Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,272 members, 7,811,802 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1264548 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by axeman85(m): 4:04pm On Jan 03, 2011
i don find the tin tire oo i no see jare, and besides i cant remember when i installed the update as it been over 1year now.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:11pm On Jan 03, 2011
axeman85:

i don find the tin tire oo i no see jare, and besides i cant remember when i installed the update as it been over 1year now.

sorry to say am not nigerian please write the normal english and i will be able to understand you

it doesnt matter when you did the update but you can unstall the program to see if it doesn any changes
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by senatorbc: 4:27pm On Jan 03, 2011
Pls, I want to know how to install two different versions of windows together in my system.

I have windows 7 installed already but since some softwares i have cannot run very well on it due to compatibility issue I am now trying a new way of installing window xp version to run along side with win7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by axeman85(m): 4:42pm On Jan 03, 2011
ok what i said is that i dont the exact update i installed as this hwas done over 1 year ago. dont really use the cd rom anyway so i guess thats why. also is there any software i can use to edit pictures to make dem glossy and finer jst as people do nowadays ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 4:44pm On Jan 03, 2011
senatorbc:

Pls, I want to know how to install two different versions of windows together in my system.

What two operating systems do you want to install and what is your current system configuration?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by FILEBE(m): 5:44pm On Jan 03, 2011
Guys, walai! U're doin a grt job. If we av pple like u guys all ova d world den d world wil b a beta place. As in, I can imagine aw u ar putin smiles of faces of computa users. Believe me, electronics hitches n brkdowns ar as furstratin as Hell!

My own problm stil remains dat i nid Drivers for my Compaq presario CQ60 419WM. D LAN isnt drivin, modem,wireless,bluetooth wont work wit it too.
I av gone and downloaded from h.p compaq's website bt it yields no result.
Mayb a universal driver wil work n i wil apreciate 2 get 4rm anyone in house or any one wit a beta solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 5:56pm On Jan 03, 2011
FILEBE:

Guys, walai! U're doin a grt job. If we av pple like u guys all ova d world den d world wil b a beta place. As in, I can imagine aw u ar putin smiles of faces of computa users. Believe me, electronics hitches n brkdowns ar as furstratin as Hell!

My own problm stil remains dat i nid Drivers for my Compaq presario CQ60 419WM. D LAN isnt drivin, modem,wireless,bluetooth wont work wit it too.
I av gone and downloaded from h.p compaq's website bt it yields no result.
Mayb a universal driver wil work n i wil apreciate 2 get 4rm anyone in house or any one wit a beta solution?

My guess is that laptop has Windows XP OS. Try this-

http://laptop-driver..com/2009/10/compaq-presario-cq60-419wm-windows-xp.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by senatorbc: 6:44pm On Jan 03, 2011
denzel2009:

What two operating systems do you want to install and what is your current system configuration?

I have win7 already trying to install winxp to enable some lower version of software to run on the system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:54pm On Jan 03, 2011
senatorbc:

I have win7 already trying to install winxp to enable some lower version of software to run on the system

do a partion on your hard drive then you install the other OS
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:02pm On Jan 03, 2011
axeman85:

ok what i said is that i dont the exact update i installed as this hwas done over 1 year ago. dont really use the cd rom anyway so i guess thats why. also is there any software i can use to edit pictures to make dem glossy and finer jst as people do nowadays ?

it depends with how much editing do you want to do

you can buy semi pro to professional editing software or general ones like google picasa
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 7:04pm On Jan 03, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

do a partion on your hard drive then you install the other OS  

Or get some tech guys to install vmware for you.It's like having two laptops in one. While partititioning is also good,you'd have to log out of one to access the other OS unlike vmware.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by axeman85(m): 8:03pm On Jan 03, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

it depends with how much editing do you want to do

you can buy semi pro to professional editing software or general ones like google picasa

apart from picasa is dere another free one much better than picasa ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:05pm On Jan 03, 2011
axeman85:

apart from picasa is dere another free one much better than picasa ?

google see the free ones that are good for what you want to do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 03, 2011
senatorbc:

I have windows 7 installed already but since some softwares i have cannot run very well on it due to compatibility issue I am now trying a new way of installing window xp version to run along side with win7

hello sir
to install a multiboot system
right click on my computer - click on manage - click on disk management - select your C: drive and right click - then select shrink.
just let windows do the rest by clicking ok or apply as the case might be.

after it creates the new space. insert your windows xp installation disk into your drive and then restart your system.
boot from the CD and let windows do the rest,

hope this helps
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by FILEBE(m): 9:54pm On Jan 03, 2011
denzel2009:

My guess is that laptop has Windows XP OS. Try this-

http://laptop-driver..com/2009/10/compaq-presario-cq60-419wm-windows-xp.html

No, it is window vista
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 11:12pm On Jan 03, 2011
i cant switch on my windows defender. I've tried it severally and this keeps pop-up anytime i try to switch it on. Check out the screen shot.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by baani(m): 11:15pm On Jan 03, 2011
@deji2009

especially in nigeria where people cant be bothered to buy an original charger instead make in china.

guy i am not everyone and i don't buy china products when it comes to my gadgets

That does not mean the poster is from nigeria just an example basically.

i am from nigeria and i don't see how my being a nigerian is solving my problem

although your[b] "reconstruction of the problem"[/b] is accurate, i couldn't get what the heck you were writing as regards to a solution.

So write some english that i can understand, as your supposed to be in england as your profile says so some simple english shouldn't be a problem.thx

@zim drill

its still showing the "plugged in, not charging"remember i did an O.S upgrade so my restore point all falls in when it started acting dis way. any ideas
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 11:22pm On Jan 03, 2011
this is the s.s

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:37pm On Jan 03, 2011
tunnex190:

this is the s.s

did you try to uninstall and re-install
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:40pm On Jan 03, 2011
FILEBE:

No, it is window vista

have you gambled by trying all 3 main OS drivers i.e XP, VISTA,& 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:57pm On Jan 03, 2011
baani:

@deji2009

especially in nigeria where people cant be bothered to buy an original charger instead make in china.

guy i am not everyone and i don't buy china products when it comes to my gadgets

although your[b] "reconstruction of the problem"[/b] is accurate, i couldn't get what the heck you were writing as regards to a solution.

So write some english that i can understand, as your supposed to be in england as your profile says so some simple english shouldn't be a problem.thx

@zim drill

its still showing the "plugged in, not charging"remember i did an O.S upgrade so my restore point all falls in when it started acting dis way. any ideas

read through this you might find a solution

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7performance/thread/a68236b9-0bb2-4fa4-bd14-1e115a8c0e66
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by baani(m): 12:11am On Jan 04, 2011
@zim drill

thanks, il see wat dey hv 2 offer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 2:35am On Jan 04, 2011
tunnex190:

this is the s.s

On my windows 7, the windows defender gives this kind of error message when there's a conflict between it and the antivirus. I suggest you turn off windows defender or do away with the antivirus.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 2:38am On Jan 04, 2011
FILEBE:

No, it is window vista
Sorry mate, if you can't find the drivers on OEM's website,you probably won't find it anywhere else.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VGA: 12:18pm On Jan 04, 2011
baani:

@deji2009

@zim drill

Is dis wat he diserved after typing all those things to help you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 04, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

is it finally working ?
@zim drill, it is not working and since then i have not been able to use it.I have also not tried installing any sound drivers.the trouble still persists.i'll be very grateful if a solution can be proferred.I'll also be ready to supply answers to your questions.Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by baani(m): 12:56am On Jan 05, 2011
@VGA

i mean no disrespect, but d guy didnt hv 2 b sarcastic about it, cos he might b able 2 help, im tired of ppl relating nigerians wit china product and im sure he as wel; is a nigerian

@zim drill, i tried using a friends dell charger ( a vostro series ) 2 b exact and it worked perfectly, so il b gettin mysef a new charger
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:32am On Jan 05, 2011
baani:

@VGA

i mean no disrespect, but d guy didnt hv 2 b sarcastic about it, cos he might b able 2 help, im tired of ppl relating nigerians wit china product and im sure he as wel; is a nigerian

@zim drill, i tried using a friends dell charger ( a vostro series ) 2 b exact and it worked perfectly, so il b gettin mysef a new charger

thats good to hear
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VGA: 5:16am On Jan 05, 2011
baani:

@VGA

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by UNLEASHED(m): 10:37am On Jan 05, 2011
It's been over a week now that my Window 7 OS stopped installing updates, It will download but won't install, instead it will say "Failure configuring windows update, reverting changes" What could be the cause?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:48am On Jan 05, 2011
UNLEASHED:

It's been over a week now that my Window 7 OS stopped installing updates, It will download but won't install, instead it will say "Failure configuring windows update, reverting changes" What could be the cause?

is it all updates or one particular update ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 05, 2011
@ zimdrill, u suggestion to my problem (pg 102) didn't work. Matter of fact, my screen is blank thus, pressing the F2 button isn't much useful. Should i just take it a techie?

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.