Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,451 members, 7,958,349 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:53 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1334423 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (1233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:55am On Jul 25, 2014
brightk: u can google d meanin...am sure its against d rules of dis forum 2 discuss such issue......not witstanding.. every chip will always hit up as long as u subject it 2 Stressful jobs like dat of gaming....... the truth is dat laptops dont dissipate heat very well.. de cant really manage heat... unlike desktop..weda AMD or NVIDIA chip.. they will still heat up..

onegig: Modifying bios is not against forum rules. I would like to learn. Just go on.

I think brightk meant that changing some bios settings such as the advanced bios features, pnp, pci config, cpu speed
power management, graphics options can lead to problems. On the other hand it is alright to load defaulvia f9, boot order,
clock, date and some basic settings. it is 50 50 kind of thing. @user it is better to leave the system how it is. the manuf...
had set it to be like that and you just got to make sure the game you buy can run smoothly on your machine.

The closet you can get is to increase your paging file in windows.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chidimarc(m): 11:11am On Jul 25, 2014
chidimarc: Pls who can help me with a solid state disk(SSD) my hp compaq 2510p. I need it urgently biko
deji2009, onegig and co, pls respond
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:30am On Jul 25, 2014
chidimarc: deji2009, onegig and co, pls respond

Send me a pm. I hope you have the money for the ssd. Just 120gb costs 26k.

Also just checking the laptop model and i am not sure how a system from 2007 comes with an SSD. Or do you mean IDE?

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seunny4lif(m): 12:20pm On Jul 25, 2014
onegig:

Send me a pm. I hope you have the money for the ssd. Just 120gb costs 26k.

Also just checking the laptop model and i am not sure how a system from 2007 come with an SSD. Or do you mean IDE?
Dat why am confused too...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seunny4lif(m): 12:21pm On Jul 25, 2014
chidimarc: thanks bud, will call them and have it delivered. I don't stay in lag
where do u base?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:35pm On Jul 25, 2014
deji2009:

I think brightk meant that changing some bios settings such as the advanced bios features, pnp, pci config, cpu speed
power management, graphics options can lead to problems. On the other hand it is alright to load defaulvia f9, boot order,
clock, date and some basic settings. it is 50 50 kind of thing. @user it is better to leave the system how it is. the manuf...
had set it to be like that and you just got to make sure the game you buy can run smoothly on your machine.

The closet you can get is to increase your paging file in windows.

Ok . I understand now.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ahmedgafar7(m): 3:10am On Jul 26, 2014
i hibernated my samsung mini laptop, since then i've not been able to even on the system with the power button
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:50am On Jul 26, 2014
ahmedgafar7: i hibernated my samsung mini laptop, since then i've not been able to even on the system with the power button
Remove the battery, disconnect the charger from the main power supply and press the power button down for about 10 seconds and release it. Replace the battery and power it on.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ahmedgafar7(m): 5:40am On Jul 26, 2014
all4naija:
Remove the battery, disconnect the charger from the main power supply and press the power button down for about 10 seconds and release it. Replace the battery and power it on.
bro, did that like a 100 times
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by martinmiller: 7:26am On Jul 26, 2014
nice topic,i knew you are one of the compu gurus onNL..
i need your elp wiv ma lap,,sum keys like umm six,eight,nine are not working
can you help anyway& what is the cause of the prob?

thanks,,i will wait for your response wiv impatient..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:57am On Jul 26, 2014
martinmiller: nice topic,i knew you are one of the compu gurus onNL..
i need your elp wiv ma lap,,sum keys like umm six,eight,nine are not working
can you help anyway& what is the cause of the prob?

thanks,,i will wait for your response wiv impatient..
What make is the laptop, for example Toshiba P-20H Windows 7, Vista or
Linux. if dual boot. please specify

what do yo mean by not working ? please be specific about it.
what really happened and what have you done to fix it. Any recent changes,
for example repairs carried out on the laptop. Are the keys sticking ?

Are keys coming up with something different. for example six
coming up with nine When was the last time it works ?
Any errors ?

TO rule the possibility of a hardware or software problem, please
download http://support.microsoft.com/mats/hardware_device_problems/

And let us know th results

TO ALL USERS

One thing i cherish so much is for people to follow the instructions and answer all questions.
physiologically it would enable others to help you guys .

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:03am On Jul 26, 2014
ahmedgafar7: bro, did that like a 100 times

cheesy 5 years ago when I used to work for with DSGI
international Business support, it is a requirement to
do this. Failure to do it on several occasion, could lead to
warning for the agent and if that happens again. The agent
could be invited for a disciplinary meeting. This works alot and have saved many
business owners machine from coming to our repair line

So I will forever try this on issues such as no display, no power and so on.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
ahmedgafar7: bro, did that like a 100 times
Are your charger and battery are working fine? If the are you power switch is possibly bad. Look for a tech to fix it for you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by martinmiller: 1:14pm On Jul 26, 2014
deji2009:
What make is the laptop, for example Toshiba P-20H Windows 7, Vista or
Linux. if dual boot. please specify

what do yo mean by not working ? please be specific about it.
what really happened and what have you done to fix it. Any recent changes,
for example repairs carried out on the laptop. Are the keys sticking ?

Are keys coming up with something different. for example six
coming up with nine When was the last time it works ?
Any errors ?

TO rule the possibility of a hardware or software problem, please
download http://support.microsoft.com/mats/hardware_device_problems/

And let us know th results

TO ALL USERS

One thing i cherish so much is for people to follow the instructions and answer all questions.
physiologically it would enable others to help you guys .

the latop make-fujitsu,intel, core TM i3 cpu,on window7.
i noticed those keys stped working 4days back,but am kinda
confused to what might happen.no repairs has been made in anyways,
& not asif the keys comes out with diff numbers,it does nt comesup atall....

GURUS WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:29pm On Jul 26, 2014
martinmiller:

the latop make-fujitsu,intel, core TM i3 cpu,on window7.
i noticed those keys stped working 4days back,but am kinda
confused to what might happen.no repairs has been made in anyways,
& not asif the keys comes out with diff numbers,it does nt comesup atall....

GURUS WHAT SHOULD I DO?

What is the result of the test ? please check previous post

And also have you try to type using ms word or type using the internet
with the keys mentioned ? you could blow compress air into the keys mentioned and
see if it will get rid of dirt and eventually work

Shut down the laptop, removed battery and cable for a moment,
press and hold the start button for 60 seconds... and replace the battery..
start the lap top.. if that does not work a technician is a must.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ahmedgafar7(m): 1:49pm On Jul 26, 2014
all4naija:
Are your charger and battery are working fine? If the are you power switch is possibly bad. Look for a tech to fix it for you.
yes bro the system still shows d charging lights up till now, it might be d power switch failing coz i remeber i had to press the switch lyk 5 times b4 booting then.
deji2009:
cheesy 5 years ago when I used to work for with DSGI
international Business support, it is a requirement to
do this. Failure to do it on several occasion, could lead to
warning for the agent and if that happens again. The agent
could be invited for a disciplinary meeting. This works alot and have saved many
business owners machine from coming to our repair line
So I will forever try this on issues such as no display, no power and so on.
all4naija:
yes bro the system still shows d charging lights up till now, it might be d power switch failing coz i remeber i had to press the switch lyk 5 times b4 booting then.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Feraz(m): 2:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
I'm having issues with my PC. I got a new PC August last year, updated to Windows 8.1 when I saw a prompt from store to do so. Sometime June this year, it's asking me to activate. I click on the activate link and it's telling me that it can't activate. It just seems like it isn't activating cos the product key isn't matching but c'mon, it's a new PC with an OEM license. How am I supposed to resolve it without resetting my PC to Windows 8 as I can't install some Microsoft products and also can't use the PC's wi-fi. Deji2009, 4llerbuntu, all4naija, onegig? Anybody? Thanks. cry cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by martinmiller: 2:20pm On Jul 26, 2014
deji2009:

What is the result of the test ? please check previous post

And also have you try to type using ms word or type using the internet
with the keys mentioned ? you could blow compress air into the keys mentioned and
see if it will get rid of dirt and eventually work

Shut down the laptop, removed battery and cable for a moment,
press and hold the start button for 60 seconds... and replace the battery..
start the lap top.. if that does not work a technician is a must.

i will try as you you have said,tho ve runed the scan but noffin to show,
lemme try removing the battery with the likes,,get back to you as ap.

thanks many.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by boyo44: 6:43pm On Jul 26, 2014
pls I need a technician advice
I tried to on my laptop but it kept behaving as if their is no ram inside. after continuous offing and putting it on it will on. I tested the ram in another system it worked perfectly. but now it is not working at all. it kept acting as if dier is no ram inside. it won't boot at all with blank screen. pls wat can I do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seunny4lif(m): 1:31am On Jul 27, 2014
boyo44: pls I need a technician advice
I tried to on my laptop but it kept behaving as if their is no ram inside. after continuous offing and putting it on it will on. I tested the ram in another system it worked perfectly. but now it is not working at all. it kept acting as if dier is no ram inside. it won't boot at all with blank screen. pls wat can I do
Hope the ram slot is ok?If,nt then i guess u clean the ram slot teeth and put the ram back and support it wit ur hand 2 knw maybe it will comes up...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by boyo44: 11:04am On Jul 27, 2014
seunny4lif: Hope the ram slot is ok?If,nt then i guess u clean the ram slot teeth and put the ram back and support it wit ur hand 2 knw maybe it will comes up...
I did that it doesn't work. I was thinking that is their any other problem that can make a laptop behave like that
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Feraz(m): 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
deji2009:

I acknowledge nickyjef suggestion, however I would advise you run windows 8 check to
ensure you're ready for windows 8. if something isn't ready for something, there is no point
forcing it to work. The creator of the software knows best and that is why they have windows 8
compatibility check before you install it.What make and model is your machine. for example, My own is
a Dell optiplex 750Toshiba P300-20 H Windows 7/xp/Vista/Ubutu. This information can be found at the back of the machine.
My PC is HP Pavilion g6-2350sia. The PC came preinstalled with Windows 8 and it ran a compactibility test before it installed Windows 8.1 which was downloaded 2months after purchase. If I use the Microsoft toolkit, won't it void the warranty on the OS because looking at using the toolkit, I'm likely to be activating every six months?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seunny4lif(m): 4:45pm On Jul 27, 2014
boyo44:
I did that it doesn't work. I was thinking that is their any other problem that can make a laptop behave like that
Wher do u based?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by boyo44: 7:53pm On Jul 27, 2014
seunny4lif: Wher do u based?
osogbo
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kevoh(m): 4:58pm On Jul 28, 2014
Nice work you guys are doing here. So here's my issue:

Got bored last two week and decided to play PES using laptop keyboard, this continued for about 3 days (Game time periods 2 to 3hrs). Then I switched just a few days ago to 'Return of the Kings' game, which involved me using the left click button of the mouse repeatedly (to fight enemies)
Duration not more than one hour and I stopped after.

Now yesterday, I was watching a movie and sliding my thumb semi-consciously on the mouse left click button(looks worn out) only for me to realise that some keys on my keyboard no longer function. If I type B I get V instead, Enter doesn't even work, Numeric keypad displays 8 or 2 no matter the number pressed. Sometimes I get a long - or t continuously without even pressing any keypad.

Now these are what I've done so far in terms of troubleshooting and the problem still remains:
1. System Restore
2. Tried to blow the keypads (with my mouth tongue ) to remove particles
3. Opened the keyboard part of my laptop, removed the ribbon cable from the slot, placed it back and screwed the keyboard back. Still nothing

I'm on virtual keyboard now and would not have bothered much but that long repeated - or t messes up my browsing and typing experience. Makes it difficult to type in passwords.

Here are the Laptop details:
Toshiba Satelite C660/C660D.
Mouse still works but I've switched to left-handed mouse option instead.

Any one with useful suggestions please help out. Thanks smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 28, 2014
Good day to all the engineers in the house.

The hard disk of a friends system just crashed. He has tried connecting the hard disk externally to other systems but not responding.

It now appears there's no other solution other than getting a new hard disk.

What he'll like to know is if there are ways he can recover his files from the disk.

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pxjosh(m): 10:23pm On Jul 28, 2014
i've been having problems with my laptop lately. on its own the mouse just developed a fault. its just as if the 'left clicker' is pressed down; such that mere moving the cursor drags anything on its path. i then decided to buy an external mouse; the day i started using the mouse some of the keyboard keys stopped workin, just like that. please i'd like someone to help me out on how to rectify this issue
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Idboyostic(m): 11:46pm On Jul 28, 2014
Some1 pls help, just got an hp laptop and the laptop refuse to boot up. It shows "The Hp Bios application selected is corrupt or missing. Please install the application and try again. Bios application error (501) ENTER continue and if I should click on enter It displays this on-screen message "Boot Device not Found, please install an operating system on your hard disk. Hard disk (3f0); F2 system diagnostic; for more information, please visit www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup"
if I should tab F2, it will display:System Diagnostics
F1-system information
F2-Start Up Test
F3-Run-in Test
F4-hard disk
F11-Error Log and ESC to continue
If I should tab F1, it will display system info; F2 and F3 will display testing system memory and when is 100% it displayed memory tested OK....hard disk does not exist and F4 display "hard disk doest not exist"
Just suprise because the person I bought it said it has 640gb Hard drive

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (1233) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.