Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,267 members, 7,846,252 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (442) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1281728 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 11, 2014
LordReed:

That is if he is installing Win7 but reinstalling windows 8 won't require secure boot to be disabled.
It does if it the BIOS is UEFI. Maybe you need to read up on that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 6:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
all4naija:

It does if it the BIOS is UEFI. Maybe you need to read up on that.

Windows 8 supports secure boot so it cannot have an issue with it and in some cases requires it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:51pm On Oct 11, 2014
LordReed:

Windows 8 supports secure boot so it cannot have an issue with it and in some cases requires it.

I have been trying to understand the UEFI. we are all use to bios, ain't we ?
Most Laptops I come across are bios and not UEFI. I only found about UEFI last year, so
still learning. Lol cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vijon(m): 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2014
plz help,my laptop screen has turn white. it displays nothing only a sound dat indicates dat it has finish booting.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by princesuko(m): 7:31pm On Oct 11, 2014
please my pc doesnt boot well it only displays starting windows and it kinda hangs there but i tried using the safe mode boot options
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 7:37pm On Oct 11, 2014
deji2009:

I have been trying to understand the UEFI. we are all use to bios, ain't we ?
Most Laptops I come across are bios and not UEFI. I only found about UEFI last year, so
still learning. Lol cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yeah even I am still learning more about it. Basically it is the same as bios but much more enhanced, in fact it can almost do what an OS would do. Some laptops can play media files from UEFI.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Abuklaw(m): 9:16pm On Oct 11, 2014
deji2009:

Given the above, I would suggest you restart the laptop
and keep pressing f10 for bios until you see bios utility or
uefi bios utility. let us know if you see uefi in the bios.

Also, what happened when you try installing windows 7 ?

Any errors message ?
yes, it brought UEFI configuration in bios settings.
I have tried other O.S too. Windows 7 brought error of "NO HARDDRIVE" while windows XP displayed blue screen of error message before the stage of it copying files. Even windows 8 couldn't install. The funniest thing is that this system still boot to window and yet complaint of harddrive when trying to format it.

The reason I am here is to ascertain if there is a special procedure I will need to follow before installing it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Abuklaw(m): 9:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
LordReed:

UEFI should not pose any barrier to your installing an OS. Are you using a windows 8 DVD?
yes, I am using a windows 8 dvd
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 9:31pm On Oct 11, 2014
Abuklaw:
yes, I am using a windows 8 dvd

Put in the DVD and restart the system. Press whatever key ( ex : F 11 ) it shows to boot to your motherboard 's boot menu, and select to boot from the listed UEFI DVD.

BTW why aren't you using the factory reset option, did you format the hard drive?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 11, 2014
adetwin:

try use another charger 1st, but its ur charger
I have done that same result
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Abuklaw(m): 10:23pm On Oct 11, 2014
LordReed:

Put in the DVD and restart the system. Press whatever key ( ex : F 11 ) it shows to boot to your motherboard 's boot menu, and select to boot from the listed UEFI DVD.

BTW why aren't you using the factory reset option, did you format the hard drive?
Yes! I formatted the harddrive. Thanks a lot for the response.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by amylam: 10:34pm On Oct 11, 2014
msi issues?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wahles(m): 7:12am On Oct 12, 2014
D linux problem# I finally changed d hardisk wit a friends nd t worked, d problem now is formatting my hard drive off the linux, witout inserting t into d system directly, is t possible and safe?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mcdokwe(m): 8:25am On Oct 12, 2014
Abuklaw:
can't anyone help on this issue.

MY PROBLEM AGAIN
I can't install any O.S on my hp 655 laptop. even though it was pre-installed with windows 8, Installing windows 8 back is still impossible. I heard there is something like "UEFI" settings I need to go through in the bios setting but still couldn't do that.
yes. Press esc before system boots and change the uefi settings to support legacy device.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifebazz(m): 3:45pm On Oct 12, 2014
LordReed:

Right click on your ext HDD in my computer, click on properties then on the tools tab then on check/scan disk.
Yeah, I think it worked, thanks dude.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifebazz(m): 3:47pm On Oct 12, 2014
I can't seem to get the correct link to download blackberry link for Windows for BB 10, even from the blackberry website. Is it a general issue?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by basisop(m): 12:45am On Oct 13, 2014
deji2009:

Could you please rephrase the second line, 365 abi 635, can't get it. do you mean office 365 ?

Ok, what model is the netbook ? you would find this information at the back of the laptop

Please check http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/924619

Yes, office 365. The Acer V5 Model is written in China but ends with ZHL.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by laidthrice(m): 3:35am On Oct 13, 2014
pls can anybody help me with activation key for office 365 as my trial version is not activating or help me on what to do, will be very grateful peeps
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fab04(m): 7:45am On Oct 13, 2014
Solution to blue screen problem pls... Anyone?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uprightman(m): 12:32pm On Oct 13, 2014
for sometime now my computer is slow.when try to download something it wil say error. secondly ,it wrote Windows 7 build 7600 this copy is not genuine on the screen.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 12:33pm On Oct 13, 2014
fab04:
what cause d blue screen?
Or which stage did it blue screen?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 12:35pm On Oct 13, 2014
uprightman:
for sometime now my computer is slow.when try to download something it wil say error. secondly ,it wrote Windows 7 build 7600 this copy is not genuine on the screen.

no1. Did u av working antivirus on ur system
And 2. Ur os window is not activated or discover by microsoft to d solution to dat is u will need to activate it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 12:53pm On Oct 13, 2014
fab04:

Get the code.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fab04(m): 1:04pm On Oct 13, 2014
LordReed:

Get the code.
What code?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 1:27pm On Oct 13, 2014
fab04:

What code?

Every blue screen error has a unique code generated and written on screen. Get it so you can get the solution.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fab04(m): 1:44pm On Oct 13, 2014
LordReed:

Every blue screen error has a unique code generated and written on screen. Get it so you can get the solution.

OK sir
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cooltare: 4:54pm On Oct 13, 2014
how to crack easycafe server timer...pls guy am in need of it so badly
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2014
cooltare:

lol really? you cant buy time for browsing ? looking to crack it? lol
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cooltare: 5:44pm On Oct 13, 2014
Mellorix:

lol really? you cant buy time for browsing ? looking to crack it? lol

i own a cafe
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cooltare: 5:44pm On Oct 13, 2014
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ogarj(m): 7:19pm On Oct 13, 2014
Ogarj:
My HP Pavilion DV6 Screen s not Displaying.(totally Blank)
F12(wifi) Led indicator is On.
Caps Led is Blinking.
Power Led is On too.
Touch Pad Led is On too.
Back HP Logo Led comes On too.
Dics Tray Ejects.
Batery Led indicates wen charging.
Wot Could be Wrong Plz?
If i am to chng Screen,how much will it cost me?
NB: Am in Abuja

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (1224) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.