Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (745) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1267964 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 10:41pm On Sep 07, 2016
Meklex:
Please, I have been using my Hotspot with my laptop but I wanted to use it this morning my laptop found the Hotspot but it's writing 'can't connect to this network'

First of all... You should restart your PC and try again.

If that doesn't work.... Create a new hotspot connection with a different name and password, then connect.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bashiruhammed97(m): 11:16am On Sep 08, 2016
sheis:
Hello everyone,
I need serious help here. For the past one week, I have been having issues with network connections on my PC. I use my mobile hotspot to connect to my laptop. I am on Glo's 10 GB monthly data subscription. Everything has been fine until lately When I tried accessing some sites on my PC, I get this notification" your connection is not private, Attackers might be trying to steal your information, passwords etc. I have scanned the PC for viruses, I have set the time correctly and the problem remains the same. I still can't access those sites till today.

Has anyone here ever experienced this? How was it fixed? Why is the connection being flagged as not private? Is this because I am connecting with a mobile hotspot or is it the 10 GB data network that is not private? I just don't understand where the problem is coming from. To make things worse, I can't access these same sites on my mobile phone at times.

One other thing is most times when I try to use the google page for a search, I get the captcha test and a message that their systems have detected unusual traffic from my computer network even when I had not used the PC in the last 24 hours. I keep wondering where the unusual traffic is coming from.
How do I fix these problems please?
try to use proxy and port in ur browser settings.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by calculus4life: 11:46pm On Sep 08, 2016
hello house pls Wat could make my hp pavilion system screen light to start blinking on and off
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Xodun: 1:54pm On Sep 09, 2016
1.USB ports not functioning well
2.Problem with window 7 activation ( getting geniue win7)
3.keypad malfunction
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Xodun: 1:58pm On Sep 09, 2016
Good day sir's,
please come to my aid
3.keypad malfunction
i need advancement of troubleshooting these issues
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 1:35am On Sep 10, 2016
Xodun:
Good day sir's,
please come to my aid
3.keypad malfunction
i need advancement of troubleshooting these issues

PROBLEM 1
Usb not functioning well? It's either functioning or not. How many usb ports does your system have? Do they all not function well? What does not function well truly mean?

PROBLEM 2
Use an activator to activate Windows 7.If that fails, reinstall win 7 and use activator immediately after fresh installation

PROBLEM 3
Keypad membrane might be faulty. Take keyboard off and look at the condition of the membrane. Did your laptop suffer liquid contamination?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 1:40am On Sep 10, 2016
calculus4life:
hello house pls Wat could make my hp pavilion system screen light to start blinking on and off

Possibly flex damage
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 1:12pm On Sep 10, 2016
Xodun:
3.keypad malfunction

1. Does d usb not working at all or what.
2. Nt need to re-install just get window 7 activator
3. You have to replace ur keyboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smart024(m): 3:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
I bought a new 500gb harddrive to upgrade my laptop which came with a 225gb harddrive...

How do I go about doing it with respect to still maintaining all my files, folders and applications...?

NB: the laptop is a HP 655, its OS is windows 8 and has an AMD processor...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 3:27pm On Sep 10, 2016
smart024:
I bought a new 500gb harddrive to upgrade my laptop which came with a 225gb harddrive...

How do I go about doing it with respect to still maintaining all my files, folders and applications...?

Get an external hard drive, transfer all your files. After installation,transfer back.
NB : New hard drive installation would involve new operating system, driver installation etc etc etc

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by idrisalomagold(m): 4:51pm On Sep 10, 2016
horllamy:

use follow come charger to charge it
But I bought another one when the one that came with it got burnt by my small generator. Does that mean the one I bought is not follow come? Please how do I recognise follow come charger because I bough the second charger where they sell computers.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 5:54pm On Sep 10, 2016
idrisalomagold:
But I bought another one when the one that came with it got burnt by my small generator. Does that mean the one I bought is not follow come? Please how do I recognise follow come charger because I bough the second charger where they sell computers.

Don't used small generator to charging ur laptop it may damaged d motherboard. And again I don't think u may no original one, if u are living within Lagos just whatsapp me 08139462401
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smart024(m): 6:06pm On Sep 10, 2016
I bought a phone (itel-1506) while leaving my previous base and only to discover that any picture, video or audio folders I save on it corrupts immediately.

Since I am no longer where I bought it in order to return it, I took it to a carlcare center to see if it can be fixed on warranty.

They collected it and stayed with it for 2weeks but on returning it, it was as if nothing was done to it as the problem was still there.

Now it is really pissing me off as I am not enjoying the phone as I should...

Is there anything that can be done to it in order to solve this problem...?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 10, 2016
I just found out that there's no graphics card in my desktop computer and it's really been affecting the computers performance
please how can in replace it, cus I really don't have any idea about computers
I use a HP COMPAQ DC 7900
please can a graphics card be installed on it if yes which ones please
below are the pictures of the motherboard

cc..
computerboy
skydancer
Dermie
Lexusgs430
horllamy
bdavis

AKBliv010
Silkmoth33
zyzxx
Dermie
AKBliv010

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by computerboy: 10:27pm On Sep 10, 2016
Ehitunez:
I just found out that there's no graphics card in my desktop computer and it's really been affecting the computers performance

It's been long I stopped building desktops so I'm not really updated. Looking at the pics, yours is a small form factor. Of course you can install graphics card. Your model should take Radeon HD 7000 series (not sure for any model higher than that) but the thing to watch out is the power requirement of the card.

Since you're a novice, I'll suggest you take your unit with you to the accessory store so they can install it for you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tall2ce(m): 6:33am On Sep 11, 2016
my laptop was having screen problem and itvhas been fixed by an engineer and after collecting it yday I have discovered it does connect to mobile hotspot, smile, spectranet, etc but it has a weak signal strength and the smile, hotspot or spectranet are closer to the laptop while other laptops are connecting easily.
pls any help or idea to solve this problem? pls

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xross(m): 2:40pm On Sep 11, 2016
Please

I need help with my 500gig hard drive. It contains valuables but would only booth like it would open on my pc but it doesn't. Sometimes it gives me the format option but I can't format it for my valuables contained in it. It shows on the computer some times and doesn't at other times. How can I fix it.

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by one9ner: 7:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
My hp2000 is refusing to charge after trying a wrong charger.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 9:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
Ehitunez:

Yes, it can. You should consider any of this;

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500 (integrated on chipset)

ATI Radeon 3470 256MB SH PCIe x16 graphics card

ATI Radeon HD 2400XT 256MB DH PCIe x16 graphics card

ATI Radeon HD 3650 512MB DH PCIe x16 graphics card

NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290 256MB DH PCIe x16 graphics card

Good luck!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 11, 2016
Dermie:

Yes, it can. You should consider any of this;
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500 (integrated on chipset)
ATI Radeon 3470 256MB SH PCIe x16 graphics card
ATI Radeon HD 2400XT 256MB DH PCIe x16 graphics card
ATI Radeon HD 3650 512MB DH PCIe x16 graphics card
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290 256MB DH PCIe x16 graphics card
Good luck!!!
can't I get any one of one gig what of Radeon 7750
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 9:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
tall2ce:
my laptop was having screen problem and itvhas been fixed by an engineer and after collecting it yday I have discovered it does connect to mobile hotspot, smile, spectranet, etc but it has a weak signal strength and the smile, hotspot or spectranet are closer to the laptop while other laptops are connecting easily.

You should change your Hotspot's name and password, or release and renew your IP address.

°°° Release/ Renew IP Address °°°
* Open the Command Prompt

* Type ipconfig/release, press Enter.

* Type ipconfig/renew, press Enter.

Reconnect.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bdavis: 1:01am On Sep 12, 2016
Sorry I've been away for a while, actually got handed a ban for trying to help the lady with the infinix phone out... shocked I no know which rule I break o, all I said was to check her system had right driver for her kind of phone and went on a long winded spree to list procedures for iphone, blackberry and android.

Anyway, back and here to help, so would review some posts, weigh in with my professional opinion, those that have been adequately addressed, I would skip.

Here goes:

one9ner:
My hp2000 is refusing to charge after trying a wrong charger.

Curious: why did you try a wrong charger? What is the error message you are getting? If the laptop still comes on and you are getting the plugged in, not charging, do the following, even if it seems stupid and silly grin

1) remove the battery, run your fingers against a metal object (serious) then run them against the battery contacts on the laptop (not on the battery itself)

2) whilst your laptop is unplugged and the battery out, press and hold down the power button for 20-30 seconds, then replace the battery, power up (don't plug it) once completely booted, plug it and please USE THE RIGHT CHARGER.
Hope this helps.

xross:
Please
I need help with my 500gig hard drive. It contains valuables but would only booth like it would open on my pc but it doesn't. Sometimes it gives me the format option but I can't format it for my valuables contained in it. It shows on the computer some times and doesn't at other times. How can I fix it.
Thanks

Does it make noise when connected? Did it experience a fall? If no to both these questions, try connecting it with another USB cable. Hope this helps.

tall2ce:

Usually in order to fix screen issues, the WiFi card would have to be removed/disconnected. Kindly affirm that both cables for the wireless card were connected back and in the right and proper order. Also, try searching for an updated driver...right click my computer if using Windows 8 and below, this pc if using Windows 10, click manage, navigate to Device manager, expand your network blah blah blah, right click your wireless connection, click properties and click on update drivers (please note, I might not be using exact phrases here and unfortunately, can't attach pictures...my laptop fell from the stairs and I ended up with a broken screen and a bit of OS corruption which I'm too lazy to fix right now...sorry). Hope this helps.

Ehitunez:

cc..
computerboy
skydancer
Dermie
Lexusgs430
horllamy
bdavis
AKBliv010
Silkmoth33
zyzxx
Dermie
AKBliv010

You've been adequately served.

smart024:
I bought a phone (itel-1506) while leaving my previous base and only to discover that any picture, video or audio folders I save on it corrupts immediately.
Since I am no longer where I bought it in order to return it, I took it to a carlcare center to see if it can be fixed on warranty.
They collected it and stayed with it for 2weeks but on returning it, it was as if nothing was done to it as the problem was still there.
Now it is really pissing me off as I am not enjoying the phone as I should...
Is there anything that can be done to it in order to solve this problem...?

When you say any picture you save...are you referring to one's copied from a laptop? One's you get from bluetooth or one's taken with the camera?

smart024:

Connect the hard drive to your laptop externally, then use a cloning software to clone the one presently in the laptop to the 500GB...you can try acronis true image. If you need further help or a key/crack, holla me via ma signature...

Meklex:
Please, I have been using my Hotspot with my laptop but I wanted to use it this morning my laptop found the Hotspot but it's writing 'can't connect to this network'

Check the device you use for your hotspot and check your hotspot settings, making sure your hotspot is configured to allow all devices to connect. If it is and you still can't connect, right click it on your computer, click forget and then reconnect, it'll ask for password if password protected, enter it. Hope this helps.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:06am On Sep 12, 2016
bdavis:
Sorry I've been away for a while, actually got handed a ban for trying to help the lady with the infinix phone out... shocked I no know which rule I break o, all I said was to check her system had right driver for her kind of phone and went on a long winded spree to list procedures for iphone, blackberry and android.

Anyway, back and here to help, so would review some posts, weigh in with my professional opinion, those that have been adequately addressed, I would skip.

Here goes:

Curious: why did you try a wrong charger? What is the error message you are getting? If the laptop still comes on and you are getting the plugged in, not charging, do the following, even if it seems stupid and silly grin

1) remove the battery, run your fingers against a metal object (serious) then run them against the battery contacts on the laptop (not on the battery itself)

2) whilst your laptop is unplugged and the battery out, press and hold down the power button for 20-30 seconds, then replace the battery, power up (don't plug it) once completely booted, plug it and please USE THE RIGHT CHARGER.
Hope this helps.

Does it make noise when connected? Did it experience a fall? If no to both these questions, try connecting it with another USB cable. Hope this helps.

Usually in order to fix screen issues, the WiFi card would have to be removed/disconnected. Kindly affirm that both cables for the wireless card were connected back and in the right and proper order. Also, try searching for an updated driver...right click my computer if using Windows 8 and below, this pc if using Windows 10, click manage, navigate to Device manager, expand your network blah blah blah, right click your wireless connection, click properties and click on update drivers (please note, I might not be using exact phrases here and unfortunately, can't attach pictures...my laptop fell from the stairs and I ended up with a broken screen and a bit of OS corruption which I'm too lazy to fix right now...sorry). Hope this helps.

When you say any picture you save...are you referring to one's copied from a laptop? One's you get from bluetooth or one's taken with the camera?

Connect the hard drive to your laptop externally, then use a cloning software to clone the one presently in the laptop to the 500GB...you can try acronis true image. If you need further help or a key/crack, holla me via ma signature...

Check the device you use for your hotspot and check your hotspot settings, making sure your hotspot is configured to allow all devices to connect. If it is and you still can't connect, right click it on your computer, click forget and then reconnect, it'll ask for password if password protected, enter it. Hope this helps.
not yet oh.. I need to know of any 1gig graphics card that can work on my compaq dc7900 .. or can the Radeon 7750 work
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bdavis: 1:12am On Sep 12, 2016
moscyt:

I mean it goes to idle mode every 15mins, I have done everything but still does. Its so annoying.

Check your power settings...click on your battery and select adjust power settings (or something similar sha) change the values for when the screen should turn off, when the laptop should go to sleep and when it should hibernate, for every power management profile you'd like to use.

tall2ce:
Can one order parts from Hp?

Sure you can...if HP has started accepting our cards, which by my last check, they didn't...that's been a while though and as long as you have a way to bring it down (assuming you are living in 9ja). What part are you looking to order? Note: parts directly from HP usually costs a arm and a leg. HP has been known to sell hard drives for the price of a laptop. cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smart024(m): 6:54am On Sep 12, 2016
bdavis:

Here goes:

Hope this helps.

I am referring to ALL FOLDER...
PICTURES, VIDEOS AND AUDIO folders taken by camera, recorded, downloaded, received via Bluetooth and/or flashshare...

The only thing that works on my phone right from my memory is my apps...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bdavis: 8:46am On Sep 12, 2016
smart024:

I am referring to ALL FOLDER...
PICTURES, VIDEOS AND AUDIO folders taken by camera, recorded, downloaded, received via Bluetooth and/or flashshare...

The only thing that works on my phone right from my memory is my apps...

Have you tried resetting the phone? Sounds like you are the victim of some sort of malware/virus

Ehitunez:
not yet oh.. I need to know of any 1gig graphics card that can work on my compaq dc7900 .. or can the Radeon 7750 work

Yes, your system has the slot to handle this graphics card, so you can use it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by smart024(m): 8:51am On Sep 12, 2016
bdavis:

Have you tried resetting the phone? Sounds like you are the victim of some sort of malware/virus

Yes I have done that...
I once had a chat with someone who guided me through factory reset and I did it...
I did a factory default reset but the issue is still as it is...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yemi2plus(m): 9:02am On Sep 12, 2016
Help: Unknown Application Running

Please, I need assistance on this issue I started noticing in the early hours of today.

Whenever I try shutting down my PC, just before it shuts down, it brings out a notice that an application is currently running and preventing the PC from shutting down properly with an option to either cancel the shut down and go back to close the application normally or continue the shut down which forces the application to close on it own.

This should be normal if indeed I have an application running but the issue is, I don't have any programme open or running before attempting to shut down and neither does the notice tell me the name of the application that's running in background and the application icon is unknown.

I notice that my PC takes some time to boot and I guess the application might equally be responsible for this and my programmes take longer time to open when double-click on. Also, the speed of my cooling fan is running faster even when I'm not running any application or heavy application.

Also, my battery life has reduced. Normally, when fully charged, and if I move my mouse to the battery sign, I get 5 hours of usage even though it will last for 3 hours. But now, it shows 2 hours and last less even on 100% charge.

All these started when I did the following;

1. Defragment my hard drive.
2. Crack a version of Utorrent.
3. Install Google Chrome.

PC is HP Elitebook 8480p.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by computerboy: 10:00am On Sep 12, 2016
Ehitunez:

It'll work but the problem remains the power requirement. That card might warrant you to upgrade your power pack too. That's why i said you should take your PC with you to the store
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bdavis: 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2016
computerboy:

It'll work but the problem remains the power requirement. That card might warrant you to upgrade your power pack too. That's why i said you should take your PC with you to the store

He'll most likely have to change the PSU...now that is going to be a bit of a challenge though, given its HP...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 12, 2016
computerboy:

I already did and I also traded my board for a new one now I have the NVIDIA GeForce GT 640

(1) (2) (3) ... (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.