Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,909 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268366 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nani4all(m): 5:57am On Jul 06, 2014
hey guys....nice thread going here..
A friend need some advice on which system is best to buy....you can post some links or web to check for them....tankx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bharkarh(m): 7:12am On Jul 06, 2014
Gud mrn onegig and everybody in the house...I properly shutdown my system and when I tried switching it on, it will only pretend as if it will switch on and offs immediately...pls how can I rectify this problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:02am On Jul 06, 2014
bharkarh: Gud mrn onegig and everybody in the house...I properly shutdown my system and when I tried switching it on, it will only pretend as if it will switch on and offs immediately...pls how can I rectify this problem?

make sure the battery is fully charged.

try powering it on with either the battery
and no charger or the charger no battery and observe what happens. Have you changed the memory ram lately or has the laptop been dropped? Any errors on the screen
is the charger original
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:05am On Jul 06, 2014
Nani4all: hey guys....nice thread going here..
A friend need some advice on which system is best to buy....you can post some links or web to check for them....tankx

don't know the specific one but i would recommend Lenovo, Asus, and Toshiba
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:09am On Jul 06, 2014
cristen:
yes plz help.

for the sake of simplicity please google the actual error messages for solutions
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bharkarh(m): 10:32am On Jul 06, 2014
deji2009:

make sure the battery is fully charged.

try powering it on with either the battery
and no charger or the charger no battery and observe what happens. Have you changed the memory ram lately or has the laptop been dropped? Any errors on the screen
is the charger original
av tried all that, nope..I only upgraded it to windows8 whc was working fine...it started the problem of recent...the charger is in a gud state.any other idea on what to do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
bharkarh: av tried all that, nope..I only upgraded it to windows8 whc was working fine...it started the problem of recent...the charger is in a gud state.any other idea on what to do?

what is the make and model of the laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bharkarh(m): 3:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
deji2009:

what is the make and model of the laptop
hp2140 windows vista
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timiwhite(m): 7:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
My Desktop comes up but my OS don't boot up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ControG(m): 9:26pm On Jul 06, 2014
Nice work here; I need help. My system goes off after some minutes. Even when it's still connected to light, it still goes off after working few minutes.sometimes d pc hangs while starting ur . don't know what's wrong.
Compaq.Presario CQ61 32 bits, windows 7 OS
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 06, 2014
bharkarh: av tried all that, nope..I only upgraded it to windows8 whc was working fine...it started the problem of recent...the charger is in a gud state.any other idea on what to do?
That is a harware problem. Probably the power button or cable has problem. It is advisable you take it to a computer personnel or computer customer care center.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 06, 2014
ControG: Nice work here; I need help. My system goes off after some minutes. Even when it's still connected to light, it still goes off after working few minutes.sometimes d pc hangs while starting ur . don't know what's wrong.
Compaq.Presario CQ61 32 bits, windows 7 OS
There are lot of things which can cause such problem.

1) Overheating due to dust in the cooling fan. ---> In that case look for a tech person to help you open it and dust it.

2) The thermal paste on the heatsink is probably overused and lost its cooling chemicals. ---> Get a thermal paste and apply to appropriate places.

3) There is a malware or Virus on the system. ---> Download malwarebytes and scan your system and install MSE to monitor your system against viruses.

4) Where you placed your system is covering the ventilator. ---> Make sure the vent for the fan is not covered and place on where air can circulate easily with your computer.

5) Failing cables or bad cables. ---> Change the cable connecting your mouse,power button, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emtar(m): 2:20am On Jul 07, 2014
Hi d engineers i have a new laptop hp celeron N2820 wins8.1. The problem is that the Bluetooth is not working and shows white light and d driver dd not show yellow in device mgr. But PCI shows yellow. How can i solve this problems? Help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ogojohn(m): 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2014
My laptop is showing blank white screen when switched on. Have tried to bring it on by removing and replacing the battery but without success.
Please i need help to solve this. problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MthimbaneZA(m): 6:10pm On Jul 07, 2014
My problem sound too common, but can someone help to fix this problem. My computer can download software but won't succesfully install them. Also it can use some devices connected to it but wont to some.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:43pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ogojohn: My laptop is showing blank white screen when switched on. Have tried to bring it on by removing and replacing the battery but without success.
Please i need help to solve this. problem.
White blank screen? Probably bad screen.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:44pm On Jul 07, 2014
MthimbaneZA: My problem sound too common, but can someone help to fix this problem. My computer can download software but won't succesfully install them. Also it can use some devices connected to it but wont to some.
What error does it give when it doesn't connect to some? Be specific
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
bharkarh: Gud mrn onegig and everybody in the house...I properly shutdown my system and when I tried switching it on, it will only pretend as if it will switch on and offs immediately...pls how can I rectify this problem?
Welcome. I hope my colleagues have been able to help solve it.

If you tried the detailed process highlighted by deji2009 and it didn't work i guess you would have to take it to an engineer to figure out just like all4naija advised.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
Nani4all: hey guys....nice thread going here..
State your budget and intended use. I can give you a link to a system priced at over 300k. Would that be useful info to you?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Raypawer(m): 9:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
my pc screen just turn pale for no just cause... pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:15pm On Jul 07, 2014
wincompute: pls how do i configure a visafone modem with tp-link router
What kind of modem? Usb? If so you would have to install it on a system designated as a server. Then you share it over the network and allow users connected to your system share the network. I am assuming you have configured the router and all systems are connected already.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:17pm On Jul 07, 2014
Nairalandinfo: I'm planning to get a New Toshiba although i love Dell.....i have less than #65000

Plz Gurus in da house, i have been making some enquires so i need your input cos i intend using it for Sage A/C, Peachtree & Excel:

What is the difference between i3 & dual core....advice me on what to look out for as i go to buy
dual core has just two processors and core i3 four logical processors with a newer technology and the control bus is much wider which makes it faster.

That amount would buy you the Dell 13r. Should be fine.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:22pm On Jul 07, 2014
Raypawer: my pc screen just turn pale for no just cause... pls help
Take a pic of the pale look and upload here.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:22pm On Jul 07, 2014
ikbtn: Pls I'm deeply in need of hp pavilion dv6-3040us screen, mine got broken and I've tried many screens but it's not compatible except it's from a dv6-3040us laptop, any one who has it or knows any screen dat would be compatible wit it shld Pls let me know, thanks ND God bless.
11k for a new one.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:26pm On Jul 07, 2014
Donsammi: Guyz .. There is 0ne laptop that a fwend br0uqht to me.the screen gat problem.. It wil b0ot after s0metyms or wen 0perating it ,it wl chanqe to this bel0w .. Me am based with s0ftware issues!!
That screen has gone nuts bro.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 9:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ajiswaggs(m): 6:49am On Jul 08, 2014
my hp635 has a virus on it, pls hw do i 4mat it nd again d caliberation on it is nt scrolling well, pls is it changeable
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bharkarh(m): 8:25am On Jul 08, 2014
onegig: Welcome. I hope my colleagues have been able to help solve it.

If you tried the detailed process highlighted by deji2009 and it didn't work i guess you would have to take it to an engineer to figure out just like all4naija advised.
thanks bro,God bless. That's what I will have to do.gud mrn!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bharkarh(m): 8:26am On Jul 08, 2014
all4naija: That is a harware problem. Probably the power button or cable has problem. It is advisable you take it to a computer personnel or computer customer care center.
thank you very much for the observation,would do as you've said.gud mrn!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fadinus(m): 1:11pm On Jul 08, 2014
Hello guys, I want to convert my unused Hdd into an external hard drive, Pls who knows how much Hdd enclosures are sold and how to go about it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 1:20pm On Jul 08, 2014
fadinus: Hello guys, I want to convert my unused Hdd into an external hard drive, Pls who knows how much Hdd enclosures are sold and how to go about it.
u dont need 2 be a guru in dat.. d hdd enclosure costs 1500.

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.