Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,636 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? (18772 Views)

Wrong! 3 Lies About 'unconditional Love' That KILL Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by tkb417(m): 6:22pm On Jan 28, 2008
there was Hadeejat who was meant to be engaged, der was Shola who had a guy in canada, der was Esther who claimed she will never cheat on her boyfriend who was a Zenith big boi .

I TKB had them for supper. I enjoyed my life as a corper, didnt know it was bad.
I'm sorry. I know i aint going to do that anymore. grin grin

PS: Those are not real names, so if by chance your name appeared here, ITS NOT YOU

This stupid Almondjoy shouldnt read this thing o, before she starts misyarning say i don do bad.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 28, 2008
Guess i was lucky. . .
my relationship faced no probs whatsoever, and i'm married now.

ditto 4 my sis

ditto 4 one of my closest friends. . .

ah well. . . different strokes. . .
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by dayonuel(m): 3:58pm On Jan 29, 2008
till date, i hv nt bin able to get over mine as i lost her while in service.
i dreaded going for that thing call 'service'
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by omoashion(m): 10:12am On Feb 05, 2008
Men dats how shit is i dunno y it happens. Even for my camp there was 1 chic that wanted to redeploy back to lagos as soon as we got there cos "she was missin her boyfriend". 2 weeks into camp and she's bangin another dude on the field, third week redeployment letters came and she was lucky to get hers and d bitch was cryin sayin that she didn't want to go back to lagos. I feel bad for her boyfriend but maybe his sausage wasn't sweet enough for her. embarassed
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Seun(m): 10:18am On Feb 05, 2008
It just shows that University relationships aren't as serious as they seem before you graduate. wink
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by almondjoy(f): 10:35am On Feb 05, 2008
tkb417:

there was Hadeejat who was meant to be engaged, der was Shola who had a guy in canada, der was Esther who claimed she will never cheat on her BF who was a Zenith big boi then.

I TKB had them for supper. . .was just enjoying my life as a corper, didnt know it was bad.
I'm sorry. I know i aint going to do that anymore.

PS: Those are not real names, so if by chance your name appeared here, ITS NOT YOU

This stupid Almondjoy shouldnt read this thing o, before she starts misyarning say i don do bad.

Shey you and this your agbero love for me eh? You have been chasing me since last year and I no give you face. cheesy You ain't getting none of it unless you learn to ask nicely. cool Don't you see as the real dudes and gentlemen do it on Nairaland?  We all know about your escapades so why you keep playing the "holy hole" is what I do not understand.  Anyway, thanks for asking me out.  I already have several dates to consider.  Better luck next year! kiss

@Topic

NYSC can only kill a relationship that is already dead and buried!
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by jkpretty(f): 10:38am On Feb 05, 2008
Seun:

It just shows that University relationships aren't as serious as they seem before you graduate. wink

I don't quite agree with u, i think university relationship may not be taken seriously but i believe that's the place u get to know a person's true character. Why do u think most people find it difficult to pin down a relationship when they are through school & working.

@Topic don't know what'll happen, i'll be off to camp by march kiss
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by almondjoy(f): 10:57am On Feb 05, 2008
jkpretty:

I don't quite agree with u, i think university relationship may not be taken seriously but i believe that's the place u get to know a person's true character. Why do u think most people find it difficult to pin down a relationship when they are through school & working.

@Topic don't know what'll happen, i'll be off to camp by march kiss

You are a very brilliant young lady--jkpretty.  The reason I pinned down mine before we ever left for NYSC.  The best ones to pin down are the ones from wealthy homes with a sound family background--well grounded in the need to succeed. They sure do not want any disgrace. cheesy

Ladies, just look around your classrooms or University bukas and try to look for the "aje butter" guys with off campus hostels and their own cars reading Medicine or Pharmarcy and pitch your arse there.  If you carry belle--no remove am. Just carry am go give his mother. They might make wahala initially but just maintain your cool and keep dosing the guy with that "sweet stuff" of yours till like 2 or 3 children comot from inside. cheesy  By the time you finish school--you are married woman to a good guy--with prospects.

Just make sure ALL the siblings of the guy you want to snag are all graduates or abroad with prospects.  That is how you know a potential. Not those hungry guys and babes--still struggling with parents in the villages. cheesy

If the dude or babe is from a family where the guy is struggling to pay his fees or non of them have seen the 4 walls of a university--you are going into a disgraceful sufferhead relationship!

NYSC is way too late to snag a spouse.  You must do so when you are in the University. Or you will find yourself on Nairaland for like 7 years looking for one till one recycled "Old Cargo" pities your arse and makes you his or her valentine. grin  Make sure your own parents have money too so both families can help you guys raise those kids while you are trying to adjust to the whole "process".

Trust me, it pays off in the end! cool

Most people do not realize that it is when you are in the University you find the most desireable partners.  Instead they play around while they are there and come to Nairaland to roam around looking for dates! cheesy

Enjoy your NYSC jkpretty!
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by jkpretty(f): 11:11am On Feb 05, 2008
thanx a lot almondjoy, kiss kiss kiss

i thot i was the only one with that notion. Guys get ur girls b4 u leave school tongue

U bet i'll give u a recap of what happened, wherever i'm posted to. Maybe Agenebode lol grin grin grin
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by almondjoy(f): 11:18am On Feb 05, 2008
jkpretty:

thanx a lot almondjoy, kiss kiss kiss

i thot i was the only one with that notion. Guys get your girls before u leave school tongue

You bet i'll give u a recap of what happened, wherever i'm posted to. Maybe Agenebode lol grin grin grin

You will find good guys in Agenegbode--Please keep us posted with pictures please!
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by tkb417(m): 5:30pm On Feb 05, 2008
Shey you and this your abetro love for me eh? You have been chasing me since last year and I no give you face. You ain't getting none of it unless you learn to ask nicely. Don't you see as the real dudes and gentlemen do it on Nairaland? We all know about your escapades so why you keep playing the "holy hole" is what I do not understand. Anyway, thanks for asking me out. I already have several dates to consider. Better luck next year!

Love for u grin grin grin
Go back to ur bed and take ur aspirin.
I'll admit ure the soul of NL, reasons im identifying with ya.
Hope u gerrit now. Norin more cool cool

The real dudes and gentlemen on NL grin grin
Like Jayon abi?
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by almondjoy(f): 7:06pm On Feb 05, 2008
tkb417:

Love for u grin grin grin
Go back to your bed and take your aspirin.
I'll admit ure the soul of Nairaland, reasons im identifying with ya.
Hope u gerrit now. Norin more cool cool

The real dudes and gentlemen on Nairaland grin grin
Like Jayon abi?

He he he he he he he! I am so flattered. I am glad you can identify a real fun gal! Norrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrin arrrrrrrrrrrrrrralll! Norrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring! cheesy

Yeah off to bed. I took ma aspirin as you suggested. See you around! kiss
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by donbuchi1(m): 1:10pm On Feb 07, 2008
A girl once told me that she would go naked in NYSC camp. She later asked how many girls I slept with. Imagine.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by na2day2(m): 8:17pm On Dec 14, 2008
@ poster

have u served? if u have, u will understand why.NYSC was one big hell for me embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by jibbygirl(f): 8:48pm On Dec 14, 2008
@poster
ironically, my second relationship which happened to be the most recent started in the NYSC camp and it was fun while it lasted. what works 4 A might do the exact opposite 4 B.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by 190: 10:25pm On Dec 14, 2008
im leavin 4 my nysc march by God;s grace and after readin all these post i am really scared cos im in a serious devoted relationship wic i dnt want 2 crash,@ d same time i am scared if d same girl i am worryin ova can scale through wen her tyme comes, i beta think of sometin fast
i can scale through bt what abt her?
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 15, 2008
pressure reveals who u really are and why one is counting his gain another calls it his heartbreak, well i might just not be in a relationship before NYSC but i am, God keep us all from falling.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by brainbox01(m): 8:03pm On Dec 15, 2008
O boy, this one fear me oooo, as people wey dey naija det complain aw about us wey dey away while our girls dey serve/, lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by tkb417(m): 8:20pm On Dec 15, 2008
who go revive this thread? embarassed
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by 190: 12:56am On Dec 16, 2008
cheeii i de fear o grin
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by chamotex(m): 1:28am On Dec 16, 2008
Lucky for all those girls say I no dey Naija to do NYSC . . . . . . . . .
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by bubblegum(f): 11:05am On Dec 16, 2008
@ tkb, weldone o
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 16, 2008
its not an NYSC thing.
any guy /babe that had always wanted to stray, will.
wat of the ones that cheat on their spouses
while still in school or working and not done their NYSC?
its just a matter of discipline.
but me i gbadun my service sha ooo tongue
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by olanajim(m): 11:50am On Dec 16, 2008
Aja ti yio sonu, ko ni gbo fere olode!
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by steve49ja(m): 11:59am On Dec 16, 2008
brainbox01:

O boy, this one fear me oooo, as people wey dey naija det complain aw about us wey dey away while our girls dey serve/, lipsrsealed undecided
hehehehe kpele oh wink
why u no set alarm ontop the thingy
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by tkb417(m): 12:13pm On Dec 16, 2008
@ tkb, weldone o
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by blaceagle: 2:03pm On Dec 16, 2008
May be NYSC does not kill relationship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got my second half during my service. U wont believe she was a virgin when I met her may be @ poster u let her leave for NYSC as a virgin. So for those of u that av virgin girls goin for NYSC now is the time to act or may lose her 4 eva.Be wiseact now or 4eva hold ur peace
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by smooooooth: 2:17pm On Dec 16, 2008
when u spend a year holed up with someone

else, away from your loved ones, and friends

anything can happen. the distance is bad enuf

then she/he gets to be fond of a particular person

infact there are so many other negative things that

the NYSC scheme causes, and i think its high time the

scheme is scrapped totally, as its causing alot of loss

and heart break/aches.
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by peeceelove(m): 5:18pm On Dec 16, 2008
I left Lagos to Rivers state where i did my youth service with all the wonderful stories of the camp, but with one other mission not to fall. to God be the glory i spent the three weeks with a relax mind and got close to God on camp. In a nut shell i came back to marry my Girl of 5years and today as i am talking we have a bouncing baby boy. the life on camp and during you primary assingment depends on your own PERSONAL DECISION. NOT NYSC
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by na2day2(m): 2:20am On Dec 17, 2008
u said it all dude, congrats!

peeceelove:

I left Lagos to Rivers state where i did my youth service with all the wonderful stories of the camp, but with one other mission not to fall. to God be the glory i spent the three weeks with a relax mind and got close to God on camp. In a nut shell i came back to marry my Girl of 5years and today as i am talking we have a bouncing baby boy. the life on camp and during you primary assingment depends on your own PERSONAL DECISION. NOT NYSC
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by 190: 1:16am On Jun 26, 2009
my tyme kips getting nearer and i keep reminding my girl dat she shudnt dare cheat on me wile am away
cos i know i aint goin near no woman during dat 3weeks camp o! grin grin
Re: Why Does NYSC 'Kill' Relationships? by REALTRUTH1: 2:41am On Jun 26, 2009
@Poster,the answer to ur question is that no man or any woman is particularly meant for anyman or any woman.If she doesn't leave now,,U would probably be the one to leave her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Couple Dies While Trying To Do The Sex While Driving Challenge (photos) / The Most Common Ways Cheating Is Discovered.. / 7 Signs You Are Ready For Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.