Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,829 members, 7,824,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1272801 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by monkvirus(m): 5:36pm On Mar 28, 2015
bigt2:
find a nylon bag capable of retaining the heat created by the laptop. Now make sure the power inlet is enclosed too. This done, power ur lappy and leave it to shut down by itself. The problem may be solved by so doing cos ur graphics card will overheat and hopefully get reflowed. Let's know how it goes...
ur trick worked well, thanks bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2015
monkvirus:
ur trick worked well, thanks bro.
wow.! I feel like the boss. Thanks man. Glad to hear that. cool
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ekmaxop: 6:13pm On Mar 28, 2015
Buy 30,000mAh powerbanks at wholesale price of 3,500 naira And resell at atleast 5,000 naira and above. You don't need a white collar job any more.
12000mah powerbanks at wholesale price of 3, 200 naira each
7200mah powerbanks at wholesale price of 2,300 naira each
5600mah powerbanks at wholesale price of 1,900 naira each.
2200mah powerbanks at wholesale price of 1,200 naira
Come over to Model Shop A29, Opposite Abia plaza, Trade fair complex, OJO Lagos.
ekmaxop@gmail.com
You can also Call 08033863100 or 08077377940 or whatsapp to order yours now. CASH AND CARRY.
We do Home deliveries within Lagos and waybill to other parts of the country through transport companies
These are the links to my powerbanks if you're scared of paying into my acct before it been sent to you
And you prefer the pay on delivery option;

http://www.jumia.com. ng/power-bank-30000mah-external-battery-pack-black-200480.html

http://www.konga. com/don-iyke-tech
Pls correct the links by deleting the space after or before (com.) den click

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 6:53pm On Mar 28, 2015
mazizitonene:
thanx boss.....i appreciate........was able to get it...but the game wont launch....if i click it, it shows a small-warning screen then i click ignore as we do in my friends laptop. it then shows the game window like it wants to start then automatically closes within 3seconds...dunno whats wrong now

Where did u move ur .dll File into ?
have u tried step three.??

Step 1 : Download the fresh copy of steam_api.dll from download links in the end of this article .
Step 2 : You must know your windows 7 version (64Bit or 32 Bit ) then open C drive then open Windows then open this folder "SysWOW64 " and put
steam_api.dll If you are using Windows7 64bit. If you are using Windows7 32 bit , paste it on System32 .
Step 3 : You must be sure that you put the missing dll file on this path "C:\Windows\SysWOW64 " in case of 64bit and "C:\Windows\System32 " in case of 32 bit .
Step 4 : A dll general base : Make a backup copy of the original files before replacement .
Step 5 : It will require to Overwrite any existing files .
Step 6 : Reboot your Computer and try to open your game again .

Feed me back on this.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mazizitonene(m): 7:57pm On Mar 28, 2015
Tolzeal:

Where did u move ur .dll File into ?
have u tried step three.??

Step 1 : Download the fresh copy of steam_api.dll from download links in the end of this article .
Step 2 : You must know your windows 7 version (64Bit or 32 Bit ) then open C drive then open Windows then open this folder "SysWOW64 " and put
steam_api.dll If you are using Windows7 64bit. If you are using Windows7 32 bit , paste it on System32 .
Step 3 : You must be sure that you put the missing dll file on this path "C:\Windows\SysWOW64 " in case of 64bit and "C:\Windows\System32 " in case of 32 bit .
Step 4 : A dll general base : Make a backup copy of the original files before replacement .
Step 5 : It will require to Overwrite any existing files .
Step 6 : Reboot your Computer and try to open your game again .

Feed me back on this.
got an alternative.....thanx boss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mazizitonene(m): 8:13pm On Mar 28, 2015
Fixed....thanx all
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GoodBoi1(m): 9:58pm On Mar 28, 2015
Pls I need help. I recently bought a battery for a dell vostro 1500. After using for a while it begins to run only on AC power, battery indicator flashes red(four times) then blue(once). The bios indicates the battery is normal and also windows 7 displays "plugged in, charging" when the adaptor is plugged. If unplugged the laptop switches off immediately. Pls has any one encountered and solved this problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 10:24pm On Mar 28, 2015
GoodBoi1:
Pls I need help. I recently bought a battery for a dell vostro 1500. After using for a while it begins to run only on AC power, battery indicator flashes red(four times) then blue(once). The bios indicates the battery is normal and also windows 7 displays "plugged in, charging" when the adaptor is plugged. If unplugged the laptop switches off immediately. Pls has any one encountered and solved this problem?
window 7 did not cancel it??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Cuneddy(m): 11:03pm On Mar 28, 2015
bigt2:
it should be that your mouse is malfunctioning then. You might consider replacing it.
Chai! Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GoodBoi1(m): 11:51pm On Mar 28, 2015
zyzxx:
window 7 did not cancel it??
You mean the battery icon? No
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Craigston: 4:27am On Mar 29, 2015
Hello. I have some problems with my laptop (hp pavilion dv6). I bought it from someone and it had windows 8 pro with media centre installed. It was doing fine, but it wasn't activated. So I reinstalled windows 8 pro (my mistake. I'd have just cracked the OS and everything would be fine. First timer sha). All the applications were removed and I have none of them. No MS Word, Excel or Power-point. Also, when I try to install BlackBerry Desktop Software, it requires .NET Framework 3.5. I tried some command line tools from around the web to install it but all failed. It requires internet connection which I don't have. How do I solve this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 5:48am On Mar 29, 2015
ekmaxop:
Buy 30,000mAh powerbanks at wholesale price of 3,500 naira And resell at atleast 5,000 naira and above. You don't need a white collar job any more.
12000mah powerbanks at wholesale price of 3, 200 naira each
7200mah powerbanks at wholesale price of 2,300 naira each
5600mah powerbanks at wholesale price of 1,900 naira each.
2200mah powerbanks at wholesale price of 1,200 naira
Come over to Model Shop A29, Opposite Abia plaza, Trade fair complex, OJO Lagos.
ekmaxop@gmail.com
You can also Call 08033863100 or 08077377940 or whatsapp to order yours now. CASH AND CARRY.
We do Home deliveries within Lagos and waybill to other parts of the country through transport companies
These are the links to my powerbanks if you're scared of paying into my acct before it been sent to you
And you prefer the pay on delivery option;

http://www.jumia.com. ng/power-bank-30000mah-external-battery-pack-black-200480.html

http://www.konga. com/don-iyke-tech
Pls correct the links by deleting the space after or before (com.) den click
how fast does the power banks charge cos I won't like a power bank that takes forever to charge
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 6:29am On Mar 29, 2015
Craigston:
Hello. I have some problems with my laptop (hp pavilion dv6). I bought it from someone and it had windows 8 pro with media centre installed. It was doing fine, but it wasn't activated. So I reinstalled windows 8 pro (my mistake. I'd have just cracked the OS and everything would be fine. First timer sha). All the applications were removed and I have none of them. No MS Word, Excel or Power-point. Also, when I try to install BlackBerry Desktop Software, it requires .NET Framework 3.5. I tried some command line tools from around the web to install it but all failed. It requires internet connection which I don't have. How do I solve this?
you can get a driver solution disk from the computer shop. There are many discs there too
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kingsley989(m): 7:01am On Mar 29, 2015
[quote author=kingsley989 post=31946124]
Thanks a lot for the link. I will keep you posted.[/q
You are the man bro. I have deownloaded boths drivers and they are working fine. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Craigston: 7:15am On Mar 29, 2015
bigt2:
you can get a driver solution disk from the computer shop. There are many discs there too
I bought a driver solution pack and used it after re-installing the OS, but it didn't fix everything. It installed some unwanted programs: the opera was russian, yandex, firefox and some other programs all in russian. And it is outdated. Most of the programs and drivers in it need updates.
Thanks for contributing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 7:42am On Mar 29, 2015
Craigston:
I bought a driver solution pack and used it after re-installing the OS, but it didn't fix everything. It installed some unwanted programs: the opera was russian, yandex, firefox and some other programs all in russian. And it is outdated. Most of the programs and drivers in it need updates.
Thanks for contributing.
you can opt to solving the issues through windows updates
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seangy4konji: 8:19am On Mar 29, 2015
Gateway Model NV57H50U...
adetwin:

What's the make of ur laptop? Eg: HP, samsung
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seangy4konji: 8:24am On Mar 29, 2015
Doing it now..God bless you mate...Hope it works...I have spoilt my dvd drive out of annoyance as it will play some music/dvds and sometimes will just take forever to load and play...How much can i a dvd writeable before those boys at the market use a slegde hammer on me...idea before i go fix it...

PS..Boss the thing downloaded but asking me which web service i would love to use to open it.winndows cannot open this file.

Winzip i think..Might have to download this also...
bigt2:
www.datafilehost.com/d/8088c5c3 remember to untick the use our download manager option.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 8:37am On Mar 29, 2015
seangy4konji:
Doing it now..God bless you mate...Hope it works...I have spoilt my dvd drive out of annoyance as it will play some music/dvds and sometimes will just take forever to load and play...How much can i a dvd writeable before those boys at the market use a slegde hammer on me...idea before i go fix it...

PS..Boss the thing downloaded but asking me which web service i would love to use to open it.winndows cannot open this file.

Winzip i think..Might have to download this also...
you can use winrar and the DVD drive shouldn't cost more than 6k depending on your location. Why don't you opt for external DVD drive?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seangy4konji: 8:42am On Mar 29, 2015
Boss...i have unsuccessfully tried to get download winrar oooo...Its is saying winzip may harm your browsing so chrome has blocked it...how do i stop chrome from blocking it??issues...that dont cost..will get it tommorow then...

Google Chrome has security measures in place to help protect you as you browse the web. Follow these steps to adjust these settings:

Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
Select Settings.
Click Show advanced settings.
Here are the various settings you can adjust:
Don't change these settings unless you're sure of what you're doing.

Phishing and malware protection
This option is enabled by default in the "Privacy" section. When enabled, Google Chrome warns you if it detects that the site you're trying to visit is suspected of phishing or containing malware. Learn more about phishing and malware detection
SSL certificates and settings
Go to the "HTTPS/SSL" section to manage your SSL certificates and settings.
Web content settings
Click Content settings in the "Privacy" section to adjust your permissions for cookies, images, JavaScript, plug-ins, pop-ups, and location sharing.Learn more about managing your web content settings
Learn how Google Chrome uses technologies like sandboxing and auto-updates to keep you safe on the Web. For more pointers on keeping your family safe on the web, read Google's Tips for Online Safety.

SHOULD I GO AHEAD
bigt2:
you can use winrar and the DVD drive shouldn't cost more than 6k depending on your location. Why don't you opt for external DVD drive?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seangy4konji: 8:56am On Mar 29, 2015
Bro...

I have successfully downloaded rar and the setup +crack is asking for a password...
bigt2:
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AlphaT(m): 11:13am On Mar 29, 2015
mazizitonene:
it reads: "the program cant start because steam_api.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"
about 8.12gb
yes boss.. it says it cant start because steam_api.dll is missing from my computer
thats it bro steam_api.dll
its your antivirus program. ts detecting the steam_api.dll file as a virus. switch off your antivirus and copy the whole game again. it should work that way.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AlphaT(m): 11:13am On Mar 29, 2015
mazizitonene:
it reads: "the program cant start because steam_api.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"
about 8.12gb
yes boss.. it says it cant start because steam_api.dll is missing from my computer
thats it bro steam_api.dll
its your antivirus program. ts detecting the steam_api.dll file as a virus and its deleting it. switch off your antivirus and copy the whole game again. it should work that way.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 11:27am On Mar 29, 2015
Craigston:

You got this for how much bro.
considering getting one tok.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kingsley989(m): 12:50pm On Mar 29, 2015
Happy sunday morning to u all. Please I need urgent help. I used my phone to she a solfware with a friend and since I used the guys laptop there is this issue I began to have. All my files. Music, pics, photos on my phone memory and SD card have been missing, I can view them from my file manager but can't view from my phone galary , it have also affected my laptop. I used my brothers phone to tranfer something to my phone and it turned to short cuts. I've scanned with antivirus still it can't find anything. What should do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Craigston: 2:24pm On Mar 29, 2015
bigt2:
you can opt to solving the issues through windows updates
That seems to be the only solution. Somehow, I regret re-installing the OS. But, does the update require much data? I don't have an internet connection. I'm using blackberry bundles to browse on mobile and it can't work on pc without the blackberry desktop software. And I need the .NET framework 3.5 to install the bb desktop. So I'm stuck. I tried using the bb bundle through nokia pc suite but it keeps redirecting to glo hsi self-care portal.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Craigston: 2:25pm On Mar 29, 2015
Tolzeal:

You got this for how much bro.
considering getting one tok.
40k. I was somehow close to him so I was able to pay in installments.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Craigston: 2:33pm On Mar 29, 2015
kingsley989:
Happy sunday morning to u all. Please I need urgent help. I used my phone to she a solfware with a friend and since I used the guys laptop there is this issue I began to have. All my files. Music, pics, photos on my phone memory and SD card have been missing, I can view them from my file manager but can't view from my phone galary , it have also affected my laptop. I used my brothers phone to tranfer something to my phone and it turned to short cuts. I've scanned with antivirus still it can't find anything. What should do?
What brand/model of phone are you using? Blackberry and Android have options to safely remove media card. If you remove the SD card without using this feature, it can cause such problems. Blackberry has an option to repair the card. I don't know about the others.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 2:52pm On Mar 29, 2015
Craigston:
40k. I was somehow close to him so I was able to pay in installments.

oh nice.!!
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 2:53pm On Mar 29, 2015
Craigston:
That seems to be the only solution. Somehow, I regret re-installing the OS. But, does the update require much data? I don't have an internet connection. I'm using blackberry bundles to browse on mobile and it can't work on pc without the blackberry desktop software. And I need the .NET framework 3.5 to install the bb desktop. So I'm stuck. I tried using the bb bundle through nokia pc suite but it keeps redirecting to glo hsi self-care portal.

if it's Bb10 ... make use of the Hotspot.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 3:14pm On Mar 29, 2015
Craigston:
you can take your computer to a cyber cafe or better still, fine the .net framework, and download with your bb.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 3:53pm On Mar 29, 2015
seangy4konji:
Gateway Model NV57H50U...

Ok , your location? Check our signature for contact details

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.