27pm On Nov 21, 2006
I do believe there's somtin evil bout NYSC. I met this babe in camp and we struck it off. She was in a marriage-bound relationship with a doctor when we met. The one year really gives pple the opportunity to explore their nasty side, especially when one is posted to a place where u know no one. Even married women hide their marital status just to catch the fun.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by ObaMan(m): 5:35pm On Nov 21, 2006
all this people that are witch-hunting NYSC, stop o!!!
Just listen to ur selves and then ask urself: how many of u had solid relationships in school?
U cant tell me that meeting people makes u change ur mind about something or a person?
It was borne in u to accept change, u cant resist it. U can only change.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by iice(f): 5:52pm On Nov 21, 2006
Obaman i feel you oh, temptation is not only the reason but its what stands out more than having a change of outlook on life.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by ObaMan(m): 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2006
Mrs. White asked her 4th grade class if they thought they were stupid and, if so, to please stand.

Little Jimmy stood up, alone.

Mrs. White said, "Jimmy, do you really think you're stupid?"

"No," Jimmy said. "But I didn't want you standing up there alone."
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by iice(f): 5:55pm On Nov 21, 2006
hmmmmm
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by ObaMan(m): 5:59pm On Nov 21, 2006
No hmms, i tot that i shud add that. Cos alot of pips are doing that now. No offence intended though.
Thanks for backing me up
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by iice(f): 3:14pm On Nov 22, 2006
Well i wasnt sure if you meant an insult or something hence the hmmmm but then i would have brushed it off my shoulder grin But no need for the thanks after all it is true.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by ObaMan(m): 5:26pm On Nov 22, 2006
ok
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by irefunke(f): 2:10am On Nov 23, 2006
A chamelion will always be dsame.As u have them in men so also u have them in women.
Aside NYSC stuff, have u not heard of a man/woman that will date a co-tenant ?Is either one of them is married or already bethrothed to someone.Or a friend that dates d husband/wife of his/her friend?
Pre information of d NYSC helps some pple to have planned what they will do when they get to NYSC camp.Especially with this slogan 'one life to live 'NYSC one year to spend so utilise it'.Is as horrible as anything u could ever imagined.
M-E-N are to blame as they go about deceiving these innocent souls of ours.Someone who was never a medical student will claim to be one with d mind of helping the poor lady to get a job from his father's company after d service year but the lady will not think that 'AWUUF DEY TEAR BELLE'
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by irefunke(f): 2:31am On Nov 23, 2006
I have once served and God helping me.I can still raise my head to say I scaled thru.Where I was posted to do my primary assignment I was the only female corper their and we all related well.
The ultimate thing that I did was that I quikly made my stand known that I was engaged, the name of my fiance and any hour could not go bye without me talking about him.I had the best opportunity to mess up cos my fiance was not even in the country then.But I believe if a man/woman committs fornication d harm is to yr own body the guy has nothing to loose if u contact AIDS or whatever.Virtually all d guys have been to my house in Lagos I know their fiancees. when u also occupy yrself with something tangible. I was seriously involved in the Christian Corpers fellowship in Edo state then.
FINALLY THIS BAD BEHAVIOUR HAS RUINED A LOT OF PEOPLE'S CAREER,LEFT ALOT WITH SINGLE MOTHER STUFF.FATHERLESS BABY COS THE GUY RAN AWAY,MADE HELPERS TO RUN AWAY FROM U COS THEY BELIEVED WE SENT U TO SERVE AND NOT TO BRING HOME ILLEGITIMATE BABY.
IT TURNED SOME TO END UP TASTING 2 HUSBANDS IF NOT 3/MEN TASTING 2 WIVES IF NOT 3 THAT THEY'VE NEVER BUDGETED FOR IN LIFE .
Thanks let's warn our younger ones not to fall victims.

1 Like

Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by jimaj4life(m): 2:33am On Nov 23, 2006
i fink it kills relationships because u get to meet new people,but its all a lie,if you really love ur mate,u wont get into another relationship
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by ObaMan(m): 8:08am On Nov 23, 2006
@Ire-Funke
ire-funke:

A chamelion will always be dsame.As u have them in men so also u have them in women.
Aside NYSC stuff, have u not heard of a man/woman that will date a co-tenant ?Is either one of them is married or already bethrothed to someone.Or a friend that dates d husband/wife of his/her friend?
Pre information of d NYSC helps some people to have planned what they will do when they get to NYSC camp.Especially with this slogan 'one life to live 'NYSC one year to spend so utilise it'.Is as horrible as anything u could ever imagined.
M-E-N are to blame as they go about deceiving these innocent souls of ours.Someone who was never a medical student will claim to be one with d mind of helping the poor lady to get a job from his father's company after d service year but the lady will not think that 'AWUUF DEY TEAR BELLE'

undecided U are contradicting urself. How can u after saying that both sexes are to blame, turn around to accuse the men? The question is either 4 u to blame NYSC or not. Women nko? Those who force themselves on guys?
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by mcgboye(m): 3:45pm On Nov 23, 2006
It's either a problem of self-restraint or a case of exploring new grounds.whichever d relationship isnt destined to last in any case. But come to think of this,i am goin 4 nysc next feb &i dont hav a girlfriend yet so who knows i might take advantage
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by irefunke(f): 4:53pm On Nov 23, 2006
ObaMan
Thanks for yr response.But whoever scores d highest mark in class is a winner,if u can get my childish analogy.The percentage of ladies running after men is low compare to that of men running / deceiving ladies out their.NYSC is never to be blamed.

If we ladies could be wise enough not to fall into yr deception, it could have been good.But we keep on falling to those sugar coated toungues even after many warnings.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by irefunke(f): 5:36pm On Nov 23, 2006
mcgboye
Look like I said b4, that pre information atimes can aid one to have the mind of exploring when u get to NYSC camp.My advice is that becareful cos in d bid of exploring alot of people have exchanged their career,fortune,success e.t.c.U may say real lie.When u meet a lady that u want to woo,do u tell d person I want to use u and dump u?NO
Men will say I want to marry u, but deep within them SOME may mean use and dump.If u fall into d hands of a girl who will believe ur words without looking back and later get jilted, some may not have d spirit to forgive, some will go to extra lenght to deal with d guy.
I have seen where a male corp member dated some girls where we were posted to,during mating ,one of the girls targeted d semens of dis male guy.It was a terrible case.
So beware.
Not that people do not start a good relationship that leads to marriage from NYSC but like d bible says 'things are pure to those who are pure themselves' if u don't have d mind of cheating u 'll not meet someone that will cheat u ok .BE PATIENT AND DON'T DO GIRA-GIRA OK
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by ObaMan(m): 5:41pm On Nov 23, 2006
MATING!!!! Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
shocked
What do u mean targeted his semens?
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by irefunke(f): 5:44pm On Nov 23, 2006
U know now y do u want me to use the whole mouth to talk .We are adults.Ask someone in the closet o.k
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Inyeneobon: 3:44pm On Nov 26, 2006
if u don't have d mind of cheating u 'll not meet someone that will cheat u ok .BE PATIENT AND DON'T DO GIRA-GIRA OK

Things do not always work out that way,you may or may not have any mind of doing anything bad yet bad things happen to you,including cheating.The world is just like that.
Human beings will be human beings,no matter what we preach.
1.These days the Nigerian graduate after graduation already stays at home for some months before youth service,these months can be very boring and full of no excitement compared to the university life,so when the NYSC time comes,they want to enjoy it as much as possible,after all after the NYSC they might go back to the same boring life.
2.Most graduates go to NYSC with unfulfilled dreams,ladies who has been good and chaste and even born again with the hope of getting married before final year,yet after graduation still not married,men who have been hoping to see a decent babe to hook on to ,yet graduating without that dream fulfilled,these sort of people get the temptation to have a change of heart so that the NYSC opportunity does not pass them by,after all they can easily see how other not so good friends of theirs already have husbands before graduation.
3. NYSC is like a camping event,all over the world if you read the news or are involved in going on camps or such things u will agree that people tend to feel more free to yield to temptation and do exciting things during such trips.
NYSC is like that.
4.A lot of us would do bad things if we knew no one will ever find out,at least for once to satisfy our curiosity,or so we think,only to find out aftre trying it once that we cannot stop,what stops us is the shame and ridicule we may face from the society if known.But at NYSC u know you are miles away from those who would know what u are doing.
So the temptation is always there.
5.The married ladies and the good people who would normaly not get involved do SEE these things happen,and still have to LIVE with it for the time they are in camp.
Whereas outside they still see it happen,but just walk away and whatever they may have felt goes away,but here they have to see it happen frequently,hence they have to pass the temptation MORE TIMES than if they where not to see it happening round all the time.In such case they have to pass the temptation MANY times,this is never easy,especially when it becomes apparent that the need to pass the temptation is really only based on moral reasons only,not the fear of being found out or ridiculed.
We even think that we do good things for moral reasons,but another real reason is because we do not want the ridicule of those who love us and those we love.When that factor is removed,u can then see that moral reasons alone may not be enough to resist the temptation.
6.Another reason is that of finance,most people as soon as they have graduated do not get ANY form of financial help from the same parents or gurdian that used to give them regular money before.They have to be on their own,and this becomes serious issues to worry about for them,especially considering that after the service they may not see work to do for many years yet they need finance to cater for thier lives.Where that will come from has to do with what they can get involved in while in youth service,and for most women if sex could be had with their poor partners for fun then it could as well be had with others for fun plus money.
U may or may not agree with the reasons above depending on which one may have affected you or how poor or comfortable u are while at youth service.
There are many other factors which time do not aloow listing.
For those who can stay good for NYSC ,it is good,but so long as all above reason abound,NYSC infidelity will always abound.NO MATTER WHAT.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by LOVECAT(m): 5:12pm On Nov 27, 2006
You guys are not discussing anybody but me.I must be sincere, i lost the vry best of my r/ship in Aug,Sept,and oct this year.the issue still linger,this is one issue that has realy xpose my ultimate stupidity.my affair with this lady clocks 6 years this october!!!, but the girl is no more with i am still a corper in Akwa ibom state and she just finished her own service but the tsunamical of it started at the tail end of her youth service. i am still rolling in pains b'cos she was a girl i culdnt afford to loose.
More to the story if you will want me to share it with you.Girls are thesame anywhere, anytime.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by iice(f): 5:15pm On Nov 27, 2006
LOVECAT:

More to the story if you will want me to share it with you.Girls are thesame anywhere, anytime.

Girls are not the same anywhere anytime, generalizations gets everything twisted, so don't get it twisted grin

I know you're hurting, but it aint gonna help taking it out on [b]all [/b]of us women, because it aint funny when the shoe's on the other foot.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by ghengis(m): 8:44pm On Nov 27, 2006
@LOVECAT i feel u my guy, Its like 6months now since i got dumped and d pain lingers, Though i must admit i'm gradually getting beta.
@iice
d stats are overwhelmingly against women! If, I mean if dre are women dat are different, then they're in d minor minority. If its any consolation though, i feel women don't do it 'intentionally'. Most of dem are just victims of their naturally unstable personas. Dis thread isn't about d battle of sexes(maybe we should make one 4 dat) so I'l just stop before i trend too far!
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by iice(f): 8:07am On Nov 28, 2006
ghengis:

@LOVECAT i feel u my guy, Its like 6months now since i got dumped and d pain lingers, Though i must admit i'm gradually getting beta.
@iice
d stats are overwhelmingly against women! If, I mean if dre are women that are different, then they're in d minor minority. If its any consolation though, i feel women don't do it 'intentionally'. Most of them are just victims of their naturally unstable personas. Dis thread isn't about d battle of sexes(maybe we should make one 4 that) so I'l just stop before i trend too far!

Ghengis, exactly what i mean about generalizations gets things twisted. But i do get what you mean sha wink. Its just that some of us who don't fall into such generalizations do not like to lumped in with xteristics that have nothing to do with us. But anyways back to NYSC, after all is said and done, life goes on wink
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by LOVECAT(m): 11:15am On Nov 28, 2006
@gbengis, my big guy how i wish it never happened.
   @iice,please don't be offended, but the truth is that ladies are more or less thesame thing.i am sorry, only if you can see what am passing through.When you are in love you are simply BLIND because EVEN THE URGLY SIDE SEEMED MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN THE BEAUTIFUL SIDE.LOVE-MYSTERIOUS.
    @iice, this lady still give me call wish i don't like at all(even at night).what this lady said wuld nt happen finally happened,what is really disturbing me is that after 6 years my, sorry, that babe still culdnt decide.in fact, she was nt in love with me in the first instance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Most Common Ways Cheating Is Discovered.. / Couple Dies While Trying To Do The Sex While Driving Challenge (photos) / 7 Signs You Are Ready For Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.