Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (744) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1267955 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by June24th: 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2016
AKBliv010:

run the files you've downloaded and see if its resolved your issue.
It wasn't resolved..
BTW, I am talking of just one movie I downloaded online that played only 20secs and showed that runtime error thing.. Other movies are showing and my laptop is working fine..
I wanted to knw if there's a way dat movie can play well without showing the runtime error..
Thanks man
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AKBliv010(m): 8:31pm On Sep 01, 2016
June24th:

It wasn't resolved..
BTW, I am talking of just one movie I downloaded online that played only 20secs and showed that runtime error thing.. Other movies are showing and my laptop is working fine..
I wanted to knw if there's a way dat movie can play well without showing the runtime error..
Thanks man

So na only 1 movie? ..leave am na...billion others dey to watch lol
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 9:47pm On Sep 01, 2016
souljaboi51:
Hello skydancer and anyone who can help. I recently replaced my mother board and I have 2 problems. First the wifi doesn't connect anymore, it sees the network but for some reason it does not connect. I have updated the drivers using a cable connection but it's still not working. Secondly, it's now telling me activate windows. My laptop is a year old and the OS is originalso and even after upgrading to win 10 I never had issues. Please help me. Thanks

Please tell us your exact computer/hardware version.

Thank you. Also, you should make sure that your hardware supports Win10 before upgrading
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Amicable24: 10:19pm On Sep 01, 2016
AKBliv010:

So na only 1 movie? ..leave am na...billion others dey to watch lol
My pain is d 862mb wey go jst go like dat... My energy and time downloading it sef...Bruuuuuuh shocked
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AKBliv010(m): 10:22pm On Sep 01, 2016
Amicable24:

My pain is d 862mb wey go jst go like dat... My energy and time downloading it sef...Bruuuuuuh shocked

Ommo, I feel u.
Do you have any other video players to try it with?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Amicable24: 10:37pm On Sep 01, 2016
AKBliv010:

Ommo, I feel u.
Do you have any other video players to try it with?
I've done so but all to no avail.. It still stops after 20secs
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Harkinsoji(m): 11:00pm On Sep 01, 2016
My system just blinking without charging or low and it isn't turning on.Help abeg.
skydancer:
Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

Mac users, go here: https://www.nairaland.com/830548/post-imac-macbook-macbook-pro
Ubuntu Linux users: https://www.nairaland.com/11508/ubuntu-linux
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by souljaboi51(m): 11:59pm On Sep 01, 2016
skydancer:

Please tell us your exact computer/hardware version.

Thank you. Also, you should make sure that your hardware supports Win10 before upgrading
My pc is a hp pavillion 15-p247sa. Core i3, 8gb ram and 1tb hard drive and ofcourse I have been using win 10 like 3 weeks after I bought it last year which was when it was launched ( bought it in england).
So it had liquid damage and the mother board had to be changed. (It was changed to a core i5 motherboard 2 days ago in computer village). As I said earlier, the wifi doesn't connect even though it sees the network and it's telling me to activate windows ever since the motherboard was changed. Unfortunately I don't know where the product key is anymore.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by noob03saibot(m): 4:09am On Sep 02, 2016
Dermie:

The issue you're having might be because of a Mouse or Keyboard Malfunction. I don't know if you tried navigating the screen with your keyboard.

You can try to test with an external Mouse or Keyboard to see if it's the same or not..., or uninstall your recently installed apps.

Do a Rootkit scan
https://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/free-tools/virus-removal-tool.aspx

Try this:
Go to Device Manager, select your Mouse/ Mice and other pointing devices, right click and Uninstall it, then restart your PC.

To Do Factory Reset:
Backup your files, if you can.

Disconnect all connected devices.

Search for "PC Settings", select "Update and recovery",
Select "Recovery", choose "Remove Everything and reinstall Windows".
Select "Get Started" and follow the onscreen instructions to start the factory reset process.

Formatting your drive should solve your problem.
Sorry, but won't it ask me for my windows installation cd?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emmaesty(f): 8:09am On Sep 02, 2016
AKBliv010:

Then I suspect you need to install the drivers for the Infinix Hot 2. Download the drivers from the link below

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5gP1lXvmMe5aUNndk9mQzRKTkU

Then watch this video for installation process. Hope it helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWqtq8aV3m4
Thanks, I'll try it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sheis: 8:34am On Sep 02, 2016
Hello everyone,
I need serious help here. For the past one week, I have been having issues with network connections on my PC. I use my mobile hotspot to connect to my laptop. I am on Glo's 10 GB monthly data subscription. Everything has been fine until lately When I tried accessing some sites on my PC, I get this notification" your connection is not private, Attackers might be trying to steal your information, passwords etc. I have scanned the PC for viruses, I have set the time correctly and the problem remains the same. I still can't access those sites till today.

Has anyone here ever experienced this? How was it fixed? Why is the connection being flagged as not private? Is this because I am connecting with a mobile hotspot or is it the 10 GB data network that is not private? I just don't understand where the problem is coming from. To make things worse, I can't access these same sites on my mobile phone at times.

One other thing is most times when I try to use the google page for a search, I get the captcha test and a message that their systems have detected unusual traffic from my computer network even when I had not used the PC in the last 24 hours. I keep wondering where the unusual traffic is coming from.
How do I fix these problems please?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lescott7(m): 3:13pm On Sep 02, 2016
Pls have been unable to use the Microsoft office on my new lenovo laptop with window 10 already on it. It's always asking for internet connection and after being connected it won't still respond.
Pls help me on what to do,have been unable to use my laptop to work on MS-word,excel,PowerPoint etal since d stuff is not working.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Qhalifah: 4:34pm On Sep 02, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Is your wallpaper permanently black? Do you get a message to activate windows?
I get the message whenever i try to open some of my windows application.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 4:40pm On Sep 02, 2016
Qhalifah:
I get the message whenever i try to open some of my windows application.

Your operating system has not been activated and possibly expired
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yemi2plus(m): 8:27am On Sep 03, 2016
Hello,

Anyone with Avast! Free Antivirus 12.3.2280 activation code? Please, I seriously need one to activate my antivirus as it has few days to expire.

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moscyt(m): 9:38am On Sep 03, 2016
bigt2:
pup means potentially unwanted programs. remove them.
I've done everything but I'm still having same issue, regarding the idle mode
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 11:38am On Sep 03, 2016
moscyt:
I've done everything but I'm still having same issue, regarding the idle mode
So the screen still stays up? What programs do you have installed? Some programs could be preventing the system from sleeping.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cookiesho(f): 12:56pm On Sep 03, 2016
Goodday, please how do I activate windows 8 OS on the system?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lordizak(m): 1:25pm On Sep 03, 2016
I have a 6460b probook, the problem with my laptop is; I booted the system one day and the font and many settings changed.

I did a restore to a previous date, maybe i selected a closer date and it remained unchanged. I tried locating the older restoration, but couldn't find it, it seemed wiped out.

The system does not read my moderm anymore.
what can i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moscyt(m): 1:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
bigt2:

So the screen still stays up?
What programs do you have installed?
Some programs could be preventing the system from sleeping.
I mean it goes to idle mode every 15mins, I have done everything but still does. Its so annoying.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 8:06pm On Sep 04, 2016
cookiesho:
Goodday, please how do I activate windows 8 OS on the system?
Call me on 08061679732...I can do it in a few minutes
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tobilinoP(m): 11:59am On Sep 05, 2016
Good day folks
i am a dell inspiron n5040, 4gb ram .500gb, core 13, windows 10 pro
my system has started hanging intermittently, i have tried all possible solutions to no avail, i need help pls.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Meklex(m): 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2016
Please, I have been using my Hotspot with my laptop but I wanted to use it this morning my laptop found the Hotspot but it's writing 'can't connect to this network'
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tall2ce(m): 3:31pm On Sep 06, 2016
Can one order parts from Hp?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 4:06am On Sep 07, 2016
noob03saibot:

Thanks for your concern man, but I don't feel it's a device, mouse keyboard problem. I v also scanned and scanned, in fact my name should v called scanner, but got nothing. I actually checked the msconfig, the start up tab and saw list of things that start up with my pc, among them was some thing called smart protection anti virus. Dude, I don't know how that managed to get there. And the publisher was unknown. So I ran a Google check on it and found out that it is a fake anti virus and it is in fact a virus. But funny enough, no anti virus has picked this up. I v tried to disable it. But anytime I reset my pc and go back to check it in msconfig, I see it abled again. But if I disable it and don't reset, it stays disabled. How can I disable the shit permanently please?

Alright. A factory reset should solve that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stixz(m): 4:35am On Sep 07, 2016
Pls how much will it cost me to upgrade my ram from 4gb to 8gb?
Hp250 g3.... Intel celeron 2830...2.16ghz
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TonyBlinks(m): 9:05pm On Sep 07, 2016
stixz:
just get the proper ram for your laptop... Thats how much it should cost you... Fixing it is easy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 9:06pm On Sep 07, 2016
stixz:

Does your laptop have one dimm or two dimms ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 9:49pm On Sep 07, 2016
stixz:
Hp250 g3.... Intel celerpon 2830...2.16ghz

Hw many slot does it av
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 10:26pm On Sep 07, 2016
noob03saibot:

Sorry, but won't it ask me for my windows installation cd?

You wont require the CD if you follow the instructions well.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 10:38pm On Sep 07, 2016
stixz:

If you'd be needing a 4gb, the cost should be between 5k and 8k...while 8gb should cost between 12k and 15k.

N.B: not so certain, it's a rough guess.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stixz(m): 10:40pm On Sep 07, 2016
horllamy:

Hw many slot does it av

(1) (2) (3) ... (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.