Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,026 members, 7,953,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:17 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1331637 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (1233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3kay945(m): 9:44pm On Oct 07, 2014
deji2009:

download compaq battery test
and make sure the charger is connected
to the mains and run me a battery test.

let us know the results

what's the laptop full
model number and
memory size. for example
toshiba p300-20h windows 7

4GB of Ram Memory

Have you updated the laptop
from windows vista to windows 8 or
windows or vice versa. in other words,
have you formatted the laptop before and
how ?

Sorry for been late o.
The laptop has gone worse. Now, immediately it boot to show desktop icon, the screen will go blank and all buttons won't function except the power button solely for force closing the laptop.
Same thing will repeat if I try booting up again.
Laptop specs.
Compaq 615
It came with 1GB ram but upgraded to 4GB
It was window 7 starter. Upgraded to home premium.(almost 2months ago, though problem started 2weeks ago)
Have not formatted it before, haven't encountered any serious virus threat before.
I did diagnose on the laptop, all areas tested was passed. I.e memory test, start up etc.
I notice the laptop is extremely hot when the problem started.
Thanks bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gingger(m): 9:53pm On Oct 07, 2014
brightk:
it depends on you.. win7 or win8.. both re gud on the specs u ve got...... but just search the manufacturers site first for avaliable drivers.. but i bet they will be there.. gudluck

tanks will get back to u wen d system arrives
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Olaide1295: 10:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
adetwin:

which side in ifo, how can we locate u kindly give us a full description {Note: Nearest Bus Stop}
iyana coker or coker bus stop
u'll see olabisi onabanjo university signpost,i should come and meet u dere
btw-can i get a price so i dnt disappoint
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OMOADEX1: 6:11am On Oct 08, 2014
My laptop. Says operation system is missing after I tried to format it and it eventually off since then I can get it back into place. Kindly help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 7:51am On Oct 08, 2014
gingger:

tanks will get back to u wen d system arrives
ok no probs
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 10:01am On Oct 08, 2014
OMOADEX1:
My laptop. Says operation system is missing after I tried to format it and it eventually off since then I can get it back into place. Kindly help me

Simply reinstall the OS.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 10:15am On Oct 08, 2014
Olaide1295:

iyana coker or coker bus stop
u'll see olabisi onabanjo university signpost,i should come and meet u dere
btw-can i get a price so i dnt disappoint

kindly drop a msg to any of our hotlines so that we could call u, thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3kay945(m): 9:09pm On Oct 08, 2014
LordReed:

Simply reinstall the OS.

Pls, how do one reinstall the OS?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3kay945(m): 9:12pm On Oct 08, 2014
3kay945:

Sorry for been late o.
The laptop has gone worse. Now, immediately it boot to show desktop icon, the screen will go blank and all buttons won't function except the power button solely for force closing the laptop.
Same thing will repeat if I try booting up again.
Laptop specs.
Compaq 615
It came with 1GB ram but upgraded to 4GB
It was window 7 starter. Upgraded to home premium.(almost 2months ago, though problem started 2weeks ago)
Have not formatted it before, haven't encountered any serious virus threat before.
I did diagnose on the laptop, all areas tested was passed. I.e memory test, start up etc.
I notice the laptop is extremely hot when the problem started.
Thanks bro

Gurus in the house should not ignore this. Abeg the problem isn't solve yet.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunde300us(m): 11:59pm On Oct 08, 2014
I guys.i have an HP A4 laptop and suddenly some days back the display started showing ghost and jumping with lines all over,at fist I tut it was a software issue to I did a system restore, but all to no remedy, What do u guys think is wrong with the laptop ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 5:59am On Oct 09, 2014
3kay945:

Gurus in the house should not ignore this. Abeg the problem isn't solve yet.

it will b solve soon! ur location lets see how we can send an engineer to help fix it up...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 6:02am On Oct 09, 2014
tunde300us:
I guys.i have an HP A4 laptop and suddenly some days back the display started showing ghost and jumping with lines all over,at fist I tut it was a software issue to I did a system restore, but all to no remedy, What do u guys think is wrong with the laptop ?

1stly it could be d connecting cable that connects to d screen,

2ndly d screen needs replacement
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Xkoba: 11:15am On Oct 09, 2014
my hp mini laptop battery icon shows replace battery and now my battery hardly last 1 hr as against 4-5hrs...advice pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by holarid(m): 11:44am On Oct 09, 2014
tunde300us:
it has happened to me b4. look for a very good engineer . lcd screen wit such problem can b fixed without avin to replace it !.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Fiilosofer(m): 11:53am On Oct 09, 2014
A friend's HP pavilion laptop just had a white blank screen while he was using it. He said it was very hot when he touched the base. How can this be fixed. We are in Ilorin and most service centers don't have his screen size, 13.9 or so
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:08pm On Oct 09, 2014
adetwin:

is 2mrw ok for an engineer to come? send a msg describing d best way we could locate u to any of our Hot Lines

Although you were not able to make it to naija state, the laptop has now been fixed. This led me to believe that
Nigeria has gone too far than i first thought. It surprised me to know that the part were available within an hour!

Well done to you guys ! @Adetwin, if I know of anyone that need your
service within lagos, I will let you know. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 1:42pm On Oct 09, 2014
3kay945:

Pls, how do one reinstall the OS?

Get the OS of your choice on DVD/CD and put it in your DVD/CD of your system, restart the system and follow the instructions.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 1:53pm On Oct 09, 2014
Fiilosofer:
A friend's HP pavilion laptop just had a white blank screen while he was using it. He said it was very hot when he touched the base. How can this be fixed. We are in Ilorin and most service centers don't have his screen size, 13.9 or so

can u send it to our office in ibadan?could b fix within 3hrs & send back to you via transport... contact: check our signature, thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3kay945(m): 3:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
LordReed:

Get the OS of your choice on DVD/CD and put it in your DVD/CD of your system, restart the system and follow the instructions.

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wahles(m): 4:18pm On Oct 09, 2014
I just boght acer e1 510 runs on limpus linux jst powered t up nd its says type "less/gpl"and less/copyryt". Done dat buh e nah go anywhr

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Anthony3850(m): 5:19pm On Oct 09, 2014
Guys please i really need your help,,, when i wanted to download gta sa apk+data of 1.6gb on my Acer laptop but it just writes 'gta sa apk+data.rar.exe', i tried to get deus ex, still it ends with .exe after .rar,,, i checked numerous sites and they where d same,, and b4 i forget,, it made d gta of 1.6gb turn to 620kb and dues ex of 720mb to 550kb...., guys pls how do i resolve dis? Please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wahles(m): 6:14pm On Oct 09, 2014
Jst got my laptop# acer aspire e1-510 wit linus os.. D problm s after viewing d copyryt laws and all, I dnt knw wah to press to end or continue.. Pictures below

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 7:49pm On Oct 09, 2014
wahles:
Jst got my laptop# acer aspire e1-510 wit linus os.. D problm s after viewing d copyryt laws and all, I dnt knw wah to press to end or continue.. Pictures below

Did you try pressing Y or enter or end keys?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifebazz(m): 8:44pm On Oct 09, 2014
Of late, my external drive has been dragging (in terms of data transfer rate) and I can no longer eject it normally because it keeps saying I should close a programme that is using it (of which there's always non). What's the best way to tackle it please? Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wahles(m): 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2014
Still. D same! Nothin apuning#
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tolam4skywd(m): 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2014
I installed sm games on my laptop bt dey wnt play.. Ive change d resolutions bt still d same.. But i was told by an engineer to change d screen.. Pls what do u think?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Anthony3850(m): 10:08pm On Oct 09, 2014
Anthony3850:
Guys please i really need your help,,, when i wanted to download gta sa apk+data of 1.6gb on my Acer laptop but it just writes 'gta sa apk+data.rar.exe', i tried to get deus ex, still it ends with .exe after .rar,,, i checked numerous sites and they where d same,, and b4 i forget,, it made d gta of 1.6gb turn to 620kb and dues ex of 720mb to 550kb...., guys pls how do i resolve dis? Please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 11:21pm On Oct 09, 2014
tolam4skywd:
I installed sm games on my laptop bt dey wnt play.. Ive change d resolutions bt still d same.. But i was told by an engineer to change d screen.. Pls what do u think?

Its total lie! u don't need to change d screen, ur location pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 7:16am On Oct 10, 2014
adetwin:

Its total lie! u don't need to change d screen, ur location pls
You go fear that engineer. Chnage screen because of a game.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 8:19am On Oct 10, 2014
Ifebazz:
Of late, my external drive has been dragging (in terms of data transfer rate) and I can no longer eject it normally because it keeps saying I should close a programme that is using it (of which there's always non). What's the best way to tackle it please? Thanks.

Right click on your ext HDD in my computer, click on properties then on the tools tab then on check/scan disk.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 8:22am On Oct 10, 2014
tolam4skywd:

Funny techie. Most likely your laptop GPU is not up to scratch. What games did you install and what is the config of the laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 8:51am On Oct 10, 2014
LordReed:

Did you recently install any program?
bro I tried your suggestion but seems I didn't cee any difference.

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (1233) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.