Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268071 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
jadajada: it is hp 530.

download hp battery test from google And test the charger and the battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mindtricks: 1:37am On Jul 17, 2014
Oxone:

LOL @50 years! stay away from those as they don give the the much needed protection.

Also its almost useless installing a paid antivirus if you don't go online or update it cos regular update for protection against new virus or variant of existing ones is actually what you're paying for

But like seriously, such antivirus with such long time keys, you mean that if one regularly updates it there is still issue with it, that it wont still function?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 11:46am On Jul 17, 2014
My.flash drive is having problems just used it once. Now.when.I Insert it into my pc it brings out the messge "application not found" what can I do ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Oxone(m): 12:27pm On Jul 17, 2014
mindtricks:

But like seriously, such antivirus with such long time keys, you mean that if one regularly updates it there is still issue with it, that it wont still function?

Its just like hiring a Junkie you met in a back alley to change your locks.

Apart from the moral angle, it won't update properly creating a loophole and leaving your system vulnerable to harm and sometimes there are codes attached to this crack that creates a backdoor to your systems. I'd suggest you stay away from those. Update or not

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Oxone(m): 12:37pm On Jul 17, 2014
purplekayc: My.flash drive is having problems just used it once. Now.when.I Insert it into my pc it brings out the messge "application not found" what can I do ?

Changing the drive letter should fixed the problem. Follow the steps below to the latter

Open Control

Go to Administrative Tools

Computer Management

Storage

Disk Management

Locate the USB drive in the list (WARNING!:be careful not to change a drive letter for a hard disk)

Right click on the drive

Left Click "Change Drive Letter and Paths"

Select a new Drive letter (Preferably a letter higher than the previous one)

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by switchie(m): 2:53pm On Jul 17, 2014
Pls i need your help!!!
i have a computer that has cd-rom inside it and i have a cd/dvd disk drive so i tried putting it in the system so as to be able what dvd videos,the computer detects it but it does not read whatever kind of disc i insert even cd.pls how do i get it to work?
thanks for your future response.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timijohn: 7:24pm On Jul 17, 2014
SlimFizel: Hello PPle,I do av a laptop that when it boots to desktop,it trips off immediately and restarts immediately,as long as the laptop is on it can do it a million times...Pls how can i troubleshoot this case
your OS is currupt. its a commob problem with windows. take it to a good engineer to have it reinstalled. if you have important files on it remind him to back them up.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
switchie: Pls i need your help!!!
i have a computer that has cd-rom inside it and i have a cd/dvd disk drive so i tried putting it in the system so as to be able what dvd videos,the computer detects it but it does not read whatever kind of disc i insert even cd.pls how do i get it to work?
thanks for your future response.

pls click start, computer or my computer, check there is dvd rom or
cd dvd on the list if it isn't you may need to check device manager and
also regfix to get to work. please get back to us first
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timijohn: 11:23pm On Jul 17, 2014
factorial1: please, is there any way to deactivate "remember password" on my browser? So, that whenever I open a particular site I will be able to log in with any other account aside mine?
logout from the account. then login again but this time uncheck REMEMBER ME before uou press ENTER.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timijohn: 11:29pm On Jul 17, 2014
kashman04: hello engineers in the house.i have a problem with my hp 2000 laptop, the system does not show the led indicator when the charger is plugged in and it does not charge the battery. But when i remove the battery and plugin the charger it indicates and subsequently powers on the laptop. I have to use my compac laptop to charge the hp2000 battery. Every other thing is perfect with the laptop.
perhaps your charger is not compatible with the battery. may be try another charger.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timijohn: 11:42pm On Jul 17, 2014
mindtricks: Guys, how to bypass IDM trial wahala?

use this
https://www.nairaland.com/1812003/unlock-idm-forever-serial
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Banjousman(m): 5:40am On Jul 18, 2014
Pls I need a professional advice, I have a laptop hp 4530s core i3, that just stop booting fine some days ago, if I on it, it's going to on and I can have access to the BIOS settings And system information but once I leave it to boot normally it will get stuck at the windows logo page and wount go further, at first I tot it was a hard drive issue thinking if I format it with windows cd it's going to work back, after using the windows cd it gets stuck again without responding to the windows cd, I changed the hard drive again inserted another one in d same laptop and d same hanging still occurred, I formatted my hard disk again using it as an external hard drive, after formating it, it still doesn't respond, I tried booting via safe mode, in the safe mode page the laptop hanged wen it loaded a driver named classpnp.sys, I tot it was my disk again so I changed it and inserted another one but that didn't solve the problem, I went to buy window xp cd with the hope that it's going to work, but during the process of setting up window xp it hanged again, I took it to am engineer yesterday right in front of me he tot it was a software issue so he loaded all the disk and noticed the hanging stage so he decided to loose the lappy and removed the CMOS battery just to erase the system info but despite all still no luck, he changed the BIOS cos he has the scrap of that laptop still yet it didn't open windows page but hangs at the same window logo startup stage, finally he changed the processor and ram to confirm if that will solve it, still yet no changes, Pls Is there anyone that has encountered this same problem before or Pls is there any solution to the lappy, Pls I need an advice on how to make it come back to life.... Thanks to u all
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timijohn: 9:27am On Jul 18, 2014
silvoice: pls help
I think you have a malware. you should uninstall the norton.
then have your hdd scanned on another system by putting it in a hdd enclosure cos it seems its infected. after that, try installing an antivirus but make sure the source is not infected.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timijohn: 9:32am On Jul 18, 2014
LannisterIMP: Hello House, I have a HP Pavillon 2000, Running a windows 7 OS.

For a while now when A modem is inserted into it. The Modem will not be recognized/Aknowledged by the laptop.

Firstly I thought its the etisalat Modem but I used another MTN modem and its the same. So I am guessing the prob is with the PC.

SO Engrs in the house what i can do to FIX the Modem palava... As I need internet to finish my Project by thursday.

Thanks.
there could be problem with the usb port. try another port if you have more than one.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timijohn: 9:46am On Jul 18, 2014
Davidolives: pls help with what to do with my fifa 12 on pc it is slow

system config
cpu=AMD dual core processor c60 with turbo core tech up to 1.333ghz
memory=4gb ddr3 memory\
storage 320gb

do you have Adobe flash player and Direct X.
try them and see if there is any improvement.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LannisterIMP: 12:24pm On Jul 18, 2014
Timijohn:
there could be problem with the usb port. try another port if you have more than one.

The Modems don't work on all 3Ports. And all ports function properly because I charge my BB with the laptop and send files back and forth with through them too.

Pls is there any other thing I can do about this Situation?
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 3:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
Banjousman: Pls I need a professional advice, I have a laptop hp 4530s core i3, that just stop booting fine some days ago, if I on it, it's going to on and I can have access to the BIOS settings And system information but once I leave it to boot normally it will get stuck at the windows logo page and wount go further, at first I tot it was a hard drive issue thinking if I format it with windows cd it's going to work back, after using the windows cd it gets stuck again without responding to the windows cd, I changed the hard drive again inserted another one in d same laptop and d same hanging still occurred, I formatted my hard disk again using it as an external hard drive, after formating it, it still doesn't respond, I tried booting via safe mode, in the safe mode page the laptop hanged wen it loaded a driver named classpnp.sys, I tot it was my disk again so I changed it and inserted another one but that didn't solve the problem, I went to buy window xp cd with the hope that it's going to work, but during the process of setting up window xp it hanged again, I took it to am engineer yesterday right in front of me he tot it was a software issue so he loaded all the disk and noticed the hanging stage so he decided to loose the lappy and removed the CMOS battery just to erase the system info but despite all still no luck, he changed the BIOS cos he has the scrap of that laptop still yet it didn't open windows page but hangs at the same window logo startup stage, finally he changed the processor and ram to confirm if that will solve it, still yet no changes, Pls Is there anyone that has encountered this same problem before or Pls is there any solution to the lappy, Pls I need an advice on how to make it come back to life.... Thanks to u all

take a working hard drive with a working windows from another pc and insert it into your system.. if wen booting it get stucks.. change ur ram sticks. if all i have said doesnt work out..

den its time u remove d processor and insert another one.. trust me... u willl be glad u did...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omowunmi10: 3:24pm On Jul 18, 2014
my TOSHIBA L855S5121 core i5 is having the problem of "FAILING TO UPDATE WINDOWS AND REVERTING TO CHANGE". How do I go about it. Please nairalander, help my condition because I just bought it 3days ago. I never asked it to update I just saw "UPDATING WINDOWS PLEASE DON'T TURN OF THE COMPUTER" since 2days it hasn't updated
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 3:41pm On Jul 18, 2014
Oxone:

Changing the drive letter should fixed the problem. Follow the steps below to the latter

Open Control

Go to Administrative Tools

Computer Management

Storage

Disk Management

Locate the USB drive in the list (WARNING!:be careful not to change a drive letter for a hard disk)

Right click on the drive

Left Click "Change Drive Letter and Paths"

Select a new Drive letter (Preferably a letter higher than the previous one)
thanks bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omowunmi10: 3:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
my Toshiba laptop is FAILING TO UPDATE WINDOWS and REVERTING TO CHANGES. I need help to fix this problem. anyone with useful help? Please come to my rescue Nairalanders
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ukemeglitter: 7:35pm On Jul 18, 2014
Hello guys

Pls can someone help me with where I can download MS Office online (2007 OR 2010 OR 2013)

Thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Shollay20(m): 7:42pm On Jul 18, 2014
I need free pc browssing......
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mrBenjamin(m): 3:44am On Jul 19, 2014
I connect my tecno hotspot phone to my laptop but the challenge is that i can not download applications to my laptop system. Pls can someone with sound ideas help me?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 19, 2014
pls when i insert a flash it turns evryrtin to shortcut and ave scanned several times it says no virus.......pls heelp
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by silvoice(m): 10:12am On Jul 19, 2014
Timijohn:
I think you have a malware. you should uninstall the norton.
then have your hdd scanned on another system by putting it in a hdd enclosure cos it seems its infected. after that, try installing an antivirus but make sure the source is not infected.
thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leunamme93(m): 12:43pm On Jul 19, 2014
well done house. Pls where can i get thermal paste tuniq tx4 to be presise in lagos and how much?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akell(m): 12:47pm On Jul 19, 2014
SAVE ME BEFORE I DIE!!!

PC gurus, I have a Brian laptop recently i discovered it gives a continuous beep sound whenever it's turned on (i have to press some keys-any key- to make the beep stop). Even when it turns on, the mouse pad doesnt work. It freezes....without waking up. Someday, i tried booting in safe mode, i noticed everything worked perfectly....no beep, no mouse pad malfunction. I dunno what could be wrong with it.

Pls help! Thanks!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smartluvu(m): 2:41pm On Jul 19, 2014
Hi all

Anyone to teach me how to convert my 64bit laptop to 32bit n how I can convert it back to 64bit after m done with what I wanna do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ikescope: 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2014
Pls I don't know what could b wrong wth my laptop(Hp pavilon)
Its refusing 2 charge nor power on
But the issue is that av packed it 4 more than 2 months even wen it was functioning well....but forgot 2 remove d ba3 wen I packed it...cud it be because its been packed 4 a long time without detaching d ba3 from d system?? embarassed

Pls I would appreciate a helpful idea or comments that would possibly bring a +ve solution....#thanks in anticipation
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 19, 2014
Banjousman: Pls I need a professional advice, I have a laptop hp 4530s core i3, that just stop booting fine some days ago, if I on it, it's going to on and I can have access to the BIOS settings And system information but once I leave it to boot normally it will get stuck at the windows logo page and wount go further, at first I tot it was a hard drive issue thinking if I format it with windows cd it's going to work back, after using the windows cd it gets stuck again without responding to the windows cd, I changed the hard drive again inserted another one in d same laptop and d same hanging still occurred, I formatted my hard disk again using it as an external hard drive, after formating it, it still doesn't respond, I tried booting via safe mode, in the safe mode page the laptop hanged wen it loaded a driver named classpnp.sys, I tot it was my disk again so I changed it and inserted another one but that didn't solve the problem, I went to buy window xp cd with the hope that it's going to work, but during the process of setting up window xp it hanged again, I took it to am engineer yesterday right in front of me he tot it was a software issue so he loaded all the disk and noticed the hanging stage so he decided to loose the lappy and removed the CMOS battery just to erase the system info but despite all still no luck, he changed the BIOS cos he has the scrap of that laptop still yet it didn't open windows page but hangs at the same window logo startup stage, finally he changed the processor and ram to confirm if that will solve it, still yet no changes, Pls Is there anyone that has encountered this same problem before or Pls is there any solution to the lappy, Pls I need an advice on how to make it come back to life.... Thanks to u all

This is a familiar issue. It has to do with one of the loose chips on your motherboard. The best way to solve the problem is to take it to a good tech professional who can identify the chip and solder it properly.

That is it.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mindtricks: 12:55am On Jul 20, 2014
Timijohn:

use this
https://www.nairaland.com/1812003/unlock-idm-forever-serial

Wow! Thanks a lot dearie. At least you just saved me from all this app pesterings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.