Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,136 members, 7,835,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1277282 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by arsenal1(m): 4:54pm On May 21, 2011
I have not switched on d phone ever since i went for my youth service on march this yr
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 5:50pm On May 21, 2011
arsenal1:

I switched on my lappy today but d keypad refused to work only the cursor that is active. pls techies help a brother
arsenal1:

I have switched on d lappy ever since i went for youth service on match this yr
arsenal1:

I have not switched on d phone ever since i went for my youth service on march this yr
so is it a phone or a laptop? if its a laptop you might have to update the driver of the laptop keyboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by arsenal1(m): 6:05pm On May 21, 2011
@ Omega25 when i tried to update i will get this mesg ' d best driver 4 ur system is already installed'
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by arsenal1(m): 6:07pm On May 21, 2011
d lappy doesn't allow u access 2 d BIOS SET UP
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by member53(m): 6:33pm On May 21, 2011
@MegaMex tanks man!
I got another one dat has window activator, it workd but unfortunately my vista drivers is not compartable wit win 7. So im bac to vista
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by steve20114ril(m): 8:53pm On May 21, 2011
A WELL DESERVED WIKEND TO U GUYS, GURUS IN DA HOUSE, WN I AM CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET WIF MY MTN MODEM THE NETWORK STATUS BAR APPEARS AS THOUGH NO INTERNET ACCESS (BY THAT I MEAN THE RED STAR ON MY TASK BAR). BT OFCOS THERE IS. WHAT DO I DO
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 9:06pm On May 21, 2011
steve20114ril:

A WELL DESERVED WIKEND TO U GUYS, GURUS IN DA HOUSE, WN I AM CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET WIF MY MTN MODEM THE NETWORK STATUS BAR APPEARS AS THOUGH NO INTERNET ACCESS (BY THAT I MEAN THE RED STAR ON MY TASK BAR). BT OFCOS THERE IS. WHAT DO I DO

Right click on it and choose troubleshoot.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by milanseedorf(m): 9:37pm On May 21, 2011
this virus xaooqi.exe attached itself to my process and anytime i insert a removable drive it wil just infest d flash and after a format it stil recreates itself.do you know how to kill the process because if i try it with task manager it wil not work.pls this virus is rendering me useless
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 4:09am On May 22, 2011
arsenal1:

@ Omega25 when i tried to update i will get this mesg ' d best driver 4 your system is already installed'
updating the drivers using windows is a waste of time download the driver from your computer manufactures website onto a flash stick, uninstall the one thats there now and install the downloaded one restart and see if that fixes it

arsenal1:

you find an external usb keyboard to use while fixing it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 4:14am On May 22, 2011
milanseedorf:

this virus xaooqi.exe attached itself to my process and anytime i insert a removable drive it wil just infest d flash and after a format it stil recreates itself.do you know how to kill the process because if i try it with task manager it wil not work.pls this virus is rendering me useless
the best anti virus/malware remover to use is "hitman pro" it use 3 antivirus in the one program. Though the program wants you to pay for it but you are allowed to use it once for free.

http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=hitman+pro&platformSelect=Windows&tag=srch%3Ba&searchtype=downloads&filterName=platform%3DWindows&filter=platform%3DWindows

it is remarkable. oh yea make sure you are online so it can update.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jeophri(m): 12:17pm On May 22, 2011
customer service is a waste of time and money. Have gone thru all that trouble before thinking of repairing it in nigeria. This was my last resort.
But i mite call them again to see if they can ship another motherboard to replace the damaged one, but from the people i spoke to, i very much doubt it.
Dont u know any reliable comp mech dat does shipping of motherboards and laptop? Cos they would have areliable way of getting it and paying for it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 5:18pm On May 22, 2011
Jeophri:

customer service is a waste of time and money. Have gone thru all that trouble before thinking of repairing it in nigeria. This was my last resort.
But i mite call them again to see if they can ship another motherboard to replace the damaged one, but from the people i spoke to, i very much doubt it.
Dont u know any reliable comp mech dat does shipping of motherboards and laptop? Cos they would have areliable way of getting it and paying for it
sorry i dont know because im not based in nigeria. I think looking at the manufacturers website and call tech support will work best besides they will be able to give you better info as to the distributors they have around the world.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:31pm On May 22, 2011
arsenal1:

How are you accessing the Bios ? for example F2 OR DEL

Is Caps Lock LED light on when you pressed it ?

Is this a Toshiba equim or Dell Laptop ?

When was the last time the laptop keybaord works ?

When you switch the laptop on what can you see before it

changes again, for example Phoenix Bios F2 DEL
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jeophri(m): 8:03pm On May 22, 2011
thanks anyaways.
Does anyone in lagos know any good computer mechanic shop that imports laptop and motherboard?
Cos i want to change my motherboard and it's a new computer, so the motherboard is not readidly available in nigeria
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 1stknight(m): 8:06pm On May 22, 2011
1stknight:

som1 plx i av a toshiba laptop with 250hdd, 2.5 ghz dc of processor, 2 gb of ram, 816 mb of intel gma and running on window 7, my problem with this laptop is dat when ever i 'm using it and somtyms at startup d screen goes white, nd u can still c the laptop running properly, and sometyms if u wait for d backlight to go off d screen comes back, so i dnt really knw wats wrong with it, any help is highly appreciated. THANK U IN ADVANCE.

cry som1 pls reply
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:52pm On May 23, 2011
1stknight:

cry  som1 pls reply

mentioning backlight in your message do create confusion at times. for example a patient
telling a doctor what he/she should be telling the patient, is the same as a computer.
next time mention what the problem is.

for example Toshiba Equim M50-192 windows XP switched on and sometime

shows a white screen and comes back normal. That's an example of a problem

and likely to get reply to from technicians. what's the laptop model please ie toshiba p300
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Henry4u2: 8:23pm On May 23, 2011
Pls i need help on my laptop, it use to trip off when ever i switch it on, what is the cause and how can i repair it . Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 1stknight(m): 8:45pm On May 23, 2011
deji2009:

mentioning backlight in your message do create confusion at times. for example a patient
telling a doctor what he/she should be telling the patient, is the same as a computer.
next time mention what the problem is.

for example Toshiba Equim M50-192 windows XP switched on and sometime

shows a white screen and comes back normal. That's an example of a problem

and likely to get reply to from technicians. what's the laptop model please ie toshiba p300

Thank You, the laptop is Toshiba Satellite X205-SLI6
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:48pm On May 23, 2011
Henrý4u:

Pls i need help on my laptop, it use to trip off  when ever i switch it on, what is the cause and how can i repair it . Thanks

Visit a computer technician for solution and avoid doing it yourself.

Let's a technician takes the decision of what to do about it.

If you're in nigeria visit a repair centre not a roadside one.

Use the correct charger and no cut/twist on the cable

Avoid running the laptop on low current electricity

Check no damage to USB and power socket ports

where the charger goes in
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:53pm On May 23, 2011
1stknight:

Thank You, the laptop is Toshiba Satellite X205-SLI6

what's your Email Messenger ID so I can chat to you and
after that feedback my colleagues on what we conclude on

May not reply as I had a callout repair now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jeophri(m): 9:24pm On May 23, 2011
nobody know's anygood computer repair centre in lagos where i can change my motherboard?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:33pm On May 23, 2011
Jeophri:

nobody know's anygood computer repair centre in lagos where i can change my motherboard?

you dont get it do you ?

what are the chances of finding motherboard of a computer which 3 months old in the market ? the chances are slim since it is new very few people would have damaged a 3 months old new model

you got two options chill for more three months then you will find damaged ones or buy one from the manufacturer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kabba7(m): 6:27am On May 24, 2011
Got a problem wit my ACER 5420 won't boot a techie here in Ilorin alleges `motherboard`  but can't find the parts here in Ilorin,  Any of the inhouse Eng ready to help out? Am on 08033895305 TXT or call pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samuelchik: 11:17am On May 24, 2011
Please, I need fairly used or new DVD ROM/WRITER for my Dell Inspiron 8500. Anyone willing to sell to should contact me immediately today. Its urgent. 08038838266 Sam
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:49pm On May 24, 2011
kabba7:

Got a problem wit my ACER 5420 won't boot a techie here in Ilorin alleges `motherboard` but can't find the parts here in Ilorin, Any of the inhouse Eng ready to help out? Am on 08033895305 TXT or call pls

not booting and switching on are two different things

if you is not booting it means it is switching on so the question why rush to say motherboard ?

tell us what happens when you switch it on
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kabba7(m): 2:59pm On May 24, 2011
Thanks everybody here the damn ACER of a thing will not booth when switched ON
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:30pm On May 24, 2011
kabba7:

Thanks everybody here the damn ACER of a thing will not booth when switched ON

did you try to change the boot sequence ? from hard drive to cd/dvd is you have the OS cd/dvd
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kabba7(m): 3:44pm On May 24, 2011
What I would love is for a good lappy Engineer to help put it back to work with minimum fuss, however I need some assurance as to the quality of parts to be used. I don't want get to Lagos only to begin to parade compiyer village.TNX ALL
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kabba7(m): 3:46pm On May 24, 2011
What I would  love is for a good lappy Engineer to help put it  back to work with minimum fuss, however I need some assurance as to the quality of parts to be used. I don't want get to Lagos only to begin to parade compiyer village.TNX ALL
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:49pm On May 24, 2011
kabba7:

What I would love is for a good lappy Engineer to help put it back to work with minimum fuss, however I need some assurance as to the quality of parts to be used. I don't want get to Lagos only to begin to parade compiyer village.TNX ALL

we can help you hear to either pin point the problem or solve it

ask the guy who looked at it if he tried to change the boot sequence and also does he have the your OS cd
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jeophri(m): 4:31pm On May 24, 2011
@ zimdrill, there's no harm trying. Besides, the problem i'm having iis a factory problem, the system was recalled, maybe even before i bot it. So by now i expect the corrected one's to be in the market.
Besides, i still have to try. Would not just sit here doing nothing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.