Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1273931 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by juliusg: 6:01pm On Jan 08, 2011
@zim drill
I'm using xp professional,folders were in my document. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:07pm On Jan 08, 2011
julius_g:

@zim drill
I'm using xp professional,folders were in my document. Thanks

xp is easy to navigate are you sure in which folder did you save the folder?

you can search the folder under your search bar by the start button
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by juliusg: 6:27pm On Jan 08, 2011
@zim drill
Result not found
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:46pm On Jan 08, 2011
julius_g:

@zim drill
Result not found
Thanks

if you did not delete it then it is in there somewhere i guess there is something your are missing to do

since you did not find the folder do you remember what was in the folder eg the name of anything that was in there ? search using that name also
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by juliusg: 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2011
@zim drill
I think I've mistakingly deleted d acc accodin 2 some engineers around me. My man u've done well, I realy appreciate u, u're wonderful. thank u.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by puskin: 2:39am On Jan 09, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

are you a middleman i.e getting problems from other people and get them here

you are always having problems with pcs
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 4:06am On Jan 09, 2011
. . . Lol, well i am not. It's just that i always try something/what i don't know about. And problems erupt. Thanks i will try it and get back to you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 4:32am On Jan 09, 2011
I've done it as you instructed me but i can't find or it doesn't boot to where i could find F8.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 7:34am On Jan 09, 2011
tunnex190:

. . . Lol, well i am not. It's just that i always try something/what i don't know about. And problems erupt. Thanks i will try it and get back to you
You really need to stop trying what you dont know about. Is it because you know ZimDrill will always sort you out?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HumanPsycho(m): 7:37am On Jan 09, 2011
Pls people help on this am in trouble: before i formatted my local disk i have being getting all sought of blue screen stop erro message some of which are: BAD_POOL; DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL:Or even worst it suddenly displays a blue screen that writes "windows was shut down to avoid damages on your sytem" and so i decieded to format my local disk (Csmiley using the xp2 cd, so i booted it from cd: to cut the story short, i formatted it, but as it was copying files from the xp2 cd, the last blue screen stop erro written above showed up again and so i off my laptop, from then when i power my laptop it does not even display anything its just black, Somebody help me on what to do Please!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Cupidkc(m): 8:32am On Jan 09, 2011
Plz can sm1 help on how i cn change d lang of my lappy 4rm German to English. Sm1 shld pz hlp, i hv postd ds b4. Its a dell insipion windows 7 lappy. Help o o o.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moonraker(m): 8:44am On Jan 09, 2011
@ Cupidkc

Windows 7 what?? what version of windows 7 are u using?? you have to be using

windows 7 utimate to be able to change the language, you could however change

the language settings in other versions of windows but the process becomes more

complicated and some worth illegal,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 8:47am On Jan 09, 2011
Cupidkc:

Plz can sm1 help on how i cn change d lang of my lappy 4rm German to English. Sm1 shld pz hlp, i hv postd ds b4. Its a dell insipion windows 7 lappy. Help o o o.

Go to start-control panel-Clock,Language and region-change display language-keyboard & Languages- click on change keyboards and select English(UK) from the drop down list.

Click Apply and OK. That should do it,unless you have specifically installed a German OS.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 9:22am On Jan 09, 2011
I'm afraid, i don't wanna re-format again, cos i have a very important file which i will never pray to lose because of its size; 5GB
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 9:54am On Jan 09, 2011
. . . so what can i do now?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HumanPsycho(m): 11:49am On Jan 09, 2011
No wants to help me, Pls people help on this am in trouble: before i formatted my local disk i have being getting all sought of blue screen stop erro message some of which are: BAD_POOL; DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL:Or even worst it suddenly displays a blue screen that writes "windows was shut down to avoid damages on your sytem" and so i decieded to format my local disk (Csmiley using the xp2 cd, so i booted it from cd: to cut the story short, i formatted it, but as it was copying files from the xp2 cd, the last blue screen stop erro written above showed up again and so i off my laptop, from then when i power my laptop it does not even display anything its just black, Somebody help me on what to do Please!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:46pm On Jan 09, 2011
Human Psycho:

No wants to help me, Pls people help on this am in trouble: before i formatted my local disk i have being getting all sought of blue screen stop erro message some of which are: BAD_POOL; DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL:Or even worst it suddenly displays a blue screen that writes "windows was shut down to avoid damages on your sytem" and so i decieded to format my local disk (Csmiley using the xp2 cd, so i booted it from cd: to cut the story short, i formatted it, but as it was copying files from the xp2 cd, the last blue screen stop erro written above showed up again and so i off my laptop, from then when i power my laptop it does not even display anything its just black, Somebody help me on what to do Please!

did you actually boot from CD ? what happened when after it rebooted or it did reboot and when on to format it with giving time to check if booting from CD had corrected the bad sectors ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:52pm On Jan 09, 2011
tunnex190:

never played around with things thats you cant fix back

if you want to know more about computers, well look for tutorials online you will get pros and cons of playing around with certain sections of the pc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aieromon(m): 1:37pm On Jan 09, 2011
How do i delete items ''which are no longer located on the destination drive'' but whose icons still appear
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hoodboi(m): 1:55pm On Jan 09, 2011
Please help,i installed avast antivrus nd scaned my sys.it brought sum files nd i deleted dem.by d nxt time i wud run my system,wen i clik on 1 of d usernames,it will log me in nd log me out imediately.i wont mind 4matin it bt i'm loged out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hoodboi(m): 1:58pm On Jan 09, 2011
Please help,i installed avast antivrus nd scaned my sys.it brought sum files nd i deleted dem.by d nxt time i wud run my system,wen i clik on 1 of d usernames,it will log me in nd log me out imediately.i wont mind 4matin it bt i'm loged out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:00pm On Jan 09, 2011
hoodboi:

do a system restore to the date or time before you installed avast
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:03pm On Jan 09, 2011
aieromon:

How do i delete items ''which are no longer located on the destination drive'' but whose icons still appear

items are nolonger there so just delete the icon
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aieromon(m): 2:10pm On Jan 09, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

items are nolonger there so just delete the icon

That's the problem.The icon doesn't delete,instead it brings up the error message ''Cannot find item in location drive''
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hoodboi(m): 2:19pm On Jan 09, 2011
Pls hw do i do a system restore?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:26pm On Jan 09, 2011
hoodboi:

Pls hw do i do a system restore?

Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore.

On the Welcome screen, click Restore my computer to an earlier time, and then click Next.

On the Select a Restore Point page, select the date from the calendar that shows

On the Confirm Restore Point Selection page, verify that the correct restore point is chosen, and then close any open programs.

Click Next if you are ready to proceed or click Back to change the restore point.

The computer will shut down automatically and reboot. On reboot, you'll see the Restoration Complete page, and then click OK.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hoodboi(m): 3:06pm On Jan 09, 2011
Bro its win xp,i cnt even login into my user acc.wen it's booted up to were i clik my user acc nd i select it,it logs in 2 windows briefly nd den out imediately bak 2 d page were d user acc's re.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 3:26pm On Jan 09, 2011
Thanks all. I've found a way out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.