Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (757) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1270235 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chuksmad(m): 5:40pm On Oct 13, 2016
I have laptop screen, keyboard and DVD disk for HP pavilion dv6000 for sales @ a very affordable price
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:38am On Oct 14, 2016
Hi house, I usually put my laptop on sleep mode so I can resume what I am doing.
After working with it yesterday, I put it to sleep. And did not touch it for 5 hours. On getting back home and switching it on, it has refused to come up
The charging lights do come up and also the power light, but the fan is not working. I am confused as this laptop is a 2 week old laptop.
What might be wrong?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:45am On Oct 14, 2016
Luvlydevin:

Pls I usually put my laptop on sleep mode so I can resume what I am doing.
After working with it yesterday, I put it to sleep. And did not touch it for 5 hours. On getting back home and switching it on, it has refused to come up
The charging lights do come up and also the power light, but the fan is not working. I am confused as this laptop is a 2 week old laptop.
What might be wrong?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jbryte(m): 4:54am On Oct 14, 2016
My Acer Aspire E15 screen just halved itself into two suddenly while it stays on idle without any collision whatsoever, one part displaying, the other shows thick vertical blue lines. Pls help?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:00am On Oct 14, 2016
sotall:
Hi house, I have a hp250 which I usually put on sleep mode so I can resume what I am doing.
What might be wrong?.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rhosmherhy(f): 2:27pm On Oct 14, 2016
hi house, since i upgraded to windows 10 my laptop has been misbehaving..is there anyway i can go back to windows 7 myself without taking it back to the technnician?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bdavis: 2:35pm On Oct 14, 2016
dansantus1986:

Thank you very much for the insight.. But Is it possible for me to do it myself or an engineer..

Bros, you don't need to reinstall windows and you can get access to your files. Hit me up on whatsapp, I will walk you through what you have to do.

kingsleykings:
Please I have HP laptop windows 8; the system keeps giving me problems and they are as follows: sudden shutdown even when the battery is at 45%, excessive brightness and uncontrollable, keyboard not working fully and difficulty in logging in most times, I cannot even use the onscreen keyboard to log-in and most times I cannot transfer media such as music to my phone. Please you can reach me on kingsleybello83@gmail.com if you have got solutions to it. I will appreciate your feedback

What happened to your system? Liquid damage by any chance? Did you have work done on it recently?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 14, 2016
sotallcomputers:
First remove the battery and charger from the system. Press and hold the power button for 20-30 seconds. Plug the charger ( connected to mains ) to laptop and switch it on. Run it to windows if it comes on before putting back the battery.

I tried this but it's not working
Really confused here. Any other option bro?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 7:42pm On Oct 14, 2016
rhosmherhy:
hi house, since i upgraded to windows 10 my laptop has been misbehaving..is there anyway i can go back to windows 7 myself without taking it back to the technnician?

This is something that you can do if you are technically savvy or at least you can follow step by step instructions.

Some questions,
Why do you want to downgrade the operating system?
Have you got any files on the system that you want to keep?
Do you know what it means to boot your system into its BIOS?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 7:45pm On Oct 14, 2016
rasojie:

Pls I usually put my laptop on sleep mode so I can resume what I am doing.
What might be wrong?

Sometimes Windows acts erratically and won't resume after putting it to sleep. What I suggest is to force it to power down by holding the power button for 20-30secs. Then power it up again. Lemme know if it powers up. If it does, monitor the fan to make sure it is spinning well
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 7:56pm On Oct 14, 2016
Teechawa:
Please whats the difference between 110-15IBR and 100-151BR LAPTOPS?

Specs for 110

Processor: Intel® Pentium® N3710 Processor (1.60GHz 1600MHz 2MB)

Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64

Display: 15.6" HD Glossy (1366x768) with integrated camera

Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 405

Memory: 4.0GB DDR3 1600 MHz (Onboard)

Hard Drive: 1TB 5400 RPM

Optical Drive: DVD Recordable

Network Card: Lenovo AC Wireless

Bluetooth: Bluetooth Version 4.0

Warranty: One year

Pointing device: ClickPad

Battery: 3 Cell 24 Watt Hour Li-Cylindrical

Keyboard: English Keyboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 14, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Sometimes Windows acts erratically and won't resume after putting it to sleep. What I suggest is to force it to power down by holding the power button for 20-30secs. Then power it up again. Lemme know if it powers up. If it does, monitor the fan to make sure it is spinning well
The fan is not spinning, the system is not coming up, when I presss the power button, the charging and power lights come up for some seconds and refuse to power on
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 8:08pm On Oct 14, 2016
rasojie:

The fan is not spinning, the system is not coming up, when I presss the power button, the charging and power lights come up for some seconds and refuse to power on

Fan may be clogged by dust. The most widely tried solution is to remove the battery, hold down power for 20-60secs, insert battery and power up again. Alternatively try to ensure that your fan is not clogged with dust then try the above steps
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 8:15pm On Oct 14, 2016
rasojie:

I tried this but it's not working
Really confused here. Any other option bro?
what brand and model is your system?

I hope it is not HP pavillon 15...because of recent that motherboard seems to be plagued with the problem your are experiencing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 14, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Fan may be clogged by dust. The most widely tried solution is to remove the battery, hold down power for 20-60secs, insert battery and power up again. Alternatively try to ensure that your fan is not clogged with dust then try the above steps
My fan is okay. And that's step is not working
Do you think my mother board is bad?
What Else might be wrong?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 14, 2016
sotall:
what brand and model is your system?

I hope it is not HP pavillon 15...because of recent that motherboard seems to be plagued with the problem your are experiencing.
HP 250 bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 8:39pm On Oct 14, 2016
rasojie:

HP 250 bro
Just like I told you in the other thread you need to take that system to an engineer. I don't recommend solving a laptop fan issue with a " do it yourself " tutorial. Something may go wrong while you are disassemblying and coupling the system. I will advise you see an engineer.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 14, 2016
sotall:
Just like I told you in the other thread you need to take that system to an engineer. I don't recommend solving a laptop fan issue with a " do it yourself " tutorial. Something may go wrong while you are disassemblying and coupling the system. I will advise you see an engineer.
Okay bro
I will do so tomorrow
Thanks sir
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ultmatmus(m): 12:26pm On Oct 15, 2016
chuksmad:
I have laptop screen, keyboard and DVD disk for HP pavilion dv6000 for sales @ a very affordable price
how much is the screen and where are you based
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ultmatmus(m): 12:31pm On Oct 15, 2016
chuksmad:
how much is the screen and where are you based .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chuksmad(m): 5:06pm On Oct 15, 2016
ultmatmus:

how much is the screen and where are you based .
12k (negotiable)
Staying at uyo, akwa ibom
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chuksmad(m): 5:10pm On Oct 15, 2016
sotall:
What is ur opinion on this laptop model. HP 635, AMD e-450 apu radeon 1.65GHz. Is good?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ultmatmus(m): 6:53pm On Oct 15, 2016
chuksmad:

12k (negotiable)
Staying at uyo, akwa ibom
chaii no need negotiating again sef the distance is much i stay in abeokuta funaab
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 7:05pm On Oct 15, 2016
chuksmad:

What is ur opinion on this laptop model. HP 635, AMD e-450 apu radeon 1.65GHz. Is good?
It is a good notebook PC from HP and one advantage it has over other average PC is its AMD mobility radeon graphics with dedicated memory which means it can run applications with fairly average graphic requirements. Go for it if all you want is a PC that can carry out all a PC should in addition to excellent vision technology.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chuksmad(m): 9:00am On Oct 16, 2016
sotall:
It is a good notebook PC from HP and one advantage it has over other average PC is its AMD mobility radeon graphics with dedicated memory which means it can run applications with fairly average graphic requirements. Go for it if all you want is a PC that can carry out all a PC should in addition to excellent vision technology.
Thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BROWN105: 12:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
Please help, my PC can no longer sleep, and 3 of it keys (Caps lock, backspace and ESC) are not working again. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by holysaint1(m): 4:56pm On Oct 16, 2016
Guys please I seriously need your competent suggestions.. Cause I am at my wits here...

I have a Hp 6735s with Sempron si-42 cpu.... And I would love to upgrade the cpu to AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core RM-72.. Since it's compatible with the board...

Now here comes the complication....
The Sempron si-42 cpu has a FSB (fan serial bus) of 1800..
While the AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core RM-72 cpu has a FSB of 3600.
I use a DDR2 memory.
While, am guessing, the board has a FSB of 900mhz

Although I tried fixing the dual core cpu. After updating the bios of the system, But the pc wouldn't display...
Now the question is...... is it possible to "only" Overclock the FSB of the board.. ?

Cause I did some research on it and someone who had already upgraded this same type of system with the same Sempron si-42 specs to the AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core RM-72, advised (after various attempts) that the board can only work with the Turion Dual Core processor if the cpu FSB is overclocked to 1800...

And also, which is the best method to Overclock this system since the bios is kind da lock.. Ie it's a OEM Machine..

If any other info is needed.. Am ready to drop it in no time.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by holysaint1(m): 5:02pm On Oct 16, 2016
holysaint1:
Guys please I seriously need your competent suggestions.. Cause I am at my wits here...

I have a Hp 6735s with Sempron si-42 cpu.... And I would love to upgrade the cpu to AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core RM-72.. Since it's compatible with the board...

Now here comes the complication....
The Sempron si-42 cpu has a FSB (fan serial bus) of 1800..
While the AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core RM-72 cpu has a FSB of 3600.
I use a DDR2 memory.
While, am guessing, the board has a FSB of 900mhz

Although I tried fixing the dual core cpu. After updating the bios of the system, But the pc wouldn't display...
Now the question is...... is it possible to "only" Overclock the FSB of the board.. ?

Cause I did some research on it and someone who had already upgraded this same type of system with the same Sempron si-42 specs to the AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core RM-72, advised (after various attempts) that the board can only work with the Turion Dual Core processor if the cpu FSB is overclocked to 1800...

And also, which is the best method to Overclock this system since the bios is kind da lock.. Ie it's a OEM Machine..

If any other info is needed.. Am ready to drop it in no time.

Modified...

Here are some of the compatible processors with the pc
AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor ZM-82 (2.2-GHz, 2 x 1-MB L2 cache)
AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor ZM-80 (2.1-GHz, 2 x 1-MB L2 cache)
AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile Processor RM-72 (2.1-GHz, 2 x 512-KB L2 cache)
AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile Processor RM-70 (2.0-GHz, 2 x 512-KB L2 cache)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor for Notebook PCs QL-62 (2.0-GHz, 2 x 512-KB L2 cache)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor for Notebook PCs QL-60 (1.9-GHz, 2 x 512-KB L2 cache)
AMD Sempron Processor for Notebook PCs SI-40 (2.0-GHz, 512-KB L2 cache)
Chipset AMD M780G

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tgmservice: 9:30pm On Oct 16, 2016
help guys my hp desktop(win 7) time always keep going wrong every time i correct it, i have changed the cmos battery but its still the same
its important i have the correct time due to the nature of work i do

(1) (2) (3) ... (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.