Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1270192 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by silvoice(m): 6:03pm On Jul 13, 2014
Someone installed norton anti-virus in my laptop. Since then, when i put any external drive lik my phone memory card, it will scan automatically. But after scanning, it wil hide d files in d drive in an unnamed folder written 'unspecified' . Everything in d card wil not show in d phone unless i put it back into my laptop, copy out the content, format d card and paste content back. It's so frustrating i need help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Montalo(m): 9:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
Greetings to all the engineers in the house. Please help me out. Am using acer aspire 5730z, it has been working fine ever since. But just few days ago, the screen started flickering and by today its showing numerous vertical colours when in use for about 20mins. Please what should I do?? Thanks.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by benebaby77: 10:14pm On Jul 13, 2014
all4naija:
What is your system make? You might need to unscrew the nut holding the optical drive at the back and remove the complete drive.
The make of system is Dell Inspiron 15, 3521.... Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pasqal09: 7:23am On Jul 14, 2014
Good morning, please how do I totaly remove or uninstall and application from my system so there won't be any trace of it left if I reinstall it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Toroze(m): 10:19am On Jul 14, 2014
Oxone:

zone3 shopping complex in wuse by zennith bank
Thanks for the reply I know the place but can you kindly tell where exactly in the shopping complex I can get it a contact would help a lot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:24am On Jul 14, 2014
benebaby77:

Sir, I have done what you prescibed above but to no avail...
Let me what I omitted initially: before incidence occurred I used to place it on a bed, and when pressed the eject button the bed usually will not allow it come out freely except I lifted it up till can come out freely. That's what I quessed it might be its cause.

keep trying with office paper clip. you could try
giving it to another person to do it for you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Oxone(m): 11:40am On Jul 14, 2014
Toroze: Thanks for the reply I know the place but can you kindly tell where exactly in the shopping complex I can get it a contact would help a lot

Sorry man i cant, just check any of the shops there. One of them should have exactly what you need

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Oxone(m): 11:42am On Jul 14, 2014
Montalo: Greetings to all the engineers in the house. Please help me out. Am using acer aspire 5730z, it has been working fine ever since. But just few days ago, the screen started flickering and by today its showing numerous vertical colours when in use for about 20mins. Please what should I do?? Thanks.

It seems like a Flex or Screen problem. i would suggest you have that checked out by a technician

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pasqal09: 12:30pm On Jul 14, 2014
pasqal09: Good morning, please how do I totaly remove or uninstall and application from my system so there won't be any trace of it left if I reinstall it.

isn't someone going to answer me?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 14, 2014
Montalo: Greetings to all the engineers in the house. Please help me out. Am using acer aspire 5730z, it has been working fine ever since. But just few days ago, the screen started flickering and by today its showing numerous vertical colours when in use for about 20mins. Please what should I do?? Thanks.

That is a sign of graphic problem. Your graphic chip is having a problem and I don't usually opt for REFLOW(it will occur again within months) but to get a new motherboard. It could also be the problem of the screen inverter.

I would advise you to take it to a qualified tech.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MARKone(m): 4:18pm On Jul 14, 2014
pasqal09:

You can uninstall normally, then go to your Registry, search for the prog u just uninstalled and delete any associated link it has with the registry, then restart ur system.

2. Download any 3rd party utility software like, your uninstaller or Revo, and use it to uninstall the program.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Montalo(m): 6:33pm On Jul 14, 2014
Oxone:

It seems like a Flex or Screen problem. i would suggest you have that checked out by a technician
thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Montalo(m): 6:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
all4naija:
That is a sign of graphic problem. Your graphic chip is having a problem and I don't usually opt for REFLOW(it will occur again within months) but to get a new motherboard. It could also be the problem of the screen inverter.

I would advise you to take it to a qualified tech.
thank you. Will take it to a technician.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Oxone(m): 6:35pm On Jul 14, 2014
Montalo: thank you.

It's my pleasure man smiley

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tjmc: 6:43pm On Jul 14, 2014
I HAVE A LENOVO G550 LAPTOP.
ITWAS PREVIOUSLY OKAY ND I WAS
ENJOYING IT,
SUDDENLY WHEN I PRESS THE POWER
BUTTON, IT POWERS ON BUT DOES NOT
DISPLAY ANYTIN ON D SCREEN.
I HAVE DONE A RESIT OF THE RAM YET NO
SOLUTION. ALSO WHEN I POWER ON THE
LAPTOP, THE THREE LIGHTS NEAR THE
CURSOR PAD USUALLY INDICATES ITS
BOOTING.
I AM CURRENTLY NOT TRADING MY FX NOW
DUE TO THE PROBLEM.
PLEASE GURUS IN THE HOUSE I NEED UR
ASSISTANCE.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by silvoice(m): 8:06pm On Jul 14, 2014
silvoice: Someone installed norton anti-virus in my laptop. Since then, when i put any external drive lik my phone memory card, it will scan automatically. But after scanning, it wil hide d files in d drive in an unnamed folder written 'unspecified' . Everything in d card wil not show in d phone unless i put it back into my laptop, copy out the content, format d card and paste content back. It's so frustrating i need help
pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mindtricks: 12:16am On Jul 15, 2014
benebaby77:
I have done that several times but still refuse to come out. When I press eject button it will making some low sound as if it want to come out but it won't. Although what I noticed is that I used to place it on bed wen I wanted to insert disk. And the bed did obstruct it till i lifted d system on before it could come out freely... My email is halbeeb@live.com

No wahala, guess you v resolved it now.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mindtricks: 12:25am On Jul 15, 2014
@ deji and oxone, thanks.

Just wondering these antivirus keys that tell you, you have like 50years, should they be taken seriously, are they any safe, or isnt there something really wrong with them?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Oxone(m): 10:35am On Jul 15, 2014
mindtricks: @ deji and oxone, thanks.

Just wondering these antivirus keys that tell you, you have like 50years, should they be taken seriously, are they any safe, or isnt there something really wrong with them?

LOL @50 years! stay away from those as they don give the the much needed protection.

Also its almost useless installing a paid antivirus if you don't go online or update it cos regular update for protection against new virus or variant of existing ones is actually what you're paying for

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Davidolives(m): 11:25am On Jul 15, 2014
MARKone:

What is ur system configuration.
system config
cpu=AMD dual core processor c60 with turbo core tech up to 1.333ghz
memory=4gb ddr3 memory\
storage 320gb
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Davidolives(m): 11:27am On Jul 15, 2014
MARKone:

What is ur system configuration.
pls help with what to do with my fifa 12 on pc it is slow

system config
memory=4gb ddr3 memory\
storage 320gb
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LannisterIMP: 1:24pm On Jul 15, 2014
Hello House, I have a HP Pavillon 2000, Running a windows 7 OS.

For a while now when A modem is inserted into it. The Modem will not be recognized/Aknowledged by the laptop.

Firstly I thought its the etisalat Modem but I used another MTN modem and its the same. So I am guessing the prob is with the PC.

SO Engrs in the house what i can do to FIX the Modem palava... As I need internet to finish my Project by thursday.

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jadajada: 2:12pm On Jul 15, 2014
To d Engrs in d house.my laptop battery ran down while usin it, i later charge it but when i power it, it did nt on but if i plug d charger 2 power source it 'll start and indicate that d battery is on 90% but if i remove d charger 4rm d power source it 'll off. Pls, what is d problem wit it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tjmc: 2:33pm On Jul 15, 2014
tjmc: I HAVE A LENOVO G550 LAPTOP.
ITWAS PREVIOUSLY OKAY ND I WAS
ENJOYING IT,
SUDDENLY WHEN I PRESS THE POWER
BUTTON, IT POWERS ON BUT DOES NOT
DISPLAY ANYTIN ON D SCREEN.
I HAVE DONE A RESIT OF THE RAM YET NO
SOLUTION. ALSO WHEN I POWER ON THE
LAPTOP, THE THREE LIGHTS NEAR THE
CURSOR PAD USUALLY INDICATES ITS
BOOTING.
I AM CURRENTLY NOT TRADING MY FX NOW
DUE TO THE PROBLEM.
PLEASE GURUS IN THE HOUSE I NEED UR
ASSISTANCE.

Somebody hellep meee oohh
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 3:18pm On Jul 15, 2014
pasqal09:

go to control panel. Choose programs and features . And uninstall the programme you want
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MARKone(m): 4:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
Davidolives: pls help with what to do with my fifa 12 on pc it is slow

system config
memory=4gb ddr3 memory\
storage 320gb

Maybe the memory allocation to your GPU is low. With the that config, u should be able to run FIFA 12 without problems. What model of laptop is that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
jadajada: To d Engrs in d house.my laptop battery ran down while usin it, i later charge it but when i power it, it did nt on but if i plug d charger 2 power source it 'll start and indicate that d battery is on 90% but if i remove d charger 4rm d power source it 'll off. Pls, what is d problem wit it?

Is this an hp laptop ? please provide laptop make and model number.
this information can be found on a sticker located at the back of the laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jadajada: 4:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
deji2009:

Is this an hp laptop ? please provide laptop make and model number.
this information can be found on a sticker located at the back of the laptop.
it is hp 530.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
tjmc:

Somebody hellep meee oohh

you could try atx reset

take battery and charger out and any other devices that
is currently attached, i.e usb stick , printer etc

then hold down the laptop power for 30 seconds
to discharge static electricity. please follow the
instructions carefully. After that connect the battery
and power on. if you have constant light just connect teh charger first and
use to power on.

is the fan running ?

any cd inside the laptop please?

if you live in Nigeria where light are not constant, please
attach the battery first. have your laptop turned itself off unexpectedly?

have used a generator to charger or a low current NEPA Lights
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tjmc: 10:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
deji2009:

you could try atx reset

take battery and charger out and any other devices that
is currently attached, i.e usb stick , printer etc

then hold down the laptop power for 30 seconds
to discharge static electricity. please follow the
instructions carefully. After that connect the battery
and power on. if you have constant light just connect teh charger first and
use to power on.

is the fan running ?

any cd inside the laptop please?

if you live in Nigeria where light are not constant, please
attach the battery first. have your laptop turned itself off unexpectedly?

have used a generator to charger or a low current NEPA Lights

i did as instructed bro but it didnt bootup. i appreciate ur response.

is there anytin i can do or can u refer me to any other forum for laptop repairs.

thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by daymolar103(m): 7:51am On Jul 16, 2014
COMPUTER MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR,INTERCOM SOLUTION,SHARING OF PRINTERS AND FILES SHARING,ANTIVIRUS SOLUTIONS,RECOVER UR LOST FILES,NETWORK SOLUTIONS.CALL ADEMOLA 07084306572,08169055302
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:32pm On Jul 16, 2014
tjmc:

i did as instructed bro but it didnt bootup. i appreciate ur response.

is there anytin i can do or can u refer me to any other forum for laptop repairs.

thanks

there are no shortcut. I would advise you take it to a computer shop

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.