Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,262 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (657) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263327 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mulahmanbmr(m): 7:54pm On Nov 28, 2015
I have a free dos system which I just installed Windows 8.1 os on it, I also just installed winning eleven 8 on it and it's slow when I play it can anyone help out with a solution to it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:05am On Nov 29, 2015
adetwin:

Your system is over affected ! Just back up ur data and do a clean installation
more to this.....scan the backed up data from a clean system with a strong antivirus(along with all the removable devices u may have used on the system) else the infection would be restored when u transfer ur files back to the system..
method 2:remove ur hard drive and scan it as a removable from a clean system
method 3..prepare a rescue live cd on a clean system that contain up-to-date updates from a strong "licensed"(not all those free craps u install)antivirus...then boot ur system with it at startup

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by akreest(m): 3:01pm On Nov 29, 2015
I am having issues opening an excel V10 workbook. It says 'the file is corrupt and can not be opened. Can you help?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by juzo98(m): 10:16pm On Dec 01, 2015
Good evening bosses, i have a serious issue with 2 of my hp pavilion 15 usb 3.0 ports,it cant detects stuffs like phones,flashdrives,modems e.t.c but it can detect game controllers.Pls i need advice on how to fix it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 11:24pm On Dec 01, 2015
juzo98:
Good evening bosses, i have a serious issue with 2 of my hp pavilion 15 usb 3.0 ports,it cant detects stuffs like phones,flashdrives,modems e.t.c but it can detect game controllers.Pls i need advice on how to fix it.
Try to downgrade the settings to USB 2.0 in BIOS. This should make it stable and not sound as if youre plugging and unplugging the usb at the same time. This is an issue with my Hp 15 d000sia notebook too, and i believe virtually all of its kind have this USB problem. The best is for you to get another model as the laptop can cause headache. It selects USB cables too.

Mine started with this, then to SMART failure, kept working for a couple of months and then it gives BSOD at the slighest knock, low sound (this eventually stopped after swapping a HDD with Win7 cos it came with Win8 hence a driver problem. It became sooo loud then), HDD eventually fried, and battery followed. Now im left with a choice to change the battery and HDD. Phew! Thank God as an engineer i have the know-how that kept it running for a year. Its clean, slim, nice battery life but with flaws.
#Goodluck.

I have spoken!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Cheidy(m): 7:47am On Dec 02, 2015
Good morning, please I tried turning on my dell6400, but it won't boot and the screen remains blank. The caplock light just blinks a few times and the laptop switches off.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kchimezie: 8:54am On Dec 02, 2015
Please guys I need Hp mini laptop Webcam driver

1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kchimezie: 9:30am On Dec 02, 2015
kchimezie:
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tolsh: 10:32am On Dec 02, 2015
Phone spy software to bug BlackBerry. Pls kindly help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by engrFsumtin(m): 12:38pm On Dec 02, 2015
Hello guys...
Please i noticed this on my system recently...
My files get duplicated when I open their location folder.The duplicates are usually named, starting with letter V.
Its somtin like this....
file name changes from"installer" to "vInstaller".Any file it duplicates,gets a small v added to its original name.
I know its trojan but how do I get rid of it abeg.Thanks!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Abcruz(m): 2:33pm On Dec 02, 2015
please i lost many of my files. I will be more than grateful if someone can help me with a link to download a free data recovery software.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by justi4jesu(f): 4:48pm On Dec 02, 2015
kchimezie:

This your laptop needs sanitation shocked

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 7:23pm On Dec 02, 2015
Abcruz:
please i lost many of my files. I will be more than grateful if someone can help me with a link to download a free data recovery software.
Google tune up utilities full version. Then install after downloading. Use the undelete feature to scan and restore the deleted files.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 7:25pm On Dec 02, 2015
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 7:27pm On Dec 02, 2015
engrFsumtin:
Hello guys...
Please i noticed this on my system recently...
My files get duplicated when I open their location folder.The duplicates are usually named, starting with letter V.
Its somtin like this....
file name changes from"installer" to "vInstaller".Any file it duplicates,gets a small v added to its original name.
I know its trojan but how do I get rid of it abeg.Thanks!
download the latest version of malwarebytes antimalware and give your system a full scan.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 7:29pm On Dec 02, 2015
Cheidy:
Good morning, please I tried turning on my dell6400, but it won't boot and the screen remains blank. The caplock light just blinks a few times and the laptop switches off.
clean the ram, if no joy, then I suspect the in built graphics card. Does the fan spin up along?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2015
kchimezie:
go and buy a driver pack solution disc. Use it to install missing drivers.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Olarewajub: 8:09pm On Dec 02, 2015
Please i want to purchase a modem that i can unlock with ease. Intend using Simple server with it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fran6uc(m): 9:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
Pls guy, none of my apps is opening. App crash is d case. Only KM player and VLC. & also my touch pad isn't working & it wouldn't accept an external mouse, I've been forced to operate entirely with d keyboard but U knw it can't be an adequate substitute.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:10am On Dec 03, 2015
Olarewajub:
Please i want to purchase a modem that i can unlock with ease. Intend using Simple server with it.
go for a universal modem. No need to unlock. However, it is worthy of note that some universal modems get spoilt easily and can't withstand heavy usage hence misbehaves. In lieu of this, go for mtn or glo modem made by Huawei. I repeat, HUAWEI, not haier or any other for those can be easily unlocked. Good luck.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:13am On Dec 03, 2015
fran6uc:
Pls guy, none of my apps is opening. App crash is d case. Only KM player and VLC. & also my touch pad isn't working & it wouldn't accept an external mouse, I've been forced to operate entirely with d keyboard but U knw it can't be an adequate substitute.
boot your system into safe mode and lets see if all functions work perfectly, if so, restore your pc and scan it with a good antivirus even if it worked after system restore. If no joy, then go to device manager and check if a yellow question mark is on any of the devices and get back to me.
I have spoken smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:54am On Dec 03, 2015
juzo98:
just goto the hp website:search for the driver page for your laptop then download the usb3.0 drivers.....
thats all
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Olarewajub: 2:35am On Dec 03, 2015
bigt2:
go for a universal modem. No need to unlock. However, it is worthy of note that some universal modems get spoilt easily and can't withstand heavy usage hence misbehaves. In lieu of this, go for mtn or glo modem made by Huawei. I repeat, HUAWEI, not haier or any other for those can be easily unlocked. Good luck.
Thanks. Guess i will go for the MTN modem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fdnoble2(m): 9:45am On Dec 03, 2015
Pls help wit my omatek laptop, it cant detect dvd rom for almost a week now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lalaboi(m): 10:06am On Dec 03, 2015
brytandre:
i want to share my office LAN network with other devices but my desktop does not have a WIFI adapter in it, how can i set it up and is there a software i can install in the system to that effect. it's an HP compaq monitor....thanks

I am pretty sure your inhouse IT will kick against this. and if he knws about the below software, he will know whats up. Incase he doesnt know, good for you.

Download 'Connectify Me'

Free trial at first. if you need a full version, search for the crack.

Please note that crack software is not advised and might flag as virus infected.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by engrFsumtin(m): 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2015
bigt2:
download the latest version of malwarebytes antimalware and give your system a full scan.
alryt...tnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Cheidy(m): 5:38pm On Dec 03, 2015
bigt2:
clean the ram, if no joy, then I suspect the in built graphics card. Does the fan spin up along?

Thank you sir, your recommendation has brought joy. Bless
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Johnic47(m): 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2015
I'm using an elitebook 8440w and I was updating all the drivers and I chose to update the BIOS too. After updating the bios the system bricked(just led turning on) if someone knows what to do please tell me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 11:21pm On Dec 03, 2015
Cheidy:
Thank you sir, your recommendation has brought joy. Bless
Glad to have been of help. smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 11:22pm On Dec 03, 2015
engrFsumtin:
alryt...tnx
All day.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.