Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1273932 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 10:52am On Jan 06, 2011
Yeah! Please help, i have being trying to install the JAMB offline software that came with my biometric scanner, the CD will open when i insert it into the computer but whenever i get to the offline folder the setup file just won't open. I have tried all the computer(CD, DVD, writer) i have none will install it. Help ohh.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Equity7: 12:41pm On Jan 06, 2011
please help!

how do i locate my windows file path on my system?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:59pm On Jan 06, 2011
Equity7:

please help!

how do i locate my windows file path on my system?

why do you need to locate them ? there meant not to be played around with
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:06pm On Jan 06, 2011
samolina1:

Yeah! Please help, i have being trying to install the JAMB offline software that came with my biometric scanner, the CD will open when i insert it into the computer but whenever i get to the offline folder the setup file just won't open. I have tried all the computer(CD, DVD, writer) i have none will install it. Help ohh.

is it a normal folder or zipped one (compressed with winzip or winrar)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:13pm On Jan 06, 2011
samolina1:

No ZIM, i am using XP. Do you think that i should use 7? Help please!

you got 2 chooses

1 find the XP OS disc and will guide you from there

2 find someone who has XP OS then copy the boot file (we will let you know which file to copy when you find someone who has XP)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 8:57pm On Jan 06, 2011
ZIM normal folder!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:07pm On Jan 06, 2011
samolina1:

ZIM normal folder!

then i guess there is something wrong with file itself

but still you havent told us what is JAMB is all about
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Equity7: 9:21pm On Jan 06, 2011
i need to create a bootable flash disk and i need the windows file to make the flash bootable

but the windows file path is what i need now thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:32pm On Jan 06, 2011
Equity7:

i need to create a bootable flash disk and i need the windows file to make the flash bootable

but the windows file path is what i need now thanks.

first we need to know the OS you have then we will guide to the booting files
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 9:50pm On Jan 06, 2011
You are not a Nigerian? JAMB is the only examination body that conduct examination into higher institution in Nigeria, which means that if you want to attend any higher institution in Nigeria you will have to pass through JAMB(JOINT ADMISSION AND MATRICULATION BOARD) examination. There is this new system of biometric scanner(fingerprint) that was introduced in this year online registration & if you don't have a scanner you can't register! About the CD how do you think i can copy the content please 'cos anytime i get to that particular folder i want to copy the system just keep hanging until the CD is ejected from the drive. Help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:09pm On Jan 06, 2011
samolina1:

You are not a Nigerian? JAMB is the only examination body that conduct examination into higher institution in Nigeria, which means that if you want to attend any higher institution in Nigeria you will have to pass through JAMB(JOINT ADMISSION AND MATRICULATION BOARD) examination. There is this new system of biometric scanner(fingerprint) that was introduced in this year online registration & if you don't have a scanner you can't register! About the CD how do you think i can copy the content please 'cos anytime i get to that particular folder i want to copy the system just keep hanging until the CD is ejected from the drive. Help.

yes am not nigerian

it looks like you got a bad/scratched CD

TRY TO DO A COPY OF IT it works if the CD is not badly scratched
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by baani(m): 12:02am On Jan 07, 2011
i got masef anoda problem oooo

there is a hp g6000 laptop with me, right now it does not power/turn on wit either battery or its adapter. weneva i press the power button it just flashes lights and nothing else (wont come on)

could use ya help zim drill and anyone else, thx

ps: i finally went ahead and bought masef a new adapter 4 ma dell inspiron
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Surf2GreatnessTM1(m): 12:06am On Jan 07, 2011
PLEASE I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY LAPTOP, I WAS BROWSING AND ALL OF A SUDDEN MY LAPTOP REBOOTED AND WAS REPAIRING ALL BY ITSELF, I CANCELED IT AND THAT WAS ALL, THE LAPTOP WENT OF F AND THE SCREEN NEVER DISPLAYED AGAIN, ONLY THE KEYBOARD SHOW LIGHT WHEN I PUT IT ON,
PLEASE NAIRALANDERS PUT ME THROUGH OF WHAT MIGHT BE THE PROBLEM
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Equity7: 8:35am On Jan 07, 2011
@ zimdrill, my OS is windows7 Home premium
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moonraker(m): 10:27am On Jan 07, 2011
@ baani

bad motherboard, try this, remove the battery and adapter, hold on the power button for 60sec,

put everything together and try putting it on, if the problem still persist, then that might be the end of yur lappy,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moonraker(m): 10:28am On Jan 07, 2011
@ Surf2Greatness™

try the above advice,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:40am On Jan 07, 2011
baani:

i got masef anoda problem oooo

there is a hp g6000 laptop with me, right now it does not power/turn on wit either battery or its adapter. weneva i press the power button it just flashes lights and nothing else (wont come on)

could use ya help zim drill and anyone else, thx

ps: i finally went ahead and bought masef a new adapter 4 ma dell inspiron

Did you try this, take off the battery and plug in charger and see if it turns on

and hooking it up to extenal monitor just in case it might be the its monitor playing up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:52am On Jan 07, 2011
Equity7:

@ zimdrill, my OS is windows7 Home premium

there you go all three windows XP VISTA & 7

http://maketecheasier.com/boot-and-install-windows-7-from-usb-flash-drive/2009/01/23
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:04pm On Jan 07, 2011
Surf2Greatness™:

PLEASE I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY LAPTOP, I WAS BROWSING AND ALL OF A SUDDEN MY LAPTOP REBOOTED AND WAS REPAIRING ALL BY ITSELF, I CANCELED IT AND THAT WAS ALL, THE LAPTOP WENT OF F AND THE SCREEN NEVER DISPLAYED AGAIN, ONLY THE KEYBOARD SHOW LIGHT WHEN I PUT IT ON,
PLEASE NAIRALANDERS PUT ME THROUGH OF WHAT MIGHT BE THE PROBLEM

you should have let it repair itself

what make and model is it ?

you need to try last known configuration, i.e press F8 this depends on your make

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Using-Last-Known-Good-Configuration
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okaakoko(m): 12:29am On Jan 08, 2011
please, I dont know what is wrong with my system. I have been using it throughout today, I switched it off when I wanted to switch it on again it refuses to boot. Its displayin a blinking '-' on a blank screen. Please, what seems to be the problem? Help me out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by baani(m): 1:34am On Jan 08, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

Did you try this, take off the battery and plug in charger and see if it turns on

and hooking it up to extenal monitor just in case it might be the its monitor playing up

@zim drill, i tried that but it didnt work, i cant do that rite now coz i dnt hv an external monitor but il get back to u on da

t
moonraker:

@ baani

bad motherboard, try this, remove the battery and adapter, hold on the power button for 60sec,

put everything together and try putting it on, if the problem still persist, then that might be the end of yur lappy,

@moonraker

i tried wat u said ooo and it didnt come on cant u tell mi sometin else i can apart frm sayin bad modaboard, dat is like a nitemare rite now

thx y'all
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by juliusg: 2:01am On Jan 08, 2011
Pls I have some folders in my laptop but I couldn't find them.An engineer told me that I've deleted a user account while creating a new one and that my administrative user account is empty. Pls how do I retrieve these folders. Pls help oooo.They are highly important folders. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:03am On Jan 08, 2011
julius_g:

Pls I have some folders in my laptop but I couldn't find them.An engineer told me that I've deleted a user account while creating a new one and that my administrative user account is empty. Pls how do I retrieve these folders. Pls help oooo.They are highly important folders. Thanks

are you the adminstrator

are the folders in the admin account or other accounts, if that pc has more than one account

and was there any account that was deleted and are the folders private ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mobinga: 3:16am On Jan 08, 2011
Thumbs Up Zim
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:05am On Jan 08, 2011
Mobinga:

Thumbs Up Zim

just trying to give back to society
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by juliusg: 7:22am On Jan 08, 2011
@zim drill
Thanks verymuch, God bless you.
Before I created a new acc, wen I on my computer, it jst started working thesame way I bought it and I started saving things, untill I saw a place to create a new acc which I did, without deleting anything, I don't know if am d administrator or not, I bought d computer new and started using it without creating any acc.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Surf2GreatnessTM(m): 8:19am On Jan 08, 2011
@zim
i am having exact problem with okuaakoko, Mine caps lock is blinking but not displaying anything on the screen, I really need help, I am in school nd really need to use it,
@moon where is the adapter found at??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 8:29am On Jan 08, 2011
Welldone. . . i doff my cap.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:07pm On Jan 08, 2011
julius_g:

@zim drill
Thanks verymuch, God bless you.
Before I created a new acc, wen I on my computer, it jst started working thesame way I bought it and I started saving things, untill I saw a place to create a new acc which I did, without deleting anything, I don't know if am d administrator or not, I bought d computer new and started using it without creating any acc.

which OS are you using and also do you remember which section you saved your files .i.e music, pictures video, my documents and the public folders
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 5:24pm On Jan 08, 2011
@Julius open My Computer, open your hard drive & type in documents & settings\ at the url field and hit enter this should show all the users on your computer, you can then explore all the folder of all the users account for your folder! If you are using a partitioned drive or you use more than one drive on your computer, you will have to identify the one you are using! NB: don't change any letter you meet at the url, just add the one you are typing!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 5:37pm On Jan 08, 2011
Documents and settings\
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by juliusg: 5:53pm On Jan 08, 2011
@samolina1
Thanks, I'll try it. God bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.