Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,433 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263389 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mindtricks: 1:04am On Jul 20, 2014
Oxone:

Its just like hiring a Junkie you met in a back alley to change your locks.

Apart from the moral angle, it won't update properly creating a loophole and leaving your system vulnerable to harm and sometimes there are codes attached to this crack that creates a backdoor to your systems. I'd suggest you stay away from those. Update or not

No wahala, just for clarity sake. Grateful. smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mindtricks: 1:07am On Jul 20, 2014
bamtos14: pls when i insert a flash it turns evryrtin to shortcut and ave scanned several times it says no virus.......pls heelp

Obviously you have a malware/virus. Try scanning the storage devices, flash and your hd using an updated antivirus. Be sure to slave your hd and use another system to scan it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mindtricks: 1:16am On Jul 20, 2014
silvoice: Someone installed norton anti-virus in my laptop. Since then, when i put any external drive lik my phone memory card, it will scan automatically. But after scanning, it wil hide d files in d drive in an unnamed folder written 'unspecified' . Everything in d card wil not show in d phone unless i put it back into my laptop, copy out the content, format d card and paste content back. It's so frustrating i need help

Hope you have solved this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dablazor: 10:30am On Jul 20, 2014
good morning..
i recently installed a pc game on my laptop, and i noticed the game lags when the charger is not plugged in, i have bn thinking this a power management issue buh i have scrambled around the power managhement settings buh i got no fix, anyone knows how to fix this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by silvoice(m): 1:30pm On Jul 20, 2014
mindtricks:

Hope you have solved this?
yes, i scanned and re-scanned. It's fine now. Cheers!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DahtDopeBoi(m): 3:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
Some1 help me out! My hp compaq 615 doesn't browse with wifi even when it shows me that it's connected...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 3:26pm On Jul 20, 2014
femus: My computer is displaying afghanistan IP how did osama bin laden know me.
sad grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Banjousman(m): 3:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
[quote author=all4naija]
[i]This is a familiar issue. It has to do with one of the loose chips on your motherboard. The best way to solve the problem is to take it to a good tech professional who can identify the chip and solder it properly.

That is it.

Pls can u put more light to it cos the engineer I gave it to has done many things, he changed the processor, changed the bios changed the ram even changed the hard disk, but despite all its still hanging on the window logo page and wen I boot via safe mode it still get stuck at classpnp.sys and will just freeze for hours Pls can u kindly help me out Pls or do u know anyone that has faced the same problem before
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
Banjousman: Pls can u put more light to it cos the engineer I gave it to has done many things, he changed the processor, changed the bios changed the ram even changed the hard disk, but despite all its still hanging on the window logo page and wen I boot via safe mode it still get stuck at classpnp.sys and will just freeze for hours Pls can u kindly help me out Pls or do u know anyone that has faced the same problem before
You don't need to be very polite about asking for help. I am here to provide the assistance as much to the best of my ability. Yes, I have seen the same problem before. It stems from the system dropping with a terrible force and during that fall it affected many things within it. Sometimes, it has to include the hard disk(which you have changed without getting any good result), the power chip on the mothers(which is a good suspect, although you can power it on), the signal cables not properly in places,etc.

To forestall this problem tell your tech professional to do the following:

1) Open the system and bring out the motherboard.

2) De-solder must of the chips on the electronic printed circuit board. Like the power chip(often time the culprit), the VGA chipsets,etc with his 'Electronic Soldering Station'.

3) Test them for problems, replace the bad ones and re-solder them accordingly.

That would cost about 50-80 dollars to fix. It is as simple as that but a bit tedious to carry out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
DahtDopeBoi: Some1 help me out! My hp compaq 615 doesn't browse with wifi even when it shows me that it's connected...

Please follow the instructions and answer all questions

is this xp, vista or windows 7, 8
or mac os x. is the network icon
red or plain white. have you check your
antivirus firewall settings. when was t
he last time the internet
works ? can other laptop connect to the network ?

before you proceed, you'd need your network key.
this can be found at the back of the router modem device.
If you had set one up, please refer to it. the network will
ask you to enter your network key
in control panel visit network and
sharing center
and
click manage wireless networks. remove
all the network on
the list by right clicking on each of them. then restart the
router modem or the wireless device.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
dablazor: good morning..
i recently installed a pc game on my laptop, and i noticed the game lags when the charger is not plugged in, i have bn thinking this a power management issue buh i have scrambled around the power managhement settings buh i got no fix, anyone knows how to fix this?

did you edit the power management settings
via edit change plan settings. we need to know what you did.

is the battery in good order is this xp vista o windows 7, o8 ?

what make is the laptop ? for example toshiba P300-20H

when did you noticed this problem ? Any alteration to the laptop recently ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dablazor: 7:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
deji2009:

did you edit the power management settings
via edit change plan settings. we need to know what you did.

is the battery in good order is this xp vista o windows 7, o8 ?

what make is the laptop ? for example toshiba P300-20H

when did you noticed this problem ? Any alteration to the laptop recently ?

the battery is great, lasts 3hours when connected to the internet, and its a HP G62.. upgraded to win 8.1
the laptop itself never lags.. i but installed a game (pes2014).. and it plays so fine when the laptop is using AC to power, but once the charger is unplugged it just becomes incredibly slow and lags terribly... i was just thinking since the game runs fine on ac, maybe its a power management issue, so i tried changing power management settings to 'maximum perfomance' for battery mode, buh it is still thesame
NB: my laptop works fine with or without charging, just this game on battery mode is the problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DahtDopeBoi(m): 9:20pm On Jul 20, 2014
deji2009:

Please follow the instructions and answer all questions

is this xp, vista or windows 7, 8
or mac os x. is the network icon
red or plain white. have you check your
antivirus firewall settings. when was t
he last time the internet
works ? can other laptop connect to the network ?

before you proceed, you'd need your network key.
this can be found at the back of the router modem device.
If you had set one up, please refer to it. the network will
ask you to enter your network key
in control panel visit network and
sharing center
and
click manage wireless networks. remove
all the network on
the list by right clicking on each of them. then restart the
router modem or the wireless device.
it's Window 7, it's been long the laptop has been connected to the internet and the network icon is plain white whenever it shows me connected but I'm very sure that the wifi of the laptop has never been used to browse b4... The antivirus on it needs to be updated too... I'm sorry bro for not answering all ur questions because the laptop is for my sis not mine. It browses with modem very well b4 but I don't knw about now, I just tried tethering hotspot with her BB and it won't browse too... Pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akell(m): 9:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
Akell: SAVE ME BEFORE I DIE!!!

PC gurus, I have a Brian laptop recently i discovered it gives a continuous beep sound whenever it's turned on (i have to press some keys-any key- to make the beep stop). Even when it turns on, the mouse pad doesnt work. It freezes....without waking up. Someday, i tried booting in safe mode, i noticed everything worked perfectly....no beep, no mouse pad malfunction. I dunno what could be wrong with it.

Pls help! Thanks!!
somebody pls help...it's urgent!
Deji & co.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:23pm On Jul 20, 2014
Please help..

I tried transferring some videos from my phone unto another flash using Year Copy. I was actually 'cutting' the files..

But unfortunately, teracopy developed a bug.
And I had to cancel d process, but by cancelling d process my files were actually deleted..

Please, how can I recover these files?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 11:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
LogoDWhiz: Please help..

I tried transferring some videos from my phone unto another flash using Year Copy. I was actually 'cutting' the files..

But unfortunately, teracopy developed a bug.
And I had to cancel d process, but by cancelling d process my files were actually deleted..

Please, how can I recover these files?
Get recuva and use it to scan your flash. That's your best bet for now.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
onegig: Get recuva and use it to scan your flash. That's your best bet for now.

Thanks a lot..

The flash or the phone that was d source?

And how can. I get the recuva?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akell(m): 12:07am On Jul 21, 2014
PC gurus, I have a Brian laptop recently i discovered it gives a continuous beep sound whenever it's turned on (i have to press some keys-any key- to make the beep stop). Even when it turns on, the mouse pad doesnt work. It freezes....without waking up. Someday, i tried booting in safe mode, i noticed everything worked perfectly....no beep, no mouse pad malfunction. I dunno what could be wrong with it.

Pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LogoDWhiz(m): 2:01am On Jul 21, 2014
onegig: Get recuva and use it to scan your flash. That's your best bet for now.

Thanks.. Recuva really tried.. But I wasn't able to totally recover the videos. It isn't playing..

And also, not all d videos were recovered..

Do u know any other way ??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:21am On Jul 21, 2014
Akell: PC gurus, I have a Brian laptop recently i discovered it gives a continuous beep sound whenever it's turned on (i have to press some keys-any key- to make the beep stop). Even when it turns on, the mouse pad doesnt work. It freezes....without waking up. Someday, i tried booting in safe mode, i noticed everything worked perfectly....no beep, no mouse pad malfunction. I dunno what could be wrong with it.

Pls help

check there are no stuck keys. in other words, make sure the keyboard keys are not
pressed down. also check you have not installed any sound software that deter
people from stealing your laptop. there should be an error message indicating that
the laptop is struggling.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:26am On Jul 21, 2014
DahtDopeBoi: it's Window 7, it's been long the laptop has been connected to the internet and the network icon is plain white whenever it shows me connected but I'm very sure that the wifi of the laptop has never been used to browse b4... The antivirus on it needs to be updated too... I'm sorry bro for not answering all ur questions because the laptop is for my sis not mine. It browses with modem very well b4 but I don't knw about now, I just tried tethering hotspot with her BB and it won't browse too... Pls help

so her BB wont connect to the wireless router
i hope you are not using a connection whereby you
are sharing the internet from one device to the other
other. for example networking. are you still your internet
service provider or do you have credit on the internet
device. okay turned off the internet device and
follow previous instructions from my post. use the laptop to
follow the diagnostics or any other laptop. it would be difficult to
diagnose it with a BB. use a laptop instead. the questions I asked
you need answering please. it will be difficult without it.

Are you sure she is not using Norton or avast antivirus
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:39am On Jul 21, 2014
dablazor:

the battery is great, lasts 3hours when connected to the internet, and its a HP G62.. upgraded to win 8.1
the laptop itself never lags.. i but installed a game (pes2014).. and it plays so fine when the laptop is using AC to power, but once the charger is unplugged it just becomes incredibly slow and lags terribly... i was just thinking since the game runs fine on ac, maybe its a power management issue, so i tried changing power management settings to 'maximum perfomance' for battery mode, buh it is still thesame
NB: my laptop works fine with or without charging, just this game on battery mode is the problem.

okay go to google and download hp battery test
and test the battery for me. Although you did mentioned that
the battery last for 3 hours, however I would like you to run the test please.
you'd need the charger connected and a NEPA lights. Can I ask ?

When you charged the laptop battery, seems you have used a generator to
charge it ? In addition to that, Would like to compare.
Things that interest me are Video Card and Video Card Driver
version, CPU and RAM.you could also try by reducing the laptop
resolution and reduce any other settings to medium and see.
This is to help us rule out what is what . if you have the pes 2014 cd, you
could uninstall it and re install it again. I take it you have the latest
video driver for the laptop.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:42am On Jul 21, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

Thanks a lot..

The flash or the phone that was d source?

And how can. I get the recuva?

I'd would support onegig's advice. I have been using recuva for
years and it is very rare that it wouldn't retrieve all the data.
if any of your videos refused to play, use VLC video player

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dablazor: 9:41am On Jul 21, 2014
deji2009:

okay go to google and download hp battery test
and test the battery for me. Although you did mentioned that
the battery last for 3 hours, however I would like you to run the test please.
you'd need the charger connected and a NEPA lights. Can I ask ?

When you charged the laptop battery, seems you have used a generator to
charge it ? In addition to that, Would like to compare.
Things that interest me are Video Card and Video Card Driver
version, CPU and RAM.you could also try by reducing the laptop
resolution and reduce any other settings to medium and see.
This is to help us rule out what is what . if you have the pes 2014 cd, you
could uninstall it and re install it again. I take it you have the latest
video driver for the laptop.

thanks for ur response would get back to u.
however dyou still think this could be a video card error? since the game runs fine on ac?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rick9(m): 10:47am On Jul 21, 2014
[size=21pt] How can i Down grade my Windows 8 Laptop to Windows 7 Oh? [/size]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:05am On Jul 21, 2014
deji2009:

I'd would support onegig's advice. I have been using recuva for
years and it is very rare that it wouldn't retrieve all the data.
if any of your videos refused to play, use VLC video player

Thanks.. I've tried it, and recuva actually worked. although i didnt get to retrieve al d videos. moreso, d video still didnt play with vlc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tuagbo: 12:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

Thanks.. I've tried it, and recuva actually worked. although i didnt get to retrieve al d videos. moreso, d video still didnt play with vlc

what type of video is it ? you can right click on properties and tell
us the extension o fthe video. i.e. .mp4 or avi. let us know.
vlc should have play that or try windows media classic, have a go at it.

did you select video ? on the
recuva menu there are pictures, document, videos , others , make sure yo select
videos. also can i ask is the video from a usb stick or on the laptop you are using.

when recovery files try to transfer to another device , i.e. usb stick dont transfer back to the device that was it
was deleted from
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
dablazor:

thanks for ur response would get back to u.
however dyou still think this could be a video card error? since the game runs fine on ac?

hi ya, I was digging through my software archives
and came across this.

it will analyse your laptop and let you know if you can run
this pes 2014

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/Requirements/pro-evolution-soccer-2014/11757?p=r
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

Thanks.. Recuva really tried.. But I wasn't able to totally recover the videos. It isn't playing..

And also, not all d videos were recovered..

Do u know any other way ??
R-Studio is the best I have seen in years. SOURCE
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akell(m): 4:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
deji2009:

check there are no stuck keys. in other words, make sure the keyboard keys are not
pressed down. also check you have not installed any sound software that deter
people from stealing your laptop. there should be an error message indicating that
the laptop is struggling.
none of the above were dtected bro. But any solution for the mouse pad?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
Akell:
none of the above were dtected bro. But any solution for the mouse pad?

what is the make and model of the laptop

for example toshiba p300-20h windows vista

get a[b] usb mouse[/b] and get back to us and then we
would check some few things e.g. device manager

mouse synaptic settings. is the touchpad enabled

has it ever work before ? is it not moving at all.
have you done anything else to solve the problem
so we are not repeating the same thing again.

could be you are using a netbook

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.