Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,420 members, 7,846,754 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1281934 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2011
Does the hard disk make 'any' sound

Please try expatiating so we could assist
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by johnnylove: 12:45pm On Jan 10, 2011
No sound from the hard disk.and i av tried up to 3 hard disks on it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:58pm On Jan 10, 2011
Cally01:

I just bought my computer and dont know how to open my command prompt, pls help. Better of,send me email,dannygold4real@yahoo.com kiss

start ----- all programs ---accessories --- then you will see it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 1:01pm On Jan 10, 2011
No sound?
Your hard disk could be dead then. Did your bios detect other hard disks?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by johnnylove: 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2011
No hard disk was detected.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:05pm On Jan 10, 2011
v3,why describe a jumper cable procedure to a novice when that is not even the solution, this is an open forum,u might just be misleading others, next time,u could start by asking him to check his boot priorities.his hard disk may not be in the  top3 boot order, simple
after then,u can now start exploring other causes,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:09pm On Jan 10, 2011
sameolg616:

v3,why describe a jumper cable procedure to a novice when that is not even the solution, this is an open forum,u might just be misleading others, next time,u could start by asking him to check his boot priorities.his hard disk may not be in the top3 boot order, simple
after then,u can now start exploring other causes,

you can say that again he did even ask about the 3 other harddrives there where tried on the pc e.g like where they working before being tested on that pc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by johnnylove: 1:19pm On Jan 10, 2011
Sameolg616,am actually not a novice its only that i av never experience this b4.in the setup no drive is seen.pri 0 and 1, sec 0 and 1.i av checked the boot sequence b4 and its in order
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:23pm On Jan 10, 2011
johnnylove:

Sameolg616,am actually not a novice its only that i av never experience this b4.in the setup no drive is seen.pri 0 and 1, sec 0 and 1.i av checked the boot sequence b4 and its in order

was the pc working before ? just double check on boot sequence
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by johnnylove: 1:26pm On Jan 10, 2011
V3 thanks u are on track.as 4 d hard disks they worked on another system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by johnnylove: 1:32pm On Jan 10, 2011
Zim drill,thanks it worked well last yesterday night.i switched it on dis morning and it was saying no booting device available and i av tripple check on the setup.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 1:32pm On Jan 10, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

you can say that again  he did even ask about the 3 other harddrives there where tried on the pc e.g like where they working before being tested on that pc
Notice i asked him this
v3:

No sound?
Your hard disk could be dead then. Did your bios detect other hard disks?

@Samelog
If you noticed, he quite rightly said "My PC doesn't detect my hard disk" and " Inside the setup (BIOS), no drive is seen"

If it doesn't detect the hard disk, how will the said drive appear in the boot order priorities? Seriously? undecided
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2011
@johnny
Noted smiley
Have you tested your hard drive and a different system? If yes, whats the outcome?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 1:36pm On Jan 10, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

was the pc working before ? just double check on boot sequence
shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 2:03pm On Jan 10, 2011
v3,pls no offense, what i only tried to warn abt was the carefulness on hardware issues, mostly refer them to a technician
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by johnnylove: 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2011
My hard disk worked on another system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 2:29pm On Jan 10, 2011
@samelog
Noted smiley

@johnny
I'll advice you to take it to a technician as there are 'certain terminologies' that when mentioned, could be beyond you.
Please bear with me for not continuing.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by johnnylove: 2:43pm On Jan 10, 2011
alright thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaybaba5(m): 4:19pm On Jan 10, 2011
pls somebody should elp me with this blue screen problem, whenever i try to format this compaq n6000. the blue screen will come up and everything will just RESTART, PLS HELP

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 5:08pm On Jan 10, 2011
sameolg616:

4human psycho,enter your bios,disable your SATA NATIVE MODE or ahci mode.Dats y your sys halts during installation.If u cant disable,find a sata SLIPSTREAM XP CD.U can download nlite and sata drivers then use d nlite to integrate sata drivers in2d xp cd.Its a careful procedure.
pls refer to this post,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kpozite(m): 7:56pm On Jan 10, 2011
my laptop fell on the floor and it refused to boot so I removed the RAM and fixed it back then it started booting but it now  says '' battery connected but not charging'' whenever i'm using it. Such that if there is power failure it offs immediately. Pls I need help.
Good nairalanders pls send solution to my mail box is Kpozite@gmail.com.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:39pm On Jan 10, 2011
kpozite:

my laptop fell on the floor and it refused to boot so I removed the RAM and fixed it back then it started booting but it now says '' battery connected but not charging'' whenever i'm using it. Such that if there is power failure it offs immediately. Pls I need help.
Good nairalanders pls send solution to my mail box is Kpozite@gmail.com.

http://www.digwin.com/plugged-in-not-charging-windows-vista-laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaybaba5(m): 11:27pm On Jan 10, 2011
How can i do this bios reset on window vista compaq
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:43pm On Jan 10, 2011
Kay-baba:

How can i do this bios reset on window vista compaq

some answers are always by the fingertips i.e google

whats your make and model ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaybaba5(m): 5:08am On Jan 11, 2011
Hp compaq presario cq60
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaybaba5(m): 8:54am On Jan 11, 2011
This laptop that has blue screen problem is window xp and i cant find any option given to me .there is no information about bios when i press f10.i only see security,system information,boot setup
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sulakishop(m): 10:01am On Jan 11, 2011
Hi all,
Pls can anyone help me out on how the sound problem on my sony vaio vgn-ar605e can be resolved? The sound suddenly went off and I've tried everything possible including uninstalling and re installing the sound driver all to no avail.
Cheers!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PrettyHead: 12:43pm On Jan 11, 2011
I've saved a .txt file inside a folder then the next day I could not open that .txt file and is shows "Access Denied". What are the possible solutions for this error?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:18pm On Jan 11, 2011
sulakishop:

Hi all,
Pls can anyone help me out on how the sound problem on my sony vaio vgn-ar605e can be resolved? The sound suddenly went off and I've tried everything possible including uninstalling and re installing the sound driver all to no avail.
Cheers!

did you try sound drivers from sony website
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sulakishop(m): 2:00pm On Jan 11, 2011
Yes I did but still not working.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:09pm On Jan 11, 2011
Kay-baba:

This laptop that has blue screen problem is window xp and i cant find any option given to me .there is no information about bios when i press f10.i only see security,system information,boot setup

read this

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13974_102-356389.html

and browse through this

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=xp+blue+screen&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=&redir_esc=&ei=g6gsTZGzOZSxhAe17azvCA#sclient=psy&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us%3AIE-SearchBox&q=xp+blue+screen+acpi&aq=1v&aqi=g-m1g-v3g-o1&aql=&oq=xp+blue+screen+ac&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=fb65bc885a9abf7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:12pm On Jan 11, 2011
sulakishop:

Yes I did but still not working.

is there any sign in device manager?

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (1224) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.