Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,461 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263397 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Pelupelu: 8:59pm On Mar 25, 2015
Good evening Engr in the house.. Pls my Samsung LaPtop refuse to sign me in after using the same password I've been using for. Sometimes now. What should I do pls... ThAnKs
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seangy4konji: 10:11pm On Mar 25, 2015
Engineers in the house...I have a gateway laptop model number NV57H50u but last week,i was angry someone powered it while i was away and was watching movies on it so i put a password in annoyance and forgot the password...The issue now is that a friend of mine has formatted the system and i am able to use it again but the button which i use to lower the screen brightness does not work again(CTRL Low brightness and high brightness) short cut does not work and after going to control panel and power options?the slider to reduce screen brightness is no more there...The guy who helped me to format it used a acer disk to install the windows and on the desktop background is acer and my laptop is gateway..

PLEASE HOW CAN I CORRECT THIS AS I HAVE GONE TO GATEWAY SITE AND THE DRIVERS FOR THIS LAPTOP IS NO MORE THERE AND THE BATTERY LIFE NOW JUST MANAGES TO LAST 2 HOURS INSTEAD OF 4-4HOURS 40 MINUTES.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 10:22pm On Mar 25, 2015
seangy4konji:
Engineers in the house...I have a gateway laptop model number NV57H50u but last week,i was angry someone powered it while i was away and was watching movies on it so i put a password in annoyance and forgot the password...The issue now is that a friend of mine has formatted the system and i am able to use it again but the button which i use to lower the screen brightness does not work again(CTRL Low brightness and high brightness) short cut does not work and after going to control panel and power options?the slider to reduce screen brightness is no more there...The guy who helped me to format it used a acer disk to install the windows and on the desktop background is acer and my laptop is gateway..

PLEASE HOW CAN I CORRECT THIS AS I HAVE GONE TO GATEWAY SITE AND THE DRIVERS FOR THIS LAPTOP IS NO MORE THERE AND THE BATTERY LIFE NOW JUST MANAGES TO LAST 2 HOURS INSTEAD OF 4-4HOURS 40 MINUTES.
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://atidriverscenter.com/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D82%26t%3D81254&sa=U&ei=tSYTVcrJItCKaMrJgqgJ&ved=0CB0QFjAI&usg=AFQjCNGY8hJ3K0Z3CGVSEC1uqhk1TZeEDw
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 10:24pm On Mar 25, 2015
Pelupelu:
Good evening Engr in the house.. Pls my Samsung LaPtop refuse to sign me in after using the same password I've been using for. Sometimes now. What should I do pls... ThAnKs
try to find a usb keyboard. Plug it in, and enter your password. This must be a keyboard problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seangy4konji: 10:57pm On Mar 25, 2015
Bro..thank...i just downloaded the tweakbit and it says the system needs to update 25 files but it is asking me for a key,CAN YOU HELP?
bigt2:
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://atidriverscenter.com/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D82%26t%3D81254&sa=U&ei=tSYTVcrJItCKaMrJgqgJ&ved=0CB0QFjAI&usg=AFQjCNGY8hJ3K0Z3CGVSEC1uqhk1TZeEDw
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 25, 2015
Tolzeal:

Okies... Now let try this simple thingy . Im suspecting the Graphics Driver.

Try disabling, Play a Video (Quit) and enable it back.

if that doesn't work.. Check for upgrade on your Brand portal.

that would fix it

Still doesn't work. This my system needs deliverance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:23am On Mar 26, 2015
seangy4konji:
Bro..thank...i just downloaded the tweakbit and it says the system needs to update 25 files but it is asking me for a key,CAN YOU HELP?
www.datafilehost.com/d/8088c5c3 remember to untick the use our download manager option.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by equal: 4:35am On Mar 26, 2015
I accidentally poured water on my lenovo
N500 and the thing just wouldn’t start
up. I repaired it and it worked but it just
wouldn’t load a recognised hard disk . I
tried formatting the hard disk on another
PC But it just wouldn’t format. pls what
do I do?pls mail me the reply.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 7:20am On Mar 26, 2015
equal:
I accidentally poured water on my lenovo
N500 and the thing just wouldn’t start
up. I repaired it and it worked but it just
wouldn’t load a recognised hard disk . I
tried formatting the hard disk on another
PC But it just wouldn’t format. pls what
do I do?pls mail me the reply.
the hard disk is damaged considering the fact that you tried it on another pc. You can try another hard drive on your laptop to double check the aforementioned to surely ascertain that your motherboard is intact.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gideon9231(m): 9:30am On Mar 26, 2015
pls i am having problem playing games on my hp laptop....installed we9 pes 2013 but it just wont play..wat can i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Cuneddy(m): 10:57am On Mar 26, 2015
My toshiba laptop keyboard and mouse only work when they wish though wen working they all work fyn bt somtimes the mouse will be work while the keyboard wudnt.bt if I put external keyboard it work very fyn.I have formatted the system hopin it was virus bt all to no avail sometimes they wil work well somtimes all wil hang.wat do I do? Am tinking of driving it,bt with which driver?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by peababa(m): 11:31am On Mar 26, 2015
Hello House, My Acer Aspire V5 only charge for 30secs even after buying a new charger. what could be wrong and what should I do? Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 1:25pm On Mar 26, 2015
Cuneddy:
My toshiba laptop keyboard and mouse only work when they wish though wen working they all work fyn bt somtimes the mouse will be work while the keyboard wudnt.bt if I put external keyboard it work very fyn.I have formatted the system hopin it was virus bt all to no avail sometimes they wil work well somtimes all wil hang.wat do I do? Am tinking of driving it,bt with which driver?
have you tried the effectiveness when in bios? Try to get it into safe mode to know whether it works.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 1:29pm On Mar 26, 2015
peababa:
Hello House, My Acer Aspire V5 only charge for 30secs even after buying a new charger. what could be wrong and what should I do? Thanks
have you tried the new adapter on a similar laptop? Besides, is the new adapter's power rating the same with the old one's? Your battery might be in question too.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by peababa(m): 3:08pm On Mar 26, 2015
Yes the adapter has same rating and working with another laptop of same model. It charge for 30sec if the laptop is powered on and would show the charging light if it was shut down but wouldn't charge the battery at all no matter how long it was there for.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kingsley989(m): 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2015
Hello all. I do get update to 8.1 for free fication on my laptop. If I do the update will it fix missing drivers on my laptop? Secondly how do I hide DATA APP on my laptop? My bro somehow pressed something and the folder just appeared.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 4:57pm On Mar 26, 2015
kingsley989:
Hello all. I do get update to 8.1 for free fication on my laptop. If I do the update will it fix missing drivers on my laptop? Secondly how do I hide DATA APP on my laptop? My bro somehow pressed something and the folder just appeared.
windows releases driver updates for sure. However, if you feel your drivers aren't up to date, you can always check the manufacturer's website. For the data app, i can't understand the message.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 5:00pm On Mar 26, 2015
peababa:
Yes the adapter has same rating and working with another laptop of same model. It charge for 30sec if the laptop is powered on and would show the charging light if it was shut down but wouldn't charge the battery at all no matter how long it was there for.
try to use the other laptop's adapter to charge. I suspect the battery, adapter, and your motherboard's charging circuit (some capacitors might be burnt) in that particular order.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kingsley989(m): 5:09pm On Mar 26, 2015
[quote author=bigt2 post=32030071] windows releases driver updates for sure. However, if you feel your drivers aren't up to date, you can always check the manufacturer's website. For the data app, i can't understand the message.
Thanks a lot. For the APP DATA, some1 used my phone on his laptop and it changed everything in my phone and memory card into folders and I can't open my pic from galaxy. When my bro tried helping me retreive my data, I think he went to Control Panel>File options... I don others, but since then I have this faint file with d name. APP DATA on my Drive C whre you have Desktop, Favorites, My documents.... How to I hide this file?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samkizzy(m): 5:22pm On Mar 26, 2015
Please i need an activation code for my
windows 8.1 build 9600..i bought the
windows via cd for 500#..i need to
activate the windows to personalize
things in the laptop..pls the code dat came
with the cd didnt work out..i nid hlp on
this..tanx hauz
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:33pm On Mar 26, 2015
samkizzy:
Please i need an activation code for my
windows 8.1 build 9600..i bought the
windows via cd for 500#..i need to
activate the windows to personalize
things in the laptop..pls the code dat came
with the cd didnt work out..i nid hlp on
this..tanx hauz

Dear samkizzy,

My name is Deji a member of computer section and would
recommend you search for adetwin, onegig or bigt on this forum,
they offer a chargeable service to help you install a genuine window.
I am sorry we cannot provide windows keys, it is against the rules.
Please try and understand the rationale Behind this. cheers

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 5:57pm On Mar 26, 2015
[quote author=kingsley989 post=32030420][/quote] i still can't get you. Did you mean someone used your phone on his personal laptop by connecting via usb and now you can't view folders on your phone's file manager?? If so, then a virus have been successful in hiding your files to the extent that even if you tick the 'show hidden files and folders' in the folder options, it won't show anything but when you go to computer, it shows the usage and you become perplexed?
OR
You want to hide hidden files as it is now showing as a fainted icon on your system? Please clarify.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kingsley989(m): 6:42pm On Mar 26, 2015
bigt2:
i still can't get you. Did you mean someone used your phone on his personal laptop by connecting via usb and now you can't view folders on your phone's file manager?? If so, then a virus have been successful in hiding your files to the extent that even if you tick the 'show hidden files and folders' in the folder options, it won't show anything but when you go to computer, it shows the usage and you become perplexed?
OR
You want to hide hidden files as it is now showing as a fainted icon on your system? Please clarify.
Yes. On the process of unhidding the file (folders) on my phone using my laptop, I now noticed a faint file named APP DATA on my laptop (I have never seen it before) when I try to delete it says "files in it are in use". What should I do now?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Teaxa(m): 7:16pm On Mar 26, 2015
Pls need help with my HP 250 G3
getting slower n when I scan with the antivirus I've got a registry infected but can't be repaired by the antivirus
The system us actually acting weird
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by priscillawill(m): 7:41pm On Mar 26, 2015
am using hp notebook nc6220 my enter key on my keyboard is not working, pls is there any other shortcut for enter key
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:12pm On Mar 26, 2015
priscillawill:
am using hp notebook nc6220 my enter key on my keyboard is not working, pls is there any other shortcut for enter key

Use Google to research windows on screen keyboard or press
Windows key and letter R altogether then a box would appear
Type in osk
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ericgold(m): 9:15pm On Mar 26, 2015
PLEASE HOUSE MY HP MINI 110 HAS A CHARGING PROBLEM,IT SHOWS AM CHARGING AND LATER CHANGE TO NOT CHARGING,PLEASE HOUSE WHAT CAN I DO??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 9:19pm On Mar 26, 2015
ericgold:
PLEASE HOUSE MY HP MINI 110 HAS A CHARGING PROBLEM,IT SHOWS AM CHARGING AND LATER CHANGE TO NOT CHARGING,PLEASE HOUSE WHAT CAN I DO??
pls av u change d charger?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ericgold(m): 9:29pm On Mar 26, 2015
zyzxx:
pls av u change d charger?
ITS NOT THE CHARGER PROBLEM COS ITS THE CHARGER THAT FOLLOWED THE LAPTOP,AND I HAVE BEING USING THE CHARGER AND HAS NOT GIVING ME ANY PROBLEM,AND I HAVE JUST USED ANOTHER PERSON CHARGER TO CONFIRM IT....THANKS FOR YOUR SWIFT RESPONSE[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 9:30pm On Mar 26, 2015
ericgold:
ITS NOT THE CHARGER PROBLEM COS ITS THE CHARGER THAT FOLLOWED THE LAPTOP,AND I HAVE BEING USING THE CHARGER AND HAS NOT GIVING ME ANY PROBLEM,AND I HAVE JUST USED ANOTHER PERSON CHARGER TO CONFIRM IT....THANKS FOR YOUR SWIFT RESPONSE[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
sorry bro den it ur b3 sir
It btw d two sir
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Cuneddy(m): 12:19am On Mar 27, 2015
bigt2:
have you tried the effectiveness when in bios? Try to get it into safe mode to know whether it works.
how do i do that bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by priscillawill(m): 4:47am On Mar 27, 2015
deji2009:

Use Google to research windows on screen keyboard or press
Windows key and letter R altogether then a box would appear
Type in osk
maybe windows did not shutdown well an it shows start windows normally: what key can i use then. Thanks for your reply

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.