Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (659) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1270179 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:58pm On Dec 06, 2015
OjusAmos:

If I were you, I will just Remove my hard disk, insert it in another system, Run the 64bit O.S on it. After completion, return the hard disk to its original system and see what happens.... #Without_Stress
forgive me for asking...how is that ever possible?i equally think you aint aware the only way u can make a transition from a 32bit to 64bit is by only a clean format...so if "mr too know" doesnt mind a wipe out..he cld go ahead but he wishes to rescue his files then he had thread carefully on being advised...its more technical

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:59pm On Dec 06, 2015
bestdeals0:
Pls I need help o. Each time I insert a DVD drive, it won't show anything on d laptop. Don't know if there is a particular place to click for it to come up. Am not used to it but jus decided to try it today. Where can I go to watch d movies pls.
u can call me on 08061679732 for quick response and assessment
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Whizpeter(m): 10:12am On Dec 07, 2015
Hello guys, please I need your assistance...
I've got an HP Pavilion DV6000 laptop running on Windows 10...

I had reason to travel without it for a month plus and the battery was low [20%]

Returned last week, charged it and tried putting it on but it's not booting...
When I press the power key, the light indicators come on and after 3 secs, the laptop trips off...

Sometimes the screen lights up and show a kinda white/grey background and then trips off immediately...

What could be the problem and how can I solve it.!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OjusAmos(m): 11:49am On Dec 07, 2015
Whizpeter:
Hello guys, please I need your assistance...
I've got an HP Pavilion DV6000 laptop running on Windows 10...

I had reason to travel without it for a month plus and the battery was low [20%]

Returned last week, charged it and tried putting it on but it's not booting...
When I press the power key, the light indicators come on and after 3 secs, the laptop trips off...

Sometimes the screen lights up and show a kinda white/grey background and then trips off immediately...

What could be the problem and how can I solve it.!
Remove the battery of the system,Connect to D.C circuit and power it....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by whytepawn1(m): 12:35pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hello guys
I can't seem to update anything on my system.. my windows update refused to update.... it displayed an error code. I also tried updating the drivers on the system because I changed the windows to windows 10.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 1:00pm On Dec 07, 2015
whytepawn1:
Hello guys
I can't seem to update anything on my system.. my windows update refused to update.... it displayed an error code. I also tried updating the drivers on the system because I changed the windows to windows 10.
have you check your update settings?
and what is d error code?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tyz: 4:38pm On Dec 07, 2015
pls i need assistance, my HP laptop 630 keeps making a strange noise when I put in on. but stops when I have entered password.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
there is a file in appdata folder 'browserhelp.txt' its about 239gb and still increasing every minutes and it cant delete. my hard drive is almost full now. any solution to this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Whizpeter(m): 5:15pm On Dec 07, 2015
OjusAmos:

Thanks... I'll try this out!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 8:24pm On Dec 07, 2015
Ochillary:
there is a file in appdata folder 'browserhelp.txt' its about 239gb and still increasing every minutes and it cant delete. my hard drive is almost full now. any solution to this?
what is the error message it shows whenever you try to delete it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 07, 2015
bigt2:
what is the error message it shows whenever you try to delete it?
something like the file is being use by a programme
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lalaboi(m): 10:31am On Dec 08, 2015
sameolg616:

The laptop is hp 8510p runs on Windows 7 32bit and I intend installing windows 7 64bit
you intend or "you intended"...dont be misleading.....be truthful,u obviously ran the 64bit upgrade on the existing 32bit...i have decided here that i wont be part of this kinda of "diy" problems again..let the pros do their work..i would never simulate being a surgeon to make a heart transplant just cuz i saw the tutorial video on youtube or google cuz when complications like what u have happens..its nairaland u run to and expect miracles...and in the end "u say thank u" or send "200 naira credit"..

You know, it wont be a bad idea to just advice him not to do diy and recommend a pro to do it for him.
DIY is not even a bad thing and people learn from these things. DIY should be encouraged so people dont pay over the odds for so many simple issues.

I know you are a pro having solved a lot of issues here without saying how which defeats the purpose of this thread. I purposely didnt want to say anything but this your response seems like someone who wants something in return for fixing issues. you have carved this niche for yourself here and i nor dey knock down your hustle. but no come here dey form god ontop PC issues because someone tried something that didnt work out.

people here want help if possible for free and there is a lot of volunteers that have helped over a long period of time. Help with issues or advice they see a pro if you think it cant be fixed with text words. shikena

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:31pm On Dec 08, 2015
Ochillary:
something like the file is being use by a programme
end the process that is using the file in task manager and then delete it. Let me know how that goes.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phiszo(m): 12:40pm On Dec 08, 2015
Please how much does it cost to replace cooling fan of hp pavilion g6 pc?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Elthugnificent(m): 3:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
Using an Hp envy spectre xT pro 13, with 0mb dedicated video memory. Can't seem to play games due to that, any solution house. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
bigt2:
end the process that is using the file in task manager and then delete it. Let me know how that goes.
thanks. found the process and stopped it. about 252gb deleted.. thanks once again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 9:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
Ochillary:
thanks. found the process and stopped it. about 252gb deleted.. thanks once again.
glad to hear that smiley

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Whizpeter(m): 3:35am On Dec 09, 2015
OjusAmos:

Bro I'm sorry this feedback is coming late, network is poor over here....
I have done the above, now the system boots up but the screen doesn't...
The fans come on, the capslock button indicator is responding,the WiFi button is also responding but the screen just shows white... No sign of Life at all...
If I leave it on for a minute, the screen divides into two equal parts, a white part and a grey part...
And the system is acting normal, it goes into sleep after 5mins as normal but the screen is the issue now....

What do you suggest I do? I sincerely pray it ain't a damaged screen...!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 4:40am On Dec 09, 2015
lalaboi:

You know, it wont be a bad idea to just advice him not to do diy and recommend a pro to do it for him.
DIY is not even a bad thing and people learn from these things. DIY should be encouraged so people dont pay over the odds for so many simple issues.

I know you are a pro having solved a lot of issues here without saying how which defeats the purpose of this thread. I purposely didnt want to say anything but this your response seems like someone who wants something in return for fixing issues. you have carved this niche for yourself here and i nor dey knock down your hustle. but no come here dey form god ontop PC issues because someone tried something that didnt work out.

people here want help if possible for free and there is a lot of volunteers that have helped over a long period of time. Help with issues or advice they see a pro if you think it cant be fixed with text words. shikena

but no come here dey form god ontop PC issues grin grin grin grin
as its written:God created man in his own image..so pls forgive me if my image "chokes" u..
i believe God has blessed us each abundantly and we must all choose our paths carefully and follow..for me,this is what i chose in the end and i want to be the best i can...so u wont see me trying to do the carpenters job or the mechanics job..something u call DIY..i respect other peoples trade or profession...
I know you are a pro having solved a lot of issues here without saying how which defeats the purpose of this thread-read all my posts,im among just a few that give incisive step-by-step procedures here with even real life situations to illustrate it(eg the issue of the adaptor where i used 3men of the same age but different body masses)because that is ow i was taught...i can give 99% of the solution free and i have the right to reserve 1%(which is the most important)to myself which keeps me relevant in competition..i never claim to know all and i work with other professionals too..so pls wats there to hide..a guy here(emeka) called me 2wks ago,a DIY guy..he dint only want me to solve his problem..he wanted more knowledge(password removal)..i gave him the software,conducted a teamviewer session of hrs and in return he paid 3k...in the future,when some here or around him has similar problem,he can make his money back and more..i liberated him because he had adequate skills,knowledge to follow his diy adventure...
-your response seems like someone who wants something in return for fixing issues-there are certain issues that can be done free...alot of pple can attest to my work as free or almost free....then some major procedures that can never be free..ask ard,i do some procedures live on teamviewer for hrs(is internet free?)i even call them back when they run out of credit(is that free?)i dont run a charity organisation yet neither am i "LANIYUN" or bill gates..even bill gates sells all his product and u can only get "free support" only when u have their products..
besides,i dont compel anyone to pay me....many have never even called back..im a professional and sadly,i must get paid..
while i worked in DANA,my boss admired my kind nature and how i always wanted to solve everyone ones computer issue...then he advised:these pple would never tell u the real state of their laptops so be careful it dont give up on u..ironically,months later...his friends laptops motherboard got spoilt(every engineer confirmed it)...the guy said until my boss confirms it would he give up on it so it was sent down to our allen office..some cleaners later stole it from our office...u wont believe the guy made it a very big issue and denied his laptop wasnt dead...like play,he made the whole i.t department pay 50k for a dv6000...that was supposed to be a free service
-Help with issues or advice they see a pro if you think it cant be fixed with text words-fellow nairalanders,pls help me answer this one o.....read my posts...i am one of the first people that started fighting my colleagues on letting people "meet a pro or hardware technician"
i have nothing more to prove....i make my money from mostly retail pos database,disaster recovery(which is hardly mentioned here)...lets do business instead..
i remain SAME Ol' G(benga).....Gbenga Odusina....da yan mo!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 09, 2015
guys,how much can i repair a laptop speaker?its a dell vostro 1540 laptop....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tickles001(m): 12:26pm On Dec 09, 2015
sameolg616:

as its written:God created man in his own image..so pls forgive me if my image "chokes" u..
i believe God has blessed us each abundantly and we must all choose our paths carefully and follow..for me,this is what i chose in the end and i want to be the best i can...so u wont see me trying to do the carpenters job or the mechanics job..something u call DIY..i respect other peoples trade or profession...
I know you are a pro having solved a lot of issues here without saying how which defeats the purpose of this thread-read all my posts,im among just a few that give incisive step-by-step procedures here with even real life situations to illustrate it(eg the issue of the adaptor where i used 3men of the same age but different body masses)because that is ow i was taught...i can give 99% of the solution free and i have the right to reserve 1%(which is the most important)to myself which keeps me relevant in competition..i never claim to know all and i work with other professionals too..so pls wats there to hide..a guy here(emeka) called me 2wks ago,a DIY guy..he dint only want me to solve his problem..he wanted more knowledge(password removal)..i gave him the software,conducted a teamviewer session of hrs and in return he paid 3k...in the future,when some here or around him has similar problem,he can make his money back and more..i liberated him because he had adequate skills,knowledge to follow his diy adventure...
-your response seems like someone who wants something in return for fixing issues-there are certain issues that can be done free...alot of pple can attest to my work as free or almost free....then some major procedures that can never be free..ask ard,i do some procedures live on teamviewer for hrs(is internet free?)i even call them back when they run out of credit(is that free?)i dont run a charity organisation yet neither am i "LANIYUN" or bill gates..even bill gates sells all his product and u can only get "free support" only when u have their products..
besides,i dont compel anyone to pay me....many have never even called back..im a professional and sadly,i must get paid..
while i worked in DANA,my boss admired my kind nature and how i always wanted to solve everyone ones computer issue...then he advised:these pple would never tell u the real state of their laptops so be careful it dont give up on u..ironically,months later...his friends laptops motherboard got spoilt(every engineer confirmed it)...the guy said until my boss confirms it would he give up on it so it was sent down to our allen office..some cleaners later stole it from our office...u wont believe the guy made it a very big issue and denied his laptop wasnt dead...like play,he made the whole i.t department pay 50k for a dv6000...that was supposed to be a free service
-Help with issues or advice they see a pro if you think it cant be fixed with text words-fellow nairalanders,pls help me answer this one o.....read my posts...i am one of the first people that started fighting my colleagues on letting people "meet a pro or hardware technician"
i have nothing more to prove....i make my money from mostly retail pos database,disaster recovery(which is hardly mentioned here)...lets do business instead..
Just accept that you're response is discouraging that was not the kind of response I expect from you. DIY is something I enjoy. I think your response is worse than my failed attempt.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Habholarji(m): 1:28pm On Dec 09, 2015
wassup guys...please I need ur help on this matter....I did a fresh installation of windows 10 on my hp elite book 8440p as I had formated the system before...now my biometric devices are no where to found in device manager and the fingerprint scanner is nowhere to used...not in the sign in options....I noticed two unknown devices in my device manager...tried updating them but the response was no update was found by windows...please what can I do to rectify this...thanks in advance guys
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lalaboi(m): 4:43pm On Dec 09, 2015
sameolg616:

Alaye mi gbengulo. . I know you are a good person and we can all get on just fine. In as much as you know alot, that response came out the wrong way which is sent that post.

E just pay to be humble and not appear somehow in-front of people who need help on here. atleast if you advice a DIY person and let him know there might be consequences of his action, then you are not at fault if anything happens when his PC spoils or whatnot. na just my shekele advice sha and thats the point i was trying to drive at with my post.

Apologies for the accusations. . .just had a robin hood moment grin
Go on soun.

now that you mentioned disaster recovery? can you recover data from an external hard drive that fell from a table and wont show up as a drive on PC's anymore?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 9:16pm On Dec 09, 2015
lalaboi:

Alaye mi gbengulo. . I know you are a good person and we can all get on just fine. In as much as you know alot, that response came out the wrong way which is sent that post.

E just pay to be humble and not appear somehow in-front of people who need help on here. atleast if you advice a DIY person and let him know there might be consequences of his action, then you are not at fault if anything happens when his PC spoils or whatnot. na just my shekele advice sha and thats the point i was trying to drive at with my post.

Apologies for the accusations. . .just had a robin hood moment grin
Go on soun.

now that you mentioned disaster recovery? can you recover data from an external hard drive that fell from a table and wont show up as a drive on PC's anymore?
I guess I ws just in the mood for an epistle too outta boredom.i guess we all understand each other beta and I'm not here to impress anyone either or be everyone hero.
In response to ur hard drive issue get the licensed copy of easeus partition master or recovery (av shared a method atleast) then u can now start ur DIY adventure(lol
E maso mi lenu
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:50am On Dec 10, 2015
mrvocalprowess:
guys,how much can i repair a laptop speaker?its a dell vostro 1540 laptop....
answers please...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by temi4fash(m): 4:42am On Dec 10, 2015
Good morning peeps,

Please my laptop hp 620 is not coming on anymore. But when I put in the charger it blinks a white light then go off.

I removed the battery and still does not come on. Though it was already telling me advise to replace battery before these happened.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:02am On Dec 10, 2015
Habholarji:
wassup guys...please I need ur help on this matter....I did a fresh installation of windows 10 on my hp elite book 8440p as I had formated the system before...now my biometric devices are no where to found in device manager and the fingerprint scanner is nowhere to used...not in the sign in options....I noticed two unknown devices in my device manager...tried updating them but the response was no update was found by windows...please what can I do to rectify this...thanks in advance guys
its quite a tricky and technical one....
a fresh windows 10 installation masks your drivers as ok..NOT TRUE
what it infact does is simulate a proper installation based on the current archietecture and instruction pre-defined by the installation(thtas why your biometric devices dint come up)
solution:you have to manually install your drivers either using a driver pack or downloading then from the drivers download page of ur hp model from hp.com
here are possible problems u are surely to encounter:
1..a windows 10 os driver page may not be available for your model yet.
solution:download the required download for the os yor laptop is intended for(windows 7 or cool..check under your laptop for the license key;above it,u will see either windows 7 ......or windows 8...
whatever the case,just down load drivers for a high version of 7 or 8(ie pro or ultimate)
2..it may not run correctly on windows 10...
solution:before you run the downloaded driver,right click on it and run it in compactibility mode for either windows 7 or 8
3..you may eventually run into dotnet 3.5 framework installation missing...
solution:cant be described properly here cuz its been reprogrammed in an elevated stance of command prompt..
you can call me on 08061679732 when u hit a brickwall
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:15am On Dec 10, 2015
Tickles001:

Just accept that you're response is discouraging that was not the kind of response I expect from you. DIY is something I enjoy. I think your response is worse than my failed attempt.
no apologies!goodluck in ur adventure....ur earlier post dint suggest u were having fun....its simple,your are not qualified for the diy task u have chosen...its different if ur system suddenly went bad or stopped working,then its easy to help than to be "intentionally" causing trouble then looking for some pros to clean up ur mess with ur "misleading info".
advice:u need enough skills and even more experience,knowledge to make somethings happen..even somethings are not described in tutorials cuz 2 incidents may be similar but never the same...at that point-only your INSTINCT sets the difference!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:22am On Dec 10, 2015
temi4fash:
Good morning peeps,

Please my laptop hp 620 is not coming on anymore. But when I put in the charger it blinks a white light then go off.

I removed the battery and still does not come on. Though it was already telling me advise to replace battery before these happened.

meet a hardware expert.....some assessments are best done live rather than on assumptions from just a post
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dammygoody(m): 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2015
Good day gurus in the house...sameolg616.. my respects...
my question is a little "somehow" but I've been following this thread for some time now and I've noticed that most people post complaints mainly on HP system.....is there a reason for this or its just individual handling that matters 'cos I'm quite confused about buying another HP laptop after my previous one packed up-HP ..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by holuphisayor(m): 5:27pm On Dec 10, 2015
My windows 8.1 pro expires today. ..any software to activate it permanently?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 5:43pm On Dec 10, 2015
holuphisayor:
My windows 8.1 pro expires today. ..any software to activate it permanently?
Call me on 08061679732 let me help u beg bill gates to extend ur activation and probably make it permanent

(1) (2) (3) ... (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.