Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (518) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1266583 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 21, 2015
papiforreal:
my system when charging stops charging when it reach some certain percent, like 20, 40 or even 90%. the battery icon shows plugged not but not chargin and the battery level will remain stagnant fm. what could be the possible problem please? Engineers in the house help me please.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 21, 2015
[quote author=papiforreal post=30944635][/quote]

deji2009 and Co. Your help is needed please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by danies1941(m): 4:24pm On Feb 21, 2015
papiforreal:

If the charge is up to 10%-then go to the website of the manufacturer like Dell.com or HP.com -type in the model number of the laptop like HP Pavilion dv4-then download the BIOS driver. To download and update BIOS-your battery must be at least 10% and must be on charger.

That is one possible solution.

Other issue could be that the battery has been "misused". Many laptop users misuse their batteries. Like charging it to 100% and leaving it unused for several weeks or constantly allowing it to go to zero and go off amongst other things. If battery is defective-you have to buy another one or if you know how-open up the battery and change the cells.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by danies1941(m): 4:26pm On Feb 21, 2015
deji2009:

*Who many do you think Would Be able to purchase the original OOSM from ManuFacturer

Anyone can afford OEM windows software, try and show empathy instead of sympathy. Let them decide if they'd
Like to buy the CD/ DVD. Student have the money to buy genuine windows because knowledge/internet is power,
Buying a new windows is like investment that would last for sometime. Parent knew that computer is essential to
Their success so they'd give them money for it. Let's look at the positive instead negative, just do your part give the
Advice such as the slmgr-rearm to extend the duration before activation or refer them to their local computer shop.

Bros genuine OS is as cheap as $5 if you are buying re-install disk which has same features as the one from Microsoft. These re-install disks usually come with brand new Dell laptops. I got several like that.

***Letting people know about The Sequences it might engage them into and given a go ahead , is that still a problem. Yes

Let them decide, tolzeal, just say want you have to say and leave it there a. Try and show empathy rather sympathy

Let whosoever to buy it, playing your part would help us as a nation.

Bros genuine OS is as cheap as $5 if you are buying re-install disk which has same features as the one from Microsoft. These re-install disks usually come with brand new Dell laptops. I got several like that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by danies1941(m): 4:29pm On Feb 21, 2015
samkelos:
it opens i dont know the prob help pls

Edited
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by danies1941(m): 4:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
dober:
Someone please help!
When watching videos on my pc, its suddenly starts lagging, especially when I plug-in or unplug the charging cable.
This happens on all media players.
Compaq preserio

What is the full model number of your laptop?

Bad charger maybe? I have one HP charger-works ok on my G60 -when I put it into my Compaq nx-the mouse starts misbehaving!

Or system slowing down. A re-installation of windows and or upgrade of memory will always speed up your laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:15pm On Feb 21, 2015
papiforreal:

danies1941:

If the charge is up to 10%-then go to the website of the manufacturer like Dell.com or HP.com -type in the model number of the laptop like HP Pavilion dv4-then download the BIOS driver. To download and update BIOS-your battery must be at least 10% and must be on charger.
That is one possible solution.
Other issue could be that the battery has been "misused". Many laptop users misuse their batteries. Like charging it to 100% and leaving it unused for several weeks or constantly allowing it to go to zero and go off amongst other things. If battery is defective-you have to buy another one or if you know how-open up the battery and change the cells.

You could let the battery run down so it prompt you to connect the charger
then charge to 100. From now on
Let the laptop ask you to connect the charger or when you get battery low message
before you connect the charger. Please refer to http://batterycare.net/en/guide.html

If no joy, go to bios by pressing f2 on startup then you'd see bios scrool down to power management
and check the status of the battery. this is possible on a dell laptop. if it is hp googl hp battery test and test the battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 8:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
Tolzeal:

Yes it Might be, Just starting the solution from the base....
ok boss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dober(m): 11:11pm On Feb 21, 2015
danies1941:

What is the full model number of your laptop?

Bad charger maybe? I have one HP charger-works ok on my G60 -when I put it into my Compaq nx-the mouse starts misbehaving!

Or system slowing down. A re-installation of windows and or upgrade of memory will always speed up your laptop.
compaq presario CQ61. This issue started recently. i didnt change my charger.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ayusco85(m): 12:45am On Feb 22, 2015
@zyzxx
Please guys help me o. My system is slow, and if I click any icon, b4 it opens it takes time. Even while bootin also, it takes 5 to 7minz to boot and come up. Sometimes wen am browsin, d browser wil show "not responding". Pls how do I speed up my system? Its a hp dual core "E2 vision AMD", wit windows 7. Ram is 2gig. Hard drive 320G.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by donefesco(m): 9:43am On Feb 22, 2015
i have a pc lenovo G40,it came with a freeDOS,now am having problem instalin windows 8.1 on it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CuteMaro(m): 12:18pm On Feb 22, 2015
@Tolzeal and the rest gurus in the house, i greet u all, coz most solutions u av bn offering to pipo av bn helpn me indirectly.

But ryt now i av a problem of which i think u guys can be able to help me out with. My 3.5G HSPDA internet modem loses network few minutes after connecting, then might cum bck on after some time. The thing is, before connection, network is usually very stable.

I just hope this can be fixed, coz its not been quite long i bought this stuff.
KINDLY HELP ME OUT PLEASE.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 4:58pm On Feb 22, 2015
ayusco85:
@zyzxx
Please guys help me o. My system is slow, and if I click any icon, b4 it opens it takes time. Even while bootin also, it takes 5 to 7minz to boot and come up. Sometimes wen am browsin, d browser wil show "not responding". Pls how do I speed up my system? Its a hp dual core "E2 vision AMD", wit windows 7. Ram is 2gig. Hard drive 320G.
pls try system restore
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 4:58pm On Feb 22, 2015
donefesco:
i have a pc lenovo G40,it came with a freeDOS,now am having problem instalin windows 8.1 on it
u need some setting bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ayusco85(m): 5:09pm On Feb 22, 2015
zyzxx:
pls try system restore

I did, but it doesn't show me enough date options. The system was very fast. Around early last year, but when I want to restore it only shows me date not more dan one month ago. How can I restore it to say 2013 when d system was just some months old?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 5:15pm On Feb 22, 2015
ayusco85:

I did, but it doesn't show me enough date options. The system was very fast. Around early last year, but when I want to restore it only shows me date not more dan one month ago. How can I restore it to say 2013 when d system was just some months old?
can u c d option show me more date?

Look down a little
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 5:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
CuteMaro:
@Tolzeal and the rest gurus in the house, i greet u all, coz most solutions u av bn offering to pipo av bn helpn me indirectly.

But ryt now i av a problem of which i think u guys can be able to help me out with. My 3.5G HSPDA internet modem loses network few minutes after connecting, then might cum bck on after some time. The thing is, before connection, network is usually very stable.

I just hope this can be fixed, coz its not been quite long i bought this stuff.
KINDLY HELP ME OUT PLEASE.

Whats 3.5G modem are you talking about bro.
Naija ISPs ownED Or The Universal modem..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 5:26pm On Feb 22, 2015
ayusco85:

2013 Is a way Too back bro.
Lets Try clean the Pc up.

Thr Major problems you could be facing :

1. So many startup applications
2. suffering From Low HDD bandwidth.
3. Installation of applications that A way Enormous for ur Pc to run.
4. Overclogged registry.

Try download Ccleaner.

LINK: http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

It's a nice tool that will help enhance ur Pc speed. install app and clean As the menu instructed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by odinko: 5:32pm On Feb 22, 2015
Am dead and almost gone. My laptop that I use in flashing phone has killed me. It all started with a prompt that says "you are a counterfeit copy of window" I normally ignor, since my is working fine. I was just yesterday that I tried to my laptop, it took like 30 minutes for it to boot. As of now, it is no longer showing anything. After inputing my password, it ends woith a dark screen and the pointer. A better solution, will be greatly accepted.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ayusco85(m): 5:45pm On Feb 22, 2015
Tolzeal:

2013 Is a way Too back bro.
Lets Try clean the Pc up.

Thr Major problems you could be facing :

1. So many startup applications
2. suffering From Low HDD bandwidth.
3. Installation of applications that A way Enormous for ur Pc to run.
4. Overclogged registry.

Try download Ccleaner.

LINK: http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

It's a nice tool that will help enhance ur Pc speed. install app and clean As the menu instructed.

Tnx boss. I always trust u guys. Will download it asap
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ayusco85(m): 5:49pm On Feb 22, 2015
zyzxx:
can u c d option show me more date?

Look down a little

Will do that when I try d restore later. Tnks a million
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 5:53pm On Feb 22, 2015
ayusco85:

Will do that when I try d restore later. Tnks a million
uwc sir
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 5:55pm On Feb 22, 2015
odinko:
Am dead and almost gone. My laptop that I use in flashing phone has killed me. It all started with a prompt that says "you are a counterfeit copy of window" I normally ignor, since my is working fine. I was just yesterday that I tried to my laptop, it took like 30 minutes for it to boot. As of now, it is no longer showing anything. After inputing my password, it ends woith a dark screen and the pointer. A better solution, will be greatly accepted.
u are still alive typing dis now

Do u av back up of ur works?

Coz u phone Engrn use to nurture virus
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CuteMaro(m): 6:08pm On Feb 22, 2015
Tolzeal:

Whats 3.5G modem are you talking about bro.
Naija ISPs ownED Or The Universal modem..

Universal modem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vincent000(m): 9:35pm On Feb 22, 2015
zyzxx:
you av to format ur system or get good antivirus coz it virus issue.
OK, thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by CuteDude53(m): 10:00pm On Feb 22, 2015
Please i need a new Hp envy 15t smart touch notebook...how much will it cost me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ewosk: 11:38pm On Feb 22, 2015
My laptop is failing to start, wen i turn on power, d processor fan runs fyn but then d an indicator flashes thrice bt no display...bt it sometyms comes on and works fyn....
WHAT MIGHT B D PROBLEM?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by donefesco(m): 12:04am On Feb 23, 2015
zyzxx:
u need some setting bro
like wat and wat?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Crespodinho(m): 12:06am On Feb 23, 2015
Please my laptop's bluetooth isn't working... Pls I need urgent help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:51am On Feb 23, 2015
ewosk:
My laptop is failing to start, wen i turn on power, d processor fan runs fyn but then d an indicator flashes thrice bt no display...bt it sometyms comes on and works fyn....
WHAT MIGHT B D PROBLEM?
That is possibly a problem with RAM. Try to get then out and clean the gold connector and insert them back to their proper slots. If you are still having the problem after that it is time to take it to the tech.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 2:19am On Feb 23, 2015
Crespodinho:
Please my laptop's bluetooth isn't working... Pls I need urgent help

Have downloaded appropriate drivers?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Crespodinho(m): 8:12am On Feb 23, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Have downloaded appropriate drivers?

Ehm, I don't know d drivers to download...

(1) (2) (3) ... (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.