Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,385 members, 7,812,134 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1264816 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 31, 2010
@ ZIM DRILL, u r 2 much! The wonders u r doing will greatly rewarded u somehow. Keep up the good job. I haven't thru wit ur advise bt i saw link and am sure when i get the installation DVD i'l go tru. Once again, THANKS
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by juliusg: 3:51pm On Jan 01, 2011
My loptop is unable to access internet tru my BB 8830 and Curve2. Pls help. Hapy new year my pple!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by matiloco(m): 6:52pm On Jan 01, 2011
Pls help me, i formated my HP Compaq nc6220 and the inbuilt bluetooth is gone. Pls how can i restore it back. Pls i need urgent reply.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 9:29pm On Jan 01, 2011
matiloco:

Pls help me, i formated my HP Compaq nc6220 and the inbuilt bluetooth is gone. Pls how can i restore it back. Pls i need urgent reply.

www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=447371&prodNameId=447348&swEnvOID=181&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ob-48231-1">try this
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HABRUZZY(m): 10:29pm On Jan 01, 2011
Happy new year pls help my poor compaq laptop.all of a suden when i on it.it does not display any icon pls check the pic below.pls urgent help

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by baani(m): 10:56pm On Jan 01, 2011
i have a dell inspiron 1525, weneva i plug it to power n i check d battery icon it say "plugged in, not charging". i have changed the battery, did a bios update n operating system upgrade (frm vista to windows 7) but no luck. has anyone encountered or knows how i can get out of this fix wil b highly appreciated

ps: option of changing the motherboard is out of the question
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:42pm On Jan 01, 2011
julius_g:

My loptop is unable to access internet tru my BB 8830 and Curve2. Pls help. Hapy new year my pple!

the easiest way is to download blackberry desktop manager the rest would be easy from there
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:46pm On Jan 01, 2011
baani:

i have a dell inspiron 1525, weneva i plug it to power n i check d battery icon it say "plugged in, not charging". i have changed the battery, did a bios update n operating system upgrade (frm vista to windows 7) but no luck. has anyone encountered or knows how i can get out of this fix wil b highly appreciated

how did you charge the battery when it says not charging ? and is the charger the original or an aftermarket ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:48pm On Jan 01, 2011
HABRUZZY:

Happy new year pls help my poor compaq laptop.all of a suden when i on it.it does not display any icon pls check the pic below.pls urgent help

do a system restore to date and time that had desktop icons
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by baani(m): 12:46am On Jan 02, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

how did you charge the battery when it says not charging ? and is the charger the original or an aftermarket ?

i plug the charger to power and connect it to the laptop, the charger is the original one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:03am On Jan 02, 2011
baani:

i plug the charger to power and connect it to the laptop, the charger is the original one

so it means the charger charges but the icon says the opposite

try to scan your computer for any virus or do a system restore to a date before it started to be playing up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 1:13am On Jan 02, 2011
My laptop keeps tripping off many time. My OS is windows 7, make and model: TOSHIBA SATELLITE P105-S9337 with 2GB RAM, 200GB HDD, PROCESSOR 2GHZ. Is there any help you all could render to stop this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:20am On Jan 02, 2011
tunnex190:

My laptop keeps tripping off many time. My OS is windows 7, make and model: TOSHIBA SATELLITE P105-S9337 with 2GB RAM, 200GB HDD, PROCESSOR 2GHZ. Is there any help you all could render to stop this?

the best advice, just re-install your OS if you got the disc remember to save your important data to another drive
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by baani(m): 1:33am On Jan 02, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

so it means the charger charges  but the icon says the opposite

try to scan your computer for any virus or do a system restore to a date before it started to be playing up

after much googling i finally got it up n running its actually charging rite now ( its showin d light 4 chargin, which was not d case when it d chargin issue). dis is d link for anyone who has or will have the same problem as i did

http://www.digwin.com/plugged-in-not-charging-windows-vista-laptop

ps: thx zim drill for your concern

tunnex190:

if you can take your time google your way thru d internet you definitely will find the solution anyway good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:02am On Jan 02, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

baani:

RE:[b]Plug in not charging

This what the book says to check for when diagnosing this sort of issue. I totally agree with ZIM DRILL.
especially in nigeria where people cant be bothered to buy an original charger instead make in china.
That does not mean the poster is from nigeria just an example basically.

My explanations of this issue
&
Reconstruction of the problem[/b]

battery plug in not charging is known issue. This down to battery memory cells. for example laptop charge to 100%
you then unplug the charger and start using it to 40% turn off laptop go to bed and comes back start using it with

charger plugged in then the message plug in not charging appears. This down to battery memory cells where
the laptop would only remember the last charge on it's cells which in this case is 40%. you charge the battery for

100 millions years or change battery it would never change from plug in not charging. no wonder you did a bios upgrade and battery
replacement probably you were fed up with it. I'm glad you get it working. Next time use your laptop without chager plug in and message
notification should come up 0% left battery low then connect the charger and the battery memory cells will be empty. Because the laptop
notify battery low then any current will be accepted by the laptop charging and start charging the battery/memory cells and plug in charging will
always be there. Therefore let laptop notify battery low then connect charger. This what i advised customers and what inside the book as am sometime task with investigating issues ongoing issues such as this. Good luck

This prolongs battery life.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:06am On Jan 02, 2011
tunnex190:

Dear tunnex190,

Thanks for the above and would like to ask, how do you mean tripping off ? . This needed as not to be misled.
for example laptop turned itself off or restart by itself but no error message. This to help us decide if is a software or
a hardware problem. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:13am On Jan 02, 2011
HABRUZZY:

ZIM DRILL:

do a system restore to date and time that had desktop icons

I would advice the same thing

Dear HABRUZZY,

Thanks for the above. restart laptop keep pressing f8 until you
advance option safe mode press enter. you"ll notice icons will

be big. This normal. if your desktop icons appear in safe mode
then we are laughing. click start, all programmes, accessories,

system tools, system restore, click the date before the problem started or
before any changes to your computer. wait for restore to finish and let
it boot up no pressing of f8 key just let it boot up. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 1:29pm On Jan 02, 2011
deji2009:

Dear tunnex190,

Thanks for the above and would like to ask, how do you mean tripping off ? . This needed as not to be misled.
for example laptop turned itself off or restart by itself but no error message. This to help us decide if is a software or
a hardware problem. Good luck

Thanks for getting back to me. I mean it turns off but doesn't restart by itself and no error message at the end.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HABRUZZY(m): 2:00pm On Jan 02, 2011
@deji2009 and all i tried the safemode and its still not displaying the icons pls check the pic below

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:11pm On Jan 02, 2011
HABRUZZY:

@deji2009 and all i tried the safemode and its still not displaying the icons pls check the pic below

right click on the screen if you are right handed go to VIEW then you show see where it say SHOW DESKTOP ICON

if its un ticked the desktop icon wouldnt show
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HABRUZZY(m): 3:33pm On Jan 02, 2011
Its just showing the cursor pls help no where to click.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:38pm On Jan 02, 2011
HABRUZZY:

Its just showing the cursor pls help no where to click.

i said right click on the SCREEN, a pop up menu will appear go to VIEW and scrow down to SHOW DESKTOP ICON
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:51pm On Jan 02, 2011
tunnex190:

Thanks for getting back to me. I mean it turns off but doesn't restart by itself and no error message at the end.

Dear tunnex190,

Here's your diagnostics in narrowing down the cause to either a software or a hardware problem.
Follow instructions as prescribed. first, test the laptop with just battery no charger and the other way round.

does it turn off ? How long does it stay on for before turning off ? inspect the plastics inside the USB port for any burnt
or damages just by looking inside that all. Has laptop been dropped ? what type of charger do you have ? ie universal or
toshiba genuine type. Answer yes or no please. when laptop is powered up it turned itself off ?

Any LED light on laptop ? When laptop turns on does the fan kicks in ? ie like a air con sound. Please answer the above
very carefully. same as a mechanic he or she ask you questions to verify what has happened and also prevent nairaland
technical support from misdiagnosing. Here's what the book ask us to do when facing this issue.

Connect charger+ battery keep pressing f2 or ESC key for Bios. can you see a blue screen setup utility. if yes like laptop needs
cleansing to rule out overheating. please pay attention to beep beep when pressing f2. if cant get to bios on several attempt then is
likely to be overheating. Please note here at nairaland technical support we can only perform 1st line diagnostics and would not advice
opening your computer as there are safety precautions to know about. Visit a technician for hands on repair. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Holumighty(m): 9:23am On Jan 03, 2011
Help me pls, my hp/compaq presario v2000 is requesting for smbus driver before any driver can be installed. I have tried sp1-3. I cant listen to song .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Holumighty(m): 9:24am On Jan 03, 2011
Help me pls, my hp/compaq presario v2000 is requesting for smbus driver before any driver can be installed. I have tried sp1-3. I cant listen to song .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 03, 2011
zim drill i once complained that my dvd writer/rom has stopped reading from any cd/dvd i put in it.it gave no sign before it started.thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:27pm On Jan 03, 2011
Obumneme:

zim drill i once complained that my dvd writer/rom has stopped reading from any cd/dvd i put in it.it gave no sign before it started.thanks.

is it finally working ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:33pm On Jan 03, 2011
Obumneme:

did you try installing sound drivers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by axeman85(m): 3:36pm On Jan 03, 2011
pls i use windows 7. compaq v6500, but since i installed one yeye update. my cd rom has stopped working and it coes up with coprocessor error, i have tried uninstalling and let it install it self again but still not show oo. pls how can i get it to start working.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:42pm On Jan 03, 2011
axeman85:

pls i use windows 7. compaq v6500, but since i installed one yeye update. my cd rom has stopped working and it coes up with coprocessor error, i have tried uninstalling and let it install it self again but still not show oo. pls how can i get it to start working.

which one did you try to uninstall the cd driver or the update you did ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by axeman85(m): 3:45pm On Jan 03, 2011
cd driver. its been like this for a long time now oo for 1year at least. i cant even remember the update i installed again. so looking for a way to make the cd driver work now as
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:02pm On Jan 03, 2011
axeman85:

cd driver. its been like this for a long time now oo for 1year at least. i cant even remember the update i installed again. so looking for a way to make the cd driver work now as

am sure the yeye update did cause the problem

try to unstall the yeye thing if it doesnt work then go to microsoft site and check solution for cd/dvd that has stopped working

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.