Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (660) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1269794 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 5:48pm On Dec 10, 2015
dammygoody:
Good day gurus in the house...sameolg616.. my respects...
my question is a little "somehow" but I've been following this thread for some time now and I've noticed that most people post complaints mainly on HP system.....is there a reason for this or its just individual handling that matters 'cos I'm quite confused about buying another HP laptop after my previous one packed up-HP ..
It's just a coincidence.hp and dell remain the leading brands in laptops.they are very durable,have sleek designs and more importantly they are very easy to maintain because their parts are too available.its always a pleasure to try them on..I love the envys and the dm4 designs
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 10, 2015
Please how do I increased my system video dedicated memory
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OjusAmos(m): 9:40pm On Dec 10, 2015
Whizpeter:

Bro I'm sorry this feedback is coming late, network is poor over here....
I have done the above, now the system boots up but the screen doesn't...
The fans come on, the capslock button indicator is responding,the WiFi button is also responding but the screen just shows white... No sign of Life at all...
If I leave it on for a minute, the screen divides into two equal parts, a white part and a grey part...
And the system is acting normal, it goes into sleep after 5mins as normal but the screen is the issue now....

What do you suggest I do? I sincerely pray it ain't a damaged screen...!
No long thing.... just remove the RAMs of the system and clean it vividly. Reinsert, and Test.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by temi4fash(m): 4:27am On Dec 11, 2015
sameolg616:

meet a hardware expert.....some assessments are best done live rather than on assumptions from just a post

How can I meet one? Am in ibadan.... a cheap one at that
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gurunlocker: 9:54am On Dec 11, 2015
sameolg616:

It's just a coincidence.hp and dell remain the leading brands in laptops.they are very durable,have sleek designs and more importantly they are very easy to maintain because their parts are too available.its always a pleasure to try them on..I love the envys and the dm4 designs

morning, pls I've got an ish with my PC, hp 15.... I prefer hibernating when I am not using my PC, but I noticed if I hibernate for like 8 times on average, anytime I tried to resume session, it will hang at the HP logo (where this white dot always load when you on the laptop)..... so I will have to force shut the laptop , thereby loosing my current session...... what's the solution to this? I'm afraid If I continue doing this, my HDD might have problem........ OS is windows 8.1
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:30am On Dec 11, 2015
gurunlocker:

morning, pls I've got an ish with my PC, hp 15.... I prefer hibernating when I am not using my PC, but I noticed if I hibernate for like 8 times on average, anytime I tried to resume session, it will hang at the HP logo (where this white dot always load when you on the laptop)..... so I will have to force shut the laptop , thereby loosing my current session...... what's the solution to this? I'm afraid If I continue doing this, my HDD might have problem........ OS is windows 8.1
i have never been a fan of hibernation..i'd prefer standby even if i have to use..you are very correct that it has a big effect minimally on ur hdd because it cross references both the current sector where the information is held on your hdd and also in the ram...so upon resume,that same address has to be restored..seek time(index) is even slower with larger hdd....its one of the reasons why they are gradually phasing out HDD to SSD(flash memory).
here is a typical example...if you were playing music,movies from your laptop or from a device connected to your laptop and for any reason your system enters into hibernating mode(either low battery action is set to hibernate at a certain percentage or u intentionally force it into)..observe wat happens when u have disconnected the device before u resume it...u will find out a small fragment of the music continues to play(thats info stored temporarily in the ram for faster execution) then ceases after a few seconds thereby producing a "stuttering" effect like the cd is scratching....
EXPLaNATION:the processor can no longer reference the address from which it was initially stored in the hibernation data but the error trapper cant report a "device no longer available " or "device not found" immediately but instead reporting "windows has malfunctioned,wait for the action to respond or end the task" else you frustratingly force a shutdown...at that point,ur hdd starts developing bad sectors..
when u restart,since the hibernation instruction did not fully execute,it becomes a cycle now complicated with startup repair problems...that s the explanation for "hanging at hp logo"..cuz its trying to process multiple instructions...for later laptops,its smartly displays "delete restoration data" so u can have a normal boot up
advice:if you have to use hibernation,make sure the applications and processes are ones running on hdd(cuz applications are loaded into ur ram on execution)like webpages,pictures,apps .try to disconnect external devices connected before hibernation...also if u are watching a movie or playing music....try stop them..they force BSODs
2..use registry cleaners regularly...many people think its only viruses that makes system unstable...wrong!invalid entries///etc are also responsible....notably bsods
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Obakenny01(m): 12:34pm On Dec 11, 2015
hello op, am having prob with my bluetooth (window eight). it refuses to switch on frm the pc settings. i dnt knw if its driver prob.. installed some drivers but no result
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Whizpeter(m): 4:30am On Dec 12, 2015
OjusAmos:

No long thing.... just remove the RAMs of the system and clean it vividly. Reinsert, and Test.

Bro, I saw this late, my mentions ain't working.. .
Thanks.. . Lemme try this out and get you feedback!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Whizpeter(m): 6:06am On Dec 12, 2015
OjusAmos:

Bro how do you mean clean it vividly? Cos i just cleaned it's contact points with a soft cloth [Hankerchief] and its still the same result... Is there a special way to clean it?
Please your response would be highly appreciated.. .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunebob(m): 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2015
hi...my hp2000 just went off while i was charging it...the battery still chargez buh my system is nt coming up at all ...it only blink the power light when i press and hold for like 7secs....pls wat could be wrong wit it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nonsovich(m): 8:19pm On Dec 12, 2015
Is there any remedy to stop hanging of HD movies especially the mkv format on my hp mini 110?.....
N.B: the system plays other lower resolution fairly well...sometimes sef , even d lower resolution will still be hanging too...e help wa!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by crazyprof(m): 10:37pm On Dec 12, 2015
but sam.... You know.... turning on the native mood, also attracts some error messages... so how can one fix those messages that appears in blue screen.. incase i turn off the native mood?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by crazyprof(m): 10:39pm On Dec 12, 2015
but sam.... You know.... turning on the native mood, also attracts some error messages... so how can one fix those messages that appears in blue screen.. incase i turn off the native mood? [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:55am On Dec 13, 2015
guys, anytime i try installing windows 10,it get to 33% and say "something has happened, windows 10 installation failed"... I've tried all solutions online, nothing worked,and how much cani repair a dell vostro 1540 speaker?thanks....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gbolisco(m): 9:01am On Dec 13, 2015
Pls i need ur help..How do i get a VGA driver for my Sony VGN-AW 120j, that's the model #...These are other features...Nividia Geforce 9600m GT. Its window 7, resolution is 1920*1080 full HD; Aspect ratio-16.9... Please i will appreciate if you can provide a number i can contact u on.

SONY VAIO
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stano2(m): 10:18am On Dec 13, 2015
Good morning all, please kindly help me with prices of 1)original Dell laptop battery 2) Dell d620 laptop case 3)2GB ram 4) 160GB HDD..thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Johnic47(m): 12:06pm On Dec 13, 2015
bigt2:

You are in for a new motherboard, I'm sorry sad
I have spoken! ;(
I know , I already ordered for one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Theophilus125: 5:08am On Dec 14, 2015
Am having a problem unlocking an encrypted zip file. I tried using brute force as the password consists of just four characters. however the decryption software I have has issues. Can you suggest an application that will help me decrypt it or give suggestions on how to decrypt it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lebee4(m): 10:30am On Dec 14, 2015
Compliment of the season to all the computer section guru's.
Please, all my documents on my pc including media has been encrypted by some hackers asking me to pay $500 to decrypt it.
is there any solution?
all my work no longer open and d Microsoft office documents are all corrupt.
thanks OP.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by abbeycom101(m): 6:55pm On Dec 14, 2015
Hello my amiable engineers in the house. Please I need help o. My HP laptop is misbehaving. Whenever am playing music or watching videos using my earpiece I'll be hearing the sound from the system and also from the earpiece. And I don't want this, please gurus in the house should tell me what to do. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Olarewajub: 7:34pm On Dec 14, 2015
Please help me with the unlock code Model: E153u IMEI : 869604000385954
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 8:02pm On Dec 14, 2015
Did the issue pop up recently? Or has it been like that all along?

Try restoring the sound settings to factory defaults.

Also, right-click the speaker icon on the taskbar and select playback devices. In the window that appears, on the playback tab, right-click the headset device, and click 'set as default device'.

abbeycom101:
Hello my amiable engineers in the house. Please I need help o. My HP laptop is misbehaving. Whenever am playing music or watching videos using my earpiece I'll be hearing the sound from the system and also from the earpiece. And I don't want this, please gurus in the house should tell me what to do. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 8:07pm On Dec 14, 2015
Reformat the computer system and restore your documents from backup. That's the only guaranteed solution.

Lebee4:
Compliment of the season to all the computer section guru's.
Please, all my documents on my pc including media has been encrypted by some hackers asking me to pay $500 to decrypt it.
is there any solution?
all my work no longer open and d Microsoft office documents are all corrupt.
thanks OP.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 8:18pm On Dec 14, 2015
Visit the official website of the laptop manufacturer (Sony), or that of the graphics card vendor(NVIDIA).

Gbolisco:
Pls i need ur help..How do i get a VGA driver for my Sony VGN-AW 120j, that's the model #...These are other features...Nividia Geforce 9600m GT. Its window 7, resolution is 1920*1080 full HD; Aspect ratio-16.9... Please i will appreciate if you can provide a number i can contact u on.

SONY VAIO
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 8:33pm On Dec 14, 2015
Are you performing a clean install or an upgrade? What are some of the possible solutions that you've tried?

mrvocalprowess:
guys, anytime i try installing windows 10,it get to 33% and say "something has happened, windows 10 installation failed"... I've tried all solutions online, nothing worked,and how much cani repair a dell vostro 1540 speaker?thanks....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 8:57pm On Dec 14, 2015
Remove the battery, and power on the system with only the charger connected. What do you notice?

tunebob:
hi...my hp2000 just went off while i was charging it...the battery still chargez buh my system is nt coming up at all ...it only blink the power light when i press and hold for like 7secs....pls wat could be wrong wit it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:40am On Dec 15, 2015
shawlxAk:
Are you performing a clean install or an upgrade? What are some of the possible solutions that you've tried?

its an upgrade from win7 ,some solutions i saw on reddit,like changing location to the UK etc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 9:08am On Dec 15, 2015
mrvocalprowess:
2 things are possible:
1..the installer is corrupt....you can use MD5 or hash to verify it
2.your hard drive may contain errors hindering further installation
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hello computer gurus
Please I av tried installing. Net framework v3.5 on my windows 8 but an error message keeps showing and I have tried all the other means seen online, but e no still work. Any suggestions on how n which other means I can use to install it will be appreciated. Thanks

Nb: I have other framework like v4.0 upwards
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:16am On Dec 16, 2015
rayikem:
Hello computer gurus
Please I av tried installing. Net framework v3.5 on my windows 8 but an error message keeps showing and I have tried all the other means seen online, but e no still work. Any suggestions on how n which other means I can use to install it will be appreciated. Thanks

Nb: I have other framework like v4.0 upwards
its a technical solution i may not be able to describe fully well here....
Windows 8 does not include .NET 3.5 (include .NET 2.0 and 3.0) by default.so u have to enable it so u that u will be able to download and install it..
the activation is best done from an elevated cmd..
call me on 08061679732...but pls make sure u have a windows 8 installation cd or iso....(the solution is contained in it)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 7:10pm On Dec 16, 2015
Ok. Are you upgrading manually using an installation media, or automatically via the Windows 10 reservation platform?

mrvocalprowess:
its an upgrade from win7 ,some solutions i saw on reddit,like changing location to the UK etc

(1) (2) (3) ... (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.