Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,682 members, 7,844,240 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1280968 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:34pm On Jan 09, 2011
hoodboi:

Bro its win xp,i cnt even login into my user acc.wen it's booted up to were i clik my user acc nd i select it,it logs in 2 windows briefly nd den out imediately bak 2 d page were d user acc's re.

use the other account if it is also the admin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:35pm On Jan 09, 2011
tunnex190:

Thanks all. I've found a way out.

tell us about it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hoodboi(m): 3:45pm On Jan 09, 2011
Tried it again all accounts r doin dsame tin,pls i rily nid ur help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:11pm On Jan 09, 2011
hoodboi:

Tried it again all accounts r doin dsame tin,pls i rily nid your help

try to log in safe mode
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hoodboi(m): 4:47pm On Jan 09, 2011
Jst tried it,safe mode brought me to d login page again nd it's stil login me out.i tried bootin 4rm cd,bt it goes to a black screen nd writes 9000h or sumtin lyk dat nd stops.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HumanPsycho(m): 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2011
@ZIM DRILL, I booted from cd all by my self, what happened was that after formatting, during the copying of files from cd there is this blue screen erro that showed up that i have to shut down, and so after shutting down that was the end it neva started again
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:09pm On Jan 09, 2011
hoodboi:

Jst tried it,safe mode brought me to d login page again nd it's stil login me out.i tried bootin 4rm cd,bt it goes to a black screen nd writes 9000h or sumtin lyk dat nd stops.

read through

http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1116476.htm

http://www.pctipsbox.com/windows-logs-off-automatically-while-login/

Had the Same experience. Caused both by a virus and missing or corrupt "userinit.exe" file This was the solution;
removed drive and attached as a slave to a working computer.
scanned and removed any malware/virus's found.
found that the userinit.exe file was missing. (C:\windows\system32) is file location. this file could be corrupt also(if there), so you may be prompted to overwrite.
copied file from the good computer to the same location on the slave drive.
shutdown and reinstalled drive.
boot and login were normal. no problems since.
I did run another scan after I was able to log in and found more virus's
removed thosed and everything has been good.
Hope this will help or work for you.
otherwise a format and reload may be only option.

http://www.geekinterview.com/talk/3621-my-computer-automatically-logs-off.html

http://www.technize.com/solution-windows-automatically-logs-off-%E2%80%93-login-log-off-loop/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:16pm On Jan 09, 2011
Human Psycho:

@ZIM DRILL, I booted from cd all by my self, what happened was that after formatting, during the copying of files from cd there is this blue screen erro that showed up that i have to shut down, and so after shutting down that was the end it neva started again

why did you format when it had booted from CD ? i assume that when it booted from CD everything went on to function well so why did you go ahead with formatting ? unless even after booting you still had the problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by senatorbc: 5:23pm On Jan 09, 2011
Pls my Dell desktop computer after booting the windows will appear larger than it suppose to be ,ie some of the information will go will be hidden.What do I do.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:25pm On Jan 09, 2011
senatorbc:

Pls my Dell desktop computer after booting the windows will appear larger than it suppose to be ,ie some of the information will go will be hidden.What do I do.

change the screen resolution
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by showbantu(m): 5:30pm On Jan 09, 2011
confirm if the antivirus is updated and scan it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:45pm On Jan 09, 2011
show bantu:

confirm if the antivirus is updated and scan it.

either quote the person you are responding to or say his/her name
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 09, 2011
@ Zimdrill, rememba me complaining dat my laptop refuses 2 boot, perhaps due 2 error & you gave some advice(pg 102)
well, it didnt work. I took it to a techie who at 1st said it was virus and needed formating.i didnt lyk dat so he took it 2 anoda techie who then said its the flex.
If its the flex thats at fault, is it suppose to show system booting before the screen goes blank when i turn it on? Isn't it suppose 2 b blank ryt 4rm d moment i turn it on?
I nid ur opinion 2 know if dis guy is on d ryt path
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:04pm On Jan 09, 2011
careytommy:

@ Zimdrill, rememba me complaining dat my laptop refuses 2 boot, perhaps due 2 error & you gave some advice(pg 102)
well, it didnt work. I took it to a techie who at 1st said it was virus and needed formating.i didnt lyk dat so he took it 2 anoda techie who then said its the flex.
If its the flex thats at fault, is it suppose to show system booting before the screen goes blank when i turn it on? Isn't it suppose 2 b blank ryt 4rm d moment i turn it on?
I nid your opinion 2 know if dis guy is on d ryt path

he is conning you

since it failed to boot i suggest you do a repair with OS disc but make sure it the genuine copy with a genuine key
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 09, 2011
^^^
thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by senatorbc: 7:41pm On Jan 09, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

change the screen resolution

Yes I have done that but the screen is not clear
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HumanPsycho(m): 7:47pm On Jan 09, 2011
@ZIM DRILL my questions is can a system that happen to shut down after format and before OS Reinstallation come up again? Cause mine appear to not even respond again, Pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:50pm On Jan 09, 2011
senatorbc:

Yes I have done that but the screen is not clear

take a picture of the screen and show us

and also have you got the driver for a better resolution VGA
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:52pm On Jan 09, 2011
Human Psycho:

@ZIM DRILL my questions is can a system that happen to shut down after format and before OS Reinstallation come up again? Cause mine appear to not even respond again, Pls help

yes it can change the boot sequence to CD then it will boot from CD
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:38pm On Jan 09, 2011
4human psycho,enter ur bios,disable ur SATA NATIVE MODE or ahci mode.Dats y ur sys halts during installation.If u cant disable,find a sata SLIPSTREAM XP CD.U can download nlite and sata drivers then use d nlite to integrate sata drivers in2d xp cd.Its a careful procedure.For tunnex and others,when ur os refuses2load on startup-obviously ur bootmanager or os is corrupt.First aid,repair us os or remove ur hard drive and scan4rm another clean sys if it was caused by viral activity.Or simply get bart pe2integrate kaspersky virus definitions into a rescue cd u can always use2startup ur cd(live cd).3.Download kaspersky rescue disk 10 and burn un2cd or removable disk.As i said b4,dis r procedures accumulated over yrs of practice and cant b learnt over forum talks.I av al these tools from hiren cd to any of d above mentioned tools
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:23am On Jan 10, 2011
4hoodboi,i av always warned dat avast antivirus has little or no tolerance4malwares and even false positives-anytin the scanner flags as a suspect is 'deleted' and not 'disinfected'&dats y i always recommend kaspersky because deletion can only b d last option after disinfection or quarantine routines.Im afraid ur SAM files have been partially deleted.The only2options left here are2either repair ur os or do a clean format.Good news is,if u remove ur harddisk and put in2an external enclosure,u can still copy out ur important documents before formating.If u stil encounter insufficient admin privileges,find a vista computer2attach d harddisk2.Vista will automatically inherit dos rights.Safe journey
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zerocool(m): 4:40am On Jan 10, 2011
All on a different level; Have any TECH issues or enquiries? Ask it here- http://forumcitizens.com/showthread.php?tid=107 smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Cally01(m): 6:14am On Jan 10, 2011
I just bought my computer and dont know how to open my command prompt, pls help. Better of,send me email,dannygold4real@yahoo.com kiss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by hushy(m): 9:05am On Jan 10, 2011
i have this compaq mini with a sim slot under it but cant get the sim to work at all, and i know some people use it with glo or mtn sim so it means a driver is missing, please i need to know which driver and where to get the driver so that i can use my sim with the laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by johnnylove: 9:08am On Jan 10, 2011
My computer is not seeing hard disk again. The complain it gives is NO BOOTING DEVICE FOUND.WHAT DO I DO PLS.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by senatorbc: 9:53am On Jan 10, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

take a picture of the screen and show us

and also have you got the driver for a better resolution VGA

Pls can u help me with getting the driver
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 10:50am On Jan 10, 2011
Visit the manufacturer website for any driver download!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 11:18am On Jan 10, 2011
johnnylove:

My computer is not seeing hard disk again. The complain it gives is NO BOOTING DEVICE FOUND.WHAT DO I DO PLS.
Could be three things
1 - The OS file could not be loaded (crashed)
2 - Your PC BIOS did not detect your hard disk
3 - Bad Hard disk

Is it a laptop or Desktop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 11:22am On Jan 10, 2011
Cally01, go to your start menu, this should be at your left hand down corner of you desktop, move your mouse to "All Programs" and look for Accessories, under this you should see C:\ that's your command prompt!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by johnnylove: 11:31am On Jan 10, 2011
Its a desktop system.even inside the setup no drive is seen.thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 11:44am On Jan 10, 2011
I'm guessing it's a cloned system then. undecided

Since you've said the BIOS doesn't detect the hard disk. Then let's try these

1 - When the PC is on, does the hard disk make any sound/noise?
If it does. . then, the hard disk could still be ok

Turn off power, disconnect all power cords
Open the caser, locate the hard disk (usually in the drive bay)
Remove the IDE cable [/b]from behind the hard disk.
You should see a [b]Jumper
(Master/Slave/Cable Select)beside the IDE cable, please note where the Jumper is by default before removing it.
If the Jumper is positioned on the Master Pin, remove the Jumper and put it on the Slave pin.

Connect back everything and power-on the PC. Go to the BIOS and try see if it detects the hard disk now. smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by johnnylove: 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2011
Ive done that and still d problem persist

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (1224) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.