Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268993 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by foxteroh: 10:35pm On Apr 12, 2011
Pls how much will i get hp 620 intel dual core 2.3ghz.320gbhdd.3gbram.bluetooth,webcam and hp 620 intel core 2.3ghz, 320gb hdd,3gb hdd,3gbram,webcam,ext bluetooth.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omoalayo(m): 10:56pm On Apr 12, 2011
Please help me technicians n da ouse. I startd my laptop it wil start up 2 where I enter d username nd password after submitn d pas nd d user it wil brng only d mouse nd ntn happens again if I try 2 leave it 4 some times it will only display d wallpaper. Please help me solve this@al , thanks,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Esinwaju: 12:05am On Apr 13, 2011
25omega:

few things,
1. are you always on battery power when downloading and installing?
2. Have you checked the power setting for the computer? - computers have two settings one for when plugged in and other for when on battery power you might want to adjust both settings to "never" regarding how long before the computer hibrenates
3. You said google mentioned over heating. Do you usually have your laptop on a bed while using it? or on a soft surface? you might want to swith to a hard surface like a table or a hard cover text book if you have to put it on your bed.
4. You might want to go to the website of the manufacturer because they have forums where you can ask questions for free someone who work for the company might have a better answer than you would find here

best
I tried the power settings adjustment stuff but the status quo remained the same. I forgot to mention that my lappy also hibernate s whenever i`m running a full scan with kaspersky and also when i`m extracting a file(noticed this with pes2010), what`s the way forward now? it can`t be overheating cos the vent isn`t blocked and my lappy is always on the table.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CrudeOil2(m): 2:04am On Apr 13, 2011
Esin waju:

Please i`ll like to know why my laptop hibernates when i`m in the middle of a game or i`m downloading a large file. It`s not like i don`t touch the system when downloading, i do other stuff while downloading but it still hibernates. I googled the problem, thinking i would find the cause/ solution and most i came across attributed to it to overheating but don`t think that is the cause, can anyone in the house help me?

Yes, it is due to overheating. Buy a USB fan for your laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CrudeOil2(m): 2:09am On Apr 13, 2011
omoalayo:

Please help me technicians n da ouse. I startd my laptop it wil start up 2 where I enter d username nd password after submitn d pas nd d user it wil brng only d mouse nd ntn happens again if I try 2 leave it 4 some times it will only display d wallpaper. Please help me solve this@al , thanks,

You may try the following after logging in:
hold CTRL+ALT+DEL

start task manager

Run windows explorer by clicking on "file: (on the menu bar), click "run", type "explorer" in the box. Hit enter/ Ok

You might also want to restore the system through "system restore".
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CrudeOil2(m): 2:11am On Apr 13, 2011
totty j.:

i've just formatted my system and d font is faint. It could hardly be read.
Pls what do i do?
Thanks.

You are yet to install some important graphic drivers for your computer. Installing the suitable graphics/media drivers would solve the problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CrudeOil2(m): 2:18am On Apr 13, 2011
Marvellouso:

Bros,pls I'm havin probs wit my lapi,its a Dell Inspiron 1545.I tried openin an application(Crazy Browser) using Windows Media Player,all my programs got corupted cos dey're all tryin 2 open using windows player.Pls,I'm confusd,my frnd said It'll need 4mattin,bt I dn't no if dere's an easier way cos d system is new.

First of all, windows media player is only used for opening media files, not applications. Install an antivirus and scan the system firstly.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 2:38am On Apr 13, 2011
Marvellouso:

No!its got notin 2 do wit browser,crazy browser is an application,when I rite clikd on it,I saw OPEN AS,I chose Windows Media Player@BOOM,it affectd al d oda programs on my system.hope u get it nw??
ok i think i understand now. the program you opened changed your default program to windows media for everything. Now what to find out is what version of windows are you using?

for xp read this article it might help

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307859
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 2:51am On Apr 13, 2011
totty j.:

pls how do i bypass my system password that i have forgotten. Thanks.
what password? the bios password? or a user account password?

for a bios password you will need to remove the battery from the mother board for a few seconds and put it back that removes the bios password
for a user account, you will need to log into your computers administrator account. Meaning you enter username "administrator" and press enter or maybe put in the word"password" as the password.

if you dont remember the password to you administrator account you can start your computer in safe mode and that will allow you to log into your administrator and then you can reset the orginial password to your user account by going to

control panel
user accounts

right click on the username
reset user password
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 2:58am On Apr 13, 2011
omoalayo:

Crude Oil:

You may try the following after logging in:
hold CTRL+ALT+DEL

start task manager

Run windows explorer by clicking on "file: (on the menu bar), click "run", type "explorer" in the box. Hit enter/ Ok

You might also want to restore the system through "system restore".
crudeoil is right. when you see the wall paper, do ctrl-alt-del when the task manager opens click file and select "new task" then type explorer.exe and hit enter

if that doesnt work start your computer in safe mode by pressing f8 when you see the logo of your computer choose safe mode with networking then run a virus scan , do a disk clean and do a defrag
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 3:05am On Apr 13, 2011
Esin waju:

I tried the power settings adjustment stuff but the status quo remained the same. I forgot to mention that my lappy also hibernate s whenever i`m running a full scan with kaspersky and also when i`m extracting a file(noticed this with pes2010), what`s the way forward now? it can`t be overheating cos the vent isn`t blocked and my lappy is always on the table.
well your case seems weird i think you should go to the manufacturers web site and look at the support forums join and ask the question one of the companies techs might be able to give you a better answer

by the way whats the make and model of your computer and do you ever hear the fan when you are using your computer? because downloading big files heats up the computer a lot and if your computer fan is damaged you will need to get something to cool the computer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Esinwaju: 3:43am On Apr 13, 2011
25omega:

well your case seems weird i think you should go to the manufacturers web site and look at the support forums join and ask the question one of the companies techs might be able to give you a better answer

by the way whats the make and model of your computer and do you ever hear the fan when you are using your computer? because downloading big files heats up the computer a lot and if your computer fan is damaged you will need to get something to cool the computer
I too think it`s weird. I do hear the fan when i`m using my computer, i`m using an hp pavillion dv5-1153ei
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Marvellouso: 9:38am On Apr 13, 2011
Thx,but mine is Windows 7.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tottyj(m): 8:08pm On Apr 13, 2011
25omega:

for a bios password you will need to remove the battery from the mother board for a few seconds and put it back that removes the bios password
for a user account, you will need to log into your computers administrator account. Meaning you enter username "administrator" and press enter or maybe put in the word"password" as the password.

if you dont remember the password to you administrator account you can start your computer in safe mode and that will allow you to log into your administrator and then you can reset the orginial password to your user account by going to

control panel
user accounts

reset user password
Crude Oil:

You are yet to install some important graphic drivers for your computer. Installing the suitable graphics/media drivers would solve the problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tottyj(m): 8:17pm On Apr 13, 2011
25omega:

control panel
user accounts

reset user password
thank u very much. I will try those suggestions.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 8:24pm On Apr 13, 2011
Marvellouso:

Thx,but mine is Windows 7.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-which-programs-Windows-uses-by-default

Watch the video on ^^^ should help you out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Marvellouso: 10:11pm On Apr 13, 2011
wink winkthx a lot man,ws of great help,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 12:25am On Apr 14, 2011
Marvellouso:

wink winkthx a lot man,ws of great help,
you are very welcome glad you found a fix
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by steve20114ril(m): 10:40am On Apr 14, 2011
is it possible to install window7 ultimate on a 1g ram?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:51pm On Apr 14, 2011
steve20114ril:

is it possible to install window7 ultimate on a 1g ram?

windows work fine 1 gig ram only the ram eater vista does happen to be slow on 1 gig ram
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tonyawo: 2:32pm On Apr 15, 2011
Pls could someone tell me if it is possible for an internet connection to be slower after installing an operating system? i used swift networks for my internet connection but just three days ago i upgraded from vista to windows 7 operating system. Is it because i change to windows 7 which explain why i am having slow internet connection? Pls guru in the house assist. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Esinwaju: 3:09pm On Apr 15, 2011
Crude Oil:

Yes, it is due to overheating. Buy a USB fan for your laptop.
Yes it is, i noticed the heat coming out from the vent was as hot as an oven.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 3:14pm On Apr 15, 2011
tonyawo:

Pls could someone tell me if it is possible for an internet connection to be slower after installing an operating system? i used swift networks for my internet connection but just three days ago i upgraded from vista to windows 7 operating system. Is it because i change to windows 7 which explain why i am having slow internet connection? Pls guru in the house assist. Thanks.
i doubt that changing your operating system will slow down your connection speed. your connection speed depends on your internet company's bandwidth. if for some reason they reduced the amount of bandwidth coming to your area then your connection will be slow.

your computer might be running slow mayeb because you have lots of programs starting on boot up like for example your anti virus is set to do a scan when ever you boot up your computer or you have lots of non essenciatl services starting at boot up. it could also mean that you picked up a virus.  really it could be anything
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 3:16pm On Apr 15, 2011
Esin waju:

Yes it is, i noticed the heat coming out from the vent was as hot as an oven.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=VA-11-CF-BP&cat=FAN

this ^^^ is an example of what you might want to buy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tonyawo: 7:52pm On Apr 15, 2011
@25omega,
Thanks for your quick response. I've called their customer service centre and i was told they are working on it. Again thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 8:18pm On Apr 15, 2011
tonyawo:

@25omega,
Thanks for your quick response. I've called their customer service centre and i was told they are working on it. Again thanks
you are very welcome
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by funkymeky: 9:08pm On Apr 15, 2011
at thread owner and d house, plz i nid ur help. I just got a zinox lappy. Do i have 2 install d wireless lan? D side d web cam lens is seems block. I don't know if it has a bluetooth. But i saw 'BT' written with a blue colour in d f12 button. D model of d zinox lapi is c4106. I don't know if it has a web cam but i saw image viewer in d device manager. Plz just tell me anytin u know abt d lapi . Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 1:24am On Apr 16, 2011
funkymeky:

at thread owner and d house, plz i nid your help. I just got a zinox lappy. Do i have 2 install d wireless lan? D side d web cam lens is seems block. I don't know if it has a bluetooth. But i saw 'BT' written with a blue colour in d f12 button. D model of d zinox lapi is c4106. I don't know if it has a web cam but i saw image viewer in d device manager. Plz just tell me anytin u know abt d lapi . Thanks
first off i dont know the company you mentioned and i didn't really understand what you want because you have the computer in your possession so you can look at it and see whats on it. if you have windows 7 on the computer you can look at devices and printers to see what is on the machine like webcam etc.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 25omega(m): 1:27am On Apr 16, 2011
25omega:

first off im not familiar with the computer company you mentioned and you have the computer in your possession so you can look at it and see whats on it. if you have windows 7 on the computer you can look at devices and printers to see what is on the machine like webcam etc. or better yet check control panel to see whats on the computer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by funkymeky: 6:54am On Apr 16, 2011
@25omega. Dat's d problem. In d device manager i saw image viewer. But where d webcam lens is seems to b blocked. And if i want to on d wireless d lapi will notify me 'wireless not enabled'.d lapi came with windows 7 ultimate 2gb ram. Plz help. I nid a pc guru.

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.